Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 16, 2015 2:07 AM
Dec 2009
Zen seems like he'll make a great leader one day-- he gets that by doing nothing but deskwork he might lose sight of what's actually going on in his country.

I liked Shirayuki's outfit in this episode, cute but functional!

Can't help but think Shirayuki might be better off dying her hair though, I know she's probably too proud to but it would help her avoid unwanted observation/stalking... and I'm sure she knows some plants she could mix to create a dye. I respect that she's strong enough to face everything head on though.
Aug 17, 2015 8:44 AM

Apr 2011
Three episodes in, and I could say she could be the best female character this season.
Aug 22, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
These two are so cute c:
Aug 23, 2015 8:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The way she kept advancing towards Haruka who had his sword pointed her was amazing. She just does as she pleases, brave as well.

Gotta love Shirayuki, she's got that serious attitude and all the caring feelings.

Aug 31, 2015 12:14 AM

Aug 2013
Keep the ship sailing.. Shirayuki best waifu ever.
Sep 6, 2015 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
Urgh, slow and uneventful. Biggest problem with this series so far is there's no real direction. And Zen is so perfect it's grating.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 20, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2011
I really like how Shirayuki isn't some pussy, she's actually very commendable.
Looking forward to more of this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 1, 2015 10:23 PM

Apr 2014
This is a sweetly innocent world, but it's just dark enough to where it's not childish. Gotta respect Shirayuki's bravery. She's so calm and soft-spoken, but a sharp and quick thinker.

I really like the atmosphere. It's pleasant, peaceful, and relaxing; reminds me a bit of Aria.

I'm watching Arslan Senki at the same time, and in that anime, Lord Haruka would have been banished or executed for undermining the prince like that, as would his archer subordinate.
DawningFogOct 1, 2015 10:33 PM
Oct 2, 2015 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder where the rest of the royal family is at.
Oct 6, 2015 11:23 AM

May 2012
Another very lovely episode with great development! Looking forward to see what's next!
Jan 22, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
Another good episode, the story goes smoothly that is a pleasure, narrative that shows no discrepancies in the various steps, everything fits in the reasons given, drawings and animations beautiful, more and more interesting characters, and props senografie very beautiful, excellent OST , the catchy opening and ending, happy to have started this series!
Jan 22, 2016 1:17 PM
Jul 2015
This is so Disney... I love it.

Im really liking Shirayuki, she has my total respect now, she is brave, smart and honest with her feelings. I want more female leads like her!
Jan 23, 2016 4:53 AM

Jun 2010
Well I don't like Shirayuki at all. If someone says she can't go to the castle anymore, what does she do? Runs straight in of course. She didn't think even for one second that maybe it was the king, who doesn't want such a country girl to be friends with his son.

Well in this case it was Lord/Duke or something, but the way Shirayuki looked him down her nose, made me more than angry. She's not in the position to talk to him that way, especially when she's in a place that she doesn't belong to.

I'm not saying Shirayuki is annoying because she's not royalty, or because she goes to the castle. I just don't like how she sometimes thinks she's above some people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2016 4:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shirayuki proves to be a BAMF! Obi seems interesting.

4/5
Feb 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
Shirayuki sure has some confidence to face that lord with the sword.

Naicu episode.
Apr 7, 2016 7:20 AM

Feb 2012
Obi clearly has The Force if he can do trick like that 😄

Shirayuki is so brave determined. Get to the top by her own means despite having a free card to the top by being friends with the prince.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 21, 2016 9:57 PM

Jul 2014
Red is a vulgar color. >:(3333

4/5
Jul 25, 2016 1:36 PM
Mar 2014
this anime is so feminist <3 zen is a great feminist i love it!

it is an absolute "he for she" kinda anime :)
Jul 11, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
Shirayuki wants to be able to see Zen without relying on his authority, while also improving her skills as a pharmacist. A respectable objective.

I was so relieved by the aversion of an abduction plot this time! Still, Shirayuki's behavior bordered on reckless in this episode. This could be a flaw that may come into play later - that she can be hardworking and confident to a fault. But it's a good thing that she's willing to take risks. It's also important to note that she kept going after being warned specifically because she wanted to get answers and talk the situation over with Zen. Which she did, and the fact that Zen agreed to investigate separately was cool, if also a bit reckless.

I can easily believe that when she faced Lord Haruka's sword, the reason why she kept going was that she called his bluff. Since she realized that banning her from the Castle would be out of character for Zen, she assumed that whoever was really responsible for the ban had to go behind the prince's back in order to get rid of her. As she correctly identified the man stopping her (Lord Haruka) as this person, it makes sense that she assumed that he didn't really have the authority to just stab her. It was risky, but she knew what she was doing, and that doesn't make the moment any less badass.

Lord Haruka is a flat character so far, I'll concede that. But I like that, even though he's a sexist and arrogant jerk, he still kind of had a point. Normally, you wouldn't want the prince to be influenced by some strange individual with a background you can't confirm, because it's a security risk at the very least. I'd even argue that this was a lesson for Zen, because he should have taken care of the paperwork sooner so Shirayuki would be able to freely access the Castle grounds.

Zen is a promising prince not just because he's generally nice to be around, but because he likes seeing things from more than one angle, and doesn't want to lose sight of what goes on outside of the Castle walls, i.e. the real country. He even resisted the urge to swoop in early to save Shirayuki, and waited until she successfully called his bluff to bust him. He didn't want to accuse him without evidence. What a guy. Also, I wonder if his line about enemies will be significant later.

I'm reserving judgement on Obi but he seems like fun.
LeeTailorJul 11, 2017 9:54 AM
Oct 1, 2017 3:13 AM

Dec 2012
Dem black particles.
Dat arrow.
Haruka points his sword at Shirayuki.
Who picked up the arrow? It just disappeared.

The ED song sounds so familiar.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 1, 2017 11:51 PM

Dec 2013
Shirayuki has some guts walking up to the guard like that.
Feb 25, 2019 2:11 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I am enjoying myself but I'm kinda "meh* curious on how long Shirayuki hair is going to be an issue and will it spring up every base problem in the story. I know it's a fantasy and what not so I can look past it a tad but I kind of want something more? She's a gorgeous girl and I know she's not of wealth or name (though in my head I wonder if we'll find out this isn't true at some point) but she's no wretch.

Anyways I can't wait for the herbalist exam plot line to start.
May 10, 2019 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
Shirayuki is so badass at this episode. She is confidently confronting Lord Haruka at swordpoint. She is an admirable heroine. I love seeing a strong female role. She reminds me of Yona from Akatsuki no Yona.

Zen is so funny and cute. I also like his personality and agility. He can easily sense bad things. He also reminds me of another guy named Zen from Mystic Messenger (I already said this in the discussion of episode one but I just cannot get over with it).

Obi is an interesting character.

I love this episode! ~❤️
Sep 9, 2019 4:37 AM

Apr 2017
Shirayuki calling Haruka and Obi's bluffs was great to see. She stands up against unfair treatment without losing her composure or being rude, as opposed to the anime tendency to have everyone scream and be emotional in situations such as this. Obi looks like a fun character, too, I hope he'll stick around - though he got off lightly, considering he basically forged an official document and the prince's signature on it.

I don't think Haruka is wrong in his thinking, though; none of them know anything about Shirayuki past what she herself tells them. They can't know whether her intentions in getting closer to the prince are good-natured or not, so it's reasonable to be on their guard around someone they know next to nothing about.
Sep 19, 2019 1:48 AM
Dec 2017
Sugoi sugoi sugoi
Feb 1, 2020 1:55 AM

May 2016
Decent episode but needs some more activity.
Apr 19, 2020 11:31 PM

Jun 2013
Yuki-chan was kind of badass facing Haruka in this episode. Also, Obi! One of my favorite characters.
臭い-
Dec 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
Shirayuki continues to be damn great, and not intimidated to be broken so quickly when others who serve in the Kingdom want her to stop seeing Prince Zen and use tricks like fake letters and even hiring a guy to snipe her with a bow if she does sneak in and continue to march onwards to meet Prince Zen. She handled her business, earned the respect of Lord Marquis Haruka and manages to improve her general chemistry with Zen as a whole in this episode, both before and after all of that happened. She's now applying to be a court herbalist so hopefully if she can get the job there, she won't have to be sniped off like that if she wants to enter the court like that. Also rate how Zen's attitude towards being a prince is, he's someone who wants to have fun in life and wants to interact with people from all sorts of backgrounds (especially Shirayuki who he loves to talk to even though she has no social status and is just a normal girl with red hair), but also work really hard and has the right attitude too with maturity worthy of the status of Prince without being a spoiled brat like Prince Raj from the first episode.

The show is moving at a slow but steady pace and while you could make an argument that both of these characters are a bit too perfect personality and characterization wise to have real believability and grip into the show, it's still a feels good story for me that does more than enough to be engaging on both a romance, world building and political level too. Natural empowerment and great characters really carry this show.
Aug 4, 2021 12:32 PM

Jan 2021
I love Shirayuki's confidence.
Hopefully that doesn’t change.
But also overall this episode was pretty good.
Jan 7, 2022 10:54 PM

Dec 2020
zen you've known this girl for only a few weeks and you've alr fallen for her, HARD too at that. i get it tho who tf Wouldn't

obi .... he seems like a fun guy. really hope he's not the second ml i think ill die a little knowing this dude will get his heart broken just bc he's the second ml
Apr 25, 2022 7:58 AM
Apr 2022
I'm loving the anime so far. I am a huge fan of reading any and all legible text since it usually provides you with more insight on the show, but some text shown now has me a bit confused.

Nov 6, 2022 6:15 AM
Nov 2022
Am trying to download but it difficult
Mar 20, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2020
I liked how Shirayuki confronted that overprotective lord or whatever his status was, instead of following the usual thought process, "this might be the best for him if I stop myself getting involved". That wasn't just brave but something quite refreshing to see as well.

Also there's a guy shooting people down with arrows and threatening if he feels like, so I guess it doesn't hurt to inquire more about him rather than just his name lol.
Jun 2, 2023 10:55 AM
Jan 2021
im so bored omfgggg
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.