Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2015 12:57 AM

Dec 2011
Title says it all, just like rate the last movie you saw and etc.

Bloodborne - 9.5/10

Despite some technical hiccups, Bloodborne surpassed my expectations as a PS4 game, as well as being one of From Software's best Souls game right behind Dark Souls. (I still haven't played Demon's Souls but I will soon).
Crzy_MinusApr 23, 2015 1:06 AM
Pages (75) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2015 1:02 AM

Nov 2014
south park: the stick of truth (I finished it about 5 months back) 9/10

I liked the immature/ridiculous/offensive jokes and canada was awesome.
Apr 23, 2015 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Not really a game, but Princess Evangile - 4/10
Apr 23, 2015 2:24 AM

Jul 2014
If I recall correctly, it was Child of Light. Awesome game, I would like more games like it. It would be a nice turn for the rpg scene.

9/10
Apr 23, 2015 3:00 AM

Apr 2015
But MMORPGs never end ;-;
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Apr 23, 2015 6:04 AM

Dec 2013
Monster Hunter 4. I'm still playing it but I really like it ^_^ 9/10
Apr 23, 2015 6:26 AM

Apr 2011
Last game I finished was GTA: San Andreas and I'd rate it a healthy 8/10. What an awesome game, though I'd say that Vice City was better.
Apr 23, 2015 6:56 AM

May 2012
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

5/10, I guess.

Has some replay value, but the story is cliche as hell and there were quite a few bugs I encountered while playing co-op. Got stuck inside a wall when trying to vault over it, got stuck inside an enemy(yes, this somehow happened) when trying to revive my friend, couldn't shoot on some occasions.

Overall, it was pretty fun though.

Has little replay value. You only want to play it again if you're going for achievements/trophies. Managed to get most of them...but they're tedious as hell, so I'm working on it slowly. Insane difficulty was also pretty damn easy, especially with that whole overkill nonsense

Apr 23, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2013

9/10

That was freakin insane!

Playing Demons Souls back in 2010, a few weeks after it launched (I live in the UK), I was so hooked but the difficulty kinda got to me coz I wasn't used to it. Put it off for a bit but jumped back in after the release of Dark Souls. INSANE!!!!

Played Dark Souls. It was awesome and a lil harder in some cases. Disappointed that dying had no real disadvantages.

Demons Souls would cap your health to 50% and make enemies harder aswell as shift your moral to the dark side a bit if you died while alive (with your body/not hollowed) and it was easy to shift to the dark side and enemies became harder the closer you got.

It never did give me that feeling that Demons Souls gave that would make me wanna push myself forward and go on an adventure UNTIL, I reached Sens Fortress. that was cool but then I reached Anor Londo. That was it! I was hooked! Played everyday for hours till I completed it.

Thats probably my favourite area. So feakin huge and spacious with great level design and huge, tough and VERY strong enemies.

Before Sens fortress I put the game on hold because it never captured me until then. it was awesome but never did it for me until then.

Awesome game.

I can't wait to play Bloodborne but I don't wanna buy a PS4 yet.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 23, 2015 4:45 PM
May 2011
tales of vesperia 9/10
fire emblem awakening 10/10

both were great games
Apr 23, 2015 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Half-Life 2
4/5

Half-Life 2: Episode One
3/5

The Evil Within: The Consequence
3/5

Apr 23, 2015 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
Aoiitami said:
Monster Hunter 4. I'm still playing it but I really like it ^_^ 9/10

I am in love with MH4U. Best game in the series hands-down 10/10

300 hours in and I still have stuff to do
MoldyCerealApr 23, 2015 5:24 PM
Apr 23, 2015 5:47 PM

Jun 2013
don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story.

Marvelous 10/10
Apr 23, 2015 6:57 PM

Sep 2011
Finally finished Bloodborne, probably my second favorite in the series after Demon Souls. I'd give it a 9/10. Solid game all around, my favorite combat out of the series. It took me some time to get use to the idea of no shield, but I can never go back now. Only thing I think they could improve on are the areas. I felt like there was less variety in zone design as opposed to Dark Souls 2. I felt Dark Souls 2 had the better world.

Sidenote: Just got the Burial Blade and it kicks serious ass.

omeg4 said:
south park: the stick of truth (I finished it about 5 months back) 9/10

I liked the immature/ridiculous/offensive jokes and canada was awesome.

That game was easily the best video game based on a t.v. series I've played. Hilarious and fun to play. I remember I played the Jew class with the Hasslehoff rhinoplasty. The scene were you enter Canada had me in tears. Also
FullmetalRaikouApr 23, 2015 7:03 PM
Apr 23, 2015 7:18 PM

Dec 2013
I haven't played a campaign or story oriented game in a while so I kind of forget which one I played through last. I think it was the (2013)Tomb Raider.

4/10

Didn't really like it that much. Very repetitive climb and fall scenarios, shitty stealth/shooting mechanics and an overall very unoriginal/boring story line that felt very disconnected from the gameplay.
Graphics/physics/engine weren't anything special either, played it for PC but had a very console look and feel.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Apr 23, 2015 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Dark Cloud 1 - 9/10

That was in January I believe. It's a really simple and repetitive action RPG, but it has this charm that makes it never get tiring or old. I can literally spend 100 hours building customizing my weapons and building them up with different methods and not lose interest. Even though the weapon upgrading/customization isn't particularly complicated, I like it more than in modern games such as CoD.

There's also the Atlamillia which literally put world building into the player's hands. It's a very nostalgic game for me and I'm already raring to play it again, something most next gen games don't do for me anymore.
Apr 23, 2015 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
God of War: Chains of Olympus

9/10

"Gaia: KRATOS WAS NOT SATISFIED WITH THE TASK GIVEN TO HIM BY THE GODS, SO HE WANTED MORE...
Kratos: GODS, IS THIS ALL THAT YOU'VE GOT?!
*Sun falls from the sky*
Gaia: BUT KRATOS KNEW THIS WAS NOT A SIGN FROM THE GODS...
Kratos: WHAT TREACHERY IS THIS?"

The narration made Kratos seem like he was mentally retarded, and made Gaia Captain Obvious. It made it hilarious though.
It's great to know that Kratos is justified in everything he does though.

Anyway, gameplay wise it was quite repetitive, some spells are just fucking useless, some combos on any difficulty other than easy/normal are not advised, L + Square looks fucking amazing as usual, but NO, you don't use that shit otherwise you have NO SUPER ARMOR and NO WAY TO CANCEL AND BLOCK, have fun getting pummeled.

The story was incredibly short though. It was 6 hours on Hard (And I failed a few times too).

It's a 9 because of personal enjoyment. God of War was always pure enjoyment for me.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 23, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Dark Cloud 1 - 9/10

That was in January I believe. It's a really simple and repetitive action RPG, but it has this charm that makes it never get tiring or old. I can literally spend 100 hours building customizing my weapons and building them up with different methods and not lose interest. Even though the weapon upgrading/customization isn't particularly complicated, I like it more than in modern games such as CoD.

There's also the Atlamillia which literally put world building into the player's hands. It's a very nostalgic game for me and I'm already raring to play it again, something most next gen games don't do for me anymore.

Good to find someone else who knows and loves Dark Cloud. It deserves much more popularity.
Have you played 2?
Apr 23, 2015 9:14 PM
Jan 2015
Immahnoob said:

The narration made Kratos seem like he was mentally retarded, and made Gaia Captain Obvious. It made it hilarious though.
Sometimes I do feel like Kratos is retarded. Especially in God of War 3.

OT:

Ib 8/10
It was pretty good but I kinda wanted more interactions between Garry and Ib.
Apr 23, 2015 9:44 PM

Sep 2014
Shadows of the Damned - 7/10

Fun enough game to play, though it felt like a cakewalk on medium difficulty. The boss battles were far too easy, and seemed to drag on for longer than they needed to.
The plethora of innuendo got irritating at times, but there were some funny moments in there.
Apr 23, 2015 9:47 PM

Jun 2014
Persona 3 FES - 10/10

Had just as much fun as the last time I played it. ^^
Apr 23, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2015
Assassin's Creed Brother Hood 8/10
Assassin's Creed Revelations 6/10
Assassin's Creed 2 9/10
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 7/10
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (GameCube) 7/10
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures 8/10
The Legend of Zeda Ocarina of Time 9/10
Pokemon Ruby and Saphire 7/10
Pokemon Emerald 8/10
Pokemon Firered and LeafGreen 7/10
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
Apr 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Dec 2007
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

7 kicks out of 10.
Apr 24, 2015 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
Majora's Mask 3DS- 9/10
Apr 24, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2014
Soul-Master said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Dark Cloud 1 - 9/10

Good to find someone else who knows and loves Dark Cloud. It deserves much more popularity.
Have you played 2?

Can I join? I loved the first Dark Cloud, I spent more than 100h on it. It was my first Ps2 game. And yeah, the second Dark Cloud is even better.
Apr 24, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
Alan Wake - 8.2/10

Excellent story, Good Graphics, Average gameplay.

It was higly enjoyable but it was kind of repeating and controls were kind of sloppy sometimes.
Apr 24, 2015 11:36 AM

Jan 2015
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 8/10

This is actually the first Resi in 5 years that was at least sometimes scary. Some enemies were pure terrifying, shame the scariness factor dropped down with machine guns and other "not really horror-y" weapons. I liked the new sidekick element, finally they are actively taking part in the action and not just running around aimlessly like the previous sidekicks did. Although this "only the sidekick can find items" thing can be pretty annoying. And there is one specific part in the game when you literally have to switch back and forth between characters to progress.

The story was actually very good and interesting, which was nice to see after Resi 6's soap-opera like storyline abomination. I liked how Capcom linked Resident Evil 1 and 6 to this game (Wesker girl, Barry, Claire, mention of several other games' events, etc.). I love Claire, she is my favorite in the series so bringing her back as a protagonist was awesome. Although she looked kinda weird/unusual. Maybe her character design licence expired like Jill's and Capcom had to change it.

The enemy designs looked scary and gross. Playing as the sidekick who can't fight effectively, whenever I got close to these monsters I always ran away in fear. But as I said before, thanks to the more shooter-y type approach (guns that shouldn't be in a horror game...), the times you are legit scared are very rare. The other way to be terrified is to have zero bullets to shoot. So, not really horror-y...Still better than Revelations 1 or Resi 6.

Each episode (there are 4 in total) can be split to two parts. In one, you play with Claire and Moira (sidekick), in the other, you play with Barry and Natalia (sidekick). Because both "tank" characters are the same in terms of gameplay, I'll only talk about the sidekicks. Moira's main item is her flashlight, which can spot items in passive mode and blinds enemies or shows their weak spots to the "tank" character. Her only weapon is a crowbar, which is pretty useless 80% of the time in combat, and she can throw all kinds of bottles too (explosion, decoy, fire, smoke). She is pretty fun to play with, because you are pretty much defenseless against enemies but to use your ability you have to get close to them.
Natalia is a bit different from Moira. Since she is a little girl, she can't hold a crowbar and obviously can't throw bottles except for the smoke one. Her only "weapon" is a brick. This is the funny part, killing a monster takes ~20 bullets but if Natalia throws the brick right, it takes down the enemy in either 1 or 2 hits. Her passive ability is "pointing", which is the same as Moira's flashlight. She can point out hidden items and point out enemies' weaknesses.
She is pretty fun to play with also, pretty much for the same reason. And she can become invisible if she crouches, which is pretty useful.

But the best thing in the game is the co-op mode. It's just so much fun. Finally, you don't have to switch between sidekick and leader, you can play with someone else. It's done really well since you actually rely on each other a lot, so both players are active. While one shoots, the other points out the weakness of enemies to kill them faster and finds items. Also, one specific enemy is invisible for the leading player and the sidekick has to point in it's direction and the leader has to get the spot right.

Overall, this game is still not horror, not even close, but way better than the other newer Resident Evils. Finally, it looks like Capcom is on the right track again.
Apr 24, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4) - 9/10

Finished this like a month or two ago, but a really solid game. The fact that it was drawn, animated and written by one lone developer never seizes to amaze me. Great storyline and really nice gameplay as well. Only complaint is that boss battles were way too easy, but overall, this game took me by surprise with how quality it was.
Apr 24, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
GTA V -8

Still like vice city and san andreas more but it was pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
Mark of the ninja

8/10 Really fun game to play, was surprisingly hard at certain points. Looked and sounded great as well, no real major complaints just a few control issues sometimes.
Apr 24, 2015 5:24 PM

Mar 2013
enslaved odyssey to the west > fun but to easy 7/10
almost like there is no challenge even on hard difficulty same enemies
over and over again, same platform puzzles.......
Apr 24, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2014
Persona Q 9/10
Was very fun. Got 100% completion.
Apr 25, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2015
YorKeY said:
Battlefield 4 PC (9/10)

This is the first time i see someone who actually likes BF3/BF4 campaigns.
anyway.. i recently finished Wolfenstein The New Order and it was a solid game even though the last couple of missions were kinda boring.. it still deserves 7/10
also Metal Gear Solid GZ - even though i had fun playing but it was extremely short.. therefore 6/10
jesus like half an hour and im done with it, i heard it was short but not THAT short.
Apr 25, 2015 5:16 AM

Nov 2012
Akiba's Trip. Awesome game for anime fans and/or otaku (especially if you are familiar with good bunch of tropes of the fandom in general). So many references. Also the idea of wandering in an (pretty much) exact copy of Akiba was very interesting. So was the idea of gathering flyers of actual existing shops, cafés and resturants in Akiba. I really want to visit some of them, if I ever get the chance to actually travel to Japan.

8/10.
Apr 25, 2015 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 (4/10)

It had awesome combat. The plot was all over the place, the tower defense mode was embarrassingly boring and bad (not to mention the funny walking animations being too fast haha). And I saw maybe 10-15 textures in the environment that were actually remade. Some others had an ugly overlay slapped on, and only the main characters looked great. So, yeah only the customization and the combat was the great part about this game.

Apr 25, 2015 5:35 AM

Jun 2011
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Episode 1

The story was so gripping.
The atmosphere was very real.
Gory scenes were really gory and it was just text.
Characters were really good.
I also loved the opening song.
I couldn't stop reading.
I spent my Eastern holidays reading it.
It was awesome.

10/10

Still, I don't have time to read episode 2.
Apr 25, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2015
Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

7/10

EDIT: My mistake, I just finished SM64 yesterday. 100% completion.

For it's time: 10/10

In the modern age: 7.5/10
[size=67]My profile | "A real man is someone who prepares himself for death before he eats breakfast every morning."
Apr 25, 2015 6:01 AM

Jan 2014
Suikoden 2
10/10
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 25, 2015 6:57 AM

Oct 2013
ArdenFolgore said:

I couldn't stop reading.
It was awesome.

10/10

Er....video games dude.

Unless you mean the VN? Not sure if does the whole episode things.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Apr 25, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
BlueScarf said:
Immahnoob said:

Sometimes I do feel like Kratos is retarded. Especially in God of War 3.

OT:

Ib 8/10
It was pretty good but I kinda wanted more interactions between Garry and Ib.
Well, it's understandable, pure rage is always going to make you retarded.
But it's also understandable for why he's so filled with rage, after you play all the games, you'll notice that Kratos was something the gods liked stepping on when they were bored.

Pushing him to the limits for the lulz, kek.

And I agree, Ib was great, but more interactions between Gary and Ib would have made the game even better. After all, the story, atmosphere and the interactions between characters was what made the game.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 25, 2015 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Metro: Last Light. I love the story and everything about it. 9/10
Apr 25, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
Aria-da-Capo said:
Soul-Master said:

Have you played 2?

Can I join? I loved the first Dark Cloud, I spent more than 100h on it. It was my first Ps2 game. And yeah, the second Dark Cloud is even better.

Yeah, first Dark Cloud came early PS2 when RPG were lacking. And it was great. Then came the second one improved everything and fixed many of the gameplay issues.
Where is my Dark Cloud 3, Level 5?
Apr 25, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor 8.5/10

Apr 26, 2015 5:10 AM

Jun 2011
daAmazinFatB0y said:
ArdenFolgore said:

I couldn't stop reading.
It was awesome.

10/10

Er....video games dude.

But VN'S are video games. I know it, because we learned about that in uni (Visual novel is a genre of videogames).
Apr 26, 2015 5:11 AM

Jul 2014
Atelier Ayesha Plus. 7.5/10.
Apr 26, 2015 5:13 AM

Nov 2014
Trails in the Sky, actually replayed.

10/10, one of the best games I've ever played. I don't know why I don't have it in my list of favorite games, really.

Apr 26, 2015 6:40 AM

Oct 2013
AzureDaora said:
Trails in the Sky, actually replayed.

10/10, one of the best games I've ever played. I don't know why I don't have it in my list of favorite games, really.

Good to know. Been meaning to play that.

Have you tried To The Moon? thats supposed to be really good.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Apr 26, 2015 6:52 AM
Apr 2015
ArdenFolgore said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Er....video games dude.

But VN'S are video games. I know it, because we learned about that in uni (Visual novel is a genre of videogames).

You sure? I mean I love VN's but I don't think they qualify as video games its a seperate medium in my opinion
Apr 26, 2015 6:54 AM
Apr 2015
Dragon Age Inquisition

8/10
pretty good and better than DA2 but nowhere near as great as Origins
Apr 26, 2015 6:58 AM

Oct 2013
GTA 5: 8.5/10

Didn't feel as lengthy as GTA 4 (maybe due to the multiple characters), and the collection task is as boring as always.
Pages (75) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
2 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
5 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.