Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad for this fight I suppose but it was way too one-sided. As I had suspected, Yuma kicks some serious ass with his abilities while making an obvious score gap.

Rest of the episode was more like buildup for Yuma. For the higher ups, they obviously know that the kid is special and has a lot to offer. Dat cliffhanger D:
Stark700Mar 7, 2015 2:49 PM
Mar 7, 2015 3:05 PM
Jul 2014
Predictable outcome of the duel. Maybe we'll finally get some more answers next episode.

This series is interesting but its pacing is ridiculously slow.
Mar 7, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2014
Pretty slow episode again. Oh well, next episode we get the Replica neighbor speech as well as the current neighbor countries around Earth and the invasion will start soon, so all's good as long as they don't fuck up the Invasion arc/battles. <3
Mar 7, 2015 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
I'm waiting eagerly for the large-scale war
Mar 7, 2015 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, that guy is rank A 4th. He's that strong? Neighbor guy lost twice on purpose to check on it. According to another A rank guy, he's just a show-off strong who came in for a little ("animal" as neighbor guy pointed out later).

Ah, the same reason that main guy entered, so he was jealous. He became "good" (being fair and not with motive at least).

Neighbor guy was asked to give out his info. about neighbor countries as the war coming soon. Replica, who knows more regarding to that, is the same type that they fight that the father created, so they are kind of showing "hate", it seems.

Rank battle (C) vs. team battle (B) explanation.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2015 5:47 PM
Feb 2015
tsubasalover said:
Oh, that guy is rank A 4th. He's that strong? Neighbor guy lost twice on purpose to check on it. According to another A rank guy, he's just a show-off strong who came in for a little ("animal" as neighbor guy pointed out later).

Border agents get team rank and solo rank. Midorikawa's team is 4th in team rank, but he himself is not 4th in solo rank. Those who are top in solo rank are mentioned already.

Attacker: Tachikawa (1st team, 1st solo), Kazama (3rd team, 2nd solo)
Shooter: Izumi (1st team, 1st solo)
Sniper: Touma (2nd team, 1st solo), Narasaka (7th team, 2nd solo), Kodera (7th team, 3rd solo), Satori (5th team, 4th solo)

Team rank matters in mission assignment. Solo rank is mostly for bragging. And also, competition for attacker solo rank is much more brutal than in other positions simply because there are probably more attackers than shooters/gunners and snipers combined. Midorikawa is nowhere near the top in solo rank at the moment.
p-kunMar 7, 2015 5:55 PM
Mar 7, 2015 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Midorikawa is getting owned by Yuma.
Mar 7, 2015 6:46 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kuga REKT Midorikawa so good! If he wanted, he could've actually won all 10 rounds, but he purposely lost for his own overall convenience. He's too badass for a short guy!
Nice seeing Midorikawa apologizing to Osamu though. Maybe he's a decent guy after all.

Kido may have promised to guarantee Kuga's safety and he doesn't seem to be lying either, but what if his lie can't be detected even by Kuga's side effect? IDK, this guy just can't be trusted.

Decent episode. Neighbor invasion should be a good arc. If Toei wasn't in charge, I could've expected it to be pretty epic. *Sigh..

Mar 7, 2015 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
Only 30 episodes left! :o :c :(
Mar 7, 2015 11:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Osamu isn't even mad after hearing what Midorikawa planned. Instead, he thought of it as an opportunity to clear up the misunderstanding that he lost 24 times to Kazama and only tied once! XD This guy has an amazing personality. No hard feelings between any of the characters by the end of the episode.

Time to talk about the upcoming invasion.
Mar 8, 2015 7:20 AM
May 2012
Amazing episode!!

Midorikawa getting his ass kicked by Yumma who conceded the first 2 rounds just to assess his skills/technique and he won 8-2 !!

Damn I can't wait to see the Invasion arc, really want to see Border going all out against those Neighbours and of course, the top guys like Yuma, Jin-san, Tachikawa and Tamakoma First (who we have not seen how strong they are yet)
Mar 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Yuma REKT Midorikawa so hard XD

Interesting stuff at the end there. Should be nice.
Mar 8, 2015 12:39 PM

Jul 2011
tingy said:
Osamu isn't even mad after hearing what Midorikawa planned. Instead, he thought of it as an opportunity to clear up the misunderstanding that he lost 24 times to Kazama and only tied once! XD This guy has an amazing personality. No hard feelings between any of the characters by the end of the episode.

Some people might complain that he's bland, but I like how he doesn't mind at all. I do hope he becomes a super strategist though.

Pacing wouldn't be so bad if the animation was a higher quality. Too bad. >__<
Mar 8, 2015 2:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mirorin said:
tingy said:

Some people might complain that he's bland, but I like how he doesn't mind at all. I do hope he becomes a super strategist though.

I haven't seen or read many anime/manga where there is a levelheaded AND mediocre (or almost less than mediocre in Osamu's case) MC, so I find this combination of traits to be interesting. Usually in battle shounen, the MC is either levelheaded and OP, or loud and starting at the bottom but has some kind of potential or dormant powers. Poor Osamu though. I think he could be a pretty good fighter if he just had more trion. That's okay though, I'm also waiting for him to become a super strategist :D I can see why people would complain that he's bland, since people tend to like characters that has at least something that positively distinguishes them from the rest of the cast in terms of powers.
Mar 8, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
I don't mind these slower epsiodes. As a reader of the Manga, I know things are really going to pick up in the next few episodes. Daisuke uses these chapters/episodes to World Build, explaining how things work and why. Like, how it can take 6 months for a C-Rank agent to advance to B-Rank by getting perfect scores during training. Or how winning Rank wars can speed up the process.

The filler is still well placed and doesn't stand out, unless you're reading the manga at the same time. The Pacing is still 2 chapters per episode. I do wonder if this will stay true in the Invasion Arc.

Replica getting Command Kido to guarrenty Yuma's safety was the best part of the episode.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Mar 8, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
They really copped out on that fight. But I loved Yuma's calm fury at that kid, but in the end they really respect each other. I like that kid!

But once more things get heavy and now we get to learn of the Neighborhood!
I'm surprised that Kido was telling the truth though.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2011
Yuma defeating Midorikawas : )

He revealed Replica : 0

I wonder of Commander Kido is really telling the truth or he really is a good lier. That even Yuma Side Effect can't detect.

Neighbor World next time.
Mar 10, 2015 12:54 AM

Feb 2015
War arc is coming!

I just hope this 50 episodes end in a good place
Mar 10, 2015 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode, Yuuma kicked Midorikawa's butt ;D
Mar 11, 2015 2:35 AM

Oct 2014
Anon1409 said:
I'm waiting eagerly for the large-scale war

Me to, but we gotta wait a couple more weeks till we get to it. <3

b1GZZ said:
Only 30 episodes left! :o :c :(

Lolz, "only 30", good one. XD

bakadit said:
War arc is coming!

I just hope this 50 episodes end in a good place

It should, the war arc itself is pretty long, had been more than half of the current chapter number of WT, and the aftermath of it can also be used for a couple episodes. Also I heard Ashihara has worked with the studio stuff for some anime only stuff, dunno if full episodes or if there will be some half-manga half-anime original episodes.
Mar 11, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
The episode was okay. The fight was decent. But I'm looking forward to the next episode when Replica is talking about the Neighborhood.

Mar 11, 2015 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
Yuma teaches a lesson. Nice
Mar 11, 2015 6:24 PM

Feb 2015
I'm seriously considering dropping World Trigger, it's a pretty slow series, the animations aren't bad but other than that, I'm not so sure I want to continue with World Trigger, the only thing I really like about the show is the opening, and maybe Jin. But other than that the show isn't really doing anything for me.
Mar 11, 2015 10:01 PM

Sep 2013
^ maybe marathoning it when it ends is a better idea, but after 1 or 2 ep. it's mostly action btw.
Mar 12, 2015 7:22 AM

May 2013
And Yuuma beats Midorikawa with a score of 8 - 2.
But I'm glad Osamu took the opportunity to admit that he lost several times.
Woah, Replica and Yuuma are pulling the strings now. Can't wait to find out about the Neighborhood.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 18, 2015 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Yuma was badass! Midorikawa didn't stand a chance, not that I expected him to anyway. I'm glad Osamu cleared up the misunderstanding but he's still in the spotlight in a way.

Capybara, say you!
Capybara, oh yeah!

^^^^ I didn't expect this but it made me laugh.

More about the neighbors next time!
Jan 28, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Yuma owned his ass. I wish Yuma won all 10, but 8-2, and 8 straight is good enough to fluck him up mentally.

LMAO at the Capybara song. Tied for best part of the episode with Yuma ownage.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 24, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
It's replica's turn to shine now !!
Aug 23, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
Why is that little kid allowed in a top executives intel discussion about the enemy? Is he cleared for that info? O_o

So Commander Kido is not lying then?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 25, 2018 2:39 AM

Sep 2017
Wow i didn't tought that it is going to be that one sided... i hoped for a close fight, 'cause Yuma isn't into it yet, but wow he is just so OP

Sep 21, 2018 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
It feels great to see Yuma show who's the boss.
Oct 19, 2020 7:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm obviously Kuga won but it was a pretty nice match, he let him won the two first round xD now he needs to get 4000 points (same for Chika) to be class B so we'll see the team match with Osamu Kuga and Chika, can't wait... also that end was pretty interesting to be honest
Jun 18, 2022 4:00 PM

Mar 2019
YES get humiliated Midorikawa, hated him so much and how he wants to be around Jin, you're nothing but trash. That's what I wanted to say until he apologized and all that, so I guess it's cool now.

So Replica showed himself to the higher-ups. Interesting end of episode.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.