Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think it's weird when guys pretend to be girls online?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 10, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2014
JTkelbe said:
Saturma said:

Maybe people shouldn't be so quick to believe every person with a female character telling you they're a girl, is telling the truth though.

so were you the perpetrator or the victim?

This sounds like you're assuming I'm a guy, which I think is quite presumptuous of you. o:

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jul 10, 2015 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Oi, lemme tell you a story.

So, this one guy, on this one website that I shall not name, was pretending to be a chick and saying weird crap to get popular. Like, talking about tea or random stuff. Sure enough, this fake account got popular. This fake persona even went as far as getting called "The Queen". It was nuts. He even went as far as posting a fake picture to maintain this persona. And he also caused a lot of drama, so he faked this female's personas death. Yeah, not even kidding. So, like a year later he tells his two closest friends on the website bout this. Then they go to a smaller group of members, including myself, and spill the beans, and everyone goes batshit crazy and the news is spread like wildfire and the guy, needless to say gets lynched by like half the website.

My point is, lying can only lead to deep, deep shit.
So I think it is bad to lie about your gender.
Though it isn't that possible for it to escalate as much as this case, but still, small lies can get bad real quick.
Jul 10, 2015 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Saturma said:
JTkelbe said:

so were you the perpetrator or the victim?

This sounds like you're assuming I'm a guy, which I think is quite presumptuous of you. o:

Well, just from the way you were talking about pretending to be a girl while playing a game just seemed like you were talking out of experience.
Snapchat: jt.kelbe
Jul 10, 2015 10:20 AM
Dec 2014
Congress said:
Yeah, it's pretty weird.

Especially when you try to sound like a girl in Counter Strike or Dota :DD
j
Jul 10, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
Ask Bash.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 10, 2015 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
I hate them

It's thanks to them that real girls like me get accused of not being actual females
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 10, 2015 10:23 AM
Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
I hate them

It's thanks to them that real girls like me get accused of not being actual females

Really? First time hearing of this... Males online turn from total douchebags to Mr. nice guys in a blink of an eye when they encounter a woman, or so it seems to me.
j
Jul 10, 2015 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
erik_erik_ said:
Comic_Sans said:
I hate them

Really? First time hearing of this... Males online turn from total douchebags to Mr. nice guys in a blink of an eye when they encounter a woman, or so it seems to me.
Maybe some women but not me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 10, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2011
It can be funny as a joke but otherwise it's usually very creepy guys thinking they can take advantage by faking their gender.

Jul 10, 2015 10:34 AM

May 2014
JTkelbe said:
Saturma said:

Well, just from the way you were talking about pretending to be a girl while playing a game just seemed like you were talking out of experience.

I did know several guys playing female characters, letting people think they were girls, so I guess in a way you could say it's from experience. The last time I checked though, I was still a girl myself. o:

Jul 10, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2015
Saturma said:
JTkelbe said:

I did know several guys playing female characters, letting people think they were girls, so I guess in a way you could say it's from experience. The last time I checked though, I was still a girl myself. o:

I think I'm just going to follow your advice and
Saturma said:
shouldn't be so quick to believe every person with a female character telling you they're a girl

Unless you can provide proof of some sort :/
Jul 10, 2015 10:42 AM
Mar 2014
It's creepy as hell, and I try to stay away from people who end up doing it.
Jul 10, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2014
vodall said:

im an 8 year old moe loli ..... i swear, plz believe mehh D:
Jul 10, 2015 10:45 AM
Oct 2014
vodall said:

Maybe they feel like they are girls?

Jul 10, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2014
JTkelbe said:
Saturma said:

Saturma said:
shouldn't be so quick to believe every person with a female character telling you they're a girl

That's fine, because I don't think it makes any difference whether you think I'm a guy or a girl. c:

Jul 10, 2015 10:46 AM

Feb 2015
ZA_WAYD said:
vodall said:

im an 8 year old moe loli ..... i swear, plz believe mehh D:

yeah sure WAD
Jul 10, 2015 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah its pretty creepy.
Jul 10, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
Saturma said:
JTkelbe said:

That's fine, because I don't think it makes any difference whether you think I'm a guy or a girl. c:

ok I just wanted to make sure that you were a guy like I suspected
Jul 10, 2015 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
I find it a bit weird, but maybe they want to see the different reactions from people or, it could be that they are using the internet to identify as the gender that they want to be because they can't really do that in their real lives.
Jul 10, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
if someone does that I would feel like maybe they have a bit of gender dysphoria or are just too curious for their own good. If they dont and they did something like that it just seems really strange when its more than just a joke
Jul 10, 2015 11:35 AM

Oct 2012
It's pathetic. I've witnessed this kind of thing not only in MAL, but also in online games, and well pretty much anywhere you go online. Guys putting up a female front when posting on messageboards to attract attention, or posing as girls online in order to steal thirsty guys' items for their own benefit.

It's sad how people go this far as to even fake the other gender (your title applies the other way around too), but at the same time, it's also sad how some people are so thirsty they don't even consider this possibility and nasty situations result.

It's not limited to just guys and girls, either *cough*
Jul 10, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
I think its weird but gotta let people i.e. guys discover their inner femininity
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2015 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
MCsq2 said:
It's pathetic. I've witnessed this kind of thing not only in MAL, but also in online games, and well pretty much anywhere you go online. Guys putting up a female front when posting on messageboards to attract attention, or posing as girls online in order to steal thirsty guys' items for their own benefit.

It's sad how people go this far as to even fake the other gender (your title applies the other way around too), but at the same time, it's also sad how some people are so thirsty they don't even consider this possibility and nasty situations result.

It's not limited to just guys and girls, either *cough*

I do it for fun, and I don't ask for items.

I like the customization options that come with such a thing.
Jul 10, 2015 11:43 AM

Nov 2014
Cersei said:
I suppose I don't mind when it's a small joke, but I find the people who try their best to come off as a girl really weird. I don't see the appeal in it, unless you're really desperate for some attention (mostly from other males at that, which makes it even weirder).

Or they're trying to connect with girls. Either way, it's definitely fucked up, and really pathetic.
Jul 10, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
I am a loli.
Redheadphones said:
The 'Children' continue to flock around me. They see me as a guide on their path to salvation. They wish to transcend their powerless existences, to grow from mere boys and girls into men and women of worth and value.

Pick a number between 1-4 and hope to get lucky.
1 2 3 4
Jul 10, 2015 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
I pretend to be a "guy pretending to be a girl" to further confuse people from my actual gender
Jul 10, 2015 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
Yes, very very weird. I can't even begin to comprehend the reasoning behind it.
Jul 10, 2015 4:55 PM
Feb 2014
at least eggroll does it the other way and succeeds

shes literally hot tbh
Jul 10, 2015 5:00 PM

Jun 2015
It's not for me, but whatever floats their boat.

Jul 10, 2015 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
I think id make a pretty gril
Jul 10, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 2014
Good thing I treat both genders the same on MAL: Like shit~
Jul 10, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
erik_erik_ said:

Maybe some women but not me
It feels weird treating someone with an picture of an old man as their profile pic. If you just used bishounen or bishoujo like normal girls you might get treated a bit better on MAL.
Jul 10, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
The gender that a stranger on the Internet may-or-may-not-have in real life doesn't mean anything to me. If you want to pretend to be a girl then go ahead. Maybe you believe in gender-fluidity, just want different treatment, or just want free games? I don't care.
In the last case... the people who give out games to random girls are much worse. It's what losers who call themselves 'nice guys' and complain about the 'friendzone' do to make up for their lack of personality, and they're clearly pretty desperate.

Anyone who feels genuine hatred for someone pretending to be a girl on the Internet should probably start doing some pretending themselves... and put on a persona where they act as though they are not secretly an ass.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 11, 2015 7:57 AM
May 2015
Its creepy and weird.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Jul 11, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 2015
Zeev said:
As long as they are not serial killers, I don't mind it.
I don't care about people's genders anyway.
Jul 11, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
I don't have much of an opinion about that. It's kinda like any other fake persona people put up on the internet.
Jul 11, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
why would they do that here? are there any advantages by pretending to be a girl on MAL?
Jul 11, 2015 11:26 AM

Oct 2012
KuroGinzo said:
why would they do that here? are there any advantages by pretending to be a girl on MAL?
No. Some people here are just gross attention whores.
Jul 11, 2015 11:26 AM
Jul 2013
fking lol m8
when I used to play runescape I did this shit ;)
Jul 11, 2015 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
Secretly everyone wishes they were a girl, much more fascinating creatures.
Jul 11, 2015 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
Anmoly97 said:
fking lol m8
when I used to play runescape I did this shit ;)
Coincidentally, my current avatar on RS is a girl. I had an excuse though, because my RSN is Railgun. (I kinda failed designing her character though lol, fking Jagex and their shitty character customizations)

At least they have good looking twintails.
Jul 11, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
it's messed up period.
Jul 11, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
I pretended to be a girl in a chatroom once to see if my female friends, who kept telling me they get constantly harrased, were right about that.
No 10 seconds later about 4 or 5 guys wrote me if I want to fuck.
That was fun.
Jul 11, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
hm, I'm pretty neutral towards that. Although some of my friends here do exactly that, they just do it for fun I guess... they don't totally pretend, either, because if you ask them they'll just tell you they're male xD

I think it would be fun for the person doing it, not so much for the other people getting 'decieved'
Jul 11, 2015 12:35 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
SnugglyWhuggly said:
What about girls who pretend to be guys online?

I personally haven't come across either, aside from guys who play as female characters in MMOs or online games, but they still very much identify with being "male".

Agree with this.
+
I usually have a male and female character in MMOS and in RPG games I prefer Female if they look ok, why smash 900 hours into skyrim looking at some dude when I can look a hot ass for 200 hours #BigJigglyBoobPhysics

Though properly pretending to be a girl online is weird, though if someone in chat who your not even voic chatting with says they're a girl, I really wouldn't believe them because either they're an attention whore which I don't like or probably lying, since if your a real gamer why does it matter who you are IRL...
Jul 11, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Some people will do anything to get something from someone, and those people are pathetic.

But some people have identity issues, so I don't give those people much trouble.
Jul 11, 2015 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
Its weird in online communities. Its normal in one time conversations, which I myself do occasionally unless the convo turns serious the I tell the truth.
Jul 11, 2015 9:47 PM

Apr 2014
I don't understand it honestly, like its not changing anything at all. Imo they must just crave the attention cause they're probably some type of outcast/outsider irl and the creepy online attention makes them feel good? Idk, i think its weird.
Jul 11, 2015 9:59 PM

Mar 2013
It's pretty pathetic, especially when they start having cyber sex with another dude
Jul 11, 2015 11:06 PM

Mar 2015
So, guys actually do that? I mean... okay... for me, I used the internet as a younger person to "escape" in a way, being trans and not able to express it, online games/forums were a means for me to do that, the difference is that it was never with the intent to be flirtatious and cybering or whatever some of these guys do. and it surprised me meeting other people in real life who said they did the exact same thing as me. I'm not sure if most people who do it are the same way, or if they are just... weird.

i guess most of you think i'm weird though... or... a "trap" < say that to me in real life and I will kill you.
ask me stuff [color=pink]// [/color] anime list
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

20 by Kamikaze_404 »»
50 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

27 by cody »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

24 by Zedlin »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

70 by Zedlin »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

51 by Zedlin »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.