Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2015 9:02 PM

Jun 2014
For all hardcore aria fans (like me), are you guys mentally prepared for this? Aria IMO is the best anime or even TV show I've seen and that hype is real.

What saddens me are the folks who watch this for a completion and haven't watched the other Aria series. Happens with the Origination :(
KagamiApr 6, 2015 7:23 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 5, 2015 9:04 PM

Mar 2015
I'm catching up atm but I'm already loving it & hyped :D
Apr 5, 2015 9:06 PM

Jun 2014
HeroKenzan said:
I'm catching up atm but I'm already loving it & hyped :D

Its so worth it! If you ever wanna discuss it hit me up~
Apr 6, 2015 1:08 AM

Oct 2011
I am prepared but just in case will rewatch it once or twice before :)

and rather happy about it - looks like 2015 will be good year for Junichi Sato fans: 4 Tamayura movies, return of Aria so him doing what he is best at (or rather what only he can do, I see no other director good at making this kind of SoL series).
I would be even more happy if at this event they were to announce new project and make Amanchu anime with same staff, that would be sweet.

still hoping against hope that one day they would announce Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou anime - Junichi Sato and Reiko Yoshida are two people who have skills to make it work.
Apr 6, 2015 1:16 AM

Jun 2014
Should be a hype gondola, not a train. :/
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Apr 6, 2015 2:41 AM

Apr 2013
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE GONDOLA. Please change the thread title~
Apr 6, 2015 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Give us hype traghetto & vaporetto instead. xD
I'd like to listening Erino's voice in the ED
Apr 6, 2015 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
YEEEESSSSSSSSSS.
Apr 6, 2015 3:46 AM

Jul 2010
Hmm I haven't read the manga 'til the end, but wasn't Origination already covers the manga 'til the end?

Wonder if this will come from unadapted chapter or something new...

Watching Aria cured my internet and video game addiction back in the day, hope it can cure me again lol
Apr 6, 2015 12:25 PM

Jun 2008
Hype Gondola Torimasu~

I hope they can push past a 1 cour series... I want all the Aria I can get.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Apr 6, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2011
Got bored after watching like the first 10 episodes of the first season

nothing happens
Apr 6, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
Valaskjalf said:

nothing happens

What the hell are you even here for then, you haven't even finished the first season and if you're really going to complain here, you're honestly going to get destroyed very soon.

But in all honesty, I feel so sorry for you since you couldn't enjoy Aria.
Apr 6, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
LeFlower-kun said:

So true ;_;
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Apr 6, 2015 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
Currently rewatching Aria now, I'm falling in love with Animation all over again. This combined with the four part Tamayura movies have pretty much made 2015 for me. I have 100% faith in it with Sato Junichi confirmed as the director.
Apr 6, 2015 7:24 PM

Jun 2014
Fixed~
Apr 7, 2015 5:59 AM

Jan 2014
Im really excited about this new Aria TV-anime/movie/OVA and really curious what kind of role Alicia will play within the story. :)
Apr 8, 2015 6:06 AM

Jul 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
For all hardcore aria fans (like me), are you guys mentally prepared for this? Aria IMO is the best anime or even TV show I've seen and that hype is real.

What saddens me are the folks who watch this for a completion and haven't watched the other Aria series. Happens with the Origination :(

Same here. Aria is the best ever anime for me too. So far, and I guess forever. I liked a lot of titles, but none come close to top it off for me. Not Suzumiya Haruhi, not Tamayura, not GJ-bu, not Hyouka, not Jinrui wa, not Lucky Star, not Nodame Cantabille, not Oregairu, not NouCome, not Nanana, not SYD, not Working!, not SeiZon, not Shirobako, not Sora (Otoshimono / Manimani), not Tempest, none even after so many years passed. I enjoyed these titles a lot, but none as overflowed as Aria. =D

It made me want to live there. It was slow paced but I really love it. I even re-watched all seasons at least once.

Hopefully this will be another absolute beautiful animation. =D

Though, I wonder what they'll do with Athena's va.
kazewaApr 8, 2015 6:16 AM
Apr 8, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2014
kazewa said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Same here. Aria is the best ever anime for me too. So far, and I guess forever. I liked a lot of titles, but none come close to top it off for me. Not Suzumiya Haruhi, not Tamayura, not GJ-bu, not Hyouka, not Jinrui wa, not Lucky Star, not Nodame Cantabille, not Oregairu, not NouCome, not Nanana, not SYD, not Working!, not SeiZon, not Shirobako, not Sora (Otoshimono / Manimani), not Tempest, none even after so many years passed. I enjoyed these titles a lot, but none as overflowed as Aria. =D

It made me want to live there. It was slow paced but I really love it. I even re-watched all seasons at least once.

Hopefully this will be another absolute beautiful animation. =D

Though, I wonder what they'll do with Athena's va.

Yeah, no show or game has ever pulled me in as much as Aria did. It was amazing and a life long memory.
Apr 11, 2015 6:00 AM

Dec 2008
I've watched all of aria a dozen times now, because it just makes me calm and happy, I'm definitely prepared for more, though the long wait will be insanely hard ....5month ;_;

I also hope it'll be a series after the origination, but with a few episodes where akari tells stories about the past to Ai while training, so we also get to see stories from before they became primas as well :D
Apr 11, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2011
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Yeah, no show or game has ever pulled me in as much as Aria did. It was amazing and a life long memory.
Closest thing in terms of mood is of course Tamayura - it's not perfect but it works.

as for best series or one I enjoy most - I'll say it's Aria is tied with Azumanga Daioh. and as much as it will sound strange I find them really similar: slow pacing, focus on characters, feeling that author really likes characters he/she created and mood.

and there is ofc Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (same kind) but it's class of it's own and I don't think anything will come close to it's level.
Apr 11, 2015 5:15 PM
Aug 2013
LeFlower-kun said:
Valaskjalf said:

nothing happens

What the hell are you even here for then, you haven't even finished the first season and if you're really going to complain here, you're honestly going to get destroyed very soon.

I haven't finished the first season either... but totally fell in love already.

After a cold start now i encounter myself totally unable to miss my daily shot of Aria.

Is enough to be welcome to the gondola? i can wear two gloves!

I cant believe that something that old that casually picked up actually has a scheduled secuel!

That wat synch!
Apr 17, 2015 11:54 PM

Mar 2008
Valaskjalf said:

nothing happens

well, your loss then. personally I started to REALLY like Aria during the second season.
also, I never recommend to try to marathon it, quite the opposite. 1-2 episodes after a stressful day work like a charm
Apr 19, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
I'm hyped, more so than I've been in a long while. Been years since I've had this feeling, for an anime at least.
BeryllusApr 19, 2015 5:05 PM
Apr 20, 2015 2:33 PM
Sep 2007
Totally ready for this. Aria is easily one of my top favorite anime. The announcement made me want to go rewatch the show again. I hope it is at least a couple eps long, or at least longer than an average episode.
Apr 21, 2015 2:26 PM
Feb 2015
I wonder what format it's going to take.

I'm only a little into the Natural right now, but I don't think an anime has left as deep of an impression as Aria has (which is why I'm taking it nice and slow lol).
Apr 26, 2015 11:38 AM

May 2008
Just finished another marathon of Aria and I so cant wait for this! The animation looks great and all so the hype is there!
Apr 29, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2008
You know what else? I'd love fo that Marriage of the Sea Chapter to be animated *o*
May 1, 2015 5:07 PM

Oct 2011
Valaskjalf said:

nothing happens
/
well, it can't be help. Me too, when the first time i tried Aria back in 2011 (the year where i start watching anime) i got totally bored and i drop it instantly after first episode. About 3 years latter, after watching soo many tittle i carve something new, something relaxing, especially something more beautiful than clannad. Then i gave Aria a second chance, and i'm really glad i did. Aria is the most beautiful and the most relaxing anime i've ever watch.
It's a change of atmosphere after you watch nowadays anime which almost has the same pattern over and over.
May 4, 2015 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
i need more aria, ovas or special episodes idc

May 5, 2015 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
Allow me to help all of you who are re-watching it, I finished the series about a month ago, then heard the announcement so perfect. I love this series, some worthy episode notes are below.
Aria the Animation: 7,11
Aria the Natural: Very Start / Post Episode 16 good stuff especially the gondola arc and the cat express one.
Aria the Origination: Post episode 8
Oh and watch the OVA

^^^
That should sum up the episodes you should watch to hype yourself up, watching every single episode again can be tiring. I know there were a few I found boring.
Very few, like 2-3 episodes. Episodes 5-8 Of Natural if I remember, they were just trash.
May 6, 2015 1:27 AM
Dec 2011
This makes me warm inside
Cute, not pedo.
May 6, 2015 12:44 PM
Oct 2014
my favorite show is hunter x hunter, which pulled far away above all other shows I had watched, but when I watched aria it did the same and became my number 2 favorite up in that special world above all the other anime with hunter x hunter. I don't know if I will ever see something so heart warming again. The only down side is that feel when you will never live in neo Venetia
May 16, 2015 5:37 AM

Mar 2008
ha-ha-hazukashii serifu kinshi!!!
May 16, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2008
I was just on a trip to Venice last week on a long weekend holiday and it was just amazing, I had put all the OST of the series into my phone and just wandered around Venice while listening to it really felt like I was part of Neo-Venezia.

I so wished I was dragged into Kamano-sensei's world but going to Venice listening to ost was the closest I could get while visiting locations that appeared in the anime.
May 26, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2010
I can't wait for more waifu Aika moments and her trademark remark (more like the series' itself)

The hype is real!
May 29, 2015 12:59 AM

Jun 2014
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
May 30, 2015 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
Every time I remember that this is happening I feel so happy. Bring on September.

Fabrice said:
I was just on a trip to Venice last week on a long weekend holiday and it was just amazing, I had put all the OST of the series into my phone and just wandered around Venice while listening to it really felt like I was part of Neo-Venezia.

I so wished I was dragged into Kamano-sensei's world but going to Venice listening to ost was the closest I could get while visiting locations that appeared in the anime.
That's awesome.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 4, 2015 8:47 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah a lot of people I know are just boarding the hype train without watching the previous seasons. I'll likely wait till this is finished before starting the franchise.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 6, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2013
Fabrice said:

You're so lucky, mate..
Jun 6, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2013
Apparently the Avvenire will consist of three OVAs, one with each boxed set of the three existing anime series, but I'm not sure if this info is accurate or not. Regardless, more Aria is always a good thing.
Jun 6, 2015 9:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tienjt said:
Apparently the Avvenire will consist of three OVAs, one with each boxed set of the three existing anime series, but I'm not sure if this info is accurate or not. Regardless, more Aria is always a good thing.
well it was on ANN and fairly in-depth so I'd say it was pretty legit

still dunno what to expect from this given that the manga is already finished and that this'll be all new content... I mean Origination's ending was about as conclusive as it gets
Jun 7, 2015 5:37 AM

Oct 2014
HaXXspetten said:

still dunno what to expect from this given that the manga is already finished and that this'll be all new content... I mean Origination's ending was about as conclusive as it gets

There will be a new manga chapter served as the base for the third episode of the OVA, so call it as an epilogue after an epilogue.

As for how I react to this news..

I'm the guy at the right side.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Jun 7, 2015 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
YES YES YES
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 8, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
Tienjt said:

Damn, made a thread on this before realizing you already posted about it.

Still, I feel complete..
Jun 8, 2015 9:28 PM
Oct 2011
I just started to watch Aria and boy!! I hasn't stoped yet, I think by the time Avenire is realease I will already finish Arietta and Origination Drama Specials, this anime is so damn good!
Jun 8, 2015 9:29 PM

Jun 2014
xStarlightEX said:
I just started to watch Aria and boy!! I hasn't stoped yet, I think by the time Avenire is realease I will already finish Arietta and Origination Drama Specials, this anime is so damn good!

Glad you're enjoying it~!
Jun 12, 2015 2:43 AM

May 2012
xStarlightEX said:
Welcome to the fandom! :D

Jun 12, 2015 6:31 PM

May 2012
=~200 days is to long for more aria dude lol
Jun 13, 2015 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
I don't know. I felt like the Origination ended perfectly. What else is there to go over? Ai will go through the growing pains of entering Prima status just like how everyone else did.
Ah whatever, I'm gonna look at it this way: Let's check in and see how these characters, who I've spent so much wonderful time with, are doing right now. How are Akari and Aika adjusting to their new status? How individually stronger is Alice now? How is Alicia coping as a homemaker? It's like a family reunion and I hope it's good.
mell4444Jun 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Jun 15, 2015 9:34 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
I just finished the Origination last night and I don't know how I will be able to handle these 3 months until the Avvenire is released. I can't even begin to imagine how people who finished the series in 2008 are feeling about this.

Personally, I pray this will not backfire, the Origination ended in the best possible way, and after a long time without new material this could be a disappointment.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Oct 10, 2015

86 by Muow »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Oct 3, 2015

71 by Muow »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Sep 25, 2015

109 by Muow »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:51 AM

» Picture Drama

BernieSorbet - Apr 11, 2016

6 by TyrantRC »»
Jan 2, 2023 8:16 AM

» Character Designs [UPDATED 6/13]

-Karoshi- - Apr 5, 2015

14 by ernietheracefan »»
Sep 13, 2015 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.