Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (124) « First ... « 120 121 [122] 123 124 »
Feb 19, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
Actually never seen much of any but I pick naruto for the german op... believe it

RIP bleaches relevance. Hard to believe at one point it was near the same level of fame as naruto.
ChromephoneFeb 19, 2020 10:54 AM
Feb 19, 2020 10:53 AM
Jul 2019
I thought one piece naruto and dbz are considered as big 3
Feb 19, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2016
Obviously One piece,and despite how people feel about the anime I still like it and find enjoyment from it.
And also,I don’t understand how people can simply brush off the fact that Naruto has one of the highest amounts of filler in shounen lol,it isn’t any better than One piece in terms of pacing.
SummerynFeb 19, 2020 11:10 AM
Feb 19, 2020 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
None of those, don't like them artistically nor story-wise.
Feb 19, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2019
Can you include an "I hate them all" option in the poll maybe?
Feb 19, 2020 11:03 AM
Feb 2018
For me, One Piece > Bleach > Naruto.
>>>>> Fairy Tail, i couldn't like that one.
Feb 19, 2020 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
One Piece of course. Is that even a question?
Feb 19, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2014
I haven't seen any of them so I can't choose one.
Feb 19, 2020 12:35 PM

Nov 2019
Lol. One Piece and Naruto are dominating the polls as expected.

It's quite simple for me really. Naruto is my favourite anime of all time. So it is Naruto. No matter how many better shonens I watch, Naruto will always stay close to my heart and will be the best anime for me.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 19, 2020 12:36 PM
Mar 2019
Missaliensan said:
Obviously One piece,and despite how people feel about the anime I still like it and find enjoyment from it.
And also,I don’t understand how people can simply brush off the fact that Naruto has one of the highest amounts of filler in shounen lol,it isn’t any better than One piece in terms of pacing.

Yeah but you can just google the filler episodes and skip them, it really isn't much of an issue unless you watched it weekly
Feb 19, 2020 12:45 PM
Jan 2019
Missaliensan said:

Probably because you can skip filler, so at the end of the day it really isn't a problem. Also One Piece has some of the worst anime pacing in general, Naruto's fillers allow it to have decent pacing. Dressrosa arc alone couldn't even adapt a chapter per episode for the most part, that's unwatchable lol
Feb 19, 2020 12:47 PM

May 2019
One Piece easily, though i only read it and don't plan on watching the anime any time soon. Naruto is decent but it was slowly turning into shit as it progressed, and of course Bleach was good for one arc and was almost painful to watch afterwards.
Feb 19, 2020 12:48 PM
May 2019
The general consensus is:
1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Bleach

But I'm just gonna vote for Fairy Tail it was more enjoyable than any of the big 3.

Feb 19, 2020 12:48 PM

Jun 2019
biswa290701 said:
Lol. One Piece and Naruto are dominating the polls as expected.

It's quite simple for me really. Naruto is my favourite anime of all time. So it is Naruto. No matter how many better shonens I watch, Naruto will always stay close to my heart and will be the best anime for me.

^ This. It's perfectly up my alley in terms of storytelling. The things some people have problems with (the tragic backstories, the flashbacks) I actually really enjoy.

Missaliensan said:

Filler lists.

Feb 19, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2018
One Piece is by far my favorite.
I don't even see Naruto or Bleach as part of the big three.
Also I haven't watched them yet.

SPRING

Feb 19, 2020 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
Naruto for me , rest I never been interested in watching (no offense feelings or hate against them, they aren't just my type)
Feb 19, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2019
One Piece (pre time skip)>Naruto>Naruto Shippuden>One Piece (Post time skip)>Bleach

Overall I would still say One Piece even thought the post time skip is meh.
Shoko664Feb 19, 2020 12:59 PM
Feb 19, 2020 1:16 PM
Feb 2013
One Piece, easily. Granted, I stopped watching the anime around the Marineford arc, so if you're talking about the anime exclusively, idk (it was getting really drawn-out even then, and it sounds like if anything it's worse now, especially since Oda is regularly taking weeks off but the anime keeps going). But going off their base content, One Piece is by far the best. Fairy Tail had an interesting setup, in terms of setting and characters, but eschewed that early in its run to instead be the most cliched, typical, predictable battle shonen ever. Naruto started off strong and stayed good for a decent while, but it's all slowly downhill from the Chuunin Exam arc (excepting the Hidan/Kakazu arc, which imo is on par with the early arcs), and quickly downhill starting at the Kage Summit arc, when the power creep and bloated cast cause the whole setup to collapse in on itself and undermine the themes it was trying to impart at the beginning. I've never watched/read Bleach so idk.

Attackonfiller said:
I don't know why you would add Fairy Tail of all things as a bonus lmao

AFAIK, the Big 3 originally referred to One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach as the Big 3 of manga, since they were all so popular, long-running, had also-long-running anime adaptions, and were published in the same magazine. When Naruto ended, Fairy Tail was the next most popular thing, so people naturally decided that there was still a Big 3, just that they had swapped one out (despite Fairy Tail being published in a different magazine, and the anime being out of production for a while). Since Bleach ended, I don't think anyone thinks the Big 3 is really a thing anymore, but some people did think of Fairy Tail as being part of it for a minute there.

Feb 19, 2020 1:24 PM

Dec 2016
Surprised One Piece isn't winning by a wider margin considering it's supposedly the most beloved and least flawed of the 3.
Feb 19, 2020 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
I read and watched all of big 3,4 or even 5 and agree with
Kobayasan said:
One Piece easily, though i only read it and don't plan on watching the anime any time soon. Naruto is decent but it was slowly turning into shit as it progressed, and of course Bleach was good for one arc and was almost painful to watch afterwards.

Feb 19, 2020 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
The only reason why Bleach is behind Naruto in this poll is because most Naruto fans didn't even read/watched Bleach. It is understandable because Bleach anime finished airing years ago, while many users here are new to anime lol.

(I will probably understand if One Piece win by landslide, but there is no reason for One Piece and Naruto make a big 2 by leaving Bleach far behind except because of recently bias.)
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 20, 2020 1:22 AM

May 2018
One Piece is the most watchable from the bunch. It has weird, unexpected and interesting stuff going on once in a blue moon.

The rest are mainly Obnoxious Boys Doing Obnoxious Things.

DeadWeeaboo said:
I haven't watched any of them... How are they the big 3(4?) anyway?

You see, when you add the second season of Dragon Ball that those 5 become 3. Anime logic 101.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenFeb 20, 2020 4:58 AM
Feb 20, 2020 2:09 AM

Jan 2010
I've watched all three.
I dropped Naruto after Inoshikacho vs Hidan & Kakuzu
Bleach is only great up until Hueco Mundo arc

So, One Piece is my favorite among the three. It's also my all time favorite anime.
Feb 20, 2020 4:50 AM
Apr 2017
I love them all, but there is some problem in each one
my order
1-Naruto- war arc and so many memories in each episode
2-Bleach - Greatest fights but weak story
3-one piece - the hero always win

4-Fairy tail -friendship and the hero always win
Feb 20, 2020 5:00 AM

May 2009
Posts #6049 to #6085 merged from a dupe thread.
Feb 20, 2020 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Big 3 are all my childhood anime. My favorite one is One Piece of course (because the characters are very likeable). I used to like Naruto a lot before (my first anime) but due to many unnecessary fillers, I'm getting tired of it. And Bleach, thanks to the worst female character ever a.k.a Inoue Orihime I dropped it after Arrancar Arc, the anime would've been better without this garbage character.
May 13, 2020 1:17 PM

Feb 2019
Gintama if you can consider it as one in a long run but it's still primarily a comedy series. Other than that hunter x hunter is also pretty good.
May 13, 2020 1:18 PM
็ฉ‚ไนƒๆžœใฏ็ฅž

Oct 2015
as someone who never really started one popular battle shounen before a less popular one, such as Naruto before Black Clover, I typically don't see the "copypasted" idea that people have. Most battles shounen are probably going to follow a similar arc structure from what I know, but I usually identify without having to ever compare.

I could explain why I love my favorite, One Piece, but I promise you that there is no way, whatsoever that it will be anywhere less than thirty paragraphs, and that you definitely won't like the anime. The last time I wrote a review for that was 9-12 pages long, haha. I just can't find myself making it simple. I also tend to watch things by gut instinct and less by being recommended by others. An anime that I was recommended was Gintama. I've only seen the first eight episodes of Gintama but it wasn't much for me. It's too episodic for me, I have trouble sticking with anime that don't carry much story arcs. I stuck with Hitman Reborn because that was just the first nineteen episodes (even then I skipped a handful), far as I know Gintama is mainly episodic comedy with scattered story arcs. Unless it's your type of humour (which it definitely is not mine), go for it though just because everyone else does it anyway.

Try Air Gear. It's the first anime I seriously watched that could be considered a "battle shounen". I haven't watched it in about 7-9 years at this point, but from what I remember its sense of character exposition and stakes definitely felt different from others. Also, if you're okay with dub only, or can understand Japanese without the need for subs, Oban Star Racers is another one you could try.
Before Air Gear, I only really watched DB and Naruto on and off when it was sometimes on TV, but never long enough to get the whole story.

You may like JoJo, Saint Seiya, Fist of the North Star, etc etc., give them a small chance and see what you think :)
ChartTopper60May 13, 2020 1:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2015
My favorite battle fantasy is JoJo followed by One Piece.
When it comes to this genre tho I think battles are more important than plots themselves, for shows mainly aimed at kids, I think battles that blow their minds matter more, not saying their plots are bad or anything, but that varies from one anime to another, and it's more of inspiration, less of "copypasting" like some mangakas who were inspired by Akira Toriyama for example, I also think the similarities they share probably has to do with the Japanese culture itself, I mean take western superheroes, aren't they ridiculously similar to each other?
TheBerserkerMay 13, 2020 2:02 PM
May 13, 2020 1:29 PM

Oct 2019
You've watched over 1000 anime so I think it's safe to say you're just not a battle shonen guy. That said, you haven't seen 3 of my favorite battle shonen, Nanatsu no Taizai, Pokemon XYZ and Hinomaruzumou. None of them are that great, I just like them because I like them. I feel like battle shonen goes mostly by heart, if you love the characters and/or the theme you'll love the show no matter how mediocre it is. For example, I would love Hinomaruzumou simply because it's about sumo, and Pokemon XYZ because it's pokemon, that coupled with other good aspects like a very cool cast for both, an interesting slife of life-ish way of showing martial arts for Hinomaruzumou and a slightly more mature and intelligent Ash for XYZ make these shows stand out as some of my favorites
May 13, 2020 2:17 PM

Mar 2020
TheBerserker said:
My favorite battle fantasy is JoJo followed by One Piece.
When it comes to this genre tho I think battles are more important than plots themselves, for shows mainly aimed at kids, I think battles that blow their minds matter more, not saying their plots are bad or anything, but that varies from one anime to another, and it's more of inspiration, less of "copypasting" like some mangakas who were inspired by Akira Toriyama for example, I also think the similarities they share probably has to do with the Japanese culture itself, I mean take western superheroes, aren't they ridiculously similar to each other?

Yes, JoJo's definitely has some of the best fight scenes.
It consists of great power system, strategy from both parties and unpredictable outcome.

May 13, 2020 4:33 PM

Jul 2019
I like big three. A lot. I probably reread all of them atleast three times. Power system and characters are pretty unique, so I don't think they are copypasted.

Also, Gintama. However, I think that Gintama is much more than your avarage battle shounen.
May 13, 2020 4:43 PM

Apr 2018
I like Mob, I don't know if it comes under battle shounen.

May 13, 2020 4:47 PM

Jul 2019
I liked Hunter x Hunter very much with Naruto as a runner-up
May 13, 2020 4:48 PM

Jan 2009
according to my list its Fullmetal Alchemist, Mob Psycho 100 and Claymore
May 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Oct 2019
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when I say that Dragon Ball Z is my favourite show just in general. I know it's probably not the most complex piece of work and has tons of flaws regarding its power system, but it was a huge part in my life, so it holds a special place.
May 13, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
Some of the better ones I've seen are:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Claymore
One Punch Man
Kurokami
Yu Yu Hakusho
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
Kaze no Stigma
Buso Renkin
Fullmetal Alchemist
Noragami
Inu Yasha
Rurouni Kenshin
Needless
Fairy Tail
Nura
Flame of Recca
The Seven Deadly Sins
D.Gray-man
Blue Exorcist
Bungo Stray Dogs
Magi
Kekaishi
Soul Eater
KruszerMay 13, 2020 8:13 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 13, 2020 8:23 PM

Sep 2018
1-hunter x hunter 2011
2- reborn
3-naruto (without fillers )
May 13, 2020 9:37 PM

Jul 2017
Visually, it's easily Demon Slayer.

Emotionally I'd either say Gintama, Black Clover, or MHA
May 14, 2020 12:17 AM

Dec 2019
Attack on Titan, Hunter X Hunter(2011) and Jojo are best there is. They also have high ratings.
Mod edit: Edited the post to work as standalone.
MrZawaMay 14, 2020 7:46 AM
May 14, 2020 12:21 AM

May 2018
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi and Yakitate!! Japan.

One could say also Gintama but I prefer the non-battle shounen parts...not sure if that counts for "favourite battle shounen".
May 14, 2020 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
Kruszer said:

One Punch Man

its release on a seinen manga though source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Punch_Man
May 14, 2020 12:29 AM

Oct 2019
One Piece, My Hero Academia and Jojo's

and while I do think that HxH is great I wouldn't call it my personal favorite.

Attack on Titan, Beastars, Mob Psycho 100 and Pandora Hearts (Manga) are also in my favorites but they are more semi-battle shonens or whatever.
May 14, 2020 12:35 AM

Jul 2016
My favourite battle shounen are dragon ball and one piece.I really don’t mind a battle shounen being formulaic as long as there is elements that I like about them.
Some people think that dragon ball is only all about screaming and fighting,but that’s not the case because there’s other things to like about it,such as its world,the mix between modern technology and old fashioned martial arts is pretty fascinating.There’s also loads of well designed and memorable characters.
I like One piece for the same reasons,vast world,and loads of memorable characters.

HoomanBeing said:
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when I say that Dragon Ball Z is my favourite show just in general. I know it's probably not the most complex piece of work and has tons of flaws regarding its power system, but it was a huge part in my life, so it holds a special place.

Don't worry you're not alone.I know i'm pretty affected by nostalgia in regards to my feelings for the show,but i've found other things that i like about the show,so I don't agree with people that say it's only about screaming and fighting.
The power system is not the best,but i can live with that,it's not the only thing the show has going for it.

Mod edit: Merged double post. Please use the edit button.
MrZawaMay 14, 2020 7:47 AM
May 14, 2020 12:49 AM

May 2020
my favorites are

Naruto

bleach

Naruto shippuden

May 14, 2020 12:55 AM

Oct 2010
Hokuto no Ken
The rest are lame and full of wusses
May 14, 2020 1:07 AM

Jul 2017
My top 10:

1.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
2.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
3.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
4.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
5.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
6.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
7.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
8.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
9.Katekyo Hitman Reborn
10.Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Honorable mentions:

Parts of Gintama
Hunter x Hunter
FMAB
Naruto
Claymore

May 14, 2020 5:02 AM

Oct 2019
Hunter X Hunter is without a doubt the best Battle shounen and a classic too in many genres like game isekai.

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

May 14, 2020 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Some just don't appeal to me, because there are this types of battle shounen that ironically have a big female fanbase and those always appealed to me much more than those others like Bleach. But I also like some others too, like Attack on Titan.

Anyway, besides Mo Dao Zu Shi now and a few others, the majority of my main fandoms and my absolute favorite manga and anime are all battle shounen, well ... xD

- Noragami: Became my absolute favorite in general. I love the characters, especially Yato, the setting, the slow burn romance, they are one of my otps etc. There are also a lot of themes that are really important to me. There is a lot about personal development, overcoming flaws and problems, overcoming toxic families, that family doesn't mean you have to be related / is your core family etc... Yukine is one of the most realistic and touching troubled teenager I have seen, Bishamon's backstory and how she reacts to it... there was rarely an anime or manga that touched me on more levels.
Also the art style especially in the manga is gorgeous!

- Inuyasha: Loved it since I'm like 13. Again, the characters are very likeable to me and I had for eternity a crush on Sango haha here I also loved the setting that was so different from what I have known from western media. I love the adventerous feeling, the romances and how this "love triangle" develops etc. I especially felt for Sango and Kohaku as siblings.
The story was dragged out yes, but I liked it, because it's about the adventure itself and not the final goal too much.

- D.Gray-man: I absolutely love the setting and all of the main characters. There might be too many fillers in the anime, but anyway, this is like it's absolutely made for me. Again, I really like the adventerous feeling and I like the overall plot as much as the several episodic stories. And the characters grew so much to me. I actually wrote a really long review about it and it's easily one of my favorite anime.
Here, the manga art style was meeh at first, but now it's so incredible gorgeous!

- Owari no Seraph: Yes I know it's flawed, but I mean everything is and I can see it, but everything grew so much on it, the characters, especially Mika and ofc my otp, the setting is something that just appeals to me very much and I like here some of the main themes too. I'm always in for messages about chosen families and so on.
Also the manga art style is really beautiful too.

Others I really like:
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Pandora Hearts
- Vanitas no Carte
- Tegamibachi
- Tsubasa Resorvoir Chronicle (btw just read 1/4 and the anime was good but not my fav, but I start to love this manga so much right now! โค)
- Pokemon Special Manga
- The Promised Neverland
- Attack on Titan
- Dororo (I think it is)
- Magi
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Nabari no Ou
- Ao no Exorcist
- Shoukoku no Altair
- Arslan Senki

Mod edit: Removed quote of deleted post and edit the post to work as standalone.
MrZawaMay 14, 2020 7:48 AM
May 14, 2020 5:26 AM

Nov 2016
Interesting how many seem to be under the impression fights + action + shounen = battle shounen.

When in truth it's more about the narrative structure and the tropes featured. In a sense series like Bakuman and Shokugeki no Souma are more battle shounen than many title mentioned in this thread.

As for my favorites battle shounen manga/anime

One Piece
JoJo
HxH
Naruto
Dragon Ball
Black Clover

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (124) « First ... « 120 121 [122] 123 124 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

75 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
6 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 31 minutes ago

13 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

18 by Catalano »»
7 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 15 minutes ago

1 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
8 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

65 by -YaoiBoy- »»
9 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.