Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2015 5:01 PM

Sep 2014
really need part 4 adap now ;_;
Aug 5, 2015 7:50 AM
Jun 2014
I was expecting the narrator to summarise the journey again with the first intro theme of season 1

One question though, why does the black guy always have to die first!?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Aug 19, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2012
This! This is JoJo. Such a great story =D
Aug 21, 2015 5:46 AM

Dec 2008
The fight between Jotaro and Dio was intense, didin't expect for Joseph to pull through but it was a nice surprise.

I still think the first part of Jojo's adventure was much better, I never got used to the stand mecanisim even though the main characters were great.
In my opinion Joseph's story was the best.
Aug 24, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
melchor2679 said:
The fight between Jotaro and Dio was intense, didin't expect for Joseph to pull through but it was a nice surprise.

I still think the first part of Jojo's adventure was much better, I never got used to the stand mecanisim even though the main characters were great.
In my opinion Joseph's story was the best.

But Joseph's story is the second part. This is the third :P
Aug 27, 2015 7:28 AM

Dec 2008
A masterpiece!! Looking forward to the continuation of this series. There's definitely enough material for them to work with.
Aug 31, 2015 8:50 PM

Apr 2014
Rose-of-Verswag said:
Champloo_Remix said:

Part 2 fully acknowledges that it uses assupulls and uses it as a character trademark for Joseph. It embraces its goofiness and asspulls to further enrich itself. Part 3 tries to be relatively serious about its events, pulls heavier asspulls imo and fully expects the viewer to just accept that it's supposed to make sense.

yup yup Champloo_Remix nailed it
I should have elaborated more but I was kinda angry since I'd just finished lol

remember when Jotaro learned how to stop time in the battle with Dio...yeah that was a thing

Yes. I do remember that.

It wasn't any bigger of an asspull than most of the things that happened in Battle Tendency.

At least we have an explanation as to why he has this power.

There's even a pretty legit fan theory as to why Dio has the same power he does.

Sep 19, 2015 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Yep, just can't really take that fight seriously. Though that's what happens when you give a villain an OP power, just gonna end up losing to bs.

Also found Joseph getting revived pretty ridiculous. As much as I love the fella (favorite Jojo so far) how the hell do you think it's a good idea to take blood from Dio's body in order to revive him? Just seemed like a pretty stupid decision that for some miraculous reason didn't backfire. Polnareff did tell Joseph during their farewell that he hopes he lives forever so that would be a cool sneaky hint that the blood from Dio's body might have affected him in some way or another but I doubt it.

Overall SC is my least favorite part of the Jojo series so far. Definitely picked up in the second season but the finale was a big letdown for me. Also didn't find Jotaro very interesting. Just felt like they tried a bit too hard to make him look like a cool hoodlum with a few lines here and there rather than focusing on fleshing out his character more. Probably didn't help him that it was a group focus in SC unlike the previous Jojos were it was mainly the MC who got all the focus. That and Joseph is also in SC :P
Oct 23, 2015 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
Avenger-senpai said:
Yep, just can't really take that fight seriously. Though that's what happens when you give a villain an OP power, just gonna end up losing to bs.

Also found Joseph getting revived pretty ridiculous. As much as I love the fella (favorite Jojo so far) how the hell do you think it's a good idea to take blood from Dio's body in order to revive him? Just seemed like a pretty stupid decision that for some miraculous reason didn't backfire. Polnareff did tell Joseph during their farewell that he hopes he lives forever so that would be a cool sneaky hint that the blood from Dio's body might have affected him in some way or another but I doubt it.

Overall SC is my least favorite part of the Jojo series so far. Definitely picked up in the second season but the finale was a big letdown for me. Also didn't find Jotaro very interesting. Just felt like they tried a bit too hard to make him look like a cool hoodlum with a few lines here and there rather than focusing on fleshing out his character more. Probably didn't help him that it was a group focus in SC unlike the previous Jojos were it was mainly the MC who got all the focus. That and Joseph is also in SC :P

It's a good idea because Dio needs to pump vampire essence into someone to make them into a vampire.

Nov 25, 2015 3:28 PM

May 2014
I liked Stardust Crusaders alot but I think part 2 was better, Joseph's story felt more like a story I guess and Jotaro was too much of a silent strong type for me to relate to. The music was good especially near the end but you can't beat Roundabout no matter what you try.
The ending was fun but a bit far-fetched with returning Joseph to life like that, also Avdols and Iggy's death felt a bit rushed sadly. I hope part 4 will be able to correct the mistakes part 3 had and work with what made part 2 so good.
I've been here way too long...
Nov 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
TheConquerer said:
I liked Stardust Crusaders alot but I think part 2 was better, Joseph's story felt more like a story I guess and Jotaro was too much of a silent strong type for me to relate to. The music was good especially near the end but you can't beat Roundabout no matter what you try.
The ending was fun but a bit far-fetched with returning Joseph to life like that, also Avdols and Iggy's death felt a bit rushed sadly. I hope part 4 will be able to correct the mistakes part 3 had and work with what made part 2 so good.

What mistakes are you referring to?

If your talking about the Monster of the Week format, then I'm sorry, but that's in every Jojo's Part from now on.

Dec 1, 2015 8:58 PM

Nov 2010
Great job with the ending, too bad we lost some characters.

Still, loved the whole anime.

8/10
Dec 5, 2015 2:06 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
9/10. I prefer Battle Tendency better than Stardust Crusaders, but I guess I'll be looking forward to more Jojo.

Dec 11, 2015 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

What an amazing journey. I'm sad it's over & knowing half of the gang is dead makes it even worse. I liked each one of them & Old Joseph > BT Joseph by far.
Although some minor villains were boring & their stands were meh it was worth. Dio lived up to the hype, he was phenomenal. I'm gonna miss him when reading later parts, rest in peace.
I'm a JoJo fan for sure now, can't wait to see part 4 animated but I'm gonna read it in the meantime. 9/10
Dec 14, 2015 11:45 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit, Josesph.

And I'm crying. It was an amazing journey indeed.
Dec 28, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2012
this literally best end ep anime for me. what a great anime 9/10

Jan 2, 2016 9:28 PM

Aug 2015
Not quite my tempo.
Jan 14, 2016 4:08 PM
Jun 2014
Well, this series was generally crap. I liked the last part and i loved the characters. The story and the stand thing were absolute garbage. Here we have these bulky men and they don't even fight by themselves. Pretty shit if you ask me.
Feb 5, 2016 12:19 AM
Jul 2015
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
Utterly disappointing

Stardust Crusaders is complete shit compared to the other two parts

monster of the week format wtf, Stand? Ripple was so much more clever, now we have "stands" that came out of nothing while ripple was something more logic

Last fight was shit too, like, what the fuck did Jotaro do? He stopped time too? How?

There was practically no plot is this part, just fillers

And I heard the next parts are stands too

Shit, I liked so much the 2012 anime

The only good things about this part were some 2 or 3 really good and well thought fights

My thoughts exactly. I love the first season of jojo so i was looking forward for stardust crusaders but i was utterly disappointed. Im gonna stay away from the next jojo adaptations.
Feb 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
Stormen said:
Well, this series was generally crap. I liked the last part and i loved the characters. The story and the stand thing were absolute garbage. Here we have these bulky men and they don't even fight by themselves. Pretty shit if you ask me.

Yeah, because screw creative fights, right?

/sarcasm.

Feb 11, 2016 8:03 AM

Apr 2014
iVanz said:
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
Utterly disappointing

monster of the week format wtf, Stand? Ripple was so much more clever, now we have "stands" that came out of nothing while ripple was something more logic

Last fight was shit too, like, what the fuck did Jotaro do? He stopped time too? How?

The only good things about this part were some 2 or 3 really good and well thought fights

My thoughts exactly. I love the first season of jojo so i was looking forward for stardust crusaders but i was utterly disappointed. Im gonna stay away from the next jojo adaptations.

Part 4 is way better than Part 3, though.

Also, no, the Ripple isn't logical. At all.

Jotaro stopped time because that's Star Platinums stand power. Stand powers aren't unique.

The plot really isn't any different from Parts 1 and 2.

Feb 11, 2016 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
Utterly disappointing

I refer you to the post just before this one.

Feb 21, 2016 5:58 PM
Aug 2013
ZA WARUDO! man that opening + FX was dope.

What a fun ride, going to miss this gang sooo much, really heartbreaking about the ones who died :'(

Part 1 was good but this one was even better! 9/10 amazing anime.
Feb 22, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Dragonage2ftw said:
iVanz said:

Jotaro stopped time because that's Star Platinums stand power. Stand powers aren't unique.

The Ripple is more logic than Stands, they're the power of waves from one's body or some shit

Jotaro stopping time was too convenient, almost childish, disgusting Deus Ex Machina

wtf? Parts 1 and 2 were linear stories with recurring characters
Feb 23, 2016 4:58 PM
Sep 2006
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

The Ripple is more logic than Stands, they're the power of waves from one's body or some shit

Jotaro stopping time was too convenient, almost childish, disgusting Deus Ex Machina

The series is called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Part 3 fits the Bizarre Adventure part a lot more than 1 and 2 did. Plus, Araki has stated that he ran out of ideas with the Ripple, and by the end of Part 2 it was pretty much a "whatever I want it to be" power. Part 3 is where the series finds its footing and becomes what it's actually known for.

Also complaining about something in Part 3 being too convenient, haha. Part 1 and 2 pretty much lived on things being convenient or out-of-nowhere.
Feb 23, 2016 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
rubberluffy said:
EuTenhoBomGosto said:

The series is called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Part 3 fits the Bizarre Adventure part a lot more than 1 and 2 did. Plus, Araki has stated that he ran out of ideas with the Ripple, and by the end of Part 2 it was pretty much a "whatever I want it to be" power. Part 3 is where the series finds its footing and becomes what it's actually known for.

Also complaining about something in Part 3 being too convenient, haha. Part 1 and 2 pretty much lived on things being convenient or out-of-nowhere.

How did part 1 and 2 have any Deus Ex Machina? The fucking MAIN CHARACTER DIED, fucking main characters died all the way through the series, in part 3 what happens? Main character takes a bullet in the fucking head and survives rofl

Jojo' BIZARRE Adventure? Part 1 and 2 were pretty bizarre if you ask me, being bizarre doesn't justify being bad
Feb 24, 2016 6:45 AM

Apr 2014
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
rubberluffy said:

How did part 1 and 2 have any Deus Ex Machina? The fucking MAIN CHARACTER DIED, fucking main characters died all the way through the series, in part 3 what happens? Main character takes a bullet in the fucking head and survives rofl

Jojo' BIZARRE Adventure? Part 1 and 2 were pretty bizarre if you ask me, being bizarre doesn't justify being bad

1. Hol Horses gun doesn't have the same properties as a regular gun. If you're talking about when Dio shot him, then you clearly weren't paying attention. Star Platinum stopped the bullet from entering Jotaro's head.
2. Are you seriously going to make me explain how 90% of the fights in Part 2 made no sense if you applied any form of logic to them?
3. Are you seriously going to make me explain how Kars' loss was a Deus Ex Machina?
4. More main characters died in Part 3 than they did in Parts 1 and 2.
Dragonage2ftwFeb 24, 2016 7:05 AM

Feb 28, 2016 3:20 AM

Nov 2011
FUCKING GOD OPENING

JESUS CHRIST
Mar 2, 2016 4:22 AM
Jun 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Stormen said:

/sarcasm.

Since when does creative mean good? That's news to me
Mar 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2014
Stormen said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

/sarcasm.

Because having creative fights means that the fights won't get boring and stale.

Mar 2, 2016 6:33 AM
Jun 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Stormen said:

Because having creative fights means that the fights won't get boring and stale.

Not having a new fight every single episode is a good start, coupled with different fighting styles for each person.
Mar 2, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
Stormen said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Not having a new fight every single episode is a good start, coupled with different fighting styles for each person.

Okay?

That doesn't change the fact that the fights from this point on will blow the fights in Parts 1 and 2 out of the water.

Mar 2, 2016 9:46 PM

May 2012
Fucking amazing lol, many manly tears were shed
Mar 7, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2016
Amazing adventure. I have a big urge to rewatch it again.

10/10
Mar 17, 2016 10:26 PM

Jan 2016
ohh i just finished! it was great! great ending.
Mar 18, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
ora ora ora ora! i forgot to say: Dio best girl! :D
Mar 21, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
That was an amazing ride. I'm glad that Polnareff survived and the old Joestar. Now I'm ready for part 4.
Mar 22, 2016 3:26 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Epic conclusion! That fight was outstanding!!! Also, the ending was emotional ;_;. Joseph still trolling XD

5/5
Mar 23, 2016 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, with obviously the road roller being the standout part.

Akanezora said:
Ventose said:
Part 6 is the worst Jojo By Far

My favorite Jojo, definitely.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 31, 2016 5:46 PM

Jul 2010
I'm just not feeling the JoJo anime as much as when reading the manga, don't get me wrong I think it's decent/good but in the top 100? not really, thought the pacing in the anime was horrible compared to the manga and even this last fight with Dio felt more epic there. Hope I will enjoy the anime adaptation of Part 4 more than this.
Apr 1, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2016
Wow it was a long and wild journey. I like Battle Tendency better, but for a battle anime, this second part of Stardust Crusaders is really awesome.
Apr 17, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2010
Did Joseph actually go and survive this? This is the only reason I'm not downvoting SC to oblivion. Seriously, man, and you even went and acted as Dio, you really were asking for your death, haha. Probably one of the best things about this whole arc.

1. Characters: 1 | Quite honestly Joseph is the main reason I'm giving this more than 0.5, although his age made me feel so nostalgic, he really is the same guy from S1.
2. Atmosphere: +1 | It was pretty well done although I didn't really like the setting for most of the action. You can say the fact I hate the sand scenery they spent so much time in actually means it was pretty well done.
3. OST: +0.5 | The OP in both cours was not to mu taste(the 2nd one bordering cringeworthyness), but the 2nd ED was ever so good, and there were one or two really good themes that played in the background.
4. Animation: +1 | Nothing off about this one, the quality was good enough and it never really dropped noticeably.
5. Background story: +0.5 | As in the minimum background we got to some characters past and the happenings in S1? I guess it was ok.
6. Storyline: +0.5 | The storyline was there for sure, but the endless Stand fights made it last for far too long. You could easily cut the length in 1/3rd and still get as much out of it. I guess that if it served for something good, it was the bonding between the characters.
7. Ending: 1 | Joseph's survival pretty much makes up for a perfect ending for me. I hope, I hope Dio is done for once and for all, I really wouldn't stand another arc focused on his despicable character, I can hardly withstand the idea he dragged us through so much trouble at all.
8. Drama: +0.5 | The deaths of Abdul, Iggy and Kakyouin are not to be forgotten.
9. Overall affect: +1 | It was a great adventure in the end, but the MOTW became tiresome at at some point. I was annoyed with the Joseph disservice for most of the time as well. The only reason I can look back with positive feeling is the conclusion of the story. But seriously, it ain't half bad when I do it.

Overall score: 7/10.
Apr 17, 2016 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
Manliness and GAR at its finest. Even though the second season was episodic this one did a much better job with a good conclusion. Looking forward to the 4th season.
Apr 30, 2016 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
And that was the end. After a 100 year battle with Dio and Vampires, it is finally over. Glad Joseph lived.

May Jonathan rest in peace now.

Really? One punch to the leg and SSJ2 DIO dies? If life were that easy. :D

lol at the Al Yankovic reference.

I'll miss Mariah and that beautiful woman who took care of Polnareff.
RobMay 1, 2016 12:33 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 20, 2016 9:38 AM

Feb 2013
Amazing!
Jotaro won the fight!
Joseph is alive too and he's probably the only one who would make a joke like that,lol, he was almost killed again.
Polnareff went back to France, I really hope that wasn't the last time we saw him.
Everything ended, the journey was epic, they lost good friends like Avdol,Kakyoin and Iggy but they aren't going to feel bad about it because they achieved the goal!
Jun 4, 2016 8:36 PM

May 2011
Epic journey with lots of feels and manliness. That's how I'd describe Stardust. Hopefully the next part is as good.
Jun 16, 2016 6:08 PM

Jan 2016
ORA ORA ORA ORA

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

Oh no! Oh my God! Holy Shit!

Not the greatest show but there were so many good moments.
Jul 5, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2015
who voted hate might be Dio fans
Jul 27, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
Dio looked dumb as hell when he transformed.

Still going to miss this part a lot. Definitely had the best cast overall out of the 3 parts I've seen so far. It never got repetitive to me, not in the slightest.

The jokes and the references that the western audience can relate too definitely prolonged it, as well as the characters and how they were able to deal with their problems in certain situations,whether through sheer wit, or with some extra brute force. The end results were always predictable, but that didn't matter to me, I just wanted to see everyone live, even though they didn't.

But I'd still have to say part 2 was still the best imo with Joseph still being my favorite Jojo although Jotaro quickly became one of my favorites as well.

I'm ready for part 4.
Jul 29, 2016 3:09 PM
Dec 2014
Well shit I'm through. Fucking loved this series. Hope the next season is as good.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

132 by fgowy »»
Apr 17, 4:02 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.