Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2015 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Isshiki in a nutshell

Kinda interesting to see Hachiman taking his own responsibility for getting involved with her though, not to mention the event planning. Quite an interesting council member meeting though with the brainstorming. I'd say he has a rather strange chemistry with Issihiki.
May 7, 2015 10:14 AM

Nov 2007
Back to normal, yet awkward. That girl who became student council president in previous arc appeared again and asked for Christmas event. It seems like Yukinoshita is uncomfortable with Christmas.

Weird reaction when he offered to carry her bag. That girl he "confessed" in junior high is from the school they are collaborating? Awkward between student council, and another school members are the ones deciding. lol @ change of mood when that main guy initiated his "idea" with hand gesture.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 7, 2015 10:15 AM
Apr 2015
That girl which Hikigaya fell inlove at middle school is so annoying. And the constant hand movements was annoying as well. Ishiki was so adorable in this episode.
May 7, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2010
The hands movements during the council meeting distracted me so much.
May 7, 2015 10:19 AM
Apr 2015
Dat hands waving really a funny scene.
May 7, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Those hand movements..... they were pissing the hell out of me. On another note good thing Iroha appeared again, needed some comedy after that awkward club room scene. I miss season 1 where the atmosphere wasnt so awkward.
May 7, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
What a 180 degree rotation episode.
May 7, 2015 11:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hachiman taking responsibility for making Irohasu the Student Council Prez and helping her out. I remember when I read the novels for the first time I really disliked her for not taking responsibility and doing stuff by herself. But here in the anime they make her more sympathetic and less "spoiled" somehow than in the books. She's gonna have a lot of fans as a result I guess.

I was really looking forward to seeing the SC President of the partner school but to my surprise they are spreading him and his verbose interventions (he uses a lot of words in EnglishI out over 4 characters!!! That's quite a change, a minor one, but I really didn't expect it.

Next episode is going to have the best scene in the entire series. Cannot wait.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 7, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Kaihin Sougo High school prez is so annoying - I love it. His hand movement at the end gave me the creeps.

I wonder how many times Hikki shall be rejected by Isshiki and who can forget hachiman imitating Isshiki's voice.
Waiting for the subs patiently

ed 26/05/19 - my past self was irritating so I removed some stupidity from the post.
28/07/19 @winddevil1 Don't want to bump this thread so just read my reply in here. I've rewatched OreGairu many times but yeah as you said time changes people and their opinions. You can probably find my original text just below this post since some users have graciously quoted me.
IizyJul 27, 2019 3:25 PM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
May 7, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2012
Iizbakaokay said:
Kaihin sougo High school prez is so annoying - I love it.
His hand movement at the end gave me the creeps ;~;

Also I wonder how many times Hikki shall be rejected by Isshiki.
And who can forget hachiman imitating Isshiki's voice ^_^
~~ Waiting for the subs PATIENTLY ~~

I cant stop looking at that gif
May 7, 2015 1:47 PM

Oct 2014
Wait till you hear his Katakana rich voice! You shall be irritated to no end.
IizyMay 26, 2019 8:13 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
May 7, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2015
Can't wait for the subs! Iroha is becoming cuter and cuter. She's like a mix between Yukinon and Yui. No best Imouto unfortunately. Seems like they are adapting Vol. 9 pretty well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 7, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
Iizbakaokay said:

Its as if he's rubbing some imaginary breasts.
May 7, 2015 3:00 PM
Jan 2015
This episode was really funny. I love the way they presented the katakana loving president, and I felt like Hachiman's delivery this episode was excellent. Although things are certainly tense in the Service Club, I appreciate that they kept the comedy intact still.

指が折れるまで!
May 7, 2015 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
More delicious & sweet Iroha scenes :3

8man's wacky voices are really amusing to hear lol.

Godammnit that katakana lover president, he's even more annoying than his LN version (Perhaps because of his pretentious hand gestures).
May 7, 2015 4:51 PM
Apr 2015
Hope they make OVA of Iroha dating Hachiman. In volume 10.5

Overall, this episode was alright just can't stand anymore to watch those annoying douches using weird English.

A president from other school said
" we have to use logical thinking to think about logically "
and Hachiman's inner reaction was so funny.
May 7, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
I had mixed reaction while watching this episode. A bit of it was sweet (Yui moments), a bit of it was awkward (Yukino moments), a bit of it was funny (Hikki trying to be in the same wavelength) most of it was okay (Iroha moments), and the last bit was annoying (the girl from middle-school moment).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 7, 2015 7:27 PM
Apr 2015
A little change in the end of OP. The tea cups are unused then they have been upside down.
May 7, 2015 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
Iizbakaokay said:

Also I wonder how many times Hikki shall be rejected by Isshiki.
And who can forget hachiman imitating Isshiki's voice ^_^
~~ Waiting for the subs PATIENTLY ~~
How come this is so amusing?
May 7, 2015 8:45 PM

Jan 2015
awww... for the moment i think she will kiss him >.<

too much funny things in this episode, i can't stop laughing watch it ^^V
Arc_CridMay 7, 2015 9:26 PM
----- Lock and Load -----
May 7, 2015 9:26 PM
Apr 2015
There goes my 24 minutes of my life. This episode feels like a flash. Another week to wait.

To welcome the Kaihin sougo High school prez, why not changing the forum to: "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 BRAINSTORMING"
"I wasn’t a victim so things like pity and compassion weren’t necessary. Even though I was the one who arrogantly said that."
May 7, 2015 11:05 PM
Jun 2013

Yahallo!

Yukino "smiling"

Yukino does not care about the club anymore

Awkward...

Really liked the way Feel Studios depicted Yukino in this episode, you can totally feel her indifference towards Hachiman and Yui after realizing their circle's relationship/friendship is just as fake as Hayama's circle's friendship.

Hope their relationship can be fixed in the latter episodes. Though judging by this author's intention to make this story unique and unorthodox, a bad ending seems more likely.

EDITED
lapsapiveMay 8, 2015 8:20 AM
May 7, 2015 11:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Those hand movements during the conference meetings looked weird as fuck lol

Was an alright episode overall with more interactions between Hachiman and Iroha which I enjoyed seeing....We also got to see more of the changes in 8man as well as some interactions with out main females (It really sucks seeing them act like how they're acting and I want 8man and Yukino to just make up already >.<)

Those guys in the meeting were all spouting nonsense and pretending as if what they were saying made any sense towards the task at hand lol. Poor 8man was being tortured by having to sit through all of it xD Also the junior school girl continues to annoy me
May 7, 2015 11:42 PM

Apr 2013
Z4k said:
Iizbakaokay said:

Its as if he's rubbing some imaginary breasts.

He's enjoying it.

Damn though, those hands were really funny lol!, another fantastic episode~
Kaori's laugh at the end was so funny LOL
LeFlower-kunMay 8, 2015 3:05 AM
May 7, 2015 11:59 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode and it was mostly focused on Isshiki. The episode started out on quite a sad note, particularly with Yukino. Hachiman didn't want the whole club to be involved with Isshiki's problem so he offered to help alone. I'm loving the interactions between Isshiki and Hachiman. They're like complete opposites but they're great together. xD I still can't get enough of Hachiman's 'impersonations' with his high pitched tone. :P

I loved the scenes when Hachiman was waiting for Isshiki and offered to hold the grocery/plastic bag; the 2nd time was a cute moment. :D Hachiman basically saying things that even he has no idea what they mean was hilarious; bullshit ftw! The hand movements were pretty funny too, not sure if that was intentional or not. Hachiman's middle school crush is really annoying still. x_x
May 8, 2015 12:10 AM

Jan 2015
Ahh the subs made the episode even better. Liked how 8man said that he doesn't have girlfriend and not that he wasn't going after Isshiki. Is that 3 straight rejections? Hopefully we can get a fourth.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 8, 2015 12:11 AM

Jul 2014
So the guys from the other school are the kind that come up with the ideas but don't actually do any of the hard work that comes with making it happen... I hate people like those.
May 8, 2015 12:12 AM

Jul 2014
lapsapive said:

Really liked the way Yukino was depicted in this ep, you can totally feel her indifference towards Hachiman and Yui after realizing their circle's relationship/friendship is just as fake as Hayama's circle's friendship.

Hope their relationship can be fixed in the latter episodes. Though judging by this author's intention to make this story unique and unorthodox, a bad ending seems more likely.

Im inclined to agree, having a sad/bad end would be for the better.
May 8, 2015 12:13 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I like how Hachiman modified Yui's invitation to Saika about dropping by the club only because it was him. I would've done the same thing too. :x

Hachiman's imitating Iroha was too hilarious! Lol'd so much at his monologue in her voice and later when he mimicked her attitude outside! XD
Really liked their interactions though, particularly when she "rejected" him again and he still took the bag from her. They're so shippable! :3

Tamanawa's hand movements were so weird! Noticed Hachiman doing the same thing as well when he was making a BS suggestion without having any idea of what he was talking about. I guess he got caught in the mood and unknowingly did it. XD

Orimoto is still a bitch! Even her voice is so friggin' annoying, especially every time she went "Sore ikeru!" and "Sore aru" >.<

Good episode. The tension berween Yukino and Hachiman still remains the same, which I hope gets resolved soon.

May 8, 2015 12:15 AM

Jan 2013
Hachiman should've taken Yukino along, actually. Yukino would've shut up all those smarty-pants in less than a minute and made them do some actual work. Nobody would've been able to oppose her.

Then again, that would've made things even harder for Iroha. Her council would've been even more disappointed in her...
May 8, 2015 12:20 AM

May 2013
Isshiki already asking for help after becoming student council president. That girl that Hachiman had a crush on is starting to get annoying. Sucks for the other members of the student council to be doing more work. Lol those hand gestures.
May 8, 2015 12:21 AM
Jan 2013
SOMEONE NEEDS TO SAVE YUKINO RIGHT NOW.....

THINK I KNOW THE MAN FOR THE JOB. AN 8MAN

but seriously someone tape Tamanawa hands to fucking table or cut them off....
It's like they're alive or something...
kitkatxzMay 8, 2015 12:27 AM
May 8, 2015 12:26 AM

May 2008
It just occurred to me that "yukinoshita" was an anagram for "yukino a shit".
Well done, Watari.
May 8, 2015 12:27 AM

Feb 2014
Hahaha what a funny episode! I like that in the meeting the people are just blurting out intelligent words but doesn't contribute anything at all.
May 8, 2015 12:28 AM
Dec 2013
Two words to represent this episode - Corporate Bullshit. A very nice example to describe corporate bullshit. I love it!!
May 8, 2015 12:39 AM
Jan 2013
those fucking hand. just seeing it make me sick haha. nice episode and iroha gradually become cuter
May 8, 2015 12:45 AM

May 2010
Iizbakaokay said:

I wish I could have reached through the screen and punched him in the face. Not only him but the rest of his council too. It's like
Avus said:
Two words to represent this episode - Corporate Bullshit. A very nice example to describe corporate bullshit.

I know Hikki has realized it at least to some extent. I want him to put them all in their place... but I guess he isn't going to do that probably.
May 8, 2015 12:53 AM

Aug 2010
Dem hand movements are so friggin distracting lol XD in a good way...if the makes sense ^^; the gifs are addicting XD

Loving the scenes when Hikki uses his "cute" tone as sarcasm to Iroha XD It's hilarious.

And so was the part he just started blurting out random stuff to join the discussion XD

3rd rejection by Iroha :3 how many more left Before she falls for him I wonder :P
Lol'd at how she was gonna say manipulate at first XD

I can sense the drama incoming if Yukino or Yui ever see Hikki with Iroha :/

Liking Iroha more now. Still not best but her interactions with Hikki are fun. She's a really bad prez though ^^;
May 8, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
The hand movements were so weird. Orimoto is still annoying even without her saying dayone.

Iroha best girl.
May 8, 2015 1:11 AM

Oct 2014

Lol these hand movements, just what's the point of that?

Saika being always welcome on the Club... I approve *Thumbs up*

Cute! Best gurl of this ep.
May 8, 2015 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
An episode based on more interactions between Iroha and Hachiman.
May 8, 2015 1:19 AM
Jan 2009
8man should seriously starts a political party.
May 8, 2015 1:20 AM

Apr 2015
Is Yui jealous of Hikiya looking at the blondie? And Yii is TOO CLOSE to his face!!!! That was so cute +1 for Yui!!!!

Damn, I hate Yukinon's "forced smile"! Is she disappointed coz Hikiya fixed the problem? Pathetic!!! Moved on!

Is it me but I'm now pretty much sure that Isshiki likes Hikiya! She's just pretending to be liking Hayama and playing grossed out by Hikiya's normal approaches!!!

I couldn't agree more with Hachiman, those "smart talking" are BS...... But seriously, when he did it himself it was so funny.

Last, that girl... wants to die, also say is "preach it"... what a retard.
#CHEXIT
May 8, 2015 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
WHAT?!?!

What the fuck was this?

Did anyone understand this shit?

The times that it wasn't utterly boring they were literally talking nonsense....I mean incomprehensible shit!

Seriously, how is this anime so highly regarded?

I really don't want to be one of those people that constantly complains, but holy shit.....this was AWFUL!
May 8, 2015 1:25 AM

Jan 2015
How are the hand movements described in the LN? Are they supposed to be that weird?

Anyway, Yukino's screen time needs some serious increase. We need to understand just what she's thinking. She's the source of that awkward atmosphere in the club and while I do have a pretty good idea of why she's acting that way, I can't be sure if my speculations are correct until they actually show us what's on her mind.

JustALEX said:
WHAT?!?!

What the fuck was this?

Did anyone understand this shit?

The times that it wasn't utterly boring they were literally talking nonsense....I mean incomprehensible shit!

Seriously, how is this anime so highly regarded?

I really don't want to be one of those people that constantly complains, but holy shit.....this was AWFUL!

Dude, that's the point: they are talking about abstract nonsense as though it made sense. Someone seriously needs to call them out on it.
May 8, 2015 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
supracseduch said:
Dude, that's the point: they are talking about abstract nonsense as though it made sense. Someone seriously needs to call them out on it.

Yeah, Ok....I was reading the comments and it seems like that's the point.

But they could've made it a tiny bit more entertaining, maybe?

This show has it's moments, but the majority of the time it is unbelievably boring....the interactions with the characters are really not that great, I think it's because of all the inner monologuing that Hachiman does that people are so intrigued.

I think this anime is suffering from the "Haruhi Effect".....except Haruhi was actually entertaining and things actually happened in that anime in a much more frequent basis.

Sep 2013
This episode made me laugh and cringe so many times.

Also, Orimoto's character is about as annoying as can be made possible without actually having done anything "wrong".

Aug 2012
Them hand gestures wtf
May 8, 2015 1:34 AM

Jun 2008
sim0n2170 said:
Them hand gestures wtf

That's seriously the only thing I took from this episode.

Some random dude saying nonsense while moving his hands in an unnatural way.

While that was indeed funny....I want my 24 minutes of watching anime to be a bit more productive.

What a waste.
May 8, 2015 1:35 AM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
SansrivaaL said:
lapsapive said:

Really liked the way Yukino was depicted in this ep, you can totally feel her indifference towards Hachiman and Yui after realizing their circle's relationship/friendship is just as fake as Hayama's circle's friendship.

Im inclined to agree, having a sad/bad end would be for the better.

Second that. I will be so sad if the anime ends on a sour note between Yukino and Hikki.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.