Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
May 11, 2016 7:42 PM

Sep 2011
You know the anime is great when it almost makes you tear in the first episode with like no character development at all.
Jun 21, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
I can tell that this show will be pretty heart wrenching later on. I don't know if I'll be ready for that.
Jul 3, 2016 10:29 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not looking forward for a heartwrench, that's for certain. But will it be worth it? I'd watch a series with a funny cast like that, but they obviously putting a lot of drama here together with comedy. I wouldn't like to watch it just to be heartbroken in the end. The're making Isla so cute, just to kill her, don't they?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jul 15, 2016 11:32 AM
Mar 2016
i guess i already know the ending of this :|
it was a good episode though.
it made me cry a little.
poor granny.
so sad.
Aug 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Oct 2008
YESSSSS!!!! Piss (hue-hue) poor comedy scene right after a overly serious melodramatic moment that just got introduced just a few minutes before it happened.

Its Charlotte all over again! Glorious schlock awaits.
Dec 10, 2016 1:47 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Didn't get in the tearjerking wagon unfortunately. Will have to see how the other episodes play out.
Dec 10, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2008
Jeez... that was unexpected. They seriously went all out on the feels for the first episode. I'm intrigued to say the least. Excited to see what else is in store.
Dec 11, 2016 10:46 AM

Oct 2016
So far this have my interest right now, really like how the plot is, but it's making me kinda sad :-/
Jan 14, 2017 2:42 AM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Well this is going to be depressing.

Jan 22, 2017 9:49 PM

Dec 2016
Gonna need another box of tissues for this series, I just used the other one up watching Planetarian.

I really like anime's where I can laugh and cry.
Feb 26, 2017 5:54 PM

Nov 2016
First episode and I'm already crying. This looks promising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 2:22 PM
Jan 2012
You know, the very concept of this work is kind of creepy. So you can buy androids and do whatever you want with them for roughly nine years? Creeepy. Imagine how many people bought androids to have them as sex dolls or whatever.

That being said, I really enjoyed what I watched. That obnoxious angry girl aside, the cast is really fun. The main girl surprised me as I thought she would be just a generic emotionless girl. The main boy didn't do much, but he was inoffensive so far.

Good stuff. The ending will either be extremely sad with the girl being deactivated or they will find a way to keep her alive somehow. I wonder if I am right?
Aug 2, 2017 6:14 PM

Nov 2015

First episode and they want the feels to hit hard. Well, it's easy to do that when taking away something from old people, at least that always gets me.

I don't know, was the first scene when Tsukasa was a kid? When He first saw Isla? I don't know. Anime characters look (and commonly are) so young that I can't grasp difference.

Isla is...is a kuu but I'm not sure the best kind. The comedy relief is well received to counterbalance the feels so I'm not complaining.

Another thing to note is that I liked how they didn't massive infodump us. Instead of telling us what the job consisted on, how the androids work and how they are supposed to be recovered, they showed us.
Aug 2, 2017 9:51 PM

Jun 2017
C̷̵̶̢̢̨̛͔͓̹̬̩̠̰̘͎̗̣̪̠͚̮̫̗͇̮̳̪̖̠͎̗̣͔̳̪͎̠̭͙͕͔̃͆̑́͊̆̊ͨ̽̋̓ͨ̓̏̓͗ͦ̓̏̀̿̈́̍͆̋̃ͣͤ͋ͩ̈́̽́̄͐̀̔̓̿ͣͩ̆̋ͭ̇̀̈́̆ͫͧ̂ͯ̾͂͋̔̈́ͨͪ̒̑͆̈́̒̔̌͋͘̕̕͟͟͢͜͞ͅ͏̸̸̧̛̣̪̼̭̳̥̱͈̞̜̦̟̭̺͔̳̦͆̏ͭ͋̋ͭͮ̏ͮ̂ͬ̈́̈́ͯͦ͗̕̕̚̕͢͠ͅ
C͔͓̹̬̃͆̑́͊̆̊ͨ̽̋̓ͨ̓̏̓͗ͦ̓̏̀̿͘͟ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็นิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิินิิิิิิิิิณ้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้็็็็็็็็็็็็็ีีีีีีีีีีีีีีี้้้้้้้้้้้ถ้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ีีีีีีีีีีีีีีีีีีีี็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ณ้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้็็็็็็็็็็็็็ีีีีีีีีีีีีีีี้้้้้้้้้้้ฟ่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่่็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Sep 2, 2017 5:53 PM
Jul 2016
Really interesting plot. I guess every episode will more or less leave a bitter after taste. That whole idea seems pretty cruel, sure 9 years and 4 months is long but inthose circumstances it must feel all too short. I´m gratefu lfor the humorous end scene to take lighten up the mood, I would appreciate that everytime from here on out if it goes on like this.

But this is considered one of the top saddest animes after all, so it´s all just about barricading the door and hold out for as long as possible, becuase sooner or later the feels will break through it. It´s inevitable.

Isla´s bladder & face for a second I thought she did it in the car xD
HilariumosisSep 7, 2017 8:27 PM
Mar 27, 2018 11:11 PM
Dec 2017
The saddest first episode ever 😥
May 6, 2018 7:54 PM

May 2010
Oh man, I can already feel this one will be trying to make me cry as many times as possible ;_; First ep and it already succeeded. Come on, lonely elder people and crying kids are two things that ALWAYS manage to make me cry, that's too much for the very first episode dammit!

Plus I already love main heroine, she's both adorable and funny. Let me guess, she dies at the end, right? I wouldn't be surprised, there were so many hints already :| Hope I'm wrong about it though, for once I actually like main girl best...
Jan 1, 2019 8:47 PM

Aug 2017
So, a sci-fi show about androids and the feels.

So far, the comedy is better than the drama. Also, there is some issues with the change of tone. Amazing animation.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 23, 2019 9:29 PM

Feb 2019
Holy crap dude. I've only cried once in an anime and it was the very end of Kaede's arc in Seishun Buta Yarou (after all that character development). The first episode -watching the little girl get retrieved- almost pushed me to tears. I'm a bit pensive about committing to the rest of the series; I don't think I'll have enough tissues. Great animation too! :))))))))))))))))
Mar 27, 2019 12:21 PM

May 2016
This was absolutely wonderful, full of emotions though.
Apr 6, 2019 1:21 AM

Feb 2017
I think the diary part was to show that the Giftias don't have the same reservations about keeping secret confessions that humans do. The blonde guy telling all of orange hair's info like age and work experience ties into that too.
Jun 14, 2019 9:50 AM
Apr 2016
Well, that was a definitely promising first episode. Interesting world they're living in. It's fascinating to see people's relationships with these androids. The last car scene was hilarious, hahah.
Jun 14, 2019 9:51 AM

Oct 2017
2ego said:
Well, that was a definitely promising first episode. Interesting world they're living in. It's fascinating to see people's relationships with these androids. The last car scene was hilarious, hahah.

It's not all fun and games. Just throwing it out there.
Jun 14, 2019 9:52 AM
Apr 2016
Hikki_a1 said:
2ego said:

I mean, I think it's public knowledge that this is supposedly a tragic story. It's everywhere, in recommendations, etc.
Jun 14, 2019 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
2ego said:
Hikki_a1 said:

I mean, I think it's public knowledge that this is supposedly a tragic story. It's everywhere, in recommendations, etc.

Oh ok lol. Keep tissues near you as a safety precaution.
Jun 14, 2019 9:55 AM
Apr 2016
Hikki_a1 said:
2ego said:

Don't worry, I'm an insensitive bastard. I am looking forward to the story, though.
Jun 14, 2019 3:37 PM

Oct 2017
2ego said:
Hikki_a1 said:

Don't worry, I'm an insensitive bastard. I am looking forward to the story, though.

Hahaha lol, alright.

(30 characters)
Oct 18, 2019 6:09 PM
Mar 2017
I decided to watch the first episode at school, "how could I cry at the first episode of a drama series?"
I
Was
Wrong
Dec 29, 2019 8:23 PM

Sep 2017
I feel like the premise has a pretty gaping hole? They're going to lose their memories/personality anyway, so why is there resistance? The service our company provides is essentially just IRL assisted suicide where we allow patients to die with some dignity. This is exactly that except we "kill" the androids before they start to malfunction etc so they can "die" while properly saying goodbye etc.

In fact, scratch what I said about resistance. It does make sense that there is resistance. What our company is doing is basically forcing assisted suicide on people. Imagine how fucked up that would be irl!

Unless further information changes the circumstances, any owner of one of these androids (also probably with the androids consent) should be able to sign off on whether or not we get "assisted suicide" when their "life span" is about to run out. I mean wtf right? Some ppl might be fine having memories and personality fade to some degree, whereafter you call upon the services. I guess it depends on how quickly they die. I mean if the memory is completely gone in like 2 days what's the point. I can't recall if they told us that information.

Anyway I was constantly thinking about this the entire episode so it kinda distracted my emotions, but it was a touching story anyway.
ProofByColorDec 29, 2019 8:54 PM
Oct 4, 2020 9:30 PM
Apr 2018
The premise sounds depressing. All those people got attached to the androids... I think the direction this will take is quite obvious but nevertheless, I found this quite entertaining.

Red-haired boss looks annoying af.
Jan 10, 2021 8:54 PM

Aug 2019
i'll give it that, first episode was good, and seems like a pretty interesting anime overall. The plot has it's sweet moments with jokes, but i can see this being a rather dark story. Characters currently for me, seem to feel more on the iffy side rn, but i'm sure that'll change. Visuals feel about, 2015 yeh xD Nah fr tho, the visuals are decent, especially with the very creative sci-fi genre, i'm interested to see what type of ideas this studio has.

Honestly i'm not surprised that this specific job can feel "unrewarding" i mean, these people are practically acting as the Farryman for androids. Ngl i can definitely foresee this job actually taking mental tolls on the characters, it's not everyday you have to convince or assist someone to let go of a loved one.

Also, getting a lot of Detroit Become Human vibes from the general world this anime is set in (far-ish future, android being used for family purposes and such) which i'm pretty interested about, cus i [bl]ove[/b] Detroit Become Human for both the story and world design.
Mar 6, 2021 4:52 AM
Dec 2020
When they mentioned there is some like Giftia i knew the girl was going to be an Giftia.

Are there any series that have android girls? i can remember only no game no life movie.
Jan 20, 2022 7:47 PM

Apr 2019
well, hopefully the ending to this anime isn't crazy depressing. Pretty interesting so far.
Sep 26, 2022 11:32 AM
Aug 2019
story-wise rather boring
filled with typical anime protagonist moments that absolutely don't fit the tone
incredibly cheap try to reach for an emotional response
Jan 3, 2023 7:47 AM
Jan 2021
If you are parting with someone then this one hits already.
Kinda afraid of what comes next tbh.
Jan 4, 2023 8:42 PM
Dec 2020
I like the way they introduce everything. The characters, the plot, the objective of the job. Even just the opening of the episode.
Feb 10, 2023 3:00 PM

Mar 2019
Nice first episode although I can definitely see what's going to happen in the ending and I'm scared, but for now everything is happy! 

Really liked the 2nd half of this episode but the main character needs to think more. There were some funny moments which I liked, especially the doorbell part and also Michiru is amusing so I'm looking forward to this.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 27, 2023 6:29 AM
Sep 2021
is there any hope for season 2?
Mar 8, 2023 1:30 AM

Dec 2022
What a depressing profession this is.
Giftias still need to use the bathroom? Seems like a redundant function in androids, but what do I know.

Shaded Horizon

May 13, 2023 11:43 PM
Oct 2021
I'll be honest I was expecting some Blade Runner type story here where he has to identify them before decommissioning them but that's not what this is at all. It's a shame they didn't make the robots distinct in any way.
Jun 29, 2023 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
To be fair, "at least have tea with us" would have probably worked on me, lol.
Aug 20, 2023 5:32 AM
Aug 2023
A cool start. Robot human thing is a bit... idk
Dec 16, 2023 11:33 AM
Dec 2023
It's so interesting in name into characters and the first all of begin on romance
Dec 22, 2023 4:39 PM

Dec 2018
That was so sad. How DARE they create "artificial souls" like playing God? One, they don't even know what a soul is, two, the violation to create something only for it to suffer and be treated as a tool is just so disgusting. Artificial soul my ass, those tears were real. And so are mine :'[

One thing I'd like to add: there is a double entendre in the show's name. Plastic as in non-organic or artificial sure, but also in neuroscience we have a thing called "neuroplasticity". Not sure if it's intended but that would be cool. It means that the neuronal connections can change, break, attach; all kinds of things that lead to different outcomes in behavior, understanding, development, et cetera. The brain is a constantly evolving organ (some think that the question of sleep is deeply rooted in this).

No one will read this I'm sure but if you do I hope you find it as cool as I do.
StateofOhayoDec 22, 2023 4:44 PM
Dec 27, 2023 12:34 PM
Sep 2022
so sad man i cried all night with this episode
Dec 27, 2023 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to StateofOhayo
That was so sad. How DARE they create "artificial souls" like playing God? One, they don't even know what a soul is, two, the violation to create something only for it to suffer and be treated as a tool is just so disgusting. Artificial soul my ass, those tears were real. And so are mine :'[

One thing I'd like to add: there is a double entendre in the show's name. Plastic as in non-organic or artificial sure, but also in neuroscience we have a thing called "neuroplasticity". Not sure if it's intended but that would be cool. It means that the neuronal connections can change, break, attach; all kinds of things that lead to different outcomes in behavior, understanding, development, et cetera. The brain is a constantly evolving organ (some think that the question of sleep is deeply rooted in this).

No one will read this I'm sure but if you do I hope you find it as cool as I do.
@StateofOhayo

I actually read the latest of my favorite every few months or so, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2023 2:51 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to FMmatron
@StateofOhayo

I actually read the latest of my favorite every few months or so, lol.
@FMmatron I'm glad you read it; this show made me cry like a baby.
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

Feb 2018
Finally starting to watch this. It'll surely be an emotional ride <_>

Got some goofy moments and sadge moments already at ep 1 lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM

» Tsukasa new partner (episode 13) ( 1 2 )

KeitaIssei - Jun 27, 2015

52 by saikyozero »»
Jan 2, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.