Forum Settings
Forums

Could there be some option to leave comments on reviews?

New
Jun 14, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2011
It's kind of frustrating if I'm getting a lot of 'unhelpful' and have no idea why...
Jun 14, 2015 5:43 PM

Jan 2009
dont worry about it, i never seen a popular review on MAL that receives more helpful votes anyway
Jun 14, 2015 6:14 PM

Mar 2013
Wouldn't that be misused though? People wouldn't tell you why your review is bad but instead comment stuff like HOW DARE YOU HATE FAIRY TAIL ITS BEST ANIME EVER SCREW YOU YOU HAVE BAD TASTE TROLL.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jun 14, 2015 6:20 PM

Nov 2014
j0x said:
dont worry about it, i never seen a popular review on MAL that receives more helpful votes anyway
http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction/reviews

Jun 14, 2015 8:54 PM

Jan 2009
ExTamplier said:
j0x said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction/reviews

lol
Jun 15, 2015 9:46 AM

May 2011
So, I guess sarcastic reviews work better? I tried to describe Mushishi how I felt it and somehow most people don't agree... or they don't think it fits the standard MAL review for some reason... descriptions are subjective, though.
Jun 15, 2015 10:05 AM
Mar 2015
Seyfert said:
It's kind of frustrating if I'm getting a lot of 'unhelpful' and have no idea why...

There is only one thing you should think about.
Jun 15, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
You want feedback on why people may be downrating the review?

- Don't use so many ellipses.
- Don't talk about the second season when reviewing the first.
- The last two paragraphs don't make sense. Especially the last one - the penultimate one I think I get what you're trying to say (perhaps it's just a lack of proof-reading?) but the last one doesn't mean anything to me.

Back on topic, I agree that it would be nice to have some way of giving review feedback if (and only if) the reviewer wants it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 15, 2015 11:12 AM

May 2011
Okay, so I removed the mention of the second season... but, I love ellipses. :-P It's just style... it's ridiculous that someone could come up with a structured guideline for reviews too... most sites just don't want spoilers included, but beyond that I don't see how everyone's reviews could be cookie-cut...

With regards to the last point, what's confusing exactly? The last one in my mention of the movie? I just wanted to say that I want to watch it, as it's not internationally available yet... what's confusing about my wording?
Jun 15, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
Seyfert said:
'

I just voted all your reviews "Not Helpful" because i can.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
No thank you. This will cause debates and arguments because it's like having a thread opened.
Jun 16, 2015 1:47 AM

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
No thank you. This will cause debates and arguments because it's like having a thread opened.

Pretty much.

It will be just like the forums. Reviews don't need all that. It's just an opinion.
Jun 18, 2015 5:18 AM

May 2011
Well, it's an opinion, but opinions shouldn't be affected (in terms of the priority in which the system lists reviews, I assume) by blatant idiots like Makeyzito...
Jun 19, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
Seyfert said:
Well, it's an opinion, but opinions shouldn't be affected (in terms of the priority in which the system lists reviews, I assume) by blatant idiots like Makeyzito...

(On topic; this have been suggested god knows how many times, use the search function next time)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2015 9:24 PM

Jun 2014
Bad idea because it'd only create arguments and nearly every review would be derailed by biased haters or fanboys. It sounds good on paper, but fails when put in action.
Jul 2, 2015 7:46 AM
Mar 2015
The reviewer can always remove comments or block keywords or block users, like the rants and stuff.
I just feel like discussing some aspects of the anime with the reviewer. For eg someone said Fate/Stay night is a follow up to Fate/Zero, and reviewed it that way, but actually FZ is a prequel released after FSN came out... And the original author of FSN intended it to be a boy girl kinda story.
Jul 2, 2015 8:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You can always comment on the reviewer's profile comments you know... that's what people normally do :s
Jul 2, 2015 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
Your reviews are way too short. They don't really give an idea of what to expect. They feel more of a general comment on the show.
Jul 2, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
EvenJellyOn said:
Wouldn't that be misused though? People wouldn't tell you why your review is bad but instead comment stuff like HOW DARE YOU HATE FAIRY TAIL ITS BEST ANIME EVER SCREW YOU YOU HAVE BAD TASTE TROLL.

Honestly, that would make me feel better, because then I'd know that their vote doesn't matter and that they're just a whiny fucktard.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 10, 2015 8:21 AM

May 2011
And what's just wrong, as I pointed out on Wolf's Rain's forums, is that people simply downvote just because they disagree with the sentiment of the anime. Some of those reviews with the most lowly opinion of it were highly rated, while mine wasn't, in all probability just because I pointed out the obvious plot details that make it an interesting anime. People are just weird. If they don't think something is 'not helpful' they should say what on Earth is not helpful! (It's not my fault they missed all those details, or whatever they might have missed that made them think it's just superficial... the irony, when people just vote 'secretly'.)

Literally, I got 0 feedback on my Wolf's Rain review, yet tens of 'not helpful' votes. What uselessness. What's not helpful is these empty and infantile votes.

What's hilarious is that a couple even downvoted my *only* Dendoh review. It's literally the only review there. Do they expect it to just hide beyond the main page or something? This system could surely be improved...
SeyfertJul 10, 2015 8:47 AM
Jul 10, 2015 9:11 AM

Nov 2014
Seyfert said:
Literally, I got 0 feedback on my Wolf's Rain review, yet tens of 'not helpful' votes. What uselessness. What's not helpful is these empty and infantile votes.

The reason why that review get many downvotes is mainly case you give it 10.
Those who know the anime and disagree with you don't even read your review and give unhelpful.

Secondly if they read it they don't get any knowledge from it. Your review is all over the places and I don't know what are you talking about. It's like you write your review to those who already saw the anime and thats not helpful.

Don't compare your review to others that way how many unhelpful it get. If you would submit the old top reviews now, it wouldn't get as many positive feedback as back then, because the community is too different now.

And don't think anybody will improve the system. Many ppl request this for years now but still nothing.
DelenaiJul 10, 2015 10:49 AM
Jul 10, 2015 11:15 AM

May 2011
I gave it a score and my rationale with it. It's not like I didn't try to explain myself. But, sure, I did indicate that it's an analysis of the aftermath... I was merely trying to explain my point of view.
Jul 10, 2015 12:25 PM
Mar 2015
Well you can click "helpful" on your own reviews if you're that frustrated seeing the "unhelpful" go up.

HaXXspetten said:
You can always comment on the reviewer's profile comments you know... that's what people normally do :s
Jul 11, 2015 7:45 AM

May 2011
And... even more downvoted my Dendoh review ever since I mentioned it. Are people stupid or what? It's the only review there. What do they expect it to do, vanish?
Jul 11, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2014
For crying out loud stop this. You created this thred to complain about your review?
If they don't find it helpful then don't expect them to give you upvote even if that is the only review there.
And 4/8 is not even bad. Or what did you thought? It will be the first review that don't get any unhelpful?
Jul 11, 2015 8:07 AM

Feb 2015
No, seriously I think it is indeed a good idea than most praise about review stuff.
Jul 11, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2011
Delenai, I complain about the system... this isn't about me or my reviews... just generally, the concept of voting without providing an explanation is absurd (I do practice what I preach - recently I downvoted one of Archaeon's reviews, but I actually told him why and we engaged in a discussion...)
SeyfertJul 11, 2015 8:47 AM
Jul 11, 2015 8:48 AM
Mar 2015
Even archaeon got down vote as many as upvote
Jul 11, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
Seyfert said:
recently I downvoted one of Archaeon's reviews, but I actually told him why and we engaged in a discussion

Personally I don't like Archaeon's reviews. His reviews are really detailed its true, but they are too detailed and too long. In my opinion the reviews should be somewhat short or medium long, meaningful and straightforward. It's really hard to make this kind of reviews, but there are a few like this.
Jul 11, 2015 10:27 PM

Jul 2014
Makeyzito said:
Seyfert said:

(On topic; this have been suggested god knows how many times, use the search function next time)
Makeyzito said:
Seyfert said:
'

I just voted all your reviews "Not Helpful" because i can.

More topics from this board

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

16 by Piiyuuush »»
2 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.