Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion

Jul 9, 2015 9:29 AM

I highly enjoyed this episode, especially that walk up the mountain and such. Love the interactions between those two.

Seriously enjoying this series.

Oct 3, 2015 3:01 AM

Just.. no.

I don't know if I am the only one who feel this way, but it feels like the writer doesn't know what else to write and decided to take a step back and go whole romance on us. Goto and the other girl (don't even know who she is, all 'em look-alike kyoani characters) have been together this whole time? Really? Come on.

Teasing us with Oumae and Kousaka? Nah it totally felt intended, which doesn't please me at all. I like my yuri, but not like this. Tsukamoto suddenly have feelings for Oumae? It's not confirmed yet, but that came out of the left field. Yes, we've seen him approach her a few times, but there was never any hints of him being romantically interested in her. But I guess, to the Japanese, you can't be kind without being in love with someone.

The whole episode just felt very forced and cringy. I hope it gets back on track, and even then, my impression on this series has turned sour, don't know if the last few episodes could mend it back for me. :/
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Oct 29, 2015 11:44 PM

Ah yeah nothing but problems xD

Lol Reina, it was misunderstanding but she's looking forward for it.. I guess?
Sorry guys it's ReinaxKumiko for sure xD

Audition time, the next piece begins!
"Signature removed"

Dec 16, 2015 4:07 PM
I fucking loved Kousaka's Yuri side :D

Dec 19, 2015 7:38 PM

>Hazuki getting cucked by a girl that's caught up in a yuri ship
No

Jan 12, 2016 6:46 PM

My heart hurts but it's a not-so-bad kind of hurt. I'm tearing up... This episode was one of the most sensible things I've ever seen in my life (right along Tamako Market episode 9, and perhaps Tamako Love Story). So beautiful. I could give 10/10 for this alone. I'm surprised that (some?) people here seem to have disliked it... huh :o
Modified by ak47, Jan 12, 2016 6:52 PM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)

Jan 15, 2016 3:52 AM

i think this series might be missing a couple of tags...

Mar 8, 2016 8:02 PM

Nanka eroi 。◕‿◕。

Everything was so adorable about this episode. While I seriously doubt there is going to be any shoujo-ai in this series, bond between Reina and Kumiko is definite. I wonder where they are going with it?

Also, the city scene kinda reminded me of one CG from Rewrite:

Loved it.

Apr 6, 2016 3:18 PM
oreomonogatari

Kousaka is best girl

Jun 22, 2016 11:52 AM
The Kousaka/Kumiko scene from this episode and that red string of fate section of the ending song can only mean one thing... yuri.
You totally can't blame the fans for reading too much into their relationship in this show, it seems completely deliberate on KyotoAni's part.
I just hope that they don't back out of it by using Shinichi as an actual love interest for Kumiko...
uranus and neptune are my life.

Jul 25, 2016 11:25 AM

That was breathtakingly beautiful and gay. I'm so happy I got to see this, I've seen a lot of animays but this one episode was absolutely special for me and I will never forget the feeling I watched it with.

Also, poor Hazuki. She is a great girl. She looks cutier without her flower clip.
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .

Jul 25, 2016 11:29 AM

bastek66 said:
_kukiyomenai said:
awww I feel bad for hazuki huhu I'm in love with this series the sceneries are so beautiful! especially the part where hazuki got a side view angle while sitting with shuichi, the way her eyelashes moved when she blinked so detailed!

No need to worry, she and her short time crush are irrelevant .

Then what is relevant in this world at all? With that attitude what's the point of watching anything ever?
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .

Aug 11, 2016 10:42 AM
Yuri flowers are blooming are absolutely beautifully! Please let this ship be the one that sails into the slowly setting sun, carrying the sound of Euphonium along with it as the stars come out and the moon shows it's glowing gaze down upon the sea upon which the two girls bask in their warm love for one another....

Aug 14, 2016 10:52 PM

-Weird, they didn't do a recap segment before the OP. All the better for me, though, since last episode was easily my least favorite.
-Suddenly I'm not getting a good feeling about continuing this show, and the last episode certainly didn't help. At least they're doing new developments in this episode.
-These episodes seem pretty empty as of late
-Kumiko jumped out of the frying pan and straight onto the floor
-Kohaku is adorable and at first I thought Green sapphire was kneeling and tugging on Hazuki's sweater
-Did I skip an episode somewhere? What shrine is Reina talking about? Was it the one by their middle school?
-Am I even watching the same show anymore? Did Kumiko always have a sadism fetish?
-Alright, Hazuki's explanation of the tuba's role was pretty great, and that wasn't the reaction I thought she'd have to the rejection
-I... have no idea what Reina was saying or what prompted her to reveal those things on the last leg of the mountain climb
-Kumiko didn't strike me as a bad person, just tactless and absentminded
-Yeah there's the reaction I expected from Hazuki, but Green sapphire and micro Green sapphire consoling her was pretty heartwarming

The last scene of Reina and Kumiko walking up the mountain were pretty confusing to me when I first watched through the episode. After I watched it again to try to make sense of it, I realized that the act of climbing the mountain itself was supposed to be a sign that Reina preferred to do things outside of the norm. Doing it in heels and a nightgown was another detail that fell in line with her goals as revealed at their destination, which made the whole thing make a little more sense. Even then I'm not entirely sure I understood the second half of this episode.

Anyway while the last episode made the show lose a lot of the magic that I thought it had, this episode makes me skeptical of the rest of the series, mostly because of the love triangle.

also after reading through the rest of this topic it looks like the mountain hike was just fanservice which made me understand it even less
Modified by ThreePercent, Aug 15, 2016 10:32 AM

Aug 16, 2016 1:03 PM
OMG. I loved this ep!! It made me love Kousaka a lil more<3

Oct 1, 2016 5:11 PM

The Yuri was strong here, made the ship level go trough the roof !
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Nov 4, 2016 3:51 PM

Holy shit, I didn't think this series could get any worse. I was wrong.
With that freakish confession they managed to completely ruin the only decent character in the series...
Haven't cringed so much in a long time.

Nov 22, 2016 2:23 PM

Ugh....too much drama!

But I'm liking the Yuri vibes.

MOAR YURI PLZ!

Dec 4, 2016 2:34 AM
llcruz said:
The scenes with Kousaka were so incredibly good. I'm just out of words to describe them. I guess I will just replay those scenes 10 more times. Kousaka is perfect. 10/10, she makes the show for me, especially when she is with Kumiko, that's when she truly shines.

And that confession was so out of nowhere... wasn't expecting it to happen so fast. It was obvious she would get rejected but I guess it was a nice try.

I've always thought your gif was of dazai from bungou stray dogs until I watched this episode 😂

Dec 8, 2016 8:47 AM

Beautiful espisode, with a ends subrashii!!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Dec 13, 2016 2:11 PM

what the FUCK did they mean with this episode

Dec 13, 2016 11:51 PM
God of the Realm

I really enjoyed this episode it relates to me soo much, shuichi not trying to hurt katou's feelings but at the same time tries to address how he adores someone else, Ive had that problem many times in high school its tough ha also kousaka(bae) with trying to find others who can relate and understand her than just anyone.
Facta Non Verba

Dec 22, 2016 12:45 PM

frequency15k said:
the shift in uniforms randomly was kinda weird, but overall another great episode

This is a very late reply, so I apologize for that. But their uniforms are different because in Japan, they have seasonal uniforms; different uniforms for the seasons Summer and Winter. As of this episode, they were in their Summer uniforms.

Jan 4, 2017 2:15 PM

I think black haired girl's words were weird. Main character doesn't feel (at all) like the kind of person who wears a "mask". Or is "mean" (I don't know how it was translated to English, but I guess you get what I'm saying). At best, it seems like she is a sad person... but not a bad one. She has a good heart, but can't handle her feelings that happened in the past. But it doesn't mean her happiness around her friends is fake or anything; it actually just shows she might be overcoming her old misery with this new start.

Feb 7, 2017 5:20 PM
This episode was just absolutely beautiful. I literally had chills watching it.

Why is it that anime about music always seem to have the best visuals? They already have good audio as backup. This doesn't seem fair. But I guess that just makes it all the more better I guess.

By the way, poor Hazuki. I feel so bad for her mainly because she is probably my favourite character in the anime thus far. She's so freaking cute that's why. Oh well. Let's see what happens next. ^_^

Apr 20, 2017 5:26 PM

able to come up with a surface level read, but I'd love to read more interpretations.

The way I see it, Kumiko hates confrontation, and so she tries to keep her blunt observations to herself, which she often fails due to her hopelessly impulsive nature; she has an issue with being authentic.
Meanwhile Reina has a distaste for fitting in just for the sake of it, as she's afraid of falling into pretenses: she fears becoming a fake. She doesn't want friends, she wants one friend who really understands her.

And this is where the potential in their relationship comes from: with Reina, Kumiko doesn't have to be afraid to be herself, because Reina's favorite part about her is her bluntness. In return, Kumiko might just help Reina in indulging her spontaneous side more often, just as she did now. After all, it was Kumiko that Reina chose to bring along on her little hike on the hill, while everyone else was enjoying the festival downtown.

Their dynamic also promises equal partnership: Reina insists that they should take turns in carrying their instruments, as the euph is a lot heavier than the trumpet.

Of course, this amazing scene was only one part of the episode. Shuuichi does the right thing and rejects Hazuki, who reacts way too well, but later has a good cry on Midori's shoulders, which reassured me that she was gonna be okay. In the en

Edit: as VersoSciolto pointed it out to me, Reina indeed plays the trumpet, not the trombone. Oops.
Modified by LeeTailor, Apr 22, 2017 6:57 PM

May 13, 2017 5:55 AM

I clearly see what are you doing here KyoAni and you are not gonna get me through this.
That's just strong teasing fanservice and everybody will forget about all these events.

Jul 1, 2017 3:11 PM

Episode 8 I discovered I can't only have Midori-chan but her sister as well!

Feb 6, 2018 6:21 AM

Wonder if they're hinting at a Reina x Kumiko? Episode was really down to earth +much needed after what happened in ep7.
~

Apr 17, 2018 6:55 AM

That ED kinda calmed me in many ways
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I love Love Live,
And so should you.

Apr 19, 2018 7:41 AM

No, this isn't shoujo ai.

Still a great episode.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Sep 15, 2018 8:34 AM
Wow, this is the best episode so far, I can see how this show get its score now

And that dose of YURI IS PERFECT

Nov 26, 2018 2:36 PM

Magnific, simply magnific.
The emotion transmitted by monologues and dialogues is indescribable, it is a rejoicing experience.

Jan 14, 10:23 AM

Brilliant. Best episode so far.

Jan 29, 2:40 AM

what in the name of lesbian heaven happened in this episode holy shit
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]

Feb 23, 10:22 PM

This one focuses on the incoming town festival.
Of course Hazuki wanted to go with Shuichi and he ends up going with her after being rejected by Kumiko. There, Hazuki rather quickly confessed her feelings to him but he obviously likes Kumiko so he can’t return her feelings.

Kumiko ends up hanging out with Reina that night instead. The two hike up a mountain and play their instruments together, as well as go through some nice bonding. Those two seem to be getting pretty close.

Also, Kohaku is so dang adorable, I want 5 of her.

Jun 20, 5:24 PM

Gosh Katou was rejected. Finally Kumiko went to the festival with Kousaka

Jul 24, 2:03 AM

Guess the triangle was done in nicely
I'm all for the yuri ship tho

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Jul 26, 5:54 AM

Super episode!

Damn, that’s a lot of Yuri tease between Kousaka & Kumiko. I don’t think I’m completely on board with the Yuri side of things though but I certainly wouldn’t mind the story progressing that way, although it’s already clear that it won’t. Lol @ that “so when are we going for the festival” bit considering the circumstances was hilarious for some reason. Got to appreciate the scenery and some of the wonderful shots of Kousaka, in particular, during the whole final scene of the two at the mountain cliff though, it was simply gorgeous and breathtaking! A different ED showing the others was a really nice touch too!

On another note, seeing the heartbroken Hazuki was .. painful. Midori and Little Midori’s hug there was really sweet, in response. Little Midori really is Midori’s splitting image and Hazuki’s speechlessness was totally understandable. Goto-senpai’s “you’re cute ~” and that shy “thanks~” reply was seriously .. Great, lol. Anyway, I feel like Kumiko’s hidden feelings for Shoichin was fairly obvious this episode, I’m really curious to see how she’ll react to the rejection. Hopefully, her ‘bad personality’ won’t kick in and devastate Hazuki more so than already.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 6, 8:55 AM

I like Kousaka's definition of Kumiko's personality lol
They have a very unique friendship~

Kumiko's kinda a laid back male MC
And Kousaka, the mysterious pretty girl MC
the opposite works quite well too

Aug 19, 4:36 PM
:D

God damn. I don't think I've ever shipped any yuri ship this hard before LOL

Aug 24, 6:52 AM

llcruz said:
The scenes with Kousaka were so incredibly good. I'm just out of words to describe them. I guess I will just replay those scenes 10 more times. Kousaka is perfect. 10/10, she makes the show for me, especially when she is with Kumiko, that's when she truly shines.

And that confession was so out of nowhere... wasn't expecting it to happen so fast. It was obvious she would get rejected but I guess it was a nice try.
I literally repeated it more than 20 times.
"We are the fated broken pieces under the sky"
-Annelotte Kreutz-

Aug 24, 6:58 AM

Episode 8 is the episode which watched this anime for but later I was diverted in love with this series because if it's characters and everything.
"We are the fated broken pieces under the sky"
-Annelotte Kreutz-

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]