Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 17, 2015 2:42 PM

Jun 2014
Damn no Kaneki this week a bit dissapointed but happy to see Hinami again! That cliffhanger with Hinami saving Sasaki was cruel :( can't wait for next week!
May 17, 2015 3:22 PM

Jan 2015
If Ishida puts Hinami in a do or die situation....I'ma be pissed. Hinami and Touka are the only reasons I still have a soul after Tokyo Ghoul part 1.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 17, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
Juuzuo finally entered the battle with Big Madam. His entrance with him and his gang was pretty damn awesome.

Hinami chan! Rescuing her onii chan like that. If something happens to her.. I swear
May 17, 2015 4:26 PM

Sep 2008
"I don't want die... I don't want disappear"
lol...
I never thought that I would find Haise annoying.

Quinx are the best part of the manga.
May 17, 2015 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
its official Urie is a lunatic and hes too goddamn obsessed with power. he's gonna die at that rate

AND YES MUTSUKI FINALLY YOUR KAGUNE

i guess kaneki isnt coming out then since haise keeps resisting

AND HINAMI TO THE RESCUE and i just love how Saiko was just in the corner watching it all and her reaction to Hinami
May 17, 2015 6:33 PM

Dec 2014
HINAMI FOR BEST GIRL

Also
Urie x Tooru
I ship it
anyone who disagrees can fite me.

anyway on a more serious note, lots of stuff going on in this chapter, I really enjoyed it.
I was expecting a bit more, but I won't say that I wasn't satisfied with the things that happened. At least my prediction for this chapter was spot on.
Looking forward to next week.
May 17, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2012
omg I love everything about this chapter. I didn't give a damn about Urie until now, can't believe it changed in one chapter, damn it Ishida. Mutsuki is really a cutie. I already see a lot of UriexTooru fanfics coming..
Hinami yes you go girl, save him. I wanted Kaneki back but I'm happy he won't be back for now, I really like Haise.
May 17, 2015 7:17 PM

Dec 2012
so much this chapter. Tooru continues to keep going up my list of favorite characters.
May 17, 2015 7:21 PM

Aug 2014
That was an awesome chapter.
Ishida is such a tease though. Delaying Kaneki this much? Man.
But HINAMI CHAAAAN~.
Yaaaaas

Xway101 ~By me~
May 17, 2015 7:36 PM
Dec 2014
Awesome chapter ^_^
On a side note, what was Seidou doing here? Just torturing him or?
May 17, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
Man when Urie went crazy there it totally reminded me of Kaneki, and holy shit Hinami came to rescue Sasaki at the end there. Seriously excited for next weeks chapter
May 17, 2015 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
Excellent chapter, so much going on. Mitsuki is such an angel, I mean who else would have been able to calm down Urie in that state?

"Hello, Mama." The look on Juzou's face is chilling in that panel...

Hinami to the rescue! Guess we won't see a berserk Kaneki just yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
Urie gone bananas. This manga has no shortage of insane characters. He was like Kanekipede nuts.

Was wondering what the hell Suzuya was doing while the QS getting their asses kicked and then he make a grand entrance with his squad.

That ending though, well I don't think Hinami is weak but hybrid ghoul won't be easy for her to handle.

May 17, 2015 8:51 PM
Sep 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Was wondering what the hell Suzuya was doing while the QS getting their asses kicked and then he make a grand entrance with his squad.

Waiting for his damn scythe.
May 17, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2014
Hinami got tits, my lord.

I personally liked Urie a lot in this chapter.

May 17, 2015 9:08 PM

Feb 2008
Intense chapter! Got the tg creepy feel!!
Don't wanna see a ghoul amon. I might cry.
... =_=

May 17, 2015 10:12 PM
Mar 2015
enkfayeh said:
"I don't want die... I don't want disappear"
lol...
I never thought that I would find Haise annoying.

Quinx are the best part of the manga.

I know!!
May 17, 2015 10:19 PM

Aug 2014
Surprising
May 17, 2015 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
This was great, at least now I hope Urie will be more accepted by the readers.
May 18, 2015 1:15 AM

Apr 2011
Now Sassan supposed to be beast like strong, but... saved by Hina.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
May 18, 2015 1:40 AM
Mar 2015
Ganbat said:

how pathetic haise can be?
May 18, 2015 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
Nezyeh said:
Ganbat said:

The only thing that's pathetic here is your blind hate for Sasaki. He's against an SS( possibly SSS) ghoul who fed on plenty people before confronting Haise and killed an associate special class without even breaking a sweat. Despite knowing the huge difference in strength, Sasaki still took him on in a 1 on 1 fight.
Z4KMay 18, 2015 2:43 AM
May 18, 2015 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
Since I don't have much time I'll post a small version of my thoughts. I agree with the majority here. This chapter was so badass. I like the quinx even more including Urie. Who would have guessed. Ishida you genius.

I'm not very surprised that we don't get to see Kaneki, it's too soon for that. Hinami was a really pleasant surprise! I'm so happy to see her again! All grown up and beautiful. Sure Kaneki would run back to the guilty road if he found out what happened to her. :(

Urie, Tooru & Suzuka, Big madam! Omg finally and he said mama! Haha I expected Suzuya to say something like that. Damn Ishida another cliffhanger and more curiously!

Also when Akira arrives to save Sasaki! Almost all he reunions I wanted to happen appeared in this arc! Akira and Hinami's past will almost be wrapped up here and Suzuya's too. *squeals*

And then there's another wait... T.T
DreamingflowerMay 18, 2015 3:17 AM

Happy happy happy!!!
May 18, 2015 3:19 AM

Jul 2014
Nezyeh said:
Ganbat said:

So... could you like fuck off? After such a pleasant time in the last few weeks i stopped loosing brain cells, but since you started to comment again i have a brain cell suiciding every hour. Please, stop the brain damage. Are you another moron joining the "other morons group" or are you an "alt of a moron"?
May 18, 2015 3:35 AM

Oct 2013
Yes! Hinami arrives goddamnit! I wanna see her in action. Can't fucking wait!
May 18, 2015 3:50 AM
Mar 2015
Arcanix said:
Nezyeh said:

So... could you like fuck off? After such a pleasant time in the last few weeks i stopped loosing brain cells, but since you started to comment again i have a brain cell suiciding every hour. Please, stop the brain damage. Are you another moron joining the "other morons group" or are you an "alt of a moron"?

calm down dear, i can not express my opnion?
May 18, 2015 4:02 AM

Apr 2014
Nezyeh said:
Arcanix said:

calm down dear, i can not express my opnion?

You can but we got it. You don't like Haise so there's no need for you to repeat yourself in every post.
May 18, 2015 7:07 AM

Jun 2013
I'm actually glad Kaneki did not come out yet. (lol)
Maybe Hinami could take Sasaki with her to their base or something, it would be interesting to see him with all of the ghouls.
Still I like him being with CCG, at least for a little longer...
May 18, 2015 7:23 AM
Sep 2014
Dreamingflower said:
I'm not very surprised that we don't get to see Kaneki, it's too soon for that.

As much as it pains me to agree, if Kaneki resurfaced now his Haise personality would probably completely disappear. Give him some time to sort his mind out though, and the personalities might eventually be able to coexist or even fuse, which would probably be the best outcome IMO. The fusing of Haise and Kaneki would also make a good representation of his (initial) cause - making peace with both the humans and ghouls.
May 18, 2015 7:32 AM

Jan 2015
That Hinami-chan at the last moment!

I wonder what will happen with Sasaki after so much torture. Will Kaneki be appearing even more? I'm really curious.
May 18, 2015 8:07 AM

Aug 2014
So many things happening in 1 chapter...

Alright, first of all Urie is still actively competing with Shirazu for the best Quinx member. It's too bad he didn't manage to take down Big Mama, but that's okay - what I got was actually better. Than Kaneki and Banjo parallel was pretty nice. Honestly, even I could hear the ship starting to sail (yes, Mitsuki's a girl, biology says so). Juuzou vs Mama, I truly hope he tortures her before capturing/killing her off.

Second, Hinami was so glorious with that entrance. I guess nobody's touching Kaneki while she's around, awww. Don't know how she'll stand a chance against Takizawa, but that entrance was all that matters. I really hope she and Haise will exchange at least a single word.

5/5

Ah, also: lol at the 7 raging people who voted this a 1/5. Are you that upset that Kaneki didn't get shown, and likely will not be shown anytime soon? Lmao, I can almost taste your tears.

Cozatto said:

Don't understand what we're supposed to be noticing. Hinami has had her father's Rinkaku Kagune since Mado vs Touka 2 happened.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 18, 2015 8:59 AM
Dec 2011
foxlawz said:
Maledict said:
(yes, Mitsuki's a girl, biology says so).

i will jump a little off-topic here...
i hope i didn't need to say this, but biology is not an all-explaining science. and, like any other science, it evolves together with other sciences. you can do a simple google search on 'gender identity and biology' and understand a little better.
mutsuki DID ask the people of CCG to be treated as a man from the point he joined the organization. so that's what all people should be treating him like, regardless of internal organs or genitalia.

(also, mutsuki could only be shipped with urie as long as people see him as a woman? wow)

Pls don't start this. I am not trying to be a mod or something but this whole 'mutsuki is a boy or girl' debate has been going on everywhere in the fandom;tumblr, wiki, twitter etc etc and it tends to turn out to be ugly argument in the end.

It's been confirmed that Mutsuki's sex is female but he wants to be treated as a male. But then the reason why he did so( it could be due to him coping with trauma being identified as woman before or maybe he genuinely wanted to be recognizes as man) is still left ambiguous and the probability Mutsuki going to live as a man or woman by the end of the manga is 50-50, we cant tell which route Ishida wants to take regarding his gender identity.

I can relate to people want to address Mutsuki as a girl. Mutsuki
might want to be known as male but then again the thing about 'doesnt have a heart of man' happened so yeah even Mutsuki himself didn't know what he truly wants. Both sides have their arguments so it's best to let people use their preferences pronouns for Mutsuki and just wait for Ishida to make the final words.

Just don't bring this into MAL, it's had been peaceful here without the Mutsuki's gender debate meanwhile everywhere is heated with the latest chapter to the point people lash out their frustration towards Ishida.

And no I don't think people start shipping them because she's a woman but I believe it's more to their latest development and interaction in this chapter.
May 18, 2015 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
Maledict said:
Cozatto said:

Don't understand what we're supposed to be noticing. Hinami has had her father's Rinkaku Kagune since Mado vs Touka 2 happened.

I think he's referring to the black and white duality. But I'm not really sure what its supposed to represent in that situation

foxlawz said:
Maledict said:

i hope i didn't need to say this, but biology is not an all-explaining science. and, like any other science, it evolves together with other sciences. you can do a simple google search on 'gender identity and biology' and understand a little better.
mutsuki DID ask the people of CCG to be treated as a man from the point he joined the organization. so that's what all people should be treating him like, regardless of internal organs or genitalia.

(also, mutsuki could only be shipped with urie as long as people see him as a woman? wow)

Could you really not start this annoying argument?
May 18, 2015 9:15 AM
Oct 2012
Z4k said:
Nezyeh said:

The only thing that's pathetic here is your blind hate for Sasaki. He's against an SS( possibly SSS) ghoul who fed on plenty people before confronting Haise and killed an associate special class without even breaking a sweat. Despite knowing the huge difference in strength, Sasaki still took him on in a 1 on 1 fight.

give up, bro, some people do not see what appears to be obvious and have their own interpretations, they do not care about the fact that Seido is the (half) ghoul, more powerful that Sasaneki has faced throughout the series, or even in this situation Haise not want to disappear, something that was shown from chapter 13, and make superficial judgments because Shironeki did not appear.
May 18, 2015 9:27 AM
May 2015
I was kinda upset with hinami saving kaneki because some people ship them but no
May 18, 2015 9:36 AM
Oct 2012
I thought Seidou was just a SS ghoul, but it is classified as an SS ~ (a higher level than the SS), which makes the criticism of Sasaki is take a beating even more ridiculous.
May 18, 2015 9:39 AM
Aug 2014
Nice chapter. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
Was big madams tongue entering Urie's mouth? That's nasty.
His surprise after stabbing mutsuki also surprised myself.
I can't wait to see Hinami s next move, though I want her to be all sunshine and rainbows with Sasaki, for some reason, I think she will get him captive as a way to escape from Pineapple. Saikos death flag has been sweeping the floor a bit, wanting to raise.
Can't wait to see who is the playstation guy, and can't wait to see Arima and Eto interfering.
May 18, 2015 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Did mutsuki knows his identity is exposed or that is just urie inner monologue?

Kinda confused by the speech bubble saying " A (W)oman? "
May 18, 2015 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
Maledict said:

Yea I'm actually referring to the black and white (yin and yang thing). Maybe it's just coincidence but this is Ishida sensei we are talking about so maybe there is some symbolism or foreshadowing there?
May 18, 2015 10:08 AM

Mar 2015
ha, i wonder if urie will have a slightly milder attitude towards mutsuki now (without revealing his reason for the cutback in animosity, of course)

i mean, don't get me wrong, i love me some 100% cynical characters, but i also think it's the bee's knees when a surly, misanthropic type has a soft spot for another character for (seemingly) inexplicable reasons. besides, i'm pretty sure mutsuki will keep quiet about urie's little outburst, so this kind of development really isn't that long of a shot.

May 18, 2015 10:19 AM
Mar 2015
Acernos said:
Z4k said:

give up, bro, some people do not see what appears to be obvious and have their own interpretations, they do not care about the fact that Seido is the (half) ghoul, more powerful that Sasaneki has faced throughout the series, or even in this situation Haise not want to disappear, something that was shown from chapter 13, and make superficial judgments because Shironeki did not appear.

Haise was told he would be thrown away when he becomes useless. As far as I can remember this is a belief his Kaneki subconcoious is telling him. he saw his past self as some kind of monster. He thinks that if "Ken" takes over, he will disappear and will become that "Monster" that needs to be killed. Seidou, someone that was experimented the same way as him, that calls him the "doctor Masterpiece" doesn't help either. From Haise standpoint, seeing Seidou like this is proof enough that he was right about "Ken", his past self. And lastly there are Seidou attempts to awaken "Ken". So yeah, you can see why Haise don't fight back. because of the way he thinks, many people will die .. as I said pathetic!
May 18, 2015 11:21 AM
Jan 2015
foxlawz said:
Maledict said:

Lmao
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.
May 18, 2015 11:29 AM
Jan 2015
Acernos said:
I thought Seidou was just a SS ghoul, but it is classified as an SS ~ (a higher level than the SS), which makes the criticism of Sasaki is take a beating even more ridiculous.

the assumption some people had was that if haise has been trained by arima then he should be even more capable..which is dumb, there's no evidence of haise being rigorously trained by arima. the coffee-table training and happenstance resemblance with regards to movement are unconvincing to me.

I'm not even sure how an Arima v. Seidou battle would go, either. It's hard to assess Seidou since he's been wrecking people without much effort..so people need to stop whining and criticizing.
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.
May 18, 2015 11:34 AM

Mar 2015
I'm amazed how this chapter turned out. Urie is flipping out, man...

Wow, Hinami's sudden appearance will have an interesting outcome.
May 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
Hina-chan!! why you got in the way of Ken's awakening, you sly girl you. XD
Sound a bit stupid because the author keep teasing us about it, now it definitely get delayed for an indefinite time.

Urie you just go get a sleep to fix your eyes and let the Juuzou show how it's done.^^
May 18, 2015 11:48 AM
Oct 2012
Nezyeh said:
Acernos said:

Haise was told he would be thrown away when he becomes useless. As far as I can remember this is a belief his Kaneki subconcoious is telling him. he saw his past self as some kind of monster. He thinks that if "Ken" takes over, he will disappear and will become that "Monster" that needs to be killed. Seidou, someone that was experimented the same way as him, that calls him the "doctor Masterpiece" doesn't help either. From Haise standpoint, seeing Seidou like this is proof enough that he was right about "Ken", his past self. And lastly there are Seidou attempts to awaken "Ken". So yeah, you can see why Haise don't fight back. because of the way he thinks, many people will die .. as I said pathetic!

he does not fight back because he is weak and does not want to disappear, pathetic is something Kaneki / Shironeki / Sasaki has always been, Shironeki was so stupid that was imitating the ridiculous way of thinking of his mother and had not realized it until the end, then make nonsense is part of protagonist that Ishida created, and that's because he's so human. the difference is that it is understandable why Sasaki does not want to disappear, he has the chance to live like a human and have a family (even though he knows it is all a play).
May 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
But being both weak and strong is what makes Kaneki interesting. What would've he done if he had stayed his old self? Kill even more ghouls while powering up in a shounenesque fashion? Also Ishida compensated for the lack of Kaneki's rage with a fairly interesting development of Urie.
There's plenty of hardened killers without him, he is supposed to be reflective, and have just enough power to have the ability to think about more tham survival.

Personally I am worried by the appearance of Hinami. I hope that she doesn't interact with Sasaki too much, since I'd like to see him stay purely on CCG's side a bit longer. (And I am frankly not a fan of her as as a character, especially seeing how she works for Aogiri now.)

*sigh* I wonder how many arcs it will take to get to Amon. It's no wonder that Takizawa is so strong - he killed ghouls as a human, he was the second in the grade. But Amon as a half-ghoul would've been (will be) even worse.
May 18, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2012
Hinami to the rescue! That's mah girl.

Wonder if Urie's finally gonna calm down even just a bit

May 18, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
glad to see my waifu come to haise's rescue
May 18, 2015 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
Hell yes, big madam ain't no weak btch XD
She just schooled Urie's ass like nothing XD

That Urie development thou :'(
Just like kaneki x banjou
ichii_1May 18, 2015 2:24 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.