3It was OK
19.4%
2Disliked it
3.7%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.2
108 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Had to face palm myself several times this episode mostly during the sparring. Then, there's Elena's debut and her rivalry with the others, in particular against Shizuno.

>Date
Lol, she's so direct. And wtf, a cat maid outfit...

Feb 22, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2012
I don't think I'll ever get used to the way Elena's hair-eye is drawn. Looks like it's floating.:D She seemed nice and cute enough, though still the enemy ultimately. Lotta boob fanservice this week and humor, plus a WacDonald's trip!:D
Feb 22, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
Her fucking eye is so strange. They should at least covered it completely with her hair.
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 22, 2015 10:46 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hmm. I kind of liked that plushy Moroha got for Elena.

Much better animation this episode.
Feb 22, 2015 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
I was been shaking my head and can't stop smirking (Can't laugh hard since it's midnight).
Until Shizuno and Elena's Battle. So Elena was forced/controlled to kill people because her brother was held hostage?
Well All I can say that this was the best Comedy part (so far) of this Anime. But still need more fight scenes with Moroha being Flaga!
I can't wait again for the next episode next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 22, 2015 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Well that was random. Elena just appeared from nowhere. Some awkward character movement effects. The date was so funny XD That moment when she grabbed Moroha's dick XD I was surprised at how good that russian was. I could actually understand what they were saying. The fight was pretty cool. Elena's strong.
Feb 22, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
uh oh another competition has just arrived

So Shizuno got owned, the question now is will she keep her distance from Moroha, I hope not. Man, she should have had back up.
Feb 22, 2015 11:07 AM
Dec 2014
I think they brought in another voice actor for the Russian... not sure though
Feb 22, 2015 11:07 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Aridus said:
Well that was random. Elena just appeared from nowhere.
I thought it was foreshadowed last episode...?
Feb 22, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Cratex said:
Aridus said:

Yeah it was foreshadowed last episode.

Overall great episode!Can't wait for more!

(Can't wait to see vanilla and harem doujinshi for this anime on Fakku!!)
Feb 22, 2015 11:22 AM
May 2014
yeah, great episode elena is a nice character, I hope don't rush too much this volume.
Feb 22, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
well, I facepalmed like every 10 seconds. GREAT EPISODE BOIS.
Feb 22, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2013
Elena is looking good in that maid outfit. Shizuno finds out who she really is and they have a fight. That was a good fight.
Feb 22, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
This episode had me bursting out laughing multiple times lol
Feb 22, 2015 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Elena looks cute in that maid outfit.

The date was pretty funny.
Feb 22, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2008
Well next episode will be Moroha vs Elena and after she will in Moroha harem. lol

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 22, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Man this episode was much better than the Beach episode. Even though this episode was pretty much a filler but it made me laugh. Sophie block the sword with her boobs was priceless lol, And Kanzaki comes right behind Sophie and grope her boobs. "Oh, hand pleasure!" XD
Feb 22, 2015 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
god why is the animation so bad for the passed two episode. Generally im pretty forgiving after sitting through the disaster that was the final few episodes for Wizard Barristers but this is starting to get unwatchable which is a shame because I'm enjoying the show. Urushibahara= best girl
Around and around the cycle goes.
Feb 22, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
This episode had me laughing so much courtesy of Elena's blind obedience of her 'reputable source' XD and her antics throughout the episode.

What's up with her eye? I know in anime they have glasses that float in mid air and hair that somehow covers the eyes but leaves the outline leaving a hair coloured eyeball but I don't think they were supposed to have an eyeball inserted into her hair rather than her skull thing going on but whatever.

That mock fight where she gets trapped by wires then proceeds to rip her own clothes off as she walks towards him. Why do the girls ALWAYS blame the boys for things which are clearly accidental or not the boy's fault. Her clothes getting torn off was clearly her fault.
Where do the president and vice president come from at just the right moments?

That fight at the end though. Am I the only one wondering why she would use ice attacks on a Russian? Still it was a good fight, brief but good.
Feb 22, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Wh-whoa! Who voices raven guy? I mean, Elena is voiced by an actual Russian (only for her Russian speech, sadly), but Condrat spoke with accent, so I guess it was a Japanese voice actor. But it was a bloody perfect Russian.
Also, with this, Cinderella Girls and Durarara you might start learning Russian in this anime season XD
Feb 22, 2015 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
Spooky eye.
Feb 22, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
Ugh that hair seems weird with that eye visible. The battle was short, that black sword looks amazing though :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 22, 2015 2:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a great episode. The new girl is interesting and the comedy made me laugh.
Nice fight at the end.
Feb 22, 2015 2:49 PM
Feb 2015
will elena join the harem ? :DD cant wait
Feb 22, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
Not much of Satsuki this epsiode, good since she is annoying.
The fight between Shizuno and Elena was alright.
Let's see if Elena develop feeling toward Moroha.
Feb 22, 2015 2:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Elena is hot as fuck and I already like her loads more than the annoying sister

Her fight with Shizuno was awesome, both sides impressed me. And although I feel bad for Elena (Her "Time to kill myself" gimmick was cute) she beer not get in the way of my OTP
Feb 22, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2010
Shizuno is still the best girl but i like that Russian girl.
I wonder what we will be able to expect from her in the future and what she will contribute to the anime.

Moroha seems to trusting towards new characters, even if they might be after him.
Feb 22, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, another girl appears in the harem of Moroha, Elena is very beautiful but from the beginning it was clear that she thought only of attack Moroha

Shizuno quickly discovered and has been confront her, I'm enjoying more and more of her personality, now is already openly declaring that likes Moroha, she is best girl

I think I can already predict how the fight will be of Moroha against Elena next episode ..
Feb 22, 2015 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
When I saw Elena dressed with a cat maid outfit, I started laughing... I was incredible excited with her cute direct to him... xD And Shizuno battle with Elena was "sugoi", so nice! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 22, 2015 3:48 PM

Feb 2013
Anyone with common sense could see that elena is just trying to force the "Love" out by doing very Cliché things she read on a Weird site. Might be news to her but people don't just instant love you because you do such things :>

Tanned girls are awsome <3 So fanservice with Tanned girl is even more awsome :D
I watched so many Ecchi animes and at some point.. i would really like an explonation on why they always slap the guy even if they are the one walking in on the guy in the bathroom or something acidentally happens that makes the guy see them in a ecchi situation.

In the end when she said he would still like her even if she had a scar it felt like elena got really confused and she's only seeing the world very black and white
Feb 22, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2007
"Oh my God". OK I laughed, but that's because this show is so laughable!!
Feb 22, 2015 4:39 PM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.
More shizuno is always nice. I also liked this battle sequence as opposed to the previous ones, the flow was much smoother.
Feb 22, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
Instant waifu, but don't you dare hurt Urushibahara best grill ever again.
Feb 22, 2015 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
I don't understand why Japanese people keep using different languages in anime, it's a bit annoying.

Nice episode, the last one was shit but this one was interesting.

"Koi, Saratiga!"
b1GZZFeb 22, 2015 5:32 PM
Feb 22, 2015 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
Its finally gotten back to being interesting! ^^
Feb 22, 2015 7:26 PM

Mar 2013
b1GZZ said:
I don't understand why Japanese people keep using different languages in anime, it's a bit annoying.

Well, I think it's actually cool that they use different languages, even when with an accent and all.
Feb 22, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty good episode.
That movie scene was really funny, but her eye kinda bugs me.
Feb 22, 2015 9:21 PM

Mar 2014
That eye, what the actual fuck. Please stop that.
Kind of boring, not that much buildup to the (relatively predictable) wavering in Elena's supposedly iron-clad heart and it isn't believable whatsoever, though at least they gave her a believable reason to obey the Lightning Empress's orders, even if it wasn't fully explained. I did appreciate how Satsuki falls for her toneless declarations of "love" every single time though, that was snicker-worthy.

The next episode should be interesting with how Shizuno and Satsuki handle this. Moroha will simply remember how to beat the shit out of her, but they don't have that MC privilege. Might be interesting to see how they form a tag-team since it appears that Elena absorbs any black magic that Shizuno can cast as long as her sword intercepts it first.
Unfortunately, this episode as a whole just doesn't pass muster for me, with that goddamn eye being a significant part of it.
Feb 22, 2015 9:23 PM

Jun 2008
OMG.....
the animation is worse with every new episode

| LastFM |
Feb 22, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2007
19Pyro90 said:
god why is the animation so bad for the passed two episode. Generally im pretty forgiving after sitting through the disaster that was the final few episodes for Wizard Barristers but this is starting to get unwatchable which is a shame because I'm enjoying the show. Urushibahara= best girl
A quick search suggests that the studio may be trying to do too much, and Diomedea likely doesn't have the resources for all the shows they're putting out. They're therefore putting their main effort into the bigger series and letting "lesser" ones like this fall by the wayside.

As such, production delays are probably forcing them to cut corners. If they didn't have the budget, they shouldn't have tried to pull off those scenes in the first place. So it's much more likely that limited production resources left them unable to complete the episodes on time as they'd originally intended, and they opted for obvious shortcuts in order to make their deadlines.
If that's it, the problem could theoretically correct itself in an episode or two if they brought in outside help, but a more likely scenario is they never get caught up, and we suffer this through the entire remainder of the series, possibly even getting worse.

As for the rest of the ep:
Characters were more fun than usual, with even Satsuki being bearable while getting played, which is why it's such a shame the production is going to hell in a hand basket.
And with the new girl being second only to Shizuno, this seems like Russia's season. So many shows where some of the best characters are Russians, and so much actual Russian getting spoken. The Russian in me is smiling.
Feb 22, 2015 10:40 PM

Dec 2013
FINALLY! A character that I like in the Russian Man-eater Elena "Lesha" Arshavina. I love her character design. I love her antics. Most important she is going to be trouble of course since she is from the Russian Branch. We had a decent battle preview of her too. This is where i don't like what I saw because i think the perceived, neglecting of attacks that her sword has seems very cop-out.
Feb 23, 2015 12:56 AM

Mar 2014
Why did it feel like Moroha knew, and just didn't give a damn?
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Feb 23, 2015 1:33 AM

Sep 2013
Elena ' s eyes is so wrong.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 23, 2015 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
I like her.
That move at the cinema, I laughed at their faces.
Feb 23, 2015 9:18 AM

Mar 2014
rumanshi said:
Why did it feel like Moroha knew, and just didn't give a damn?

Probably because he did know and just didn't give two shits because he's the MC, goddammit, and he has the ultimate plot power.
Feb 23, 2015 9:29 AM
Apr 2013
ErwinJA said:
19Pyro90 said:
A quick search suggests that the studio may be trying to do too much, and Diomedea likely doesn't have the resources for all the shows they're putting out. They're therefore putting their main effort into the bigger series and letting "lesser" ones like this fall by the wayside.

As such, production delays are probably forcing them to cut corners. If they didn't have the budget, they shouldn't have tried to pull off those scenes in the first place. So it's much more likely that limited production resources left them unable to complete the episodes on time as they'd originally intended, and they opted for obvious shortcuts in order to make their deadlines.
If that's it, the problem could theoretically correct itself in an episode or two if they brought in outside help, but a more likely scenario is they never get caught up, and we suffer this through the entire remainder of the series, possibly even getting worse.

As for the rest of the ep:
Characters were more fun than usual, with even Satsuki being bearable while getting played, which is why it's such a shame the production is going to hell in a hand basket.
And with the new girl being second only to Shizuno, this seems like Russia's season. So many shows where some of the best characters are Russians, and so much actual Russian getting spoken. The Russian in me is smiling.

Pretty sure the BD release is gonna fix the animation problems. And speaking of animation problems, did you mean the instant changing in a character's posture without the motion? Cause that was my only problem. Aside from that, it's good.(Well, at least better than having eyes that don't match sizes.)
Feb 23, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2010
Cratex said:
Aridus said:

Too bad she gots to own Shizuno's ass.
yeo
Feb 23, 2015 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
I like this girl Elena

[spoiler]It's pretty nice to see that this show put some effort to speak in other language but I wish they could do the same with the animation[spoiler]
RedChromeFeb 23, 2015 11:42 AM
Feb 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2013
That mock battle was cringe worthy. A sword to the boobs doesn't to any damage to the clothes, and yet walking into a bunch of silk strands just rips them apart? Unless it was an issue about the Sophie losing her concentration, I don't see why her clothes would rip in the later scene but receive absolutely no damage in the former. I literally mouthed "Oh, my god why is this stupid filler scene even in here." when she said it.

Elena reminds me of Tobiichi Origami (ala Date A Live). Same lack of apparent emotions, same single-mindedness, though Tobiichi probably had way more reputable sources for er... "Man-eating". I really like deadpan characters like this, just having her here dilutes and balances out the crazy antics that some characters are portraying, and make even characters like Satsuki and Kanzaki somewhat bearable to watch.

Love the cliche backstory of how Elena is fighting so hard to "see her brother again".
Given what she was optimistically stating about how her brother is "Always by her side", I sort of get the feeling that her brother isn't actually on the mortal plain, if you know what I mean, and some sort of higher sorcery is required just for her to come into contact with him. Hope I'm wrong though, because it would be a really sad situation otherwise.

Doubt Shizuno will back away from Moroha. The waify is fearless when it comes to her man.

Also, props to the Russian conversation, it sounded way more natural than when the Seiyuu are forced to speak Eng-rish,

By the way, did anyone notice that Haruka suddenly got bumped up into Main Chara status?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 23, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
It's weird. They made Elena's eye look super fucking weird, and some of the animation this episode was even more deplorable than episode 1, yet at the same time this was easily one of my favorite episode.

We have best girl Shizuno now competing with new girl for Elena for best "plot". Which I have no complaints about; they both have great fucking tits.

Elena had some great moments in there. Especially with the cat ears/tail acting clumsy and such.

Then the sparring with Sophie. That whole scene was completely pointless, but I enjoyed every second of it. Sophie tit deflection, Sophie saying stupid phrases, and then Sophie 100% full nude and getting groped by Kanzaki.

The fight with Shizuno vs Elena had pretty awful animation, but they managed to upgrade Shizuno's badass level quite a bit. Her ice spells were stronger and she had a sick dragon. Really the only reason Elena didn't get shit on was because of her OP sword....which also looks insanely fucking cool. Way cooler than Moroha's Saratiga.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

78 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by LemonSvk »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:36 AM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2015

97 by tanaymulik_ »»
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.