Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 2, 2015 7:22 AM

Oct 2008
The entire episode feels boring/sleepy but the last part is a bit funny at least.

Feb 2, 2015 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
Episode 2 is much better than this one. The lack of Kato reduce the episode's quality.
Tho that hat scene was pretty much a highlight of the episode for me.
7/10 Kato still best girl and always will be. Other girls don't even stand a chance.
Feb 2, 2015 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Kato fixed best girl <3
Feb 3, 2015 1:37 AM

May 2010
Kato giving her all to be a moe heroine for Aki's sake. Stop it, you are already moe enough <3 Such a perfect girl..

Good episode, a bit slow but rewarding.
Feb 3, 2015 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Utaha hitting Kato on the head was the highlight of this episode for me. I still don't see anything worth liking about Aki but the 3 girls make it amusing enough to watch.
Feb 3, 2015 2:57 PM

Dec 2011
Who would have thought that the "boring" girl would be the most interesting girl (so far)? I really didn't expect that Kato would be so interesting!

I liked the art in this show, a bit unique but really well made. Also liked the fact they break the fourth wall just like that, lol.

This series is starting to grow on me. Hopefully they can maintain (and make it better, of course!) this level of quality in the upcoming episodes.
Feb 3, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

Lol Eriri is your typical Tsundere girl. She probably likes Tomoya-san even though she hates to admit it.

Utaha can be pretty crazy at times!

And wow did Katou just cancelled her family plans just so he could meet up with Tomoya?!

Though i think Utaha and Eriri despite acting like they don't want to be with Tomoya-san, in the end they probably want to help him achieved his dreams despite being crazy and outright impossible at times.

I'm glad they did helped out though!

I have to wonder if all three girls do love Aki-san , but for different reasons.

I'm going for Katou for sure! She has this innocent aura around her. She's not into ecchi nor can be abusive. She may look normal, but she is quite special at staying simple and sweet.

Though her hair kinda reminds me of Sasaki Kaori from
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete.

All in all can't wait for the next episode! Love it!
Feb 5, 2015 8:16 AM

Feb 2015
another fun ep. kato for top tier waifu candidate. she made my kokoro go doki doki in that 'act moe' scene lol. happy that those 2 help her even if they're not that fond of her.. although sawamura's tsun tsun need more love.

isnt otakus supposed to be bad in social interactions? well i guess mc still have his sh*t right after becoming an otaku.

and also, kato somewhat reminds me of nagisa. the way she say that tomoya-kun and her tone is so nagisa-ish lol..

this show has drama too right? i wonder how will they come up to that part.
Feb 6, 2015 7:17 AM

Nov 2014
Awww Megumi trying her best and working hard to be an appealing and perfect for Tomoya's game! Eriri and Utaha helping her out too was super nice of them.

I love Eriri she's my fave...and Tomoya telling her she acts very tsundere lmao

Her hiding the closet when Utaha was there and Utaha knew haha! Shoulda hid that bike.~ xD
Feb 6, 2015 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Episode perhaps less fun in the dialogues than the previous, but with a much more romantic.
Plot that moves forward, but I thought there was more originality, I hope that in the end there's a plot twist that makes this original TV series, not the usual final granted.
Drawings and animations still a good standard.
Tomoya is increasingly irritating, but it's an otaku unmatched. XD
I hope that Aki choose a girl who has nothing to do with the story, the one that you would be a twist epic! LOL
Feb 6, 2015 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
Aaah, lampshades being hanged here, there, and everywhere, soo hilarious!!! Damn I like this show! XD

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Feb 7, 2015 3:27 AM

May 2013
Good episode thought the quality seemed a bit lacking during some scenes.
Feb 7, 2015 4:49 PM

Feb 2013
Kato, still best girl... by far. I am very much enjoying the conversations with her. The other 2 girls are a bit too generic to be "interesting".

Awe crap, wasted another day...
Feb 13, 2015 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
Shit, man, Katou really is best girl and waifu, I feel bad for Eriri, Utaha and co. :/
They're obviously great too, of course, but it's weird that by being so bland and normal, Katou ends up taking all the place.

That visit from the two girls was great. It was so obvious that Utaha would end up noticing that Eriri was there xD
Eriri is also pretty bold for a tsundere. Going to your crush place to draw loli doujinshi o.O
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 13, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Shit, man, Katou really is best girl and waifu, I feel bad for Eriri, Utaha and co. :/
They're obviously great too, of course, but it's weird that by being so bland and normal, Katou ends up taking all the place.
10/10, would be the MC again

That visit from the two girls was great. It was so obvious that Utaha would end up noticing that Eriri was there xD
Eriri is also pretty bold for a tsundere. Going to your crush place to draw loli doujinshi o.O
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 15, 2015 5:11 AM

Jun 2008
The truly important moment of the episode.

Pat_To_Do-List said:
BlackSol said:
Any show can be better than the mess that was Sakurasou. As it stands now, The MC is still somewhat unlikable, which I guess can be expected considering that he's supposed to be a stereotypical otaku. I'm watching it for the girls, especially Kato, but I would like a legitimate reason for all these girls to like the MC (although since this is essentially a harem anime, I doubt it).

That "mess" is still better with its first 3 episodes than this anime show. So, there's that.

No it really wasn't. First every single girl here is better than those caricatures we had there and yeah and that includes even the typical thundere twin tails girl.

DivineAnime1 said:
This SAO ref tho

The fact that you only spotted SAO there shows how low level you are.

MonadFeb 15, 2015 5:24 AM
Feb 16, 2015 9:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Asuna Yuuki from SAO in the background lol

Other notable anime figures Tomoya had were Kirino from Oreimo and Leafa from SAO.

I like the new Megumi. She's much more livelier than her other self. Although both of her personalities are likable. Them legging as well. She's a natural when it comes to dressing up.

Feb 19, 2015 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
The second half of this episode was lovely but that doesn't make the first half with Utaha and Eriri any less fun.
Feb 20, 2015 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
That jealousy from Utaha and Eriri lol!
Katou just too damn kawaii!!
Feb 21, 2015 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
So fun to watch lol

Feb 22, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty güt episode, will keep watching this for a while.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 27, 2015 9:50 AM
Jan 2010
so pandery and cringy
Feb 28, 2015 2:13 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice episode, goddamn that Katou's act....that was very attractive

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 29, 2015 10:30 PM

Nov 2014
Best girl!

Mar 31, 2015 11:10 AM
May 2012
Awww, Kato is so sweet <3 I like her best when she is just being her true self~
Utaha is hot, and I prefer Eriri without twin tails!!
May 7, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2012
Cute ending, quite like where this is going!
May 8, 2015 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
Wow Katou, wow from invisible girl to wow girl xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 7, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
ok ep
nothing more
'goagle' it :P
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 22, 2016 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
Eriri looks way better with her hair let down and with a glasses on. Makes her look more mature.

It's hard to find a girl that would put so much effort just to help a guy like that. It's been decided. Kato = best girl. At least until the others show up. That chick with a short hair and big rack seem like a great contender.
Feb 8, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
Megumi looked like a maid with that dress HNG.
Mar 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Utaha is quite the actress.. the temperature is rising.
Tomo's attention span is ridiculously short, though I can spend the day like that too.
That was a nice heart to heart talk on the phone.. but she actually came back for him wow.
Alright, her sweetness is over the radar. They lived happily ever after.

Megumi look absolutely cute dressed like that. She's already winning the race a long shot.
"Moe me up!" ... seriously??!! I want her to moe me up too.
Oct 4, 2016 11:09 PM

Sep 2011
God what a cutie ..
Oct 10, 2016 8:41 AM

Jun 2013
the beginning of the episode where kato was at the aquarium, the rising seal is the same as the one from the vine
Oct 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
So Katou is really pumped up for it now, though I don't really get why.
Jan 25, 2017 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
Katou Was Really Cute This Episode!!!
Apr 21, 2017 12:38 AM
Apr 2017
I cant help but think that Utaha-senpai is demanding an answer from Aki.....not only in the game but also in RL..I think she wants to know who will be the lucky girl with Aki...fun episode...btw Michiru-chan...get back!!! miss ya already T∼T
Apr 21, 2017 12:40 AM
Apr 2017
Uchihaaa said:
Uchihaaa said:

AMEN T THAT BRO!! *highfives*
May 14, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
This is more my thoughts on the series thus far than a specific reaction to Episode 3.

When I first started watching anime (ironically not long before this came out) I probably would have liked this series a lot more. I definitely got more into way trashier and less creative shows. But watching Saekano for the first time now all I can feel is crushing disappointment. Not because I expected it to be great. Or find it particularly awful. But because I think its premise is honestly pretty solid. And there are moments when its genuinely transcendent of its goofy harem limitations and pretty damn funny. But much like its titular heroine. It's dragged down by being just kind of boring and lifeless.

The idea of a cheeky high school harem where a creative team compiled of dating sim tropes make a dating sim is almost brilliant in a meta way. And it can have some pretty clever humor. It's just too much of the humor doesn't work. And it's often at its cringiest when it tries for genuine human emotion. Like the almost effective but just kind of eye rolling ending of this episode.

One thing I will give this. It makes the cute anime girls as secret otakus thing work better than any show I've seen try it. Because it's so borderline apologetic about its inherent silliness. And the characters in question act like genuine creators. Or at least an exaggerated view of them. One of the jokes that made me laugh the hardest was the MCs assertion that the prettiest girl in school was nothing but VN/LN nonsense. And that the "two prettiest girls in school" was an oxymoron. It's ability to roll its eyes at what it's indulging in is kind of hilarious and one of the most remarkable things about this series.

Finally I have to give it to them all these girls are a little cute. I especially liked Eriri ridiculous blonde pig tailed tsundere trope that she may be. And glasses and sweats Eriri is borderline inspired. But just as the writing on the show can't elevate its rather basic formula. None of the girls quite rise above the tropes they both represent and poke fun at. I think this series wanted to be a biting satire/uniquely self aware type of high school harem. Something along the lines of Monogatari or Oregairu. But instead it was just a slightly above average version of what it mocks.
Jun 2, 2017 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
Perfect example of procrastination. It's real.

Utaha was amusing. Especially her little rant. Katou was cute in this episode. Her acting is so natural you think that it's real.

Aug 30, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2014
Ah, writer's block and procrastination. I know these too so well...
Looks like Tomoya actually needs Katou to get some inspiration. I guess you could say she's his muse.
It was nice to see Eriri and Utaha working together. They hide their feelings on different degrees and don't seem to get along, but they aren't that different.
Dec 22, 2017 11:58 AM

Oct 2017

WTH!!!???

HANDS OFF KATOU!!!
Pretty much the only character that makes it worth watching the series.... ;)
Jan 10, 2018 2:57 PM

May 2015
Katou is the best. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 11, 2018 4:24 AM
Feb 2018
We all know Katou's going to be the main girl and I silently don't agree. But when one of the side girls even confirms it (Utaha) then what can we do?

Both Eriri and Utaha are lining up for best girl position with Eriri having a slight lead.

Utaha reminds me of Akeno while Eriri reminds me of every other tsundere out there and I'm a sucker for tsunderes.
Jun 26, 2019 7:38 AM

Jun 2017
And it was at this moment.... I fell for Katou, omg, never thought I'd choose her over Kasumigaoka, never thought this day would come, and I was just re-watching it.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 4, 2019 8:42 AM

Feb 2019
Megumi is so cute. But her heroine persona is less attractive than just her regular, normal self. There's just something cute and attractive about her being normal. Who blows off a family vacation for something like this though lol

Loving this series. Eriri is REALLY tsundere.
Sep 26, 2020 2:25 AM

Aug 2017
Eriri looks much more mature and beautiful in her home look.

And once again, Katou Megumi is the MVP of this episode. She had a complete makeover and even trained to inspire Aki. Katou is seriously the best.

Jan 15, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
This was a pretty good episode, easily better than the first one for sure. It was pretty interesting seeing how easy procrastination can apply even when you have the most basic idea of what you want to do as the outline. The lack of inspiration despite knowing who he wants to use as the base model of the heroine was clearly evident as he couldn't even write down words on his document that aren't just the breakdown of what all he needs to write in this proposal. Deadlines are pretty key too as Utaha and Eriri are also busy with their own works and to be able to commit to working with Tomoya on this visual novel, they're not only needing to see the commitment and real desire to get this to succeed, but also to see if he can produce a project together since if they want the VN to sell well and be of good quality, the deadlines are a pretty important factor for him to be able to meet and grind out.

Good thing for him in the end, that Megumi met up with Utaha and Eriri to try and act like the best ideal heroine she could be from her acting to her clothing, to try and last-minute inspire Tomoya to push on and create a proposal that could succeed with them and show that he does have some creative abilities in his brain, just needed the inspiration to unlock it and not procrastinate (which was worsened during the time where Megumi went on a family holiday to Hokkaido). Utaha and Eriri even now want to help him out even if he slightly missed it since they do feel something there with him, even if that proposal in the end was rejected post-credits. It was really nice seeing Megumi decide to cut short the family vacation just to train her best to inspire Tomoya with her makeover, shows how much of a caring and committed person she really is despite her 'boring' exterior.

Overall, a solid effort this time around and I have to say, I felt like Utaha was by far the standout character in the series for me in my first watch but this time around, she's about tied with Megumi Katou for me in terms of favorite character from this show. Still don't really find Eriri that charming or likable even with the self-aware tsundere gimmick she's playing at.
May 3, 2021 12:41 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Love that attention to detail with the sound design on the close up of his laptop and the cheap hard drive noises you used to hear on thick prebuilt laptops lol

Still can’t really say if it’d be worth it to continue or not. Half of me says it’s gonna be a waste of time, but the other half says I’m going to be missing out on something. Actually make that 75/25, respectively. Don’t really dig the character designs that much, they really look kind of lame. Although that’s not important as the character writing itself, which is interesting in this case because they are in a way above all the common tropes as they address them and even break the fourth wall sometimes. But it still feels kind of dull. Idk, maybe I’ll put it on hold for now

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 12, 2021 10:32 AM

Jun 2020
The deadline is nearing and Tomoya doesn't have much time left

Eriri on glasses is something else she really looks cute with those, I really like Utaha teasing Tomoya kind of pleasing, Megumi still as bland as ever but she changed some things when she met Tomoya and it's cute to see her change a bit although the training was a bit cruel with Utaha but a nice dress change by Eriri

It's funny how the two still support Tomoya's decision and how they help Megumi Eriri just wanna tease Megumi.
Jul 18, 2021 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Tomoya procastinate by reading manga really hit me because I'm now also in the middle of procastinating... What makes matters even worse is seeing how much effort Kato has put into becoming a moe heroine inspiration while Tomoya hasn't even set a word on paper.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

315 by Foigo »»
Apr 25, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

111 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.