Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 25, 2015 4:03 AM

Oct 2014
seems like the next episode is gonna be interesting :o
May 25, 2015 4:33 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode. Farangis and Gieve joined the group. Meanwhile the battle against Kharlan's army, Kharlan died! Kharlan told that King Andragoras III is alive!

After the ending song we got very important informtion. Andragoras is in the Dungeons of Ecbatana captured by Hermes. Hermes is the son of Osroes, the previous king and Andragoras' nephew. Hermes said he is the rightful King of Pars but sixteen years ago Andragoras commited a great crime.

Of cource, 5/5!
May 25, 2015 5:47 AM

Jan 2011
The way Kharlan fell on his own spear seemed kinda comical.
May 25, 2015 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
That was a good episode. Was great seeing how Arslan's group routed the thousand strong army. And I knew the King was alive. Let's see what happens next.
May 25, 2015 9:43 AM
Jan 2015
farangies is created for men here, she is a monk right....
May 25, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2012
Kharlan is the man. People can say fuck the line of succession, but like, that's the only reason the main character has followers, otherwise he's just a random kid. I'm with Kharlan on this.
Jaywalker.
May 25, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
While I do agree Arslan has demonstrated some naive behaviour so far, I don't see why people think him asking for prayers for the dead is naive. That's called respect and kindness, not naivety. Naivety would be if he ordered all the traitors to be held prison/spared or something that could end in dire consequences. He did what had to be done.
May 25, 2015 8:35 PM

Jul 2009
Another amazing episode!!!

It seems Arslan's group just got two new recruits :)

Morale played a key role for victory here. It blows my mind how 6 people managed to soundly defeat an army of thousand.

Kharlan dies, but that's he's fault to begin with. Still doesn't explained why he defected to Lusitania.

When Farangis prayed for the dead souls, it kinda remind me of Yuna's summoning from Final Fantasy X.

Andragoras III is alive(as expected from the ED) and Silvermask finally reveals his trued identity to him. I wondered why Andragoras killed his brother. Is it just for power and Tahamenay?

Silvermask really looks like Relius from Blazblue and he reminds me of Char which incidentally the old Anime was voiced by Char himself :)

This is definitely getting good!! Can't wait for the next episode!
May 25, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2013
Jesus Farangis, now that's a monk
May 25, 2015 10:24 PM

Nov 2014
More Allies, YES! And all of them are interesting, I can't ask for better.
Decent episode showing a bit of strategy and a bit of action. Mind games are certainly the strength of Arslan's team.

The end was really catching, so the masked man is the king's nephew. I really want to know what happened in past. It is definitely very related to Karlan's betrayal. Maybe Karlan was loyal to the king's brother so he believes in the masked man being the true king.
May 26, 2015 12:29 AM

Dec 2010
I'm glad this show is starting to pick up the pace. The first few episodes were quite slow and it was like I was watching for a full hour. Now it felt like 10 minutes XD Also nice to see Falangies and Gieve join the party. Daryun's such a badass <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
The group is finally together. Falangis is cool, Gieve is hilarious. Hell everyone's pretty awesome in their own way. Happy to see some good action from everyone here.
May 26, 2015 6:12 AM

Oct 2006
Had to pause the video and...

May 26, 2015 5:07 PM

Dec 2010
So Kharlan was betrayed be the one thing he tried to use to support himself, his weapon. He used it as a brace but it ultimately collapsed and he died a traitors death. Though I'm interested in why he and his men betrayed Pars, there's got to be something to that. And I feel like he might not have been a bad a guy as he was made out to be. If he betrayed them because he wanted Hermes to become kind, than I could maybe understand it, but I don't think that's what was going through his mind at the time.

Kind of surprised they revealed the secret of Silver Mask so early. Now we just have to wait and see how that plays out.
May 27, 2015 1:31 AM

Nov 2011
Good ep, they've been on the run for a while, nice to have a clear cut objective, and that Nephew at the end seemed interesting. Found it weird that Falanghis who seems like a reclusive person would suddenly start talking about her life at the temple when we barely even know her.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 27, 2015 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Truly a remarkable episode, managed quite well both in the narrative and in the plot. Too bad that during the battle, because of the dark, a certain disorientation made unclear the dynamics of the conflict. In terms of story we are doing well, now should only improve the graphics. Soundtrack that has made a considerable contribution in the creation of pathos before, after and during the clash. Overall I liked the episode while the predictability of certain narrative cues; I hope you begin to delve into the past of the characters and that will give greater characterization.
May 27, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, and the way Kharlan died... sucks to have been him.

The King is still alive, but isn't the 'rightful' king in a sense. I'm looking forward to see what happened for him to have been crowned the King.

Arslan is really nice, which contrasts his father. I really like his personality, despite being dubbed 'naive' as he's not an but-hole like his father. He actually cares for the lives of others, despite their position to himself, whether it be friend or foe.

I have to sit through the amazing track of the opening by Uverworld every time, and the gorgeous art of the ending.

Overall, enjoying the series.
May 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
cyclone1993 said:
So Kharlan was betrayed be the one thing he tried to use to support himself, his weapon. He used it as a brace but it ultimately collapsed and he died a traitors death. Though I'm interested in why he and his men betrayed Pars, there's got to be something to that. And I feel like he might not have been a bad a guy as he was made out to be. If he betrayed them because he wanted Hermes to become kind, than I could maybe understand it, but I don't think that's what was going through his mind at the time.

Kind of surprised they revealed the secret of Silver Mask so early. Now we just have to wait and see how that plays out.

They pretty much explained it all in one episode here.
Kharlan betrayed Andragoras III because he sided with Hermes/Silver Mask. Hermes told Kharlan previously who he was and Kharlan believed that Andragoras used shady methods to usurp the throne from his now-dead brother, and drove Hermes away (a.k.a Tried to kill him off). His act of betrayal to "put the true ruler of Pars" on the throne was a just cause in his eyes.

Unfortunately....

That said, this episode flew by really quickly, mainly cause there really wasn't anything of importance that happened.... aside from the last 5 minutes.

Hope next episode lives up to the hype. Daryun versus Hermes!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 27, 2015 11:17 AM
Nov 2014
Really nice! The spear fight (or whatever those weapons are) was really nice IMO, was kinda slow (that's exactly what it's supposed to be), but felt really intense... And wait, the king isn't dead ??
💕 Monocision 💕 - Disqus
May 27, 2015 3:21 PM
Apr 2014
LOL wtf Kharlan actually died xD That was so ridiculously random.

Ah well Farangis seems like an awesome person though. The "fight" with Narsus was awesome even though they stopped after 2 swings
May 28, 2015 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
That was epic! Farangis and Gieve are amusing to watch and Narsus is amazing. I seriously didn’t expect Arslan to be skilled with a bow but it was awesome to see. I didn’t expect Kharlan to die like that either and it seemed like he thought of Arslan as his master for a second there. I knew that Silver Mask or Hermes was connected to the King somehow but I thought he’s his illegitimate son or whatever.

Anyhow next time looks epic!!!!
May 28, 2015 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
Is anyone else curious to know why Arslan was basically ignored by his parents?

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
May 29, 2015 12:11 AM

Oct 2014
what's the ost at the end? before ending.
May 29, 2015 10:10 AM

Nov 2014
Damn! I don't expect for Kharlan to died in this episode.. i always though that he will be one of important villain in this series since he betray his own country and something.. It's pretty fast IMO..

Well, Gieve and Falangies officially join Arslan's gang and i think both of them are important assets for the squad since both of them are pretty skilled..

Arslan is still too naive IMO, but i hope to see some development from him in the following story.. So in the next episode we already back to Ecbatana? Wonder who the mask man is since it seem's he will be revealed in the following episode..

Overall a great episode.. Can't wait too watchi it again next week..
5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

May 30, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
so is silver mask and arslan half brothers?
May 31, 2015 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
What a way to die Kharlan! Killed with his own spear! And now we won't know too soon why he betrayed the king.
Jun 1, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode.

I like Farangis.
What an exquisite lady!

And LOL at Gieve XD

Jun 2, 2015 1:50 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, I like the group that is forming. Sort of like Akatsuki no Yona.
Jun 2, 2015 10:47 AM

Nov 2010
The mindgames were brilliant which lead to the pass
Karhlan didn't seem to give enough information before passing away though
Jun 10, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2013
Narsus vs Kharlan in a battle of wits. Narsus wins.
Kharlan vs Daryun in a battle of strength. Daryun wins.

Since Farangis and Gieve joined Arslan's party, Daryun only has to fight fifty thousand soldiers.
Meanwhile, Hermes reveals he is the true King of Pars.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 14, 2015 12:52 AM

Jul 2008
Of course he dies before really giving any info out. Damn, oh well time to face Hermes.
Jun 27, 2015 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Nobody heard them clashing swords... but shhh, don't talk loud or they will hear us.

Karlan dying was not part of the plan... oh well.
Jul 4, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2014
Wonderful episode!
Those few minutes till the end, starting with Arslan's request, just great.
Probably my favorite episode till now.
Jul 8, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode. I liked how they outwitted enemy's army though it seems kinda easy. But I cringed when Arslan was mourning for Kharlan, he's his enemy for god's sake! o_O

I like just about every other character.. but him - that's pure disaster.

And studio should stop easying their work by darkening every other scene... sometimes you can see almost nothing due to it.
Jul 12, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2011
It's great to see that even the "bad guys" in this show have solid reasons to do what they do. The only fail so far is the fatass king, but it looks like he won't be there for much longer...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 18, 2015 8:46 PM

Jun 2014
So now we learn the betrayal was actually reasonable. what a (totally predictable) twist! But i love the way the action is portrayed here. and the strategy.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 20, 2015 6:55 AM

Aug 2014
i knew falangies will sing when arslan requested she send the dead off.

so Kharlan was not a traitor but loyal to the true king? but then why would the previous king laugh as hermes walked away?

also did we actually see hermes face? it was too dark to make out anything tbh.
Sep 28, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2015
Lame. This death was so predictable, it was like "Die ! foe the sake of the PLOT !!!"
And again, wee lil' Arslan is so pure he wants to see the traitors have a decent farewell...
Again, in times of chaos and instability, sentimentality gets you killed, not have people swear allegiance to you or whatever.
Oct 17, 2015 12:31 PM
May 2015
That was quite the textbook Kansas City Shuffle from Narsus there.

This is getting quite entertaining indeed.
Oct 30, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Funny. Hilmes think he's the rightful king, therefore he is allowed to use any means necessary, even using a long-standing enemy to first invade the ally of his own country, then his country itself. How exactly is that different from Andragoras killing his brother - if he even did it? Especially as Hilmes has no qualms about Arslan dying.

Hilmes also never tried any other means, like talking with the generals or acquiring the help of Narsus, which both would have presented a reasonable chance of acquiring the throne without or with very little bloodshed.

No, they always have to go all out. Akatsuki no Yona comes to mind as a fairly recent example, at least with what was revealed of the plot so far.

The only thing even funnier is when Osroes himself would have killed the then previous king.
Jan 12, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2012
Average episode, let's see what's next!
Feb 13, 2016 6:19 AM

Mar 2010
I'm curious If these gods really had a belief system irl.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 25, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Either they're adapting this poorly and too quick or the source material is really this bad.....
Mar 13, 2016 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
I'm shocked Kharlan died so early. I was expecting him to be one of the series' main antagonists... kind of bummed that his motivation wasn't really divulged. At best all we know is he saw Hermes as the rightful heir, but that seems very superficial to me.

I love Arslan. Some may call him naive, but he is honest and compassionate. With so much death, betrayal, and ruthlessness, Arslan is a much needed manifestation of humanity for this series. A man who even mourns the death of his enemies is a man worthy of kingship.

Gieve is the best though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 24, 2016 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Is there any point to Gieve flirting with Falangies? It's really annoying really. I think Gieve's personality around women is nothing but a pathetic attempt at comedy and Falangies is nothing but an eye-candy and of course being a woman makes some diversity for the group. Anyone could've taken their place. Anyone. So stop this stupid love story and focus more on Arslan. And these people in the forums shipping those two scare me because they might just become the real thing. Fuck.

Coudn't care less whatever happens to Andragoras. He's a stupid King, husband and father. Even worse as a brother if he really killed Osroes. No mercy for traitors. Speaking of traitors look at Kharlan. He just killed himself lol.
Jun 30, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
The party get bigger and better !
Jul 13, 2016 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
Dan-Te said:
Great episode
After the ending song we got very important informtion. Andragoras is in the Dungeons of Ecbatana captured by Hermes. Hermes is the son of Osroes, the previous king and Andragoras' nephew. Hermes said he is the rightful King of Pars but sixteen years ago Andragoras commited a great crime.

Of cource, 5/5!

Jesus is it annoying when a show sometimes have extra scenes after credits and sometimes don't. I would have missed this if i hadn't read this thread.

Anyways. I'm really disappointed Kharlan is already gone. He was the most interesting character for me so it's sad that he died so quickly.
Oct 28, 2016 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh, I hate it when shows try to make you feel pity for terrible people. No, they didn't deserve an elegy after murdering a bunch of innocent people and betraying their country. Don't give me that shit.
Jan 21, 2017 1:39 PM

Oct 2015
I laughed so hard when that Kharlan guy fell in his OWN sword/spear, like that's some actual sad death there.
I found it rather weird that he suddenly gave away the king was still alive, they just had to ask him for it, any real traitor would remain silent till the end...
Jan 28, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
Kharlan died by his own weapon. lol

So the band is all together now.

The true king has appeared.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

121 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.