Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
May 9, 2015 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
Guilek said:
Mickdrew said:

Actually, this is more accurate:

Nice one, I will keep this gif.

yep pretty much me as a causal I'm out thought it would be safe lol
May 9, 2015 8:56 PM
Apr 2014
so shero waz the brown man :O
May 9, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2013
Forgetfulness said:
1. Um...there was plenty of reason to care for Illya, especially if you've seen F/Z and wanted to see what happened to her since the events and Kiritsugu disappearing.
I might agree with Caster, but then again I didn't really feel anything for her and wasn't expecting to
4. Haha, no. Either pay attention to the show or stop using dumb buzzwords inaccurately.

Idk, since Illya only had like what, 5 minutes of screentime throughout all of f/z, and the little time she had in ubw, I found it really hard to care for her. Even with what we had of her in f/z, her character felt very rushed up to her death in ubw. Yeah, we had that whole backstory bit, but it all felt rather pointless and forced when her death followed right afterwards. (it was pretty much "Oh, this character is going to die, lets make our audience mourn for her by showing them her 10 minute tragic backstory before she gets her heart torn out because she didn't get much character development earlier on in this series aside from a fight scene and a few scenes in her castle not really doing anything."). this is only coming from the anime watching experience. I don't care how much development she got in the vn. I'm not talking about the vn. I'm talking about the anime

4. From what I've read, Shriou is supposed to be more complex when you see his inner monologues, but it's easy to mistake him as a cliche anime protag in this anime. Even his lines are cringeworthingly reduntant. "TEMEEE!"
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
May 9, 2015 8:59 PM

Apr 2014
emobuttercup said:
Forgetfulness said:
1. Um...there was plenty of reason to care for Illya, especially if you've seen F/Z and wanted to see what happened to her since the events and Kiritsugu disappearing.
I might agree with Caster, but then again I didn't really feel anything for her and wasn't expecting to
4. Haha, no. Either pay attention to the show or stop using dumb buzzwords inaccurately.

Idk, since Illya only had like what, 5 minutes of screentime throughout all of f/z, and the little time she had in ubw, I found it really hard to care for her. Even with what we had of her in f/z, her character felt very rushed up to her death in ubw. Yeah, we had that whole backstory bit, but it all felt rather pointless and forced when her death followed right afterwards. (it was pretty much "Oh, this character is going to die, lets make our audience mourn for her by showing them her 10 minute tragic backstory before she gets her heart torn out because she didn't get much character development earlier on in this series aside from a fight scene and a few scenes in her castle not really doing anything."). this is only coming from the anime watching experience. I don't care how much development she got in the vn. I'm not talking about the vn. I'm talking about the anime

4. From what I've read, Shriou is supposed to be more complex when you see his inner monologues, but it's easy to mistake him as a cliche anime protag in this anime. Even his lines are cringeworthingly reduntant. "TEMEEE!"

The Shirou in the anime is a faker, an inferior copy of the original VN Shirou devoid of the qualities that made him compelling.
May 9, 2015 9:02 PM

Oct 2014
"cliche anime protag" I still don't know what that means! Please explain!

Is that like every kind of story that has elves in it being utterly generic cliché fantasy stories because they have elves in them? I don't get it! Please help this poor soul!
May 9, 2015 9:04 PM

Oct 2013
Skenn said:
Vanisher said:
On top of my head, some things he said in the last 2 or 3 episodes I could relate too were:

-That there was no reason for me to care about Illya and Caster deaths yet the scenes are made as if we were supposed to care.
-The overall lack of explanations makes a lot of scenes pointless or nonsensical like illya flashback with berserker in the snowfield.
-Rin vs Caster felt like an asspull.
-Shirou is one dimensional and Rin is just a generic tsundere.

-IMO you're not supposed to care much about Caster, at least most people I know never really cared about her while reading the VN. Illya isn't important in UBW, so ofc you don't really care either, people who read HF do tho.
-Idk, caster being weak at close range seems logical I think. I don't really remember how this goes in the VN, but let's face it, VN has quite a lot of stuff that feel like "asspulls" but get explain later out of the VN (material books, interviews, etc...).

-Vanisher just explained why the death scenes were bad. If you're not supposed to care much for the death of Illya and Caster, then why try making their death scenes as if they were supposed to make you sad for them by throwing in all this last minute melodramatic bs.
-A show shouldn't have to rely on outside sources to have things explained. Things should be explained within the show so that the viewing experience doesn't get confusing.
emobuttercupMay 9, 2015 9:09 PM
May 9, 2015 9:07 PM

Mar 2013
emobuttercup said:
Skenn said:

-IMO you're not supposed to care much about Caster, at least most people I know never really cared about her while reading the VN. Illya isn't important in UBW, so ofc you don't really care either, people who read HF do tho.
-Idk, caster being weak at close range seems logical I think. I don't really remember how this goes in the VN, but let's face it, VN has quite a lot of stuff that feel like "asspulls" but get explain later out of the VN (material books, interviews, etc...).

-Vanisher just explained why the death scenes were bad. If you're not supposed to care much for the death of Illya and Caster, then why try making their death scenes as if they were supposed to make you sad for them by throwing in all this last minute melodramatic bs.
-A show shouldn't have to rely on outside sources to have things explained. Things should be explained within the show so that the viewing experience doesn't get confusing.

I agree with that in general, even for something like the Nasuverse where there's a shitload of background for everything, but UBW is a bit of a special case because there is the implicit assumption that you've already read fate, because it was distributed for free in the lead up to airing.

Unfortunately said release was not in english... hence, the source of some of the problems we have around here.
May 9, 2015 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
Well caring about a character's death is a lot to do with personal taste, I don't feel like anyone has to care for Illya's death, but like knowing her parents, knowing she never got to see her father again and was told lies about him by some weird creature taking the form of her mother and being raised for twisted purpose all her life from Zero until now is tough for me to say that she wasn't given enough for people to care. To me she was given enough, it's just some people care, some people don't, personally I care.

Honestly, from the four kids from Zero, Shirou was the only one I didn't care about going into this anime. My personal taste didn't care about some random kid in the fire. Even now, though has more time than Sakura annd Illya I don't care about him, not because he hasn't been given enough to care about, it's just I don't really like the guy and that's that.
Jaywalker.
May 9, 2015 9:10 PM

Oct 2014
You are free to decide whether you want to sympathize with Illya and/or Caster or not. All the series does is giving you one of their background stories, what you make out of them is up to you. It's similar to the witcher were you can consider the witch Abigail to be "good", "evil" or "the lesser of two evils". Actually making it necessary for readers to have definite opinion about a character or otherwise "forcing" them to have a certain stance on them is just pure bad writing. Neither the VN nor the ufoUBW anime commited that sin. As you can see, you are free to like their characters or not. Sympathizing with any of them is not necessary at all to appreciate the rest of the story.
May 9, 2015 9:14 PM

Sep 2014
Epicenter said:
Well caring about a character's death is a lot to do with personal taste, I don't feel like anyone has to care for Illya's death, but like knowing her parents, knowing she never got to see her father again and was told lies about him by some weird creature taking the form of her mother and being raised for twisted purpose all her life from Zero until now is tough for me to say that she wasn't given enough for people to care. To me she was given enough, it's just some people care, some people don't, personally I care.

Honestly, from the four kids from Zero, Shirou was the only one I didn't care about going into this anime. My personal taste didn't care about some random kid in the fire. Even now, though has more time than Sakura annd Illya I don't care about him, not because he hasn't been given enough to care about, it's just I don't really like the guy and that's that.
considering how much material is out there content wise caring about characters has a lot to do with having the full picture. Shirou for example is a character that can't really be fully appreciated until you've gone through all 3 routes imo
May 9, 2015 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
fst said:
emobuttercup said:

I agree with that in general, even for something like the Nasuverse where there's a shitload of background for everything, but UBW is a bit of a special case because there is the implicit assumption that you've already read fate, because it was distributed for free in the lead up to airing.

Unfortunately said release was not in english... hence, the source of some of the problems we have around here.

Exactly. If a material book is going to give you extra info about the world and characters that's not seen in the show, it should give you stuff like fun facts or interesting ideas that aren't required to be known to understand what's happening in a show.
May 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Oct 2011
So anyone want to tell me how Archer has the same ability as Gilgamesh in sending sword projectiles?
May 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
Maloghurst said:
Epicenter said:

considering how much material is out there content wise caring about characters has a lot to do with having the full picture. Shirou for example is a character that can't really be fully appreciated until you've gone through all 3 routes imo

Listen, if I don't like a character or have no connection with their roots, no matter how much time I spend with that character, I'm not going to care if said character dies. Like I always liked kid Rin, I care about Illya and Sakura because of how much the people who loved for them worked for their benefit that they'd never know about and I feel like it would be a waste of their efforts if said characters continued to suffer despite those efforts. For example, I spent plenty of enough time in Zero with Kiritsugu, but I never cared about the fact his dream failed and I didn't care that he died, because I just don't like the guy, in fact I was grinning that Lancer's words came true.
Jaywalker.
May 9, 2015 9:28 PM

Mar 2015
Gov said:
So anyone want to tell me how Archer has the same ability as Gilgamesh in sending sword projectiles?

It's not the same thing
Basically,Archer projection makes him able to copy every weapon (sword/shield) he sees and "traces"
Gil's GOB is his treasure from his glory days, they contain all the treasure he accumulated as a king which includes the original version of many noble phantasms

That's why Gil called Archer " Faker"
May 9, 2015 9:28 PM
Jul 2012
Grey-Zone said:
"Shirou is one-dimensional"? That's nonsensical. If that were the case, Archer would never get into a conflict with Shirou.

the whole conflict between them was literally summed up by rin in one or two sentences just before they went in illya's castle. there's literally nothing to be sais about him besides that he wants to save everyone.

no amount of random vn details excuse the fact that this show(and basically every other type moon adaptation) is mediocre as hell, it's like they can't convey emotion for shit, directing is basic af and dialogues are silly. knk movie 5 is far above any other ufotable show because the director was actually competent, that's why people got hype on that movie in particular and not, say, the first one.
May 9, 2015 9:29 PM

Jan 2009
so its finally revealed that Archer is the future self of Shirou

Aug 2014
Lmao haters from the first series are beating on this.

But that was a cool episode. I like how Archer's identity was basically revealed and everything makes sense. A nicely done plot twist.

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, ah how I wanted to see the full power of Archer, all episode focused on Archer and Shirou, I think everyone has realized who Archer is actually, but stayed for the next episode another great battle and the revelation

While not demonstrating openly, I believe that Archer has much appreciation for Rin, the fact that to have taken she with him is a way to prevent that she from interfering because even facing Shirou not think he wanted to fight against Rin too ..

I agree with Archer about the future of Shirou, even being the protagonist, after all I believe Archer's view is correct, and he stands up for what you think is the best, but now appears another very powerful opponent, as I imagine a fight between Archer and Gilgamesh, I am very excited to continue watching ..
May 9, 2015 9:31 PM

Oct 2014
Gov said:

As far as I remember, Gil can partially control things that come out of his "gates" (see: Shinji falling out of one of Gil's gates but then stopping right before the ground), while Archer can sort of manipulate the swords since they all originate from his internal world. In other words Gil controls the weapons undirectly through the Gates, while Archer can directly influence the weapons.

The abilities are similar, but they are ultimately very different. As Gil actually has the real weapons, while Archer makes copies of weapons, which is also why Gil calls him "Faker".
May 9, 2015 9:33 PM

Mar 2015
Tarextherex said:
Grey-Zone said:
"Shirou is one-dimensional"? That's nonsensical. If that were the case, Archer would never get into a conflict with Shirou.

the whole conflict between them was literally summed up by rin in one or two sentences just before they went in illya's castle. there's literally nothing to be sais about him besides that he wants to save everyone.

no amount of random vn details excuse the fact that this show(and basically every other type moon adaptation) is mediocre as hell, it's like they can't convey emotion for shit, directing is basic af and dialogues are silly. knk movie 5 is far above any other ufotable show because the director was actually competent, that's why people got hype on that movie in particular and not, say, the first one.

Yeah,Shirou is just random guy who tries to save everyone, it's not like the anime (and the VN to a further degree) basically is decontrusting/descontructed what "shonen hero"means

Saying Shirou is just a normal selfless guy, shows you're no better than the DEEN director who cordinated the first F/SN from 2006 and actually had 0 knowledge of Shirou's character
May 9, 2015 9:37 PM

Apr 2011
Oh God, the monologuing! When will it stop?! I'd love to see a whole episode dedicated to stab, stab, and more stabbing. N0pe, it's like a cock tease with this series. Fate/Zero had it too (not as bad surprisingly) but at least there was so much shooting, explosions, and stabbing going on with it. Here most of what I've seen is talk (WHACK) talk (WHOOSH) and talk again. It's annoying, and it's kind of killing the story for me. :/
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 9, 2015 9:39 PM

Oct 2014
Golden_Darknezz said:
Oh God, the monologuing! When will it stop?! I'd love to see a whole episode dedicated to stab, stab, and more stabbing. N0pe, it's like a cock tease with this series. Fate/Zero had it too (not as bad surprisingly) but at least there was so much shooting, explosions, and stabbing going on with it. Here most of what I've seen is talk (WHACK) talk (WHOOSH) and talk again. It's annoying, and it's kind of killing the story for me. :/

Not an action series.
May 9, 2015 9:39 PM

Oct 2014
Tarextherex said:
Grey-Zone said:

Ok, I'll play the role of the captain:
You don't realize that "all about him is to save other people" and it's consequences on himself and everyone around him is the POINT of it all, with emphasis on "it's consequences on himself and everyone around him". What you say is basically dismissing mathematics by saying "mathematics aren't complex, as they have addition and addition is very simple, therefore mathematics aren't complex". In other words you are observing a single aspect (the fact that Shirou is a person who want to save other people), but ignore the other aspects (the consequences - of solely focusing on saving other people - on himself and the people around him) just to strengthen your own claim.
May 9, 2015 9:43 PM

Sep 2014
Epicenter said:
Maloghurst said:

Listen, if I don't like a character or have no connection with their roots, no matter how much time I spend with that character, I'm not going to care if said character dies. Like I always liked kid Rin, I care about Illya and Sakura because of how much the people who loved for them worked for their benefit that they'd never know about and I feel like it would be a waste of their efforts if said characters continued to suffer despite those efforts. For example, I spent plenty of enough time in Zero with Kiritsugu, but I never cared about the fact his dream failed and I didn't care that he died, because I just don't like the guy, in fact I was grinning that Lancer's words came true.
This is what i'm saying. some people don't like or apreciate a character until they have the full scope of them. a lot of people didnt barely cared about lancer until F/Hollow ataraxia. same with Caster. Most people gave absolutely no fucks about Sakura until Heaven's Feel in which they learn to either lover or hate her. it varies person to person some people don't give a shit until they actually know the character tohers dont. there are fans that are a just disgusted by how Saber was handled in F/Z because they have a whole different view on the character. I personaly didnt care much about until i went through FSN. opinions on characters are not static. and can change if they are given various views on the character. it doesnt make it an absolute.
May 9, 2015 9:44 PM

Feb 2015
Golden_Darknezz said:

Grey-Zone said:
So for you only the action scenes matter? That's fine, everyone can have their own opinion on what matters, just take note that action is secondary in the whole Fate/ franchise.
May 9, 2015 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
emobuttercup said:

No, you don't need everything to be explained to enjoy a show.
Do you need to how lightsabers or the Force actually work in Star Wars to enjoy it? OFC you don't.
May 9, 2015 9:52 PM

Apr 2011
xShigarakix said:
Golden_Darknezz said:

Grey-Zone said:
So for you only the action scenes matter? That's fine, everyone can have their own opinion on what matters, just take note that action is secondary in the whole Fate/ franchise.

But what about consistency? If Archer really wants to kill his younger self, why doesn't he go full HAM at any chance to kill him? Instead, he talks to the kid while he's on the ground. Then starts attacking again. I guess it's just me, but I feel the characters don't take the fights seriously. They talk a lot when fighting. Going so far as to pause for about 10 seconds. Does there really have to be talking when trying to kill someone?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 9, 2015 9:54 PM

Feb 2015
Golden_Darknezz said:
xShigarakix said:

But what about consistency? If Archer really wants to kill his younger self, why doesn't he go full HAM at any chance to kill him? Instead, he talks to the kid while he's on the ground. Then starts attacking again. I guess it's just me, but I feel the characters don't take the fights seriously. They talk a lot when fighting. Going so far as to pause for about 10 seconds. Does there really have to be talking when trying to kill someone?

Welll if you are talking specifically about Archer Shirou there are reasons which will be shown in the next couple of episodes.
May 9, 2015 9:54 PM

May 2014
Golden_Darknezz said:
xShigarakix said:

In Archers case, Very much so.

Hopefully that becomes apparent.
May 9, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
Maloghurst said:
Epicenter said:

This is what i'm saying. some people don't like or apreciate a character until they have the full scope of them. a lot of people didnt barely cared about lancer until F/Hollow ataraxia. same with Caster. Most people gave absolutely no fucks about Sakura until Heaven's Feel in which they learn to either lover or hate her. it varies person to person some people don't give a shit until they actually know the character tohers dont. there are fans that are a just disgusted by how Saber was handled in F/Z because they have a whole different view on the character. I personaly didnt care much about until i went through FSN. opinions on characters are not static. and can change if they are given various views on the character. it doesnt make it an absolute.

Fine I'll wait until after Heaven's Feel, but honestly Shirou is going to have do some extreme character gymnastics to make me like him and care for him. Because honestly, I prefer Caster's master over Shirou at this point, simply because I agree with a lot with what the guy had to say. This isn't say Shirou is a bad character, I just don't agree with him or like him.
Jaywalker.
May 9, 2015 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
Golden_Darknezz said:
xShigarakix said:

It's necessary to tell the story, so to speak. If he just kills him without a word... well, he could have done as such in episode 2... but then we'd have no show. It's one of the unfortunate inevitabilities of it being a VN adaptation, which can be mitigated with good storyboards, but that wasn't the case here. You can try and explain it away by saying he thought he had the situation under control and didn't expect that Rin would make a pact with Saber, etc. but fundamentally that's what the problem is. It isn't good filmmaking, the way it was done this episode, but to some extent you have to be willing to just accept the dialogue as an acceptable break from reality, because it's necessary to tell the story which was never originally geared for anime.
May 9, 2015 9:59 PM

Oct 2013
Skenn said:
emobuttercup said:

No, you don't need everything to be explained to enjoy a show.
Do you need to how lightsabers or the Force actually work in Star Wars to enjoy it? OFC you don't.

The light sabers' mechanics and the force's midichlorians aren't required information to understand how luke could lift rocks. We were already given information that the force exists to allows you to do such things, so we can know that luke isn't just pulling rock levitating tricks out of his ass. With Rin's crystals being able to take on Caster, however, it wasn't explained that they were 10 years worth of mana, and we were shown earlier that caster's abilities far surpass any normal humans, so seeing rin's crystals cancel out caster's magic is kinda confusing when you don't realize just how much magic is put into those crystals. That was something that required an explanation. Unneeded explanations would have been something like Rin explaining the entire process of storing up that mana. We don't need to know that, but it would've been at least nice to know that those crystals are filled with ten years worth of mana, showing why they were powerful enough to withstand against caster.
May 9, 2015 10:00 PM

Apr 2011
WrongPriest said:
Golden_Darknezz said:

In Archers case, Very much so.

Hopefully that becomes apparent.

Well at least the story is still great. A part of me just loves the glorious effects and wonders that ufotable loves to shower all over the screen. I want to see more of it''s pretty explosions and effects.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 9, 2015 10:07 PM

Jun 2014
Shinji is mai husbando
May 9, 2015 10:18 PM
Jul 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Tarextherex said:

You don't realize that "all about him is to save other people" and it's consequences on himself and everyone around him is the POINT of it all, with emphasis on "it's consequences on himself and everyone around him". What you say is basically dismissing mathematics by saying "mathematics aren't complex, as they have addition and addition is very simple, therefore mathematics aren't complex". In other words you are observing a single aspect (the fact that Shirou is a person who want to save other people), but ignore the other aspects (the consequences - of solely focusing on saving other people - on himself and the people around him) just to strengthen your own claim.

this doesn't refute that he's a one dimensional character at all, by that logic makoto is a deep character because him banging every girl in his school led to blablabla pregnancy jealousy etc boat.

this anime is about some kid who wants to be a hero but gets told that he can't and the twist is that the most adamant guy on telling him that is his future self, that's it, he isn't a "deconstruction of shonen hero" by any means, freaking naruto isnt as one dimensional: he's a kid who got rejected because he's different, therefore he wants to earn respect but he's clumsy af. He does eventually befriends people, which is surprising because he was isolated during his childhood. See, naruto has actually multiple things you can talk about.

Even goku, a character considered as a gary stu or whatnot, isn't actually really one dimensional, as you can talk about how naive he can be because of believing that radditz would quit earth if he let go of his tail, or how he's actually not a bad father, considering he trained his kids to be the ones to beat the big bas guys, or how himself is still a saiyan who loves to challenge himself but doesn't have a killer's instinct due to him having grown up on earth. Meanwhile: shiro wants to help everyone, his power and him doing housework represents that, oh and he's awkward with girls but he gets carried by them because magic and he needs to be them to fuck them to replenish their magic cuz porn game. fsn really aint shit and delivers on basically nothing despite looking like a cool battle royale story.
May 9, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
i thought rin and saber forming their contract would be more epic but it was disappointing especially for the fact that there was awkward silence and no bgm afterwards when they panned onto archer. also, how in the world is there enough content for 7 more episodes? O_O
May 9, 2015 10:23 PM

Oct 2011
Tarextherex said:
Grey-Zone said:

this doesn't refute that he's a one dimensional character at all, by that logic makoto is a deep character because him banging every girl in his school led to blablabla pregnancy jealousy etc boat.

this anime is about some kid who wants to be a hero but gets told that he can't and the twist is that the most adamant guy on telling him that is his future self, that's it, he isn't a "deconstruction of shonen hero" by any means, freaking naruto isnt as one dimensional: he's a kid who got rejected because he's different, therefore he wants to earn respect but he's clumsy af. He does eventually befriends people, which is surprising because he was isolated during his childhood. See, naruto has actually multiple things you can talk about.

Even goku, a character considered as a gary stu or whatnot, isn't actually really one dimensional, as you can talk about how naive he can be because of believing that radditz would quit earth if he let go of his tail, or how he's actually not a bad father, considering he trained his kids to be the ones to beat the big bas guys, or how himself is still a saiyan who loves to challenge himself but doesn't have a killer's instinct due to him having grown up on earth. Meanwhile: shiro wants to help everyone, his power and him doing housework represents that, oh and he's awkward with girls but he gets carried by them because magic and he needs to be them to fuck them to replenish their magic cuz porn game. fsn really aint shit and delivers on basically nothing despite looking like a cool battle royale story.

While I disagree with the way you put it, I have to agree that the fans of the show hyped this up to be much better than it actually was.
May 9, 2015 10:24 PM

Oct 2014
Not the sources fault that the show fails to deliver on many things.
May 9, 2015 10:27 PM

Nov 2014
orchidork said:
also, how in the world is there enough content for 7 more episodes? O_O

There isn't. Which is why F/SN is divided into 3 routes.
May 9, 2015 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
emobuttercup said:
The light sabers' mechanics and the force's midichlorians aren't required information to understand how luke could lift rocks. We were already given information that the force exists to allows you to do such things, so we can know that luke isn't just pulling rock levitating tricks out of his ass. With Rin's crystals being able to take on Caster, however, it wasn't explained that they were 10 years worth of mana, and we were shown earlier that caster's abilities far surpass any normal humans, so seeing rin's crystals cancel out caster's magic is kinda confusing when you don't realize just how much magic is put into those crystals. That was something that required an explanation. Unneeded explanations would have been something like Rin explaining the entire process of storing up that mana. We don't need to know that, but it would've been at least nice to know that those crystals are filled with ten years worth of mana, showing why they were powerful enough to withstand against caster.

Well maybe they expect people to read/watch Fate before UBW (because that's definitly explained in the first route, and I'm pretty sure Deen's anime did it to for the Berserker fight), but I guess it should have been good to mention it in UBW too, to make it more stand-alone for people who are starting with UBW. I'm pretty sure these people figured out that those crystals are strong magical items that allow Rin to counter Caster's magic anyway tho, even if it's not precise. You already know Rin uses crystals so you may be able to figure out that much I think, it shouldn't feel like an asspull, even newcomers IMO.
May 9, 2015 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
So Rin becomes his girlfriend?

Spoiler of the century.
May 9, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
Archer's identity: Oh my god, I can't even... Never expected that. Mind blown. 5/5
Lack of foreshadow did wonders to this revelation, in my opinion.
May 9, 2015 10:38 PM

Oct 2013
BROLancer gets screen time next episode!!!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
May 9, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2013
VarunaBles said:
orchidork said:
also, how in the world is there enough content for 7 more episodes? O_O

There isn't. Which is why F/SN is divided into 3 routes.

maybe i didn't word it properly but to clarify, i was asking if there's still enough content in ubw to justify 7 more episodes of the show without it being anime original content
May 9, 2015 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
Tarextherex said:
Grey-Zone said:

Or maybe you just don't understand Shirou.
Shirou's only way to feel alive is to try to help people. He doesn't do it because he wants it or because he's a cool kid, that's just the only way he feels like he can live. He acts this way because during his childhood he was saved by Kiritsugu and he feels like he doesn't deserve to because back then he just watched people die while trying to survive. This trauma is the reason he wanna be a "super heroe".
And I won't spoil you UBW or HF, but in both these route he'll grow and change his way of living.

That's not what you call a one dimensional character, and it's definitly more interesting than Naruto or Goku (I don't have anything against these, they serve their purpose, but they aren't interesting at all).
May 9, 2015 10:44 PM

Sep 2014
Epicenter said:
Maloghurst said:

Fine I'll wait until after Heaven's Feel, but honestly Shirou is going to have do some extreme character gymnastics to make me like him and care for him. Because honestly, I prefer Caster's master over Shirou at this point, simply because I agree with a lot with what the guy had to say. This isn't say Shirou is a bad character, I just don't agree with him or like him.
your still not seeing what i'm saying dude...this has little to do with shirou....
May 9, 2015 10:54 PM

Mar 2013
Frankly I don't know why you guys bothered trying to explain in the first place.

Sometimes, you just can't or won't see beyond your initial opinions, and I kinda figured this would be one of those cases.
May 9, 2015 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
orchidork said:
maybe i didn't word it properly but to clarify, i was asking if there's still enough content in ubw to justify 7 more episodes of the show without it being anime original content

May 9, 2015 11:00 PM

Nov 2014
orchidork said:

Oh. I see. Well, let's hope they can.
May 9, 2015 11:02 PM
Apr 2011
3/5
It wasn't a boring episode so it gets that extra fifth but there were some serious deficiencies.

I made a running commentary of the pros/cons I saw...

-Lol to Saber trying to ditch that Beauty and the Beast dress…

-I liked Rin becoming Saber’s master it was guessable from the last episode but not obvious.

-I’ve mentioned this a bunch of times but Shirou's strength/skill/mana etc is inconsistent and is falling into the overused, shounen "powerful as the situation demands" cliche. Before last episode the most he could manage were a few exhausting limp D projections. Now he’s skilled enough to last more than 1 second against Archer, a better version of himself, after getting mauled by Kuzuki and having no regen powers?

-If he’d only been a few seconds faster. Heavy handed irony when Archer fails his goal due to the same dramatic procrastination shit that got Caster/Kuzuki killed. How many chances did Archer have to complete his ONE goal and kill Shirou? Rin is forging a pact with a new servant in real time and archer LOWERS his sword to watch? Even dense-as-fuck Shirou caught on faster and tip toed away as Archer casually bantered with the recharged Saber. It's all good though because EVERYONE that episode procrastinated like fuck. Saber just stood there while archer powered up his UBW and somehow let her new master get kidnapped. Let that sink in. At 100% power, she failed to protect her master against a depleted, masterless servant. In any other circumstance Rin should be dead and Saber would have lost the HGW.

The plot points are sloppily connected which is mainly a fault of sloppy editing and transitions.

-People are going to hate on the CGI but I actually liked the UBW sequence. Deen's was more epic but partially due to the soundtrack and context of nobly fighting against impossible odds.

-I understand Archer was summoned w/o memories, but when did he “realize” Shirou was his target? What was going through his head in E0 when he gave Rin the 2nd pendant and when he didn’t finish Lancer’s job of killing Shirou in the school? Please tell me they will explain that.

-UBW battle was underwhelming. If there is going to be a rage-fueled, Shonen asspull then at least show what happened next…Seriously, the diameter of Shirou's asshole seems to be the only limiting factor in what he can do.

-Take the girl hostage cliché

-Is there a reason why the King of Heroes allowed a faker to set the terms of Rin’s capture? If Gil was depleted after the zerker fight he certainly didn’t show it and he couldn’t have been worse off than Archer who was masterless, post-UBW casting, and had already gotten smashed twice that same that day. Yeah yeah we got that Ryuudou temple scene w/ Gil at the end but it doesn't answer my question.

Further Archer questions. Just started UBW VN so maybe these will be answered for me later on:

-What/when were some of Archer’s previous summonings? It sounds like they were independent of the HGW. Could he have been summoned to Normandy on D-Day to fight Nazis?
-How does one “betray” a heroic spirit?
-Also some explanation about how Archer retains his memories from past summonings. The Fate route in the VN explained Saber’s method so I hope *finger’s crossed* UBW will make the same effort.
Pages (26) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.