Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, a lot of narratives from Kureha...and not only that, the amount of symbolism continues to follow in this show.

Didn't take long for the others to make their move against the bears. SHOOT. That's actually a pretty cruel way to get rid of some of the bears tbh. Not that I should be surprised at the unorthodox methods used but really, a ray gun machine?

Mar 16, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2015
I didn't see the ep because i don't find the raw but a ray gun machine? Lol where

Edit: this was a quiet episode, i don't know why they in the official picture of yuri kuma they drawed Oniyama and not Oki...anyway a shock ending after the ED...i didn't expect, Kureha is in the S**t.
XenocrisiMar 16, 2015 10:10 AM
Mar 16, 2015 9:42 AM
Mar 16, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2015
Stark700 said:

Ahahaha yes, poor Yurikawa Konomi xD is useful in this anime ahahahah.
And who is the bear that Oki killed? xD

This anime will not finish good for me.
Mar 16, 2015 10:25 AM
Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Edit: this was a quiet episode, i don't know why they in the official picture of yuri kuma they drawed Oniyama and not Oki...anyway a shock ending after the ED...i didn't expect, Kureha is in the S**t.

She might not be in the official preview image but she did show up in the starter guide:

Mar 16, 2015 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Stark700 said:

How you guys watch the episode already? Please tell me the website so that I could watch it.
Mar 16, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
Fortress400 said:
Xenocrisi said:

How you guys watch the episode already? Please tell me the website so that I could watch it.

http://www.anime4fun.com/yuri-kuma-arashi-episode-10
Mar 16, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 2012
This series never fails to entertain me.
Mar 16, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
Jakerams said:
This series never fails to entertain me.

Yes, YKA is the best
Mar 16, 2015 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
A ray gun machine, that's surprising me!

Poor Kureha, she got some misunderstanding at the end.
Mar 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
Lulu is jealous of kureha yet she helped kureha for ginko's sake & got banned from being a girl. Messed up

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 16, 2015 12:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That a gun tho O_O

It's about freaking time that Kureha opened her eyes...Her moments with Lulu were very sweet in this episode :) But alas poor Lulu/Best Girl got the short end of the stick TwT

Finding out what happened at the end of her mom's book was great....The ending of it was predictable but it was still cute

That cliffhanger makes me feel like something bad is going to happen....
Mar 16, 2015 12:40 PM
Sep 2014
Those school girls are messed up. Blaming everything on Kureha. I guess them saving Kureha was a trap to lure out Lulu and other bears.
Mar 16, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
Yet more hints at the "perception of the world" and what is a girl and what is a bear, because the separation between the worlds does not make sense in physical sense.

Either way all comes back to the court of severance holding control over them both. Till that wall between "girl" and "bear" breaks, they will continue dictating the rules and making people chose. Once that "wall"("the Mirror") is broken , there will be only one world, one where its inhabitants can see and approve more than their own images of their own preferences and lifestyles.

The show continues to carry a VERY strong message upon labels and prejudice.
Mar 16, 2015 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Cyborg dead bear=Ex-lesbian?
Using it to fight against bears.

Presumably,it is parallel to when argument that people are born homosexual and can't change being countered with ex-homosexual.
Mar 16, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
So... is it possible that Kureha once was a bear, but doesn't remember it?
That way it would make more sense why she lost her memories.
Her amnesia was the price.
Mar 16, 2015 1:47 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Now everyone is after Kureha, wow! And Lulu is on the other side of the door of friends. I don't know if we will ever see her again :/

Kureha on the trial surprised me, i don't know what to think about that though.
Mar 16, 2015 1:47 PM

Mar 2011
Maybe it's actually about abandoned dogs :-D < /troll >
Mar 16, 2015 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode. The highlight was Kureha and Lulu, especially when Kureha was carry Lulu(in bear form) to the Doors of Friendship. I thought it was nice when Kureha hug Lulu and said "I won't let a friend be excluded!" But damn did she really have say no she's not her friend before Lulu went inside the Doors of Friendship? Maybe said that to save Lulu's life from being killed from the school girls or she really meant that? I understand she hates bears because Yurika was the one who killed her mother but still.
Mar 16, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2007
It was a good episode. The highlight was Kureha and Lulu, especially when Kureha was carry Lulu(in bear form) to the Doors of Friendship. I thought it was nice when Kureha hug Lulu and said "I won't let a friend be excluded!" But damn did she really have say no she's not her friend before Lulu went inside the Doors of Friendship? Maybe said that to save Lulu's life from being killed from the school girls or she really meant that? I understand she hates bears because Yurika was the one who killed her mother but still.

She clearly said it so Lulu would not try to come back and risk her life again.
Mar 16, 2015 2:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Loved the interactions between Kureha and Lulu this episode. From the bath scene until the moment she saw her off were really nicely done.

Chuko was probably suspecting Kureha from the start, seeing how the bitch caught her off-guard. >.<

Was the Ginko at the end, planning to eat Chuko? o.O

Decent episode. Yuri trial for Kureha should be something interesting to look forward to.

Mar 16, 2015 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
Well, I was right about the court having the ability to take memories, they also gave a possible answer for the first time gap.

Ginko, when she was still with Kureha she petitioned the court to become a human, per the rules they took her most precious thing. This would explain why Kureha lost her memories before Ginko left. Though notice that they did not specifically say that Ginko petitioned the court at that time instead of later, so the explanation could be a red herring.

Besides we still have the second gap remaining (the one about Ginko being a criminal bear before meeting Lulu (though I guess the mere want of being human, could be the criminal act). I am sure this will be touched on before the end.

Nice couple of twists there. Was that Yurika's corpse under the tarp? Wonder how Kureha picked that up so quickly.

I was correct also that the court's job is to watch, though the final episode/judgement should be fun to see. Looking forward to Ginko next episode. How will love defeat desire?
Mar 16, 2015 3:36 PM

Oct 2014
The interaction between Kureha and Lulu were very, very good and explained why Kureha couldn´t rememberd about her time with Ginko.

The "Goodbye" - scene made me sad, especially because of the things Kureha said to Lulu. I know she did that on purpose, but still... ;w;

Kureha in the Yuri trial now. I wonder what will happen next.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Mar 16, 2015 3:55 PM

Jun 2013
These cliffhangers are killing me!!
Mar 16, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2013

Mar 16, 2015 4:17 PM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed this episode, but some of the symbolism was a bit heavy-handed. I cringed at the whole "I've revealed the secret of how the patriarchy dictates if, and under what conditions, lesbians get to be normal girls; this is what 'they' hate the most, so now I can never be a normal girl again" part. The radical message, per se, doesn't bother me, but the delivery struck me as obnoxious. Still, I'm excited to see how things wrap up.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 16, 2015 5:18 PM

May 2013
Hmm why was Ginko sent back in the first place?

That's... not creepy at all.

Yay, a happy ending?

No underwear too lol, so daring Kureha.

Everyone's feelings of each other seem to change all the time. The inconsistency is really throwing me off, making this anime even more confusing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh wait, what? F*ck that's so cute and sad. Deja vu.

Ouch, that was cold Kureha.

Ginko will sav/e/at(?) Kureha!
Mar 16, 2015 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
Whenever I watch this...I just think: "Kureha is kind of a bitch".

Like she treats everyone like shit, and is in denial all the time. Cant blame her class for wanting to exclude her. Piss her off and she shoots you and wont call you her friend.

Seriously, Lulu went totally out of her way for her, even losing her ability to be a girl, and Kureha wont even call her a friend. I would assume bears can outrun humans too, so Kureha carrying Lulu didn't really mean dick.

I like happy endings, but I kind of want to see Ginko eat her just as a form of karma.

Anyway...so everyone is going up against Kureha now; the class, Ginko in the bushes...and even the Court of Severance?
CookingPriest said:
Either way all comes back to the court of severance holding control over them both. Till that wall between "girl" and "bear" breaks, they will continue dictating the rules and making people chose. Once that "wall"("the Mirror") is broken , there will be only one world, one where its inhabitants can see and approve more than their own images of their own preferences and lifestyles.

Yea this basically means that Shaba da-doo is pretty much the true antagonist. They say they are following Kumalia's will, but they are the ones who dictate what is cool/sexy/acceptable. They are the ones who make people choose and sacrifice things to cross the wall. If the wall between "bears" and "humans" was torn down, there would be 1 world and the CoS wouldn't be able to dictate things anymore. Lulu would have had to make any of the sacrifices she made.
Mar 16, 2015 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, so maybe this has already been answered, but I still don't get it...

"Death" = Exclusion....Right?

So....where are all the people that have "died"?

I mean, they didn't really die in the sense of their existence being gone forever....

Or are all the people that have died not really people but metaphors?

Like that girl that "ate" Sumika....she was actually Ginko's "desire" or some shit like that?

And Sumika is a representation of something too....right?

But then.....ARGH....I don't think I'll ever properly understand all of this....
Mar 17, 2015 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
Lulu doesn't get shot because Kureha save her, so who is that unlucky bear?

If the judgement can turn bear into human, then can it also turn human into bear? Will we see Kureha with bear form?
Also, does the judgement ever denied "yuri" ?
Mar 17, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2015
When kureha opens the door of friends reminded me Narnia.
Mar 17, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Xenocrisi said:
That's it! I was thinking of Narnia as well. I knew that it reminded me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it, haha.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 17, 2015 11:55 AM

Oct 2012
Xenocrisi said:

Yeah. the wardrobe in "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
Mar 17, 2015 12:27 PM
Mar 2015
So in order for yuri or kuma to interact without undergoing judgment, they were going in the (freestanding furniture) closet?

...I meant that as a joke, but after Kare and his ruby slippers I wouldn't put it past Ikuhara (though my earlier thoughts that Ikuhara might be playing with Goldilocks what with three bears persuing a blonde in the early episodes turned out to be nothing.)
GrungehamsterMar 17, 2015 12:43 PM
Mar 17, 2015 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
Jonesy974 said:
Whenever I watch this...I just think: "Kureha is kind of a bitch".

Like she treats everyone like shit, and is in denial all the time. Cant blame her class for wanting to exclude her. Piss her off and she shoots you and wont call you her friend.

Yes, of course, because having her mother killed by a bear and then being indoctrinated and misled by the person who took over caring for her (who she trusts and believes) yet still feeling like the beliefs and views she's being taught don't fit her, being excluded by her class from well before the series started because of this, losing her only friend (who is also her lover) to a bear thus bringing back all the hatred and rage toward bears from when her mom was killed on top of what she's feeling from losing Sumika, and now having all sorts of things happen and vague memories resurface that are causing her to further question herself and the world she lives in just means she's "kind of a bitch". Are we even watching the same show?

Jonesy974 said:
Seriously, Lulu went totally out of her way for her, even losing her ability to be a girl, and Kureha wont even call her a friend. I would assume bears can outrun humans too, so Kureha carrying Lulu didn't really mean dick.

I thought it was obvious, but that was a lie. Kureha told her that to hopefully keep her from trying to cross back through the Wall so she wouldn't get found and killed. Also, Kureha carrying Lulu may not have meant much in the incredibly literal way you mention, but it did mean a lot in terms of Kureha's character. She's come to realize quite clearly that Lulu and Ginko, despite being bears, care about her and that she truly cares about them. She's trying to protect Lulu, who both she and Ginko care about. That's a huge change from how she was before. There's also the clear parallel between what Kureha did for Lulu and what her mom did for Ginko. So, yes, Lulu may have been able to run faster than Kureha, but that's hardly the important thing in that sequence of events.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Mar 17, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Grungehamster said:
So in order for yuri or kuma to interact without undergoing judgment, they were going in the (freestanding furniture) closet?

Yes. The bears that come out of the closet are hunted and killed.
Mar 17, 2015 3:35 PM
Oct 2012
Sejin said:
Jonesy974 said:
Seriously, Lulu went totally out of her way for her, even losing her ability to be a girl....I would assume bears can outrun humans too, so Kureha carrying Lulu didn't really mean dick.

Lulu may have been able to run faster than Kureha, but that's hardly the important thing in that sequence of events.

Not to mention people were looking for a bear running, so there was a higher chance that she would have been spotted had Lulu ran for it.

As for Lulu losing her ability, she lost that when she gave up on helping Ginko achieve her dreams. Which brings up an interesting point, why it was the court who told us Lulu's back story. Lulu couldn't have because for her, what was most important, the knowledge of her younger brother, was probably taken away from her, though she recalled it at the end (the honey pot) when she permanently converted back to a bear.
Mar 17, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2012
The mirror imagery has proved a very strong way in gradually getting its messages across. The Door of Friendship is just too clever lol.

Fai's idea of the Court being a representation of viewers that dictate what is cool in yuri etc was strengthened by that "Rule is cool" line. Well and the fact that they are actively dictating the rules of interaction between the two groups.
Mar 17, 2015 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
CookingPriest said:
Grungehamster said:

Yes. The bears that come out of the closet are hunted and killed.

But what does "Kill" really mean?

Where do they go?

Where is Sumika and the Mom and everyone else....
Mar 18, 2015 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that brings clarity even on the few mysteries that still exist, despite the linearity of the plot, I still find it interesting history. Finally, we can also understand more about the court of love.
Drawings and animations excellent, can not wait to find out how the story will end.
Hilarious review Konomi version cyborg. LOL
Mar 18, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
You know, this show would have been much more interesting as a deconstruction of both yuri and yaoi, and the similarities and differences in the tropes they use.

As of now, however, this show is a cognitively dissonant mess. It's an indictment of fanservice while reveling in it. In its fantasy world only queer women matter in the slightest. There aren't even any men besides three humanized depictions of the patriarchy and one tiny brother who...is a humanized depiction of the patriarchy.

But whatever, people will be yelling from the rooftops about how this is the GREATEST SHOW EVAA because Iku-fucking-hara made it. Fuck me.
Mar 18, 2015 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
Damn, almost cried. Lulu is such an awesome character.
Mar 18, 2015 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
Kureha lost her mesmeries of Ginko because Gnko gave up her love for Kureha.

Lulu is sent back to the Kuma to be protected.

Kureha reanacing her mother saving Ginko

Kureha being Judged????
Mar 18, 2015 11:23 PM

Jun 2014
I really don't think i'm smart enough for this show.
I feel like im missing ALL the symbolism.

I REALLY don't understand Kureha's actions at all.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
You were amazing Kureha! protecting and saving Lulu from those swat girls/KMTG special whatever vehicle.
So that garden was really a secret passage across Severance which serves as portal to the Kuma world.
This time Ginko might be again the one to save Kurechin!
1st time Kureha seen those danzetsu trios! since its always phone on all the previous contacts (i like that specialized ringtone this episode!)
matias067Mar 19, 2015 9:34 AM

Mar 19, 2015 10:14 AM

Jan 2015
matias067 said:
This time Ginko might be again the one to save Kurechin!

Emmmhh...nope, i don't think are her intentions lol
Mar 20, 2015 11:35 PM

Feb 2013
Lulu is best girl.

2 more episodes to go, and now Kureha being judged by the court.
Mar 21, 2015 5:27 AM
Apr 2014
Poor Lulu :( Hope she'll be fine on that side.

But damn did she really have say no she's not her friend before Lulu went inside the Doors of Friendship?

Could have been to prevent Lulu from trying to come back. I mean as you said she "won't let a friend be excluded". Wouldn't make sense to say it like that if she didn't think of Lulu as a friend.
Mar 21, 2015 9:17 AM
Mar 2015
So, are we assuming that the Yuri Trial scene is from the post-credits scene is going to be the standard "teaser shows you the cliffhanger for the next episode" type thing, will it actually show the trial and then make the results (either the judgment is held off for the next episode or what the obvious yuri disapprove or kuma dissaprove actually means since we have zero clue of the actual extent of their authority/power), or will the trial scene be fairly early in the episode so we have more time when the series can throe in the last minute symbolism curveballs (looking at you, Swords of Hatred and Humanity's Boxes)?

Oh, and I really haven't seen this put out as explanation anywhere, but want to state if it's not the common perception: I think the Judgemens came from the asteroid/planet Kumaria and introduced themselves to the bears as agents of her, either intentionally or a case of "white gods" syndrome where their self-identifying as aliens is confused for self-identifying as angels. They promoted the yuri/kuma conflict by making it into a holy war (heck, no sign of Kumarianism in Ginko's flashback was after she said the Day of Severance happened at which point the church is prominent in the lives of orphans), somehow convincing the humans to take action and build the wall that the Judgemens could then use as headquarters.

It ties together interviews and the starter guide comparing Judgemens to angels with an actual explanation of what happened on the Day of Severance to cause bears to "rise up" since we've seen bears have all the same abilities except for an option to ditch the ears on top.

Or is the Day of Severance just supposed to be another one of on of those "That'll do for an explanation" moments (warning: spoiler on the one thing everyone knows about the Utena movie): http://ohtorian.tumblr.com/post/114062395157/dotesmite-great-ikuhara-moments
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2015

107 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2015

140 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2015

194 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

417 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2015

167 by sketchy12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.