Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 1, 2015 8:24 AM
Aug 2013
Finally, I hope tusk stays dead, shitty character never liked him anyway. A bit sad that momoka died, but she was dead meat since the moment we got to knew that embryo can control everyone that uses mana.

I hope that Salia and Co. will be able to overcome the brainwash thingy even thought I dont see any hope for Chris now and depending how erika reacts to the kids getting killed again she might be a lost case aswell.

Anyway, I agree next episode is probably going to be that usual drama and revenge stuff, lets see how they do it.^^
Mar 1, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2008
NOOO! Tusk and Momoka.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 1, 2015 8:40 AM

May 2013
Damn looks like Momoka and Tusk aren't gonna come back.
Mar 1, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
tusk will have his 72 crotches to fall face first into in paradise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQjQce2uWI

I was just about to post this.
Mar 1, 2015 10:11 AM

Mar 2013
Noooo.
Tusk cant be dead.
Mar 1, 2015 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
Wow episode full of casualties as Momoka, Tusk and several extras, and show how the villain is overpower

Poor Momoka, wanted her to do part of Ange's harem at the end, already Tusk helped Ange to escape but had already reached his time in the anime, and now hope Ange get his female harem and that Hilda is your main pair, although I like quite Salamandinay too ..
Mar 1, 2015 10:24 AM
Feb 2009
Kira Yamato lived through a couple nuclear explosions, an explosive or two won't even scratch him.
Mar 1, 2015 10:28 AM
Dec 2014
1) Anyone curious about what Tusk meant when he called Embryo a "demon of Heiselberg"?

2) I am willing to bet that the kids died from not the dragon's ragnamails, but from one of their own since their beams are consistently green. I am willing to bet that the knife swinging down in the preview is Ersha finding out who fired the shot and ripping them apart.

3) I think Riza is going to (after the war is over) going to end up as Ange's property in honor of Momoka for saving her. I doubt she has much of a choice since she probably got disowned by her family and would be killed instantly if she returned to Old Earth for her very costly fuck up.
Mar 1, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty badly directed episode, I didn't get the enjoyment factor I usually do.
Mar 1, 2015 10:39 AM

Aug 2007
FloydBt said:
1) Anyone curious about what Tusk meant when he called Embryo a "demon of Heiselberg"?

If they even translated that the right way. Don't get any hits on Heiselberg, but did find something about a nuclear waste thingy cleaning facility in Heidelberg called DEMON :'D Also got some hits on demon possesion in Google Books :'D I am more curious to why Embryo called him a homonculus. It seems like Tusk has lived longer than we believe...

And yes, I love Ange's longer hair. Better than the too long hair. Also, nice to see how her stolen outfit is definitely made for Salia: cus yaknow, boobies. <3
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 1, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2010
Jesus Yamatoe will resurrect once again do not worry lowly beings. Have faith in your lord!

Also if Hilda dies I will riot out in the streets. DO NOT KILL THE WAIFU!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 1, 2015 10:42 AM

Sep 2013
OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

11/10 :'(

The new OST was AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!

Momoka Oginome being a BOSS :'( I cried :'(
Tusk being a selfless hero :'( I cried again :'(
Ange being sad, I cried again :'(

The action scene were goooooood, the emotion was dripping from every scene, this is how you do a show.

Chris's story was WEAK and peer pressure is a horrible thing, but the ring that Embryo gave her might be affecting her mind.

Embryo being a demon or something might be a hint of a greater evil, and POSSIBLE SEASON 2! :O

Ange may go back into the past with Villkiss and rewrite the past or Embryo realizes his mistake at the end and revives everyone even Mamika who just died, such devotion to her friends and teammates, I cried :'(

And to the Tusk haters :

ichii_1Mar 1, 2015 10:53 AM
Mar 1, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
ange will 'tune' the world and revive everybody, and its not even asspull or deus ex machina because god can literally do anything (see embryo)
like in rahxephon,
the main plot is similar but rahxephon has mediocre plot progressing, over complex hint and foreshadow, not very likeable character, etc while cross ange is godlike in every aspects

AOTY2014-2015
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Mar 1, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
I think Embryo has boundaries to his teleportation range. I mean... he had to ask the black knights to BRING Ange to him, so Ange's definitely going to be safe next episode.

The Ersha subplot is amazing.

Chris's subplot was interesting imo. She never saw herself as their friend... It makes sense since before she was obsessed about being alone... Was she peer pressured into the Zola yurifest? Also.... has everyone forgotten about Zola? Shouldn't she be in these flashbacks.

Where can I find the new OST?

There's actually a good chance Tusk is alive since the explosion happened offscreen. Momoka looked too content before she died so I think she might be gone for good.

It'd be funny if Momoka came back but Tusk didn't.

The only part of the next episode preview that shows Ange is Ange crying, so I think they're going to focus on the Embryo faction's side of the aftermath. I can't wait.
Mar 1, 2015 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Well we all know Tusk is probably coming back, BUT hope is the last to die right ?

I mean, I dont have a problem with Tusk, but lets be honest, Hilda is the best waifu here, and MAYBE (and thats a huge maybe), they decided to go with her instead of Tusk ?
Mar 1, 2015 11:38 AM
Dec 2010
FloydBt said:

It's almost certainly a spinoff on Laplace's demon
Laplace said:

We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes.
—Pierre Simon Laplace, A Philosophical Essay on Probabilities

This intellect is what is called laplace's demon.
To put it simply in a deterministic universe if you know the state of every single particle in the universe and all laws of physics you will be able to know the past and the future of everything.

In this case he called him "Heisenberg's demon resident of a non-deterministic world"
(Heisenberg's uncertainty principle is a great part of what makes us believe that our universe is non-deterministic). I guess that he is implying that he is able to see all the possibilities and be in every state at the same time (being dead and alive) or something like that.
VarezenemMar 1, 2015 12:01 PM
Mar 1, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2012
not gonna lie, i am really enjoying this show, like damn....
Mar 1, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
Patureau said:
Hilda is the best waifu here, and MAYBE (and thats a huge maybe), they decided to go with her instead of Tusk ?

She might very well be but even if wasn't for Jesus Kira's genes, chances would be that Tusk didn't die. Ange needs him to help her continue her bloodline and they've yet to get it on and that's something Hilda, awesome as she is, can't help with.

Momoka however, is another story...I wanted to see her at Cafe Ange :(

Mar 1, 2015 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Tusk blew himself up. I pretty sure that Tusk will be alive. I felt bad for Momoka.
Mar 1, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2010
Doubt both Tusk and Momoka will still be dead by the end knowing this show.
Mar 1, 2015 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
MgMaster said:
Patureau said:
Hilda is the best waifu here, and MAYBE (and thats a huge maybe), they decided to go with her instead of Tusk ?

She might very well be but even if wasn't for Jesus Kira's genes, chances would be that Tusk didn't die. Ange needs him to help her continue her bloodline and they've yet to get it on and that's something Hilda, awesome as she is, can't help with.

Lol. Ange doesn't care about children XD, and it's completely possible since Ange's most likely bi. She kissed Rosalie after all (and if you say that doesn't count, than reverse the genders in your head)

The ending I want is AngeXTusk, the ending that will happen is AngeXPudding
Mar 1, 2015 12:48 PM
Jun 2014
TitanAnteus said:
MgMaster said:

Lol. Ange doesn't care about children XD, and it's completely possible since Ange's most likely bi. She kissed Rosalie after all (and if you say that doesn't count, than reverse the genders in your head)

Ange kissed her to pass her water with the purgants, I don't think that's a good reason to say she is bi. I also doubt Salako is lesb she seems pretty neutral up to now
Mar 1, 2015 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
Come on guys, don't assume that Tusk was stupid enough to just blow himself and Embryo up after seeing Embryo's abilities first hand. OF COURSE he's not that stupid. If anything, he might have figured out that Embryo's current body must die before a new one can appear (as we saw in that Embryo suicide scene). So he might have figured out a way to immobilize him and prevent him from killing himself, so he can't go after Ange.
Mar 1, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
Best mech, since Unicorn!~

Mar 1, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Kirigaro92 said:
TitanAnteus said:

Ange kissed her to pass her water with the purgants, I don't think that's a good reason to say she is bi. I also doubt Salako is lesb she seems pretty neutral up to now

First, I said most likely.

Now imagine this. Ange is a guy. A guy with blonde hair forced to practice training how to pilot his giant robot. Rosalie is a guy (let's call him ROSS). He doesn't like Ange because Ange killed the captain of his squad Zola. ROSS decides to play a prank on Ange because he doesn't like him. How does Ange react after drinking the water, he takes ROSS's face in his hands puts his mouth on his lips and forces HIM to swallow it.

Now that the gender's reversed, can you really not say that didn't sound a little homosexual? I'm not even calling Ange gay. I'm just saying she's most likely bi.
Mar 1, 2015 1:22 PM
Jun 2014
TitanAnteus said:
Kirigaro92 said:

First, I said most likely.

Now imagine this. Ange is a guy. A guy with blonde hair forced to practice training how to pilot his giant robot. Rosalie is a guy (let's call him ROSS). He doesn't like Ange because Ange killed the captain of his squad Zola. ROSS decides to play a prank on Ange because he doesn't like him. How does Ange react after drinking the water, he takes ROSS's face in his hands puts his mouth on his lips and forces HIM to swallow it.

Now that the gender's reversed, can you really not say that didn't sound a little homosexual? I'm not even calling Ange gay. I'm just saying she's most likely bi.

Yeah, if you reverse the genders, then yes. But girls don't think the same way guys do. I'm not denying the posibility she is bi, but using that as an argument isn't enough.
Mar 1, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
I wonder why every time Embryo dies, he comes back again. And I think Tusk noticed it that's why Embryo called him smart monkey lol.. there was even a part where Embryo killed himself and came back alive again but in a different place where Momoka and Tusk "died". I hope they're not really dead *^*
Mar 1, 2015 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
Well im done making guesses on this show. Except that "The children probably die"
Color me surprised. I expected Tusk to die, and maybe Hilda or Roseliee. But not Momoka. We all knew the kid was going to die. and all the little kids too.
I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS ALL GOES DOWN
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 1, 2015 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
yes i hope tusk really is dead!!!
Finally this anime can be good again!#!$
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 1, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
Personally i hate mecha shows. But when a mecha show grabs me on the few episodes i will keep watching it.

On this anime i like the OST and design. The para-mails looks alot like the aquarion and vandread anime.

Personally i wanted to kill Momoka in the beginning when she appeared in Arzenal. But after the sick Ange episode and the "rescue operation" of the little sister i began to like the Top Maid.

Tusk is one of the few male MC i like from the start (no homo :P) but this episode gave him a point of view that he discard his life. I would see Ange to kill herself the next she see Embryo. But knowing him he would revive her and mind control her then after that.

But i think you all forget the Dragon girls, salamdina girl, i think that a she will sing a song with Ange that will turn time back of open a vortex where Embryo will be swallowed in and never can return? But i also have a feeling that the Alektra woman will do something.
Greetings from Holland... or not...
Mar 1, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2009
DragonsWhip said:
FloydBt said:

If they even translated that the right way. Don't get any hits on Heiselberg, but did find something about a nuclear waste thingy cleaning facility in Heidelberg called DEMON :'D Also got some hits on demon possesion in Google Books :'D I am more curious to why Embryo called him a homonculus. It seems like Tusk has lived longer than we believe...

And yes, I love Ange's longer hair. Better than the too long hair. Also, nice to see how her stolen outfit is definitely made for Salia: cus yaknow, boobies. <3

I think what Embryo meant about the homunculus was the maid, Momoka. The part where Momoka shouted "Light of Mana" xD and he was so shocked after that because he didn't expected that one to happen.

LQ screenshots
[spoiler]

Mar 1, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Kirigaro92 said:
Yeah, if you reverse the genders, then yes. But girls don't think the same way guys do. I'm not denying the posibility she is bi, but using that as an argument isn't enough.

That is called a double-standard (not a good thing). If a guy does something that's considered homo, then when a girl does it, it's the same.

boes1977 said:
Personally i hate mecha shows. But when a mecha show grabs me on the few episodes i will keep watching it.

On this anime i like the OST and design. The para-mails looks alot like the aquarion and vandread anime.

Personally i wanted to kill Momoka in the beginning when she appeared in Arzenal. But after the sick Ange episode and the "rescue operation" of the little sister i began to like the Top Maid.

Tusk is one of the few male MC i like from the start (no homo :P) but this episode gave him a point of view that he discard his life. I would see Ange to kill herself the next she see Embryo. But knowing him he would revive her and mind control her then after that.

But i think you all forget the Dragon girls, salamdina girl, i think that a she will sing a song with Ange that will turn time back of open a vortex where Embryo will be swallowed in and never can return? But i also have a feeling that the Alektra woman will do something.

Your first post on the MyAnimeList forums will forever be taken by the show CROSS ANGE and don't you forget it XD

I think Jill's arc is done. The whole point of her arc is to show that Embryo is really good at manipulating people, so as for us the watchers don't hate the characters who turned evil.

Also, I agree on the Momoka thing. I really disliked Momoka at first, but her loyalty is true and sincere.

Oh and on the mech, I can't see the aquarion but I can sort of see the vandread. Aquarion's fregin huge and kinda blocky. The mechs in this show are pretty small.
Mar 1, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
oh god is he stupid?

If a bullet to the head won't kill him why would you think going Allah Snackbar would do anything lmao. He could have easily escaped with Ange too.

Mar 1, 2015 2:29 PM

Apr 2012
I have the feeling that this will have a bad end and then there will be an announcement of a second season. I could be wrong D:
Mar 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Jan 2015
Zeally said:
oh god is he stupid?

If a bullet to the head won't kill him why would you think going Allah Snackbar would do anything lmao. He could have easily escaped with Ange too.

Why do people automatically assume he did something stupid? Like you just said, he just witnessed how easily Embryo respawns after being killed so why would he blow himself and Embryo up? Exactly. He wouldn't. We weren't shown what exactly happened there, but before we're shown that, we first come up with more logical theories and not something that involves utterly retarded character actions.
Mar 1, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2010
Laughed so hard when the children got inadvertently blown into itty bitty pieces, just as an added layer of an indirect "fuck you" against Ersha.

Also, if Embryo respawns whenever he's killed (and this is supported by Embryo having to go so far as to shoot himself to get free from Tusk), why didn't anyone think of simply restraining him? Tusk's grapple hook obviously did the trick, just add 3 more for each remaining limb.
Mar 1, 2015 3:25 PM

Mar 2009
No! Not the maid! Anyone but the maid!
Mar 1, 2015 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
HowTragic said:
Laughed so hard when the children got inadvertently blown into itty bitty pieces, just as an added layer of an indirect "fuck you" against Ersha.

Also, if Embryo respawns whenever he's killed (and this is supported by Embryo having to go so far as to shoot himself to get free from Tusk), why didn't anyone think of simply restraining him? Tusk's grapple hook obviously did the trick, just add 3 more for each remaining limb.

Tusk was the only one who has seen him commit suicide, so he's the only one who's in the position to figure this out. And my bets are that he already has.
Mar 1, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
HowTragic said:

He'll control zombies and make the zombies kill him.

You don't empathize with Ersha at all? I feel really sorry for her, especially since she was one of the characters that helped me stay on the show until Tusk was introduced. If Vivian and Ersha weren't characters in the beginning I would have most likely dropped the show.

Her motives aren't bad. When Arzenal was attacked no one cared about the children that were on the island except her. Embryo helped the children when no one else did and even gave them a home so I can see why she wants to help him.
Mar 1, 2015 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Ange's loved ones are pretty much all dead now ( except her imouto which I don't think counts since she's mentally gone ). When will her suffering end?!?! I mean, Tusk I can deal with. But Momoka?! Nooooooooooooo--
Mar 1, 2015 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Momoka and Tusk both in one episode? Was not expecting that.

Chris is a clearly blind to what is going on, but it seems like everyone with Embryo is.
My Candies:
Mar 1, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
Tusk promised to go back to Ange. He will be back. Momoka too. They can´t kill her.

If those two remain out of the picture, Ange x Hilda or Ange x Salamandinay <3.
Mar 1, 2015 4:36 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, this was another intense episode. Very sad to see Momoka and Tusk being killed off. I feel like Tusk didn't die but Momoka most likely did. Guess I should've taken the preview of the last epiosde more seriously.
Mar 1, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
cyclone1993 said:
But I find it kind of odd that Momoka stabbed him and then got hit by a car/ship that seemed to come from nowhere?

Never_ending said:
Momoka bit with the car didn't seem right to me one bit, but when she used mana it looked werid for her to do that. So if I was going to go with a theory I'll say she used her mana to start up the car they were in to ram them. I know FAR fetched idea but that's the only possible explaintion I can think of.

Far-fetched? That was obviously what happened. And it's genius. Well, as genius as sacrificing yourself to kill a clone goes.

Worst part of the episode was Chris. And zombies. But overall pretty good.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 1, 2015 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, Momoka went out in the most badass way possible. Most loyal servant anyone could ask for. Tusk's death was just meh in comparison.
It's all good unless they kill off Vivian. I can see them doing an ass-pull ending where the world is reconstructed and every character is living happy lives.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god deaths everywhere!
This is one of the few times where I can seriously say that this was a pretty decent episode.
Well at least for Cross Ange standards anyway xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 1, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
regret saying there hasn't been any deaths in while before watching this ;_;
RIP Momoka! i swear somehow Tusk is gonna make it out alive :/.

on a side note though if nothing else i did like the detail they did with Ange's hair growing back to it's former long glory~
Mar 1, 2015 8:32 PM

Aug 2011

Dat face. Momoka and Tusk went out like true OGs.
Mar 1, 2015 10:22 PM

May 2014
Kyuubey appears and grants Ange's wish that this sad stuff never happened, and so Tusk, Momoka and company come back from the dead. Only except she lives the rest of her live as a mahou shoujo in the Incubators' servitude while competing with mahou shoujo! Salia.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Mar 2, 2015 12:48 AM
May 2010
Tusk is not dead, probably Momoka is not either.

Although the show has been suggesting for quite some time that we're dealing with quantum mechanics, Tusk's statement "No it isn't deamon of Heisenburg, resident of a nondeterministic world!" pretty much confirms it. (Also, the two worlds, with the need for Embryo to collapse the second world into the first in order to create a new world was a pretty strong hint as well). Basically, like any good science fiction novel, the writers are playing around with the concept of Shroedinger's cat.

Basically, Embryo can use his power as the "observer" to put himself into a state where he is both alive and dead, and then changes his status as alive. For whatever reason, however, he cannot be in the same location after he does this, which is why he always is shown dying and then reappearing nearby.

Hence, Tusk figured this all out and that's why he swore to Angie that he would be back after suicide bombing himself and Tusk. Tusk knew that if he died in close contact/touching Embryo, Embryo would be forced to bring Tusk back as well in a different location. Notably, Momoka also was touching Embryo when she stabbed Embryo. However, Momoka falls alone but the scene subtly shifts out of focus for a second, so she might be alive or dead but I'm guessing that she's alive.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.