Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
May 13, 2015 10:52 AM

Sep 2008
sixplusone said:

If I remember what Saber said after, she did imply that 'he overused projections and his life is in danger'. That's why he fainted out as well in the first place.

I don't see this as a problem like you mentioned to be honest. Feel like we just need to forget about the VN for 1 second, and actually watch the anime for what it is. Because hardcore VN readers will unlikely be satisfied with even the smallest changes in adapatations and that is usually how things roll.

Saber states this assumption which is correct. but 1) Why did UBW go away, 2) How can he use mana he doesn't have, he stated 1 more, how did he do way over that?

Also Archer states using "magic" beyond him will put his life in danger before, but why?

It is explained in the VN...anime? not so much. I can get over AO shit being shoved in, but contradicting things for the sake of "scene" changes makes no sense.

If you can explain, i would like to know. Also didn't mention the fact that for some reason RM crumbled, why? no explanation.

When scenes are changed or added and make sense, i have no issue, when they don't...then i have an issue.

Same as the Kazuki vs Saber scene, she was out for...over a minute, why? All he did was throw her, she's been able to fight with lancers wound so why is she all of a sudden out?

VN explains....her throat was crushed and that "down" time was her healing. What did she have to heal from in the Anime? Her being thrown? that makes no sense when it already shows she heals from wounds (lancer) practically instantly and took berserkers swings like it's nothing...this shows that Kazuki was on similar strength levels, which he wasn't.

I'm not going to even get into how they portrayed WHY Kazuki wrecked saber...
TheUnknownMercMay 13, 2015 10:55 AM
May 13, 2015 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
GARBrotato said:
I mean, there were trees in the way and stuff.. He isn't super man.

Also he tightens his grip on the bow after that scene iirc implying there's more to it than his lousy sounding excuse.
well...he is a superman of sorts....he tightened his grip when he shot berserker with a "bigger" arrow and it didnt do anything.

i understand fully well "why" it's just that it comes off as a cop out to some people.
May 13, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
Maloghurst said:
GARBrotato said:
I mean, there were trees in the way and stuff.. He isn't super man.

Also he tightens his grip on the bow after that scene iirc implying there's more to it than his lousy sounding excuse.
well...he is a superman of sorts....he tightened his grip when he shot berserker with a "bigger" arrow and it didnt do anything.

i understand fully well "why" it's just that it comes off as a cop out to some people.
I meant that he can see far indeed but he can't see through objects. No, he clicked his tongue after that arrow, he tightened his grip after he helped Rin escape and they talked a bit.
May 13, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
Actually, with this episode+15, the connection can be made if you think. I guess.
May 13, 2015 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
This was awesome, I really enjoyed the fight scenes!! Seeing more Archer is always welcome as well :)

May 13, 2015 3:14 PM

Sep 2013
xcess090 said:
This was awesome, I really enjoyed the fight scenes!! Seeing more Archer is always welcome as well :)

Find out next week.
May 13, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
xcess090 said:

i'd say wait for the upcoming episodes to get your answer (lel)
May 13, 2015 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Egh, what an utterly broken episode with disjointed scenes and lack of any real impact. In the end they didn't even manage to capture the feel of original. Not to mention even animation felt very lacking this time, something I wouldn't expect from this studio. CG is not everything, you know. What a disappointment...
(not to mention they made Emiya into even more looser that he was before, Rin, Shirou, Archer... they are butchering main characters pretty hard)

Year ago, many of you praised Ufotable and hated Deen but now when it comes to light that this adaptation is no better it seems that Ufo did actually a lot worse than Deen did before. This season is totally empty and save its first two episodes there is no soul in it.

Edit: And what buggers me the most.. they rushed through things and now they have only two days left to adapt with 7 more episodes to do... basically only three main scenes - actual fight, dolphins, and finale.. do they really need so many episodes to do it? I smell some fillers.
Mich666May 13, 2015 5:19 PM
May 13, 2015 5:58 PM

May 2012
Mich666 said:
Egh, what an utterly broken episode with disjointed scenes and lack of any real impact. In the end they didn't even manage to capture the feel of original. Not to mention even animation felt very lacking this time, something I wouldn't expect from this studio. CG is not everything, you know. What a disappointment...
(not to mention they made Emiya into even more looser that he was before, Rin, Shirou, Archer... they are butchering main characters pretty hard)

Year ago, many of you praised Ufotable and hated Deen but now when it comes to light that this adaptation is no better it seems that Ufo did actually a lot worse than Deen did before. This season is totally empty and save its first two episodes there is no soul in it.

Edit: And what buggers me the most.. they rushed through things and now they have only two days left to adapt with 7 more episodes to do... basically only three main scenes - actual fight, dolphins, and finale.. do they really need so many episodes to do it? I smell some fillers.

iirc the Answer is already confirmed to be 2 episodes long, that's what i've been reading around. If we go by that we can also guess that final battle will be 2 episodes, since there is a lot happening during that battle. Even with the final episode being twice as long.
Still though there are 2 episodes left in between.

May 14, 2015 4:54 AM
Jul 2010
Lol, I like that Rin still has the archer mark on her hand when she now is the owner of Saber.. The UBW reproduction is becoming such a disappointment for me at least :/ first season felt much better (even if that one also had flaws). This one is just way too rushed. And it just feels too formal.. Like, the dialogues and voice actors (with the exception of Rin/Lancer imo). Graphics are amazing, but thats about it :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2015 4:57 AM

Jul 2007
Julle said:
Lol, I like that Rin still has the archer mark on her hand when she now is the owner of Saber..

Its not an archer mark. It is her command spell, it has nothing to do with the class itself. She would always have that style of mark no matter which servant she would have.
May 14, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
In truth, this episode is quite cryptic this time too, but it was also exciting although there was nothing. I'm curious to find out if Archer is really ...! The colors and the sets are always splendid. Emiya is much more badass in his dialogues and his choices, I like!
May 14, 2015 8:54 AM

May 2015
I like that Shirou was more badass than he has ever been before in this adaptation. However everything just felt a bit meh, even UBW felt like it had no impact imo. UBW in the V/N and even in deen's works (both the anime and the movie) felt more impactful and badass. And archer vs saber was actually worse here than it was in the deen movie (which if I remember correctly followed the V/N quite accurately with archer distracting saber by talking about her ideals).

About the looks of UBW itself, this is just personal taste but I think it looked a lot more otherworldy and cool when it was drawn, not CGI.
May 14, 2015 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
Seems like I'm ahead of the anime now :) the later parts are good! xD
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 14, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2015
ooo333 said:
Gov said:
Isn't Saber in her mid 20s? Why are there shippings of a young women and a teenager?

Oh gosh..... oh no...... A Mangina.

Im not a fan of Shirou, but if theres one thing that I dont like more than Shirou, it is Manginas!!!!

"EWWWW, EWWWW. A pretty older chick is talking to me. EWWW!!!"

Pathetic. What the heck? Is this really the male population today?

When I was around Shirou's age (16-18), I had tons of older chicks after me. And did it bother me? Not one bit. I loved it. Not necessarily because they were older, but because they were pretty.

We are males. We look for chicks, specially if we find them attractive. Worrying about her being older, my goodness.

Dont be a mangina.

I think you got unnecessarily angry at this.
SaintEmiyaMay 14, 2015 1:27 PM
May 14, 2015 1:15 PM

Oct 2014
Excuse my ignorance, but what does "mangina" mean?
May 14, 2015 1:20 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what does "mangina" mean?
he's calling him a pussy
May 14, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
Thanks for explanation. Damn why didn't I just google it.
May 14, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2015
Sigh still getting used to this forum, half the time I quote stuff I mess up >.>
May 14, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
hmmm something tells me you probably dont want to....
May 14, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
ooo333 said:
Gov said:
Isn't Saber in her mid 20s? Why are there shippings of a young women and a teenager?

Im not a fan of Shirou, but if theres one thing that I dont like more than Shirou, it is Manginas!!!!

When I was around Shirou's age (16-18), I had tons of older chicks after me. And did it bother me? Not one bit. I loved it. Not necessarily because they were older, but because they were pretty.

We are males. We look for chicks, specially if we find them attractive. Worrying about her being older, my goodness.

Dont be a mangina.

You see that folks? When he was a teenager he had a ton of older chicks. Not like people don't lie on the internet and make up scenarios to further their point.

I don't need a pleb like you to tell me about liking older chicks. I just asked a question and was curious, no need to have a dick measuring contest on an anime forum.

May 14, 2015 1:30 PM

May 2015
Gov said:
ooo333 said:

Dont be a mangina.

You see that folks? When he was a teenager he had a ton of older chicks. Not like people don't lie on the internet and make up scenarios to further their point.

I don't need a pleb like you to tell me about liking older chicks. I just asked a question and was curious, no need to have a dick measuring contest on an anime forum.

The saddest part :(
May 14, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Maloghurst said:
Grey-Zone said:
hmmm something tells me you probably dont want to....

too late. Only then was I finally aware of what the term is composed of... well w/e.
May 14, 2015 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
*searches for mangina*

... I did not need to know that.
May 14, 2015 2:09 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
*searches for mangina*

.....i told you..whatever you do don't google "bluewaffle"
May 14, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2015
astroprogs said:
*searches for mangina*

If you've seen a TV show called Misfits they show a pretty good example of a mangina ;)
May 14, 2015 2:18 PM

Aug 2010
Maloghurst said:
.....i told you..whatever you do don't google "bluewaffle"

Alright then, I'll take your advice to heart. :p

SaintEmiya said:
If you've seen a TV show called Misfits they show a pretty good example of a mangina ;)

Haven't seen it, no.
May 14, 2015 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
ooo333 said:
CookingPriest said:
Its official. Shirou is 100% turned into generic "TEMEEEEEEEEE" shounen protag who just shouts and runs.
But don't worry. Based flawless mary sue rin got 20 minute monologue instead! Shut up already, Rin.

Sir, you have just become an elitist. Youre no longer a casual.
fai a casual? since when? he one of the only few of us that has even read Witch on the holy night.....he's really the only one here that can truely even be called a "hardcore" fan. i wouldnt be surprised if he has the Hisui and Rin bath towels just sitting in his collection somewhere....
May 14, 2015 5:14 PM

May 2015
Can I ask why he's called Fai? From looking at the forums a bit I can see he is famous :P.
May 14, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
SaintEmiya said:
Can I ask why he's called Fai? From looking at the forums a bit I can see he is famous :P.

from what i know, Fai is his username before the whole priest stuff become a thing. He is probably the most hardcore TM fan in these fourms and the one with the most issues with the adpatation. if you look at all the episode fourms, you will see his wall of compliants/criticisms/nitpicks.
all other archers pale in comparison.
May 14, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
Maloghurst said:
ooo333 said:

Sir, you have just become an elitist. Youre no longer a casual.
fai a casual? since when? he one of the only few of us that has even read Witch on the holy night.....he's really the only one here that can truely even be called a "hardcore" fan. i wouldnt be surprised if he has the Hisui and Rin bath towels just sitting in his collection somewhere....

How the fuck can he read it, it's not translated, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know that much japanese.

Unless you mean the demo, but even I've read that.
May 14, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
Maloghurst said:

How the fuck can he read it, it's not translated, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know that much japanese.

Unless you mean the demo, but even I've read that.
by reading japanese. he knows enough of it to read it. but he would probably have to open up his copy of the genki(or something like that) to translate a fair amount of the words.
May 14, 2015 9:42 PM

Dec 2014
TheUnknownMerc said:

To my memory the VN states that it was the one time Berserker had to defend himself. But this doesn't mean he didn't die. In fact I believe that him having to defend himself is because he would have died and did regardless. Hence why Illya then immediately retreated because of the 1 life lost. Her interest wavered because she thought it took the destruction of his "Noble Phantasm" to kill Archer once.

Conjecture, but stuff like this is legit discussion and i have no issues with it...different from the other stuff i complain about.

As i said before I actually think season 2 is worse than season 1...Season 1 i can pass off most mistakes but there are some things in season 2 that i just can't forgive, either because i love the second half of the VN more or because they are just worse mistakes...i have no clue.

Nasu confirmed that it didn't kill Berserker in VN(only in the anime Archer killed Berserker once). Either way it's fairly obvious the VN is trying to imply it didn't hurt Berserker as Saber said (which they passed that line to Rin because there's no way saber would say such a thing).
GradationAirMay 14, 2015 10:06 PM
May 14, 2015 10:01 PM

Dec 2014
SaintEmiya said:
I like that Shirou was more badass than he has ever been before in this adaptation.

EP5
===
VN Shirou: Logically deduced that he cannot match a servant and tries to escape the forest before summoning Saber, blocked multiple blows from Rider AND made a counterattack sending her flying back.

ufotable Shirou: Made it look like he's trying to take Rider head on, and got a surprise buttsecks from Rider

EP7
===
VN Shirou: "I back up with wobbling steps. It's not to run away. I just don't have any power, so my feet move back to try to keep my body upright."

Anime Shirou: keep my body upright

EP10
===
VN Shirou: I can't see it...!? How did Saber avoid such a --- I desperately protect my left side. I hear a heavy sound and the sound of my wooden sword breaking.

Anime Shirou: Protect my left side

I might come back and do more later but since it's really a hassle because there are just so many parts.

EP9 deserves a mention also, but season 2 is where it's at.
GradationAirMay 14, 2015 10:12 PM
May 15, 2015 6:29 AM

May 2015
"ever been before in this adaptation". I thought that was clear enough, I guess I'm gonna have to put more effort into my grammar on the internet >.>.
SaintEmiyaMay 15, 2015 6:46 AM
May 15, 2015 6:42 AM

Sep 2008
SaintEmiya said:
ever been before in this adaptation*. I thought that was clear enough, I guess I'm gonna have to put more effort into my grammar on the internet >.>.

There are Grammar Nazi everyone, be careful.
May 15, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2014
I can't wait to see more of Saber, she's becoming one of my favs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 8:40 AM

Mar 2015
Clefairiess said:
I can't wait to see more of Saber, she's becoming one of my favs.

Well, she has a few moments coming up but she isn't really the focus in UBW
May 15, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
Nice episode. Archer's flashbacks were really interesting, I didn't really expect what he really is.

Unlimited Budget works.
May 16, 2015 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
"Hey Archer!"

Lap1May 16, 2015 4:08 PM
May 16, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
May 16, 2015 4:53 PM

Feb 2013
Awe, the battle was just getting good... then STOP!

How many ways did they reveal the big secret without actually saying it?
May 16, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
BurntJelly said:

"I am the inexplicitness of my talk
[Mouthing is my body and rhetoric is my blood] ¤ [Unclearness is my body, Indefiniting is my blood] ¤ [My speech is ambigous(unclear), My words are elusive]
I have created over a thousands turn of phrase
[Have mastering indetermination to create many puzzles/cryptic states] ¤ [Have become vague/blurry/hazy/elusive/circuitous/obscure to confuse many people]
Yet, those words will never hold any-meaning/anything
Unkown to straight talk, Nor known to conclusion
So as i evade/equivocate

Unlimited Paraphrasing/Prevaricating Works."

Work it as you like.
It was interesting to parody it with this theme~
Lap1May 16, 2015 7:02 PM
May 16, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
BurntJelly said:

like 4 times. it's like the female titan reveal. by the time they come out and say it your suppose to already know.
May 17, 2015 1:05 AM

Jul 2008
Sometimes I do wish that Archer would win...
May 17, 2015 1:07 AM

Dec 2014
WolfWood37 said:
Sometimes I do wish that Archer would win...

Considering how much time they spent characterizing Archer and nearly none at all for Shirou, I find that understandable as well as probable.

Possibly more people would cheer Gil on during the final batter over Shirou as well.

Would be amusing, in its own way.
May 17, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Wait! So if i got this right then Archer is Shirou from the future? Am i right here?
Didn't expect that really.
Also good for me for avoiding such spoiler with all the Fate fan boys around.

Gov said:
ooo333 said:

Dont be a mangina.

Your question was kind of stupid though. What kind of silly mentality would be surprised by someone liking a good looking woman just because they ain't of similar age?
That is close minded foolishness. I guess if you are still a kid you can be excused. Kids mostly seem close minded in such staff because they are still inexperience about the sexual nature of humans and their idea are still restricted to the small world around them.
He wasn't giving a dick contest he was just giving you an example by using his own experience but you let your insecurity take over.
MonadMay 17, 2015 11:27 AM
May 18, 2015 11:06 PM
Sep 2013
Why can Rin still see Archer's past even though she's no longer his Master? Is she just recollecting? And what is up with the cut-off? I assume they're gonna show what happens later on? I don't mind the other things they cut out but how he get Saber to submit by summoning and almost using Excalibur and how he captured Rin are pretty god damn important.

It makes me cringe how the transition from VN to anime makes some scenes seems so unnatural and awkward. Like how Archer is so slow in his attacks on Shirou and how he keeps pausing all the time, it makes you ask, "Why doesn't Archer just kill him?" One of the most noticeable consequences is that UBW's chant had to be cut short. This is a smart move though, it would had been VERY VERY awkward if everyone just stood there and wait for Archer to recite the ENTIRE chant.

I liked that they touched on how Shirou is gonna come up with his Anti-Gilgamesh battle plan though. Understanding how UBW works would indeed be crucial for that plan.
May 18, 2015 11:09 PM

May 2014
That's all Archer chants in the VN too, I don't know how he gets away with casting it without the full 10 counts.
May 18, 2015 11:19 PM
Sep 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Othi-tan said:
That's exactly like the VN.
Cant say anything about the others without subs.

No...He only says Unlimited Blade Works in the VN. The rest is picked up by Shirou. But we can't have him having any internal thoughts, so.

Wait, was that how it happened? I remember him saying the entire chant there in the VN but maybe my memories fail me. This is the ONLY time when the English version of the chant is used though, as Shirou's version that he uses against Gil is the Japanese version, so Archer had to had said the whole thing here. I don't think UBW was invoked in his fight against Shirou. Anyways, like I said, I completely understand why they cut it short.

mira-nyan said:
Grey-Zone said:
It's very different. Shirou didn't just summon Caliburn and destroy everything in his path with it. He copied each sword and collided them to destroy both, which is kind of foreshadowing for the final fight in the series. Well yea, it could have been better. But remember that ufoUBW is probably a bit different from vnUBW, since it was established long ago that the NPs work differently in the anime than in the VN.

Lol, Shirou didn't summon Caliburn #.#

And he can't use it without Saber.

Yes he can, he just can't use it to its full power, which is why they had to use it "together" to kill Berserker 50 times or some shit in the Fate route. This is the case with all weapons he copies; not only is he more of a blacksmith than a fighter, he's also not the original user. Unless Caliburn was a special case, which I don't believe it was.
Pages (26) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.