Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 29, 2015 12:38 AM

May 2012
ooo333 said:
I have many female friends (both that I consider attractive and unattractive). But I can never consider a female a "best friend". Because no matter what, I dont think I can truly be myself around them. I feel like I have to hold back on my personality.

ooo333 has that hidden pain.
May 29, 2015 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
This thread is so stupid I almost turned my computer off and went to bed.
May 29, 2015 1:00 AM
Dec 2014
yes
May 29, 2015 8:23 AM

Oct 2008

But yeah, anyone can say anything.
Jun 24, 2015 10:20 PM

Nov 2014
Yes. Why wouldn't they?
Jun 24, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2010
If we are talking about best friend here (not one of, not a close friend but the best, or the first among equals) then I think it would be very hard. The reason being that you both realize that you have a lot in common, can really confide in each other and can resolve problems between yourselves easily. Plus if you really are best friends that means your families know each other well so no complications there. Thus you both start to realize how easy it is to have a relationship with that person and the advantages it can bring both of you.

I might even go as far to say it's an opportunity wasted because most of the time you have the perfect partner right there. Btw fuck buddies and partners/lovers are two different things. Partner/lover is something more.
Jun 24, 2015 11:29 PM

Aug 2009
Shimapan-chan said:
This thread is so stupid I almost turned my computer off and went to bed.

Smart thinking.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 24, 2015 11:30 PM

Aug 2014
Why did this get bumped?
Jun 24, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2015
No. How many times will this thread be bumped?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2015 11:47 PM

May 2012
they can if one of them is asexual or into the same gender
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jun 24, 2015 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
it's not possible for males and females to be friends at all
unless one of them is gay
Jun 24, 2015 11:58 PM

Jun 2011
Sure they can, one probably just cries themself to sleep at night
Jun 25, 2015 12:32 AM

Aug 2014
Eylandos said:
No
I always laugh at people who say this.

Killaclown said:
Oh, know I know why I do this.
Jun 25, 2015 4:40 AM

Jul 2014
My best friend is a girl and we're not romantically inclined towards each other. Yeah she's pretty cute and we obviously have a lot in common and such but neither of us have any interest in dating or having sex.

Admittedly, in the past there was a time were we discussed it but neither of us felt strongly enough to pursue it, we're just happy as we are.
Jun 25, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
Mistress > Best Female Friend
Enough said.
Jun 25, 2015 8:18 AM

Jun 2011
MechaKiryu said:
Killaclown said:
Oh, now I know why I do this.
glad I could help :)
Jun 25, 2015 8:48 AM

Jun 2014
TookMe6Years said:
Mistress > Best Female Friend
Enough said.

I would love to have a personal mistress.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 25, 2015 8:50 AM

Aug 2014
Killaclown said:

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 25, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
I do believe in existence of true friendship between different sex.
Jun 25, 2015 9:51 AM

Apr 2014
[center][size=90]My best friend is a guy! And I'd even go so far as to say that I might have more friends that are guys than friends that are girls.
But when I was younger, I tended to hang around the boys [ it's far cooler to play Dragons than to play Princesses, right? ], so I still feel more comfortable hanging around guys. My parents actually had to encourage me to make friends of my own gender once I entered middle school.
Sure, a few of them did express romantic interest in me. I either politely tried to turn them down or decided to go to things like school dances with them, but never allowed anything to develop into a serious relationship. As for my best friend, well, he's never shown that he likes anyone. He comes over to my house all the time, and we go into my room ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
...and play League of Legends for five hours.

I think that for all of my life, my best friend has been a guy. And I genuinely have fun hanging out with my guy friends- even if I'm the only girl there, I never feel uncomfortable or anything. I've never liked my best friend; he's never liked me. I've never liked any of my guy friends [ ahaha ], and I'd say that most of them also see me as only a friend. We're all happy; it's no problem.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jun 25, 2015 10:11 AM

May 2013
My best friend is male.
Jun 25, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
We need more Friends of Justice.

Jun 25, 2015 10:24 AM

Feb 2012
Puppet-kun said:
My best friend is a girl and we're not romantically inclined towards each other. Yeah she's pretty cute and we obviously have a lot in common and such but neither of us have any interest in dating or having sex.

Admittedly, in the past there was a time were we discussed it but neither of us felt strongly enough to pursue it, we're just happy as we are.

I hope you're happy with the beta-feels once she leaves you behind for a boyfriend who probably won't look upon such friendship favorably.
Jun 25, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
TookMe6Years said:

#GenderEquality
Jun 25, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
MechaKiryu said:
TookMe6Years said:

[yt]lbEtbNs9MoU[/ yt]
#GenderEquality

Did someone say GENDER EQUALITY?!
Jun 25, 2015 10:46 AM

May 2014
I have a lot of best friends who are guys! I don't think it's anything weird or uncommon. o:

gettttt dunked on!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2015 10:47 AM

Jun 2011
Angelise said:
I have a lot of best friends who are guys! I don't think it's anything weird or uncommon. o:
of course not, most of us just assume they are into you :p
Jun 25, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2014
Killaclown said:
Angelise said:

No no no! They are like brothers to me. I could never look at them any other way! I don't think they are into me like that too! >_<

gettttt dunked on!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
Angelise said:
Killaclown said:

No no no! They are like brothers to me. I could never look at them any other way! I don't think they are into me like that too! >_<

Hello MAL logic.
Jun 25, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2014
damastah said:
Angelise said:

Hello MAL logic.

What is MAL logic? :/ I am still new here...

gettttt dunked on!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Angelise said:
damastah said:

Hello MAL logic.

You're a month older than me account-wise(then again I've lurked since 2009-ish so...) but basically,

>The majority adhere to Murphy's Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law
>The majority will use logical conduits as a means to detract your statements
>Anything that isn't attuned to subject matter like feelings and stuff is treated as "strawmans" or "irrelevant fodder"
>The aforementioned cynical outlook I told you in the "should cheating be illegal thread"
>Shitposting is the way to go sometimes
Jun 25, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
damastah said:
MechaKiryu said:
#GenderEquality

FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: I had to change the video I originally posted because it was too edgy for MAL.

MechaKiryuJun 25, 2015 11:05 AM
Jun 25, 2015 11:06 AM

May 2014
damastah said:
Angelise said:

You're a month older than me account-wise(then again I've lurked since 2009-ish so...) but basically,

>The majority adhere to Murphy's Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law
>The majority will use logical conduits as a means to detract your statements
>Anything that isn't attuned to subject matter like feelings and stuff is treated as "strawmans" or "irrelevant fodder"
>The aforementioned cynical outlook I told you in the "should cheating be illegal thread"
>Shitposting is the way to go sometimes

I just made an account a year ago and never really went on this site after that... :/
Anyway, I guess I kinda understand what you're trying to say, I still think that it is really possible that romantic feelings don't develop between a guy or a girl... just because nature usually says so doesn't mean it always happens because humans are complicated creatures...

gettttt dunked on!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
MechaKiryu said:
damastah said:

[yt]bCjcF9FpCQQ[/ yt]
FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: I had to change the video I originally posted because it was too edgy for MAL.

[yt]Wt3MYqbRWGs[/ yt]

Lol Toaru is very good.
Jun 25, 2015 11:12 AM

Jun 2011
@angel- all true, but I think it's a little naive to think your friends "just can't see you that way since you don't see them that way", even if they wouldn't act on it we are still guys and we are kind of wired like that, though if they really see you as a sis or you just aren't their type that's kind of different but the whole see you as a sister thing doesn't really sound likely when it's multiple guys.... we can be true friends and still be attracted to the other person and hopefully that's as far as the feelings go
Jun 25, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
I don't see why not.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Jun 25, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
Kinda funny how people are still denying that friendships between two people of the opposite gender are possible when so many people are giving personal examples on how it's, indeed, a reality.
Jun 25, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2011
Halicone said:
Kinda funny how people are still denying that friendships between two people of the opposite gender are possible when so many people are giving personal examples on how it's, indeed, a reality.
yeah most happen to be women for some reason......
Jun 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
Killaclown said:
Halicone said:
I'm not a woman.
Jun 25, 2015 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
That is perfectly possible. The girl just has to really drill the boy so hard in the friend zone that it is impossible to even breathe in there.
Jun 25, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
Yes.
This should have a poll.
No, maybe it just shouldn't have been asked.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jun 25, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
Involtus said:
No, maybe it just shouldn't have been asked.
+1
Jun 25, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
No. Lately I've been very disappointed by guys, who tend to give you up once they understand that you're not interested in a relationship with them, or are not the kind of girl who would have sex with them "because it's cool everybody does that why being so stuck-up?" (by the one I used to consider as my male best friend, who I know since I'm 10). Actually, each time a girl is kind, it's misinterpreted as romance or arousal. I can't even count the number of guys, no matter how close I was to them, who were convinced I was attracted to them, because I acted kind. Yes, I may have been attached to some, but not attracted ! And yes, if one tries, there's the delusion of a refusal, and awkardeness instead of the friendly atmosphere that used to be.
So, my experience taught me that friendship is impossible with guys. Also, I'm a bit harsh because of recent experiences that almost make me think "They're definitely all the same" (I know it's wrong but well I'm starting to wonder). I'm still waiting for the one who would make me change my mind. I would want a genuine friendship with a guy so much. I love talking to guys.
Jun 25, 2015 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
WingsOfValor said:
My best friend is male.

Is he a masochist?
Jun 25, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
Teenage boy myself and I find it hard not to like girls who I am friendly with. Best way is to have lots of crushes so that a mix of indecisiveness and cowardice means I wont be asking any of them out any time soon. Probably partly to do with fear of being rejected for the 3rd time even if those rejections where my fault for liking people who really did not like me. There is one girl who I am friends with and have no intention of having a relationship with. She is having a gender identity crisis atm anyway and she is kinda fat can't believe I said that but fuck it, I am allowed to be a bit shallow!.
Mentalii said:
No. Lately I've been very disappointed by guys, who tend to give you up once they understand that you're not interested in a relationship with them, or are not the kind of girl who would have sex with them "because it's cool everybody does that why being so stuck-up?" (by the one I used to consider as my male best friend, who I know since I'm 10). Actually, each time a girl is kind, it's misinterpreted as romance or arousal. I can't even count the number of guys, no matter how close I was to them, who were convinced I was attracted to them, because I acted kind. Yes, I may have been attached to some, but not attracted ! And yes, if one tries, there's the delusion of a refusal, and awkardeness instead of the friendly atmosphere that used to be.
So, my experience taught me that friendship is impossible with guys. Also, I'm a bit harsh because of recent experiences that almost make me think "They're definitely all the same" (I know it's wrong but well I'm starting to wonder). I'm still waiting for the one who would make me change my mind. I would want a genuine friendship with a guy so much. I love talking to guys.

Understand where you are coming from and it must be frustrating by most of the time I am ignored by people. A lot of guys are yearning for a romantic relationship and a girl talking to them is a big step up from being ignored that they can easily misinterpret.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Dec 2010
I don't know about that
I've never been able to maintain a platonic relationship with any guy, maybe it's just me. I think it's definitely possible if it's like a strictly online friendship

Jun 25, 2015 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Uhio said:
I don't know about that
I've never been able to maintain a platonic relationship with any guy, maybe it's just me. I think it's definitely possible if it's like a strictly online friendship

Of course it's not just you
Being interested in the opposite sex is completely normal.
Eventually it goes over the top and you don't know anymore whether it's attraction or friendship. :^)
Jun 25, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2009
Yes they can and it's so annoying to think they can't.
Jun 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
MechaKiryu said:
Killaclown said:
I'm not a woman.
good for you, do you deny the statement I made or just saying how you were one of the males, I don't believe it's impossible but I think it's rare for their not to be attraction unless both are just not each others type
Jun 25, 2015 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
'if you only have extended conversations with a single member of the gender you are attracted to, you'll fall for them, regardless of your own gender'

is not always true,
but it's way more true than

'everyone will only get along with everyone of the gender they are attracted to because they secretly hope to get laid'

and easy to see why it would affect some people here...
lonely people aren't often picky and are psychologically more prone to exaggerating signals they receive

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 5 hours ago

10 by BitChilly »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

20 by deg »»
48 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 11 hours ago

9 by tsukareru »»
49 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.