Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow...

That got rough. Funny how Celty got involved as well. I love how that just escalated after Mikado got involved and the two gangs fought. I wasn't sure which gang to root for the whole time :p

Anyways, I kinda feel abd for Mikado for getting involved in this but at least Celty was there to save him. Vorona also happened to be there as well. Then, there's Akane that gets involved as well. All this cat and mouse game with the gangs and main characters made this pretty fun to watch. Hope Celty taking Akane is worth the risk tbh because Vorona still haven't forgotten about her.

Mar 7, 2015 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
The enemy is suspecting everyone around them are Dollars, even the kids...

Some yakuza talking about OnoD's character because of the case he was being set. Those guys went to FukuJun's character's place and heard some stuff. Then he called Celty, who was found out. The enemy came, though, and became the leader without him answering.

It got so messy with yakuza and the enemy group metting up because of Dollars and the little girl.

Horse car!

Mamo's character finally got some chat going on.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2015 9:34 AM
Oct 2014
Still waiting for Izaya to show up and fck everything up
Mar 7, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2010
Welp. the misunderstandings are really enjoyable!

Celty did save Mikado from there after all, how she didn't want to be seen. The description of a monster and thinking Mikado is for food.

The yakuza and Toromaru coming off to a fight in the subway. Lots of people are going after Celty, now that she is carrying so many people with her.
Mar 7, 2015 9:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Aoba really is like a mini Izaya....That kid is sly as fuck

Things are escalating quite quickly now with this constant fighting and to make matters worse, the Russians want to hurt Shizuo too :(

Vorona is enjoying this ordeal a little too much tho, she is too kawaii xD
Mar 7, 2015 9:47 AM

Aug 2010
Finally, animation and art back to being great :3
So Aoba's already considering Mikado as his Big boss lol XD

All Dem crushed cans from Shizuo doe :O

Varona is having lots of fun XD What a crazy day Celty has been having ^^;
Mar 7, 2015 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
Nice episode. Too bad Mikado can't clear up the misunderstandings.

That horse car.
Mar 7, 2015 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
Everything is disturbing.
Mar 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2012
DAMN YOU IZAYA AND AOBA!!!
Look at all the chaos that's happening because of you two!

If Izaya was invited to the hotpot at the beginning of the cour, maybe he wouldn't have started up trouble again : P
Mar 7, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2011
"Kawaii kouhai no kao"
So basically Aoba thinks that he's cute......
Mar 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Oct 2014
well I guess the world just revolves around Mikado, everything escalates around him no matter what he does

I'm so excited for the Akane episode next week she is so cute

I wonder if they are actually stupid enough to mess with Shizuo that's a role no one but Izaya can play

I am liking Varona more and more each ep and I don't even care about Izaya I just want to see Masaome

I really love this show 5/5
Mar 7, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
"You know how discret I am" Lol Shinra

It's only a matter of time before Mikado goes bananas and Izaya shows up... Can't wait. Nomnomnom
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 7, 2015 10:38 AM
Sep 2013
Shit has hit the fan in this episode. Fights everywhere. Mikado needs to dump Aoba and show these guys whats what.
Mar 7, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Misunderstandings. Misunderstandings everywhere.
The situation got a lot more confusing. And I'm pretty sure we know whose behind it. But Aoba seem to work against Izaya, that may lead to a clash between them and while they are fighting against each other, the others may rally against the two of them.

Shizuo situation is not as bad as I thought, since the mobs realised rather quickly that something fishy was going on. The one who is more in deep shit is Mikado. He pretty much became the N°1 enemy to the bikers, because of Aoba clever trap.

Celty is such a cutie :3
''Oh, don't mind me, just passing by.''
But she have the talent to attract troubles...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 7, 2015 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
Celty's reaction was super cute.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 7, 2015 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
And again no Ruri in this episode :(
Mar 7, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2011
RufusLatro said:
And again no Ruri in this episode :(

She's a minor character. Don't expect for her to have a larger role. From the spoilers of the novel I know that she will return.

It seems that this arc will be 6 episodes long.
Mar 7, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
Shizuo jumping like that reminded me of Spiderman lol

Anyway better animation quality this time :)
Mar 7, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2008
I want to verify something for these confusion.

Varona worked for the other yakuza that is looking for Akane right? Different from the yakuza that Celty is working with?

Varona also had a client that wants to take out Anri. I suppose it is Izaya who made her attack Anri. After all, last season Izaya wants to start a war against Anri.

It is still unclear who killed the yakuza that Shizuo became involved with it. But I think it was clear that Izaya was the one pulling the strings and I would like to know who did the killing. I have a feeling it's Ruri's deed. Maybe its Egor but highly unlikely. I can't imagine other people that can smash a guy on a wall except for Shizuo but we already know that he wasn't the one who did it.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
gj Celty-san. eavesdrop on that whole conversation, offer no help to Mikado after everyone knows youre there, and then take on your usual role as the convenient get-away.

Aoba that bastard. now the biker gang thinks Mikado is leading the bluesquares.

and LOL the russian assassins think Celty kidnapped Mikado to eat him.
Mar 7, 2015 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
There was a boy on the bike,

Affirmative it was acquired as food

Mar 7, 2015 12:47 PM
Nov 2013
I've been laughing for the entire episode, not because of obvious "funny" moments, but for the whole misunderstanding chain. This is gold
Mar 7, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
Coincidences of all sorts again, or not
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 7, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
This is getting complicated. Izaya likes complications.
Mar 7, 2015 1:54 PM
Aug 2013
ThreePointer said:
Yeah. In peacetime, Izaya has very little power. His ability, as explained earlier, is to make close decisions favour him. Now, everything seems like a close decision.
Mar 7, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2012
kawaiijetty said:
I've been laughing for the entire episode, not because of obvious "funny" moments, but for the whole misunderstanding chain. This is gold

Only reason I didn't is because I was eating while watching. I agree though. The misunderstandings and confusion are hilarious.

ThreePointer said:

Well, he likes seeing how humans will react to situations. The more complicated the situation, the more enjoyable it is for him. He's kind of a sociopath. I find it amusing personally.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 7, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
need more shizuo
Mar 7, 2015 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
Ah lol this was a rather entertaining episode

Mar 7, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
"I'm just an urban legend passing by. Please forget you saw me" Lol Celty
Mar 7, 2015 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Funny how Celty got caught out and decides to help out.
Varona planting another bug onto Celty.
Looks like all her targets are with Celty.
The bike turning into that horse carriage was pretty cool.
Dollars vs the Biker Gang is really heating up.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 7, 2015 3:50 PM
Sep 2012
Has Celty always been this funny?
I love these misunderstandings. It makes for a funny show.
Mar 7, 2015 3:57 PM

Aug 2009
I'm so glad that the art and animation looked amazing again.

Great episode, as usual, but I sadly got a bit confused this episode. So many storylines intertwining...
Mar 7, 2015 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
LOL! Huge misunderstanding among the gang.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 7, 2015 5:32 PM

Sep 2013
I'm happy to see Shizuo grow more 'calm' by avoiding conflict! What a positive character growth!
Mar 7, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2014
Well... The usual... Verona tries to link Duluhan, a Slayer, some mafia together in a book or smthing.... Oh well. Please dont get yourself killed blondie.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Mar 7, 2015 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
"I'm just an urban legend passing by"
Mar 7, 2015 8:25 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm, I wonder what Celty's signal to Shinra is when he calls her. I mean, she can't speak, so... Knowing Shinra, it's probably something cutesy and/or embarrassing.

Also, seeing Celty pull Mikado, Anri, and Akane along like that reminded me of this picture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/a7/e8/31a7e86c6d23dbfd3be8c53de75f5b27.jpg

I don't know kanji (only took year 1 of my high school's Japanese course): which one is Mairu and which one is Kururi? In the chatroom, I mean. One of them posts in light blue and the other in dark blue, but since they share the same voice actor it's a little harder for me to tell them apart.
hawk222Mar 7, 2015 8:29 PM
Mar 7, 2015 8:38 PM

May 2012
Oh! The episodes are getting more exciting and intense. And me as a light novel reader as well as an anime watcher. I can't wait for the next upcoming episodes~

Too bad, there are 3 months time gaps after this first part. I want to see more Mikado and Masaomi~
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Mar 7, 2015 9:32 PM

Mar 2010
DenjaX said:
I want to verify something for these confusion.

Varona worked for the other yakuza that is looking for Akane right? Different from the yakuza that Celty is working with?

Varona also had a client that wants to take out Anri. I suppose it is Izaya who made her attack Anri. After all, last season Izaya wants to start a war against Anri.

It is still unclear who killed the yakuza that Shizuo became involved with it. But I think it was clear that Izaya was the one pulling the strings and I would like to know who did the killing. I have a feeling it's Ruri's deed. Maybe its Egor but highly unlikely. I can't imagine other people that can smash a guy on a wall except for Shizuo but we already know that he wasn't the one who did it.

Ruri's former talent manager Yodogiri hired them to kidnap Akane, but Izaya screwed that up by getting to her first using to lure Shizuo into a trap. Izaya is the most likely suspect to have sent Russian hitmen after her as well.
Mar 7, 2015 9:36 PM

Mar 2012
hawk222 said:

I don't know kanji (only took year 1 of my high school's Japanese course): which one is Mairu and which one is Kururi? In the chatroom, I mean. One of them posts in light blue and the other in dark blue, but since they share the same voice actor it's a little harder for me to tell them apart.

The twins switch personalities on the chatroom. The one who talks a lot is Kururi and the one with few lines is Mairu.
Mar 7, 2015 9:58 PM

Nov 2014
that kid aoba is a mini izaya D:
Mar 7, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2015
LOVED this episode! We get a sense of how things are going to fall into place and how all these seemingly loosely connected people and stories are going to resolve themselves. Which is what Durarara does best.

Shizou has really landed in the thick of things at this time. And I'm wondering just how convoluted all these situations are going to become with both Izaya and Aoba trying to manipulate people. Plus there's Varona who appears to have contracts on everyone and their dog.

I can't wait for the next episode! *glee*
Mar 7, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
nice episode! LOTS of misunderstandings in this arc, let's see how the characters will get out of that!
and shizuo running away without fighting, whoa! didn't know he could easily jump up buildings like that.
Mar 8, 2015 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Lol, all these misunderstandings. One of the best things in Durarara :D
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Mar 8, 2015 3:02 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
this anime has just amazing style to it. Stylish as heck. Odd thing to say to anime but that's how it feels like.
Mar 8, 2015 3:08 AM
Apr 2014
well by now everybody just beats up everybody. Is there still a point in clearing up the misunderstanding?

I'm really wondering what Aoba hopes to achieve with all of this. Izaya just wants to make trouble and have fun but he never took action himself. Aoba takes part in the action though. Not sure he's just doing it for fun like Izaya.
Mar 8, 2015 5:27 AM

Dec 2012
Now that's what I call an exciting episode! Brilliant! Durarara is back on track! The animation, the writing, everything was much better.
I like anime.
Mar 8, 2015 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Dude Akane is so cute what the hell...

AHHHH AKANE-CHAN SO KAWAIIIIIIIII

Ok i am completely in love with how everything is coming together. Each week things get more and more confusing as the web of people that know the other person is getting bigger and more connected, so much more threads. If someone were to make a spider web of this thing it'd be huge and beautiful.

This anime is awesome and interesting.

5/5. Love it.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 8, 2015 7:05 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty fun episode overall. The Anime's been consistently good from the first episode. Can't wait to see what happens next, especially with Shizuo.
Mar 8, 2015 8:08 AM

Jun 2014
The art is nice again.
Damn, all these misunderstandings. I really dislike the blonde chick who's chasing Celty (I forgot her name), & she won't stop calling Celty a 'he' >.>
Great episode. This arc alone > S1
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

291 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 31, 2015

171 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

371 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

207 by Rithic »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

124 by corvKa »»
Mar 27, 2023 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.