3It was OK
9.0%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
2.2%
Average 4.4
759 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, what's with those funny glasses?! Anyways, kinda nice to see all the witches at once again in the finale. Overall, this felt way too rushed though imo towards the end.

The finale didn't waste time to give some emotional moments though either by the looks of things:

But yeah, looked like the plan was initiated. Nene played a prominent role in this as well. Really was hoping this would be 2 cour in the end as this one cour just feels not enough. 6/10 and that's being generous. And oh yeah, Yamada got another kiss this episode as expected.
Stark700Jun 28, 2015 10:18 AM
Jun 28, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like that Sawashiro-san's character remembers about him. It seems like she did the same thing as them (finding witches), with FukuJun's character.

They finally got all 7 witches, and FukuJun's character is helping out because he's curious about his memory. Everyone's memory's back. His wish was to get witch's powers disappeared. They like each other, so the confession is successful.

The series was enjoyable, but not the best.
tsubasaloverJul 1, 2015 1:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 28, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
I wasn't expecting anything other than what has already been said for many weeks now about it being rushed.
But is it a bad thing if I didn't read the manga and didn't pay very close attention to the plot and still enjoyed it?
Even though so many people have already voiced their opinion about it being rushed and 12 episodes being to short for this anime.
It was still made good enough for it to be enjoyable to watch. It looked pretty and had a lot of conflict between characters.
It might not be a masterpiece but its still relativity good.
DesuTronicJun 28, 2015 8:35 AM
Jun 28, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Just a rant:

Oh it's over now huh?! Thanks this shit manga adaptation was finally over!
Since I didn't enjoy this train-wrecked adaptation from a shitty/crap tier LIDENFILMS Anime Studio, I'll rate this 4 out of 10 overall!!
And I strongly advice to those anime only watchers to read the manga because they skipped a lot of fun stuff!!!
Or maybe I'll rate this show a higher score if this fucking studio make some enhancements or some ova with fun service.
Like with plenty of scenes of any/all of the of witches' being naked showing their boobs and with nipples.
Or any pretty female side characters, I might rate my score up to 8 or maybe 10!!!
Yeah I'm lewd It's because that's how the reaction supposed to be for what/how it is made of!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 28, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2014
Was a fun ride! yeah a lot of parts were skipped but hey it was still fun. Now to continue the manga!
Jun 28, 2015 10:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very good finale despite it being rushed obviously. Cause of this fact though, i can't give this more than a 7/10. Towards the end, it was very hard to get attached to the characters when they didn't get much screentime. Literally only Yamada and Shiraishi got the focus.
Jun 28, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Fitting ending. Although they skipped a few parts and it felt obviously rushed (haven't started reading the manga yet), it was overall decent in enjoying this show. At times I just zoned out through it because of the sudden character introductions and such, so 12 episodes made it pretty insufficient for this. 7/10
Jun 28, 2015 10:12 AM
Feb 2015
Sad that this series was rushed especially this episode. Wish it was 24 episode run... Oh well I enjoyed it regardless of that.
Happy that everyone got their memories back and the witch power is gone but ima miss this series, now time to read the manga :)
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 28, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2011
Score up to 10/10.
Reading all the comments here, I wish this was 24 episodes instead, but in the end we have to be happy with what we got if we had fun with it. And I did have a lot of fun with this show. The VA really owned as well. That was the most amazing part of the production quality for me. Great art and good animation to boot. Really, cant justify leaving it at 9/10 just because some people said a lot was skipped and it could have been better.
Jun 28, 2015 10:17 AM

May 2014
Well it did its job, going to buy the manga now. It was really good and sometimes enjoyable I'm going to give it an 8/10 and can't wait to see what the anime skipped
Jun 28, 2015 10:23 AM

Mar 2014
Anyone else notice that Asuka wasnt at the party.
What happened?
no one told or invited her?
she didnt want to go?
she was there but had her invisibility power activated?

It just doesnt seem right that she wasnt there
Yamazaki's right hand
ex-witch......
unless she was the bad guy somehow and got snubbed?
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jun 28, 2015 10:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is how you rush a series without it suffering much at all

Yeah it would have been nice to see some of the things that they skipped but to be honest, this series did perfectly fine without it...The comedy is where I think that this series truly shines as well as Shiraishi and Yamada's dynamic and I commend the anime team for capturing that really well....The dramatic scenes involving the witches were good too even

Ending was great....That's all that's need to be said other than to read the manga now lol

8/10

Might be a bad adaptation but as I said in the UBW and DxD threads this season, adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
TokoyaJun 28, 2015 10:32 AM
Jun 28, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2010
Yamazaki in tears was also a pretty nice scene.

Though somewhat quick, there were plenty of laughs, especially early on. Have to say that this was rather enjoyable.

Glad to see it ending like that with the confession too. A really good prompt to get back into the manga, I mean, even if it was "bad" it would only mean that the manga's enjoyment would only go uphill.
Jun 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
Rayzer said:
Just a rant:

Since I didn't enjoy this train-wrecked adaptation from a shitty/crap tier LIDENFILMS Anime Studio, I'll rate this 4 out of 10 overall!!
And I strongly advice to those anime only watchers to read the manga because they skipped a lot of fun stuff!!!
Or maybe I'll rate this show a higher score if this fucking studio make some enhancements or some ova with fun service.
Like with plenty of scenes of any/all of the of witches' being naked showing their boobs and with nipples.
Or any pretty female side characters, I might rate my score up to 8 or maybe 10!!!
Yeah I'm lewd It's because that's how the reaction supposed to be for what/how it is made of!!!

yeah?...... aaaand Skip!
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jun 28, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
Overall I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But it really would've been better with as a 2 cour.

The bits with Leona were rushed as hell. Were we supposed to feel something? I couldn't really tell.

But the last scene with Yamada and Shirashi was nice to see :)

Overall a 6/10. Didn't find this enjoyable as the manga with the severe pacing problems :/
Jun 28, 2015 10:34 AM

Jul 2012
This anime was enjoyable to watch even though it was rushed. Nice ending there, what happened with that kiss?

7/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
I'm not a Shiraishi shipper and she's not my fav but the confession scene at the end was really cute.

It's just sad to see how the anime focused on her and left out lots of the development that the other girls should've got :/ (esp Nene and Noa T^T)

Loved the scene when Yamazaki cried after seeing Leona. Quite emotional.

Anyway not the best adaption wise. Really rushed and stuff but definitely a fun ride.
I have the manga as an 8/10 and I'll rate this the same just because the VAing was stellar
Barion-ZaraJun 28, 2015 11:59 AM
Jun 28, 2015 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
My friend and I have a term for anime that rush an adaptation to fit as much as possible; pulling a Brynhildr.

I can say that this anime pulled a Brynhildr. Pretty though! The finale was aight.
Jun 28, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2010
5/10 boring show overall.
Jun 28, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
Rayzer said:
Just a rant:

Oh, I was wondering, whether I should read manga ... Now I definitely will read it, thanks
Jun 28, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
Extremely rushed but nevertheless I enjoyed this series

I recommend everyone who watched this anime should go read the manga because you will understand the story a lot better and the anime skipped out on a lot of parts

I still hope there's a second season

I rated this a 10/10 because I always rate everything higher than normal
OrangeJPJun 28, 2015 5:20 PM

Jun 28, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
They are not even gonna attempt a sequel?? Cause the manga definitely doesnt end here. The anime ended like this was the end, wtf. Decent adaptation but wtf is up with the endng
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 28, 2015 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
SHIRAISHI<333 LOVED THE ENDING. 10/10
Jun 28, 2015 10:59 AM
Sep 2013
not reading the manga but as an anime only viewer i can tell that the pace is so fast, rapid dialogue, fast-changing scene, i feel like watching my usual weekly f1 race instead of an anime.

but story-wise it's very unique and refreshing, that last yamada wish is kinda caught me surprised,too.

7.5, bumped to 8 because their voice actresses selection probably what the best we have right now.
-hayami saori
-uchida maaya
-yuuki aoi
-hanazawa kana
-sawashiro miyuki

with 22 episodes this probably nominated as one of the best in 2015..
Jun 28, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
7/10 mostly because music and animation was good, it was nice to see Noa and others in motion and they kept a few good scenes.

Anyway, thanks for ruining adaption of one of my favorite mangas of all time LIDENFILMS. You better stick to your shorts.

And I'm upset because they removed this scene from episode 11:
Jun 28, 2015 11:06 AM
Apr 2014
Hope there's a season 2.

Something just didnt feel quite right with the last scene and poof! straight to the credits. Like dam that was really cut short or rushed
Jun 28, 2015 11:08 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Would have give this a 6.5 but i can't, so it's gonna be a 7.
It was good and it had some good moment but it felt sooo rushed (as someone who hasnt read the manga) and i really thought that we could have a future season when it just ..... end here.
Pretty much destroying its chance for a second season
eh

EDIT : LOL fuck dat i give a 6 instead.
DatRandomDudeJun 28, 2015 11:48 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 28, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
Enjoyable shows. Would love a sequel.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 28, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
zunderdog24 said:
What happened?
she didnt want to go?

Yamazaki's right hand
ex-witch......

She doesnt have her witch power anymore because of Yamada's wish her and the 7 witches that were introduced

Jun 28, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2014
That turned out pretty good in the end. We got to see all the witches again and got some closure on a whole variety of issues. Best of all, Yamada and Shiraishi confessed and kissed.

I want a second season seeing as there's a lot more of the manga, but this ending makes me wonder what would actually happen in a second season. Actually, I can't even see how the manga continued from here, but oh well.

8/10

As an aside, I've really enjoyed reading the butthurt over the pacing these last few weeks. It's definitely been amusing.
Jun 28, 2015 11:21 AM
Nov 2013
Well, as someone that loves the manga, this entire series was a massive letdown. It was pretty obvious that it would be a trainwreck as soon as we heard Lidenfilms and 12 episodes, but it was still painful to see so many great scenes completely skipped. Its such a shame that it wasn't a 2-cour, because there is an incredible amount of character development that was excluded. It was fun to see the manga characters animated, but this was nothing less than a complete butchering of an immensely enjoyable manga.
Jun 28, 2015 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
Fuck this adaptation. They fucking rushed everything.

They rushed the flashback of seven witches. They rushed Leona scene. Also they rushed the part where Saionji is actually in love with the president.

My favorite Noa's scene was skipped. That's a minus from me.

Not even an open ending for season 2.

FUCK THIS ADAPTATION 3/10, I give 3/10 for moving Nene and Noa.
All board team Nene on the manga~~

They turned one of my favorite manga into SHIT. SHITTY LINDEN. SHITTY ADAPTATION.
Fuck this shit.

Jun 28, 2015 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
Rayzer said:
Just a rant:

Agreed. People who rated 10/10 have no idea what they're missing and why this adaptation is shitty. I feel sad for them.

Jun 28, 2015 11:30 AM

Nov 2014
Whole anime felt rushed, but at the same time I love how it ended. Knowing it's adaptation of ongoing manga I expected another "now go read" ending, but suddenly I got satisfying conclusion.
If it only was 24 episodes long I think I could even go with 10/10, but with how rushed it was (and it was the only major flaw for me) I still give 8/10.
Jun 28, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
Enjoyable, but the pacing was absolutely horrid, which became really apparent with the middle part of the series up to the end. You can easily tell many things were skipped from the source. It was really hard to ignore. Was the confession really in the manga as well? Didn't think it would come so soon since the manga is still on going? I'll probably jump into the manga now

6/10

Jun 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
I'll rate it 6/10 a bit too rushed for my taste.

Really if they wanted to end at this point why not make it a 2-cour series?

Oh well at least the manga atm is still really good.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
all in all I still ended up enjoying this. Sure they skipped a bunch of relevant stuff and as a Nene fan I do not approve but I still had fun. They got the mood of show down right and the Shiraishi x Yamada stuff was cute. If you haven't read the manga yet, you should. Very enjoyable and its a lot better than the show.
zunderdog24 said:
What happened?
she didnt want to go?

Yamazaki's right hand
ex-witch......
Jun 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
Zeally said:
Enjoyable, but the pacing was absolutely horrid, which became really apparent with the middle part of the series up to the end. You can easily tell many things were skipped from the source. It was really hard to ignore. Was the confession really in the manga as well? Didn't think it would come so soon since the manga is still on going? I'll probably jump into the manga now

6/10

It does happened. Chapter 90. But there's a good build up to that. Also it's still ongoing because there's a love rival (Nene) that was completely almost omitted for Shiraishi and Yamada moments.

Jun 28, 2015 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
It actually wasn't bad for an ending I guess... for very rushed series at least. I still can say I enjoyed watching this. And as anime-only viewer I can say the pacing wasn't ideal because they didn't explain many things but they got those important parts over and in the end it kinda worked. If they made this anime to peak people's curiosity about manga, they were successful.

But was this anime original end? Does manga finish this way or is it still ongoing?
I may actually pick it up for reading if it's any different.

6/10

Edit: And Hayami Saori (Shiraishi) impersonationg HanaKana (and likewise) was great bonus.
Mich666Jun 28, 2015 12:06 PM
Jun 28, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2015
Well... that was a trainwreck. Now I'll label Linden as trainwreck company. They omitted all important things, explanations, and flashback.

But who cares about this stupid Linden adaptation when the manga have Nene's ship sailing. All aboard S.S. Nene.

Seriously though. This is bad. Not even a harem anime. Not even a season 2 hint. It all just ends there. I want to see that sweet Nene moments in chapter 120 ish.
Jun 28, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
Might be a bad adaptation but as I said in the UBW and DxD threads this season, adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists

THIS! Like holy fuck the truest thing I've ever read about this website.

Despite this being a rushed as hell adaptation, it didn't do too bad of a job. 7/10. The only REAL problem I found was the characterization since some characters didn't get enough screen time. There aren't any major plot holes and the comedy was still pretty solid. Not to mention the animation and sound were pretty good too.

A majority of AO's seemed to like it and as Tokoya said, you shouldn't expect a carbon copy of the manga regardless of the amount of episodes. I can guarantee that even if it was 24 episodes it would still have complaints (even though it would have been so much better that way).

Though next time a studio wants to adapt an 100+ chapter manga (yamada-kun,tokyo ghoul), it would really be better overall to give it the amount of anime cours it actually needs.
BurtCadJun 28, 2015 12:04 PM
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jun 28, 2015 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
DarkingDawning said:
Not even a season 2 hint. It all just ends there.

Hey, I actually like they end it here. It felt like nice fullstop and it was very refreshing in comparison with majority of other series of late that don't even bother to conclude anything and always end open-ended.

Like it or not, anime is different medium than manga and what works in one doesn't work in other.
It was actually great to have decent conclusion in era of "to be continued" titles.
Jun 28, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
SansrivaaL said:
zunderdog24 said:
What happened?
she didnt want to go?

Yamazaki's right hand
ex-witch......

MasterDetective said:

aww, thats so sad. RIP the Asuka I will never know.