Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 22, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2012
don't act on it. seek help. attend support groups with the rest of the closeted racists.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 22, 2015 9:10 AM

Feb 2015
FishingForPlebs said:
teruu said:

Much more than that. Along with skin colour comes traits and attributes being unique only to that race. Like stealing and lying.

I'm pretty sure stealing and lying aren't exclusive to nor caused by race, but rather by personality.
I mean, mate, you're saying only people of one race steal and lie. I gotta hand it to you, that's a pretty shit argument.

Yeah, no you're right. But it could be more common in said race.
Hello
Apr 22, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2009
Cleo- said:
You actually don't act or say anything racist to hurt someone's feelings? Some people may just naturally be racist and struggle not to be, yet always have racist thoughts that haunt them. They may say the odd racist thing to their friend, but they would never say it to anyone to mean to them. Does this make it ok to be racist? If not, why?
In psychology, the definition of racism is that one must hold a negative attitude AND exhibit negative behavior towards a race. So one who is prejudiced against blacks would not necessarily be racist, and one who discriminates against blacks would not necessarily be racist. This doesn't make it "right", and there are plenty of negative outcomes of simply being prejudiced against a race, however if you keep it to yourself, and I do mean keep it to yourself, there should be no real problems. We do not live in a world where the only way to exist is to be able to treat every other human being like your own family.

teruu said:
FishingForPlebs said:

I'm pretty sure stealing and lying aren't exclusive to nor caused by race, but rather by personality.
I mean, mate, you're saying only people of one race steal and lie. I gotta hand it to you, that's a pretty shit argument.

Yeah, no you're right. But it could be more common in said race.
You are confusing correlation with causation. Noticing higher rates of something like "stealing" in ones race has nothing to do with them being that race. For example, as Ice cream sales go up, so do murder rates. Does this mean that Ice cream causes murder?
Apr 22, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
we have to have racism in the world otherwise racist jokes wouldn't be as funny.
Apr 22, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
This is what happens when you're not racist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

If any of you plan to have children and live in a diverse "country" you should take note, your children are at risk when exposed to "diversity"

Segregation IS the only answer and racism IS natural, even as little kids we are racist and rightfully suspicious of those that are different both racially and culturally. If any of you live in the united states or anywhere that has had many foreign migrants invade, you should take a good look around you and see how segregated your "diverse" country is.

You only have to take one look at Detroit to see how successful diversity is.

Diversity is not the answer and it isn't even an option, people are predisposed to being against it, and lets not try to "further our minds by denying our biology"

Racism is good and should be STRONGLY encouraged, there is no such thing as a diverse community because for community to work you have to commune, something that doesn't happen in "diverse communities"
MdDanielsApr 22, 2015 11:03 AM
Apr 22, 2015 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
listbot said:
We are naturally sexists too. Should be kept separated from other sex forever.

Men and women do segregate themselves, go look at any school and see how men and women tend to end up groups of women and groups of men, but rarely groups of both. Men and women are VERY different, however unlike with race they are no where near as naturally aggressive and suspicious towards each other regardless of context, and are able to commune seamlessly.
Apr 22, 2015 11:32 AM
Mar 2013
MdDaniels said:

that has nothing to be with being racist. The reason those attacks happened is because the police were afraid of being called racist. it's the immigrants using the race card
Apr 22, 2015 11:41 AM
Apr 2013
MdDaniels said:
listbot said:

Men and women do segregate themselves, go look at any school and see how men and women tend to end up groups of women and groups of men, but rarely groups of both. Men and women are VERY different, however unlike with race they are no where near as naturally aggressive and suspicious towards each other regardless of context, and are able to commune seamlessly.

That not the the same segregation. What you mean was supposed to be different community. NO sharing of school, work place, restaurant and shops. Every single race has an independent country is the best segregation. Like Japan having over 90% of same race. So which states will you give it to African, Hispanic or Chinese?
Apr 22, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
No. Let's just get a clear point across, it's never "ok" to be racist.

I understand that some people may have had a racist upbringing, but once you get to a certain age you come to realise right and wrong and this won't be an excuse anymore.
Even if in worst case scenario, a person of a different race has done something terrible, you would be a fool to judge a whole race because of this.
If it's something in the past, such as the slave trade or WW2 genocide, that drives this hatred then you are a fool. You can't expect people to pay for something they had no relation with other than their ancestors.
I would not expect nor ever ask a white person to apologise about the slave trade. In fact, I'd be quite concerned if they did. I am not going to judge Muslims because of the Paris shootings and other things that the news loves to share. You'd have to be a fool to do so.

Apr 22, 2015 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
listbot said:

Don't be stupid. what do you mean separated from other sex forever? Do you want humanity to die out because of such a thing as stupid as being unable to recognise the other gender as equal? Keeping them both separated would make everyone become more sexist.

-

MdDaniels said:

If any of you plan to have children and live in a diverse "country" you should take note, your children are at risk when exposed to "diversity"

Segregation IS the only answer and racism IS natural, even as little kids we are racist and rightfully suspicious of those that are different both racially and culturally. If any of you live in the united states or anywhere that has had many foreign migrants invade, you should take a good look around you and see how segregated your "diverse" country is.

Diversity is not the answer and it isn't even an option, people are predisposed to being against it, and lets not try to "further our minds by denying our biology"

Racism is good and should be STRONGLY encouraged, there is no such thing as a diverse community because for community to work you have to commune, something that doesn't happen in "diverse communities"

Your troll level is over 9000.

Apr 22, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2015
Acheroh said:
listbot said:

Don't be stupid. what do you mean separated from other sex forever? Do you want humanity to die out because of such a thing as stupid as being unable to recognise the other gender as equal? Keeping them both separated would make everyone become more sexist.

-

MdDaniels said:

Your troll level is over 9000.

Nope. He/she isn't trolling and frankly speaking, I tend to agree with them. Yeah Mcdennis, you tell em!
Hello
Apr 22, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Cleo- said:
You actually don't act or say anything racist to hurt someone's feelings? Some people may just naturally be racist and struggle not to be, yet always have racist thoughts that haunt them. They may say the odd racist thing to their friend, but they would never say it to anyone to mean to them. Does this make it ok to be racist? If not, why?

Discuss...

The condition you're suggesting does not exist.
Apr 22, 2015 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
Cleo- said:

Discuss...

LOL. Nope, nope and nope.

No one is "naturally" racist. No one. You aren't born racist. Racism is learned and it can be unlearned. The more you think racist thoughts ,the more you say racist things, the more you begin to believe those things. The more you teach other people to be racist and those people may actually hurt someones feelings even if the original person is careful not to say anything around people directly of that race.

Also you can't just offend and hurt the feelings of the person of that race. People who aren't of that race can have family members of a different or mixed race even if they may not be that race themselves. They may have friends who they love dearly who are of that race. They may be discriminated against themselves for mingling with people of that race. So actually, even when someone is careful not to make a racist joke about a race to that races face, it's highly likely you will hurt someone directly/indirectly at some point, regardless.
Apr 22, 2015 12:13 PM

Feb 2015
It's never ok to be racist.

NEVER
Apr 22, 2015 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
-JonasTheJay- said:

NEVER

Shut up ching chong.
Apr 22, 2015 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
Being racist is a form of association fallacy, so obviously it's not OK.
Apr 22, 2015 12:36 PM
Feb 2014
Race threads are now the new sex threads.
Apr 22, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
JD2411 said:
MdDaniels said:

that has nothing to be with being racist. The reason those attacks happened is because the police were afraid of being called racist. it's the immigrants using the race card

Would not have happened if the immigrants were kept far, far away. And yes if those cops were more racist, they would have acted on it, but the culture of trying to repress racism has given rise to this sort of shit.
Apr 22, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
McDaniels. Youre not really talking about racial issues but immigration improper cultural integration issues and law enforcment issues. You are confused. Race is not on the genetic level so no race is predispositioned for any bad or good behaviour more than another.
Apr 22, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
listbot said:
MdDaniels said:

That not the the same segregation. What you mean was supposed to be different community. NO sharing of school, work place, restaurant and shops. Every single race has an independent country is the best segregation. Like Japan having over 90% of same race. So which states will you give it to African, Hispanic or Chinese?

Yeah racially homogeneous countries is what i'm promoting, Japan has the right idea, but right now for people living in "diverse" countries segregation is what is happening with with each person gravitating towards their own racially homogeneous communities.
Apr 22, 2015 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
traed said:
McDaniels. Youre not really talking about racial issues but immigration improper cultural integration issues and law enforcment issues. You are confused. Race is not on the genetic level so no race is predispositioned for any bad or good behaviour more than another.

They are predisposed to being in conflict with each other. Each race is NOT equal, so how can you expect them to share the same soil? Immigration laws are an issue, but the real issue is the idea that racial "diversity" is something that can actually work, when all the evidence indicates otherwise.

Some races are more intelligent, some are less intelligent, same with dog breeds.
Apr 22, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
MdDaniels said:
traed said:

They are predisposed to being in conflict with each other. Each race is NOT equal, so how can you expect them to share the same soil? Immigration laws are an issue, but the real issue is the idea that racial "diversity" is something that can actually work, when all the evidence indicates otherwise.

Some races are more intelligent, some are less intelligent, same with dog breeds.
Who is they? How is a race not equal when race is not genetic therefore inferiority or superiority can not be inborn by racial means. Again i think youre thinking of cultures not race. Also youre only looking where diversity was bad not where it was good. Racial seporation has done not as succesful as racially diverse however cultures that have too many cultural diveristies do suffer. So there is a good level of diversity and there is a bad.
Apr 22, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
EternalFusion said:
No one is "naturally" racist. No one. You aren't born racist. Racism is learned and it can be unlearned.
At best, this is highly misleading. It might be straight-up wrong, but I haven't spent enough time assessing the evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingroups_and_outgroups
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 22, 2015 1:12 PM
Feb 2014
i didnt know america=detroit

i thought america=alabama
Apr 22, 2015 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
No. To make sweeping generalizations about any group—men, women, Black, White, Asian, straight, gay, etc—is stupid, and we should all strive to not be stupid.
Apr 22, 2015 1:16 PM
Feb 2014
aikaflip said:
No. To make sweeping generalizations about any group—men, women, Black, White, Asian, straight, gay, etc—is stupid, and we should all strive to not be stupid.

watch out bruh dr. daniels is gonna bring in the bob whitaker hypothesis on u
Apr 22, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
traed said:
MdDaniels said:

Who is they? How is a race not equal when race is not genetic therefore inferiority or superiority can not be inborn by racial means. Again i think youre thinking of cultures not race. Also youre only looking where diversity was bad not where it was good. Racial seporation has done not as succesful as racially diverse however cultures that have too many cultural diveristies do suffer. So there is a good level of diversity and there is a bad.

What? right down to the brain and bone structure each race is different, if you think race is not a factor when it comes to intelligence then i'm sorry but you're in denial. Culture is just a product, something that forms over time, but race can also influence that product. Brazil, South Africa, all shitty crime ridden countries and both have something in common, they are not racially homogeneous. Diversity destroys communities. South Africa did better under apartheid.

Sweden was once a great place for women, however now that it is "diverse," it is one of he worst places for women.
Apr 22, 2015 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
MdDaniels said:

What? right down to the brain and bone structure each race is different, if you think race is not a factor when it comes to intelligence then i'm sorry but you're in denial.

Are we back in early 20th century or what? I thought that it was agreed everywhere that the concept of race isn't backed by science, since there are much more genetic variation within the different group of population than between them.
Apr 22, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Well it's never okay to be racist, but as long as you're trying to change or are aware of the fact that it's wrong and try not to hurt others, it shows you're a good person. And let's be realistic, everyone's at least a little bit racist. Does that make everyone a bad person? No, as long as you try to battle that racism and don't act on it.
Apr 22, 2015 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
Syndiciate said:
-JonasTheJay- said:

NEVER

Shut up ching chong.

1vs1 me in rl nigguh
Apr 22, 2015 2:29 PM
Apr 2013
>Culture is just a product, something that forms over time,
>Race is just a product, something that forms over time
We are all Africans you know. We are homogeneous enough biologically. Only homo sapiens left. All others disappeared. USA has never been homogeneous. Is it the same as Mexico or Brazil. I think not. China, a rapid growing country set to surpass USA, is also not built of a single race. What it promotes is also Not segregation.
listbotApr 22, 2015 2:36 PM
Apr 22, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
listbot said:
>Culture is just a product, something that forms over time,
>Race is just a product, something that forms over time
We are all Africans you know. We are homogeneous enough biologically. Only homo sapiens left. All others disappeared. USA has never been homogeneous. Is it the same as Mexico or Brazil. I think not.

No we are not Africans, the out of Africa theory is just that, a theory, and if it were 100% true, just like with dogs humans can evolve separately from others to become more intelligent. At the current rate the USA will end up like Mexico or Brazil.
Apr 22, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2014
Cleo- said:
They may say the odd racist thing to their friend, but they would never say it to anyone to mean to them. Does this make it ok to be racist?
Discuss...

I thought that would make them a pussy.
Oh and just let one do as however he pleases.
Apr 22, 2015 2:48 PM

Oct 2013
It's fine to think whatever you want. Everyone thinks different thoughts than others. However, there is a difference between thinking and acting upon those thoughts. As long as you are not harming others, it's fine to think what you want. I've often heard this theory or idea from other people, but some say that most humans just naturally are racist. Though there may be different extents on how racist a person is, they still judge and look down at other races. This is what I have heard. I don't really support the idea, but I understand why some people may believe this.
Apr 22, 2015 4:06 PM

Apr 2012
EternalFusion said:
No one is "naturally" racist.
Wrong, everyone has prejudice towards people that are different.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 22, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2014
html said:
I don't think it's possible to be naturally racist.
Apr 22, 2015 8:34 PM

Apr 2012
icirate said:
What's actually wrong with being racist though? It's a belief. You don't get angry at people for what they believe in. You get angry at people for committing crimes - i.e. their actions.
Specific beliefs have specific consequences. No, people shouldn't be hauled off to jail for their beliefs, but beliefs guide action, and so if they are wrong we ought to correct them.
Apr 22, 2015 8:35 PM

Apr 2012
Tehqo said:
html said:
I don't think it's possible to be naturally racist.
Doesn't matter what you think when there's evidence against you.
Apr 22, 2015 10:30 PM

Feb 2015
Acheroh said:
No. Let's just get a clear point across, it's never "ok" to be racist.

I understand that some people may have had a racist upbringing, but once you get to a certain age you come to realise right and wrong and this won't be an excuse anymore.

You state your opinion with confidence yet don't provide justification.

Acheroh said:
Even if in worst case scenario, a person of a different race has done something terrible, you would be a fool to judge a whole race because of this.

Leaving aside that that isn't the worst case scenario, what if a statistically significant number of people of a different race are known to do terrible things? Why is it bad to start being wary and making assumptions then?

Solipsistic said:
icirate said:
What's actually wrong with being racist though? It's a belief. You don't get angry at people for what they believe in. You get angry at people for committing crimes - i.e. their actions.
Specific beliefs have specific consequences. No, people shouldn't be hauled off to jail for their beliefs, but beliefs guide action, and so if they are wrong we ought to correct them.

I initially white-texted the now italicized portion of that quote with the hope that you would address the question on its own instead of in the context of the following statement.

So, once again:
What's actually wrong with being racist? We ought to correct 'wrong' beliefs if and when we can, but I don't see how its actually a wrong belief in the first place.

SetsukoHara said:
MdDaniels said:
What? right down to the brain and bone structure each race is different, if you think race is not a factor when it comes to intelligence then i'm sorry but you're in denial.

Are we back in early 20th century or what? I thought that it was agreed everywhere that the concept of race isn't backed by science, since there are much more genetic variation within the different group of population than between them.
The concept that races are inherently different has never been disproved, it's just that you can't admit such things without offending the anti-racist crowd.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 22, 2015 10:40 PM

Feb 2015
traed said:
Race is not on the genetic level so no race is predispositioned for any bad or good behaviour more than another.

traed said:
Race is not on the genetic level

Yeah ok sur- wait no that's exactly what race is.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 22, 2015 10:55 PM

Apr 2012
icirate said:
I initially white-texted the now italicized portion of that quote with the hope that you would address the question on its own instead of in the context of the following statement.

So, once again:
What's actually wrong with being racist? We ought to correct 'wrong' beliefs if and when we can, but I don't see how its actually a wrong belief in the first place.
First, I'm curious why you've picked up this habit of white-texting snippets of your posts. Generally people don't highlight the page to check for that sort of thing, so it really only shows up if they quote you. Seeing as you don't want people to take them into account when addressing the post, are you just confident enough that people usually just hit "quote" and start typing away without reading over the un-BBC'd text? But if that's the case, why the hell do you even include it? Just to have something to fall back on later and say "well, actually I was saying this"? The other possibility is you're kind of just using it for the same effect that spoiler text/smalltext gives: a little addendum that might be slightly off-topic or a remark you, for whatever reason, want to call special attention to, perhaps as being something more controversial than the rest of your post. But if that's your aim, I still think spoiler/smalltext is more effective, since at least people can see it and there's no risk of them missing it completely.

Even though I don't completely get why you do it, it's kind of amusing so I actually want you to keep doing it. Idk, maybe it does impart a particular sense that spoiler/smalltext doesn't capture.
Apr 23, 2015 3:19 AM

Nov 2011
ban race
The Art of Eight
Apr 23, 2015 3:47 AM

Aug 2012
josh_ said:
EternalFusion said:
No one is "naturally" racist. No one. You aren't born racist. Racism is learned and it can be unlearned.
At best, this is highly misleading. It might be straight-up wrong, but I haven't spent enough time assessing the evidence.

Except no. Identifying as part of a group is totally different than actively perpetuating harmful stereotypes to a different group. Having a preference to people you find familiar and similar to you is not not the same as being racist to a group outside of your own.

I feel more comfortable around queer people and mixed people because I identify with their struggles and I identify myself in that "in-group". It doesn't mean I go and start generalizing and marginalizing straight people and single-raced people.

Normal social behavior like what is described on that wiki page is not an excuse for willingful ignorance. Nice try though.

Mob mentality and the bystander effect are social behaviors also. It doesn't make the negative consequences of those social behaviors any more excusable.
Apr 23, 2015 3:58 AM

Apr 2012
EternalFusion can't stop being wrong.
First of, his link does speak about race:

"For example, people may find it psychologically meaningful to view themselves according to their race, culture, gender, age, or religion."

That means an outgroup would be shunned if the ingroups identify themselves by race and culture and the outgroup does not fit the criteria, that means they're being racist. Discrimination based on race? Check.

You're also ignoring me when I reminded you that everyone has prejudice when it comes to people that are different, especially when these people that are different, also are aesthetically and sometimes even physiologically different.

Autocrat said:
Apr 23, 2015 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
MdDaniels said:
traed said:

What? right down to the brain and bone structure each race is different, if you think race is not a factor when it comes to intelligence then i'm sorry but you're in denial. Culture is just a product, something that forms over time, but race can also influence that product. Brazil, South Africa, all shitty crime ridden countries and both have something in common, they are not racially homogeneous. Diversity destroys communities. South Africa did better under apartheid.

Sweden was once a great place for women, however now that it is "diverse," it is one of he worst places for women.
No thats psuedoscience.
http://www.science20.com/gerhard_adam/why_race_pseudoscience-92948
http://www.skepdic.com/iqrace.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/05/race-is-not-biology/276174/
Apr 23, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2012
I also doubt other races actually have more, less or different genes than other races.

They're just phenotypically different, and that is another way to use "race". There are some noticeable physical differences that are based on race though, like black people generally have a higher center of gravity.

Autocrat said:
Apr 23, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
EternalFusion can't stop being wrong.
First of, his link does speak about race:

"For example, people may find it psychologically meaningful to view themselves according to their race, culture, gender, age, or religion."

That means an outgroup would be shunned if the ingroups identify themselves by race and culture and the outgroup does not fit the criteria, that means they're being racist. Discrimination based on race? Check.

You're also ignoring me when I reminded you that everyone has prejudice when it comes to people that are different, especially when these people that are different, also are aesthetically and sometimes even physiologically different.

Hi, can you avoid attacking my character if you're going to reply to me. Thanks. If I can hold back on you, you can do me the curtsy too.

I never said it didn't speak about race. Please show me where I said that.

outgroup would be shunned if
Define what you mean by shunned. If you mean lack of preference for mingling with people of that race okay but if you mean saying things that would be considered racist, nowhere in that article does it say that. And even if it did mean racism was a side effect of that behavior, my previous statement about a social behavior not being an excuse for being ignorant and a bigot still stands.

Ignoring you? from where. I don't recall making that post to you.

Yes, everyone has prejudices. I know that. I'm not arguing whether or not people have prejudices, im arguing whether or not its okay to be blatantly racist around people who you think you won't offend. Having internal preference for your "in-group" is not the same as being racist. It's the difference between being more attracted to people of your own race and saying something racist " (insert race here) are really friggin dumb"
Apr 23, 2015 9:10 AM

Apr 2012
EternalFusion said:
Hi, can you avoid attacking my character if you're going to reply to me. Thanks. If I can hold back on you, you can do me the curtsy too.
Kek, being wrong is an attack on the person? If I tell you that your car is shit, does that hurt you instead?
EternalFusion said:

Define what you mean by shunned. If you mean lack of preference for mingling with people of that race okay but if you mean saying things that would be considered racist, nowhere in that article does it say that. And even if it did mean racism was a side effect of that behavior, my previous statement about a social behavior not being an excuse for being ignorant and a bigot still stands.
": to avoid deliberately and especially habitually <shuns publicity>"

Uhhhh, there's no need for the article to say it, by using the dictionary, your reading skills and a bit of your brain, you can deduce it.

Yes, and I'm telling you that racism is not something abnormal, racism is completely normal and everyone does it.
EternalFusion said:
I don't see the relevancy here, you ignored one of my posts, by making "that post for me" you wouldn't have ignored me, but you didn't, so you ignored one of my posts.
EternalFusion said:
Yes, everyone has prejudices. I know that. I'm not arguing whether or not people have prejudices, im arguing whether or not its okay to be blatantly racist around people who you think you won't offend.
And it is.
EternalFusion said:
Having internal preference for your "in-group" is not the same as being racist. It's the difference between being more attracted to people of your own race and saying something racist " (insert race here) are really friggin dumb"
They're both racist behaviors, having fun yet?

Autocrat said:
Apr 23, 2015 9:37 AM

Aug 2012
Immahnoob said:
EternalFusion said:
Kek, being wrong is an attack on the person? If I tell you that your car is shit, does that hurt you instead?
EternalFusion said:

": to avoid deliberately and especially habitually <shuns publicity>"

Uhhhh, there's no need for the article to say it, by using the dictionary, your reading skills and a bit of your brain, you can deduce it.

Yes, and I'm telling you that racism is not something abnormal, racism is completely normal and everyone does it.
EternalFusion said:
I don't see the relevancy here, you ignored one of my posts, by making "that post for me" you wouldn't have ignored me, but you didn't, so you ignored one of my posts.
EternalFusion said:
Yes, everyone has prejudices. I know that. I'm not arguing whether or not people have prejudices, im arguing whether or not its okay to be blatantly racist around people who you think you won't offend.
And it is.
EternalFusion said:
Having internal preference for your "in-group" is not the same as being racist. It's the difference between being more attracted to people of your own race and saying something racist " (insert race here) are really friggin dumb"
They're both racist behaviors, having fun yet?

You said I can't stop being wrong. If you simply said I was wrong, fine but the continuity of that statement when we have barely talked and when we didn't actually have a full debate the last time I replied to your booty, you somehow think its not a fallacy to say I can't stop being wrong when thats completely relative to the individual reading. If you think my arguments are wrong then debate it. Simplee.

And yes there is a need to say it. The distinction between avoiding or preferring a group and actively engaging in ignorant bigotry needs to be made. They are not the same.

Racism is very normal on this earth. However normal does not equal good. It does not mean it has to be tolerated and it sure as hell does not mean people can't learn to shake those shitty mindsets. Those who refuse partake is willingful ignorance and lack empathy full stop.

Which post did I ignore? You're confusing me. :|

It's not okay. Unless you lack empathy. You know, them sociopaths, them narcissists. Lack of empathy is associated with personality disorders for a reason. Not saying people who are racist have a personality disorder but those who refuse to acknowledge the suffering that racism causes, even micro-aggressions, and continue to perpetuate that behavior full aware that real people are negatively affected by it...Those people who don't even try and are set in their ways, lack a certain humanity.

They aren't. We all have internal preferences. And those internal preferences stay with us no matter how much you get out and get to know people of different groups and no matter how much you have absolutely nothing against different groups. Not the same as spreading hatred about someone for something that was out of their control.
But you know,tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.

And I'm not really having fun :[ try harder. I don't want this half assed unexplained stuff to argue with.
Apr 23, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
EternalFusion said:
josh_ said:

Except no. Identifying as part of a group is totally different than actively perpetuating harmful stereotypes to a different group. Having a preference to people you find familiar and similar to you is not the same as being racist to a group outside of your own.

I feel more comfortable around queer people and mixed people because I identify with their struggles and I identify myself in that "in-group". It doesn't mean I go and start generalizing and marginalizing straight people and single-raced people.

Normal social behavior like what is described on that wiki page is not an excuse for willingful ignorance. Nice try though.

Mob mentality and the bystander effect are social behaviors also. It doesn't make the negative consequences of those social behaviors any more excusable.
Your tone seems to imply that I was trying to vindicate the marginalization of racial minorities. I can assure you that nothing is further from the truth. As a progressive, I find it distressing when other progressives conflate explaining "isms" [/i]with justifying "isms".

At any rate, I think we are just on different pages of the same book. I think it's misleading to say that racism is not natural because I consider in-group/out-group formation on the basis of race — which is a ubiquitous phenomenon — to be the most basic form of racism; preferring your own race is logically equivalent to viewing other races as second best. You yourself admitted to participating in this intuitive thought process. (Even if you didn't, I wouldn't have believed you.)

On the other hand, you seem to be defining racism as when a person consciously, actively engages in discriminatory actions. This is a very strict definition. In this case, I would agree with you that racism is not natural.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

44 by perfectlyquiet »»
4 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
58 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
60 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 1 hour ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
1 hour ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.