Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2015 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
Just a bit of trivia:
Did anyone else catch that Mongoose mask cameo (and yes, it's a mongoose) during the festival? It's also featured more prominately in Nodame Cantibile as it's mascot, another music-related series that Aketagawa Jin, the sound director worked on. Shigatsu and Nodame also share a couple of the same producers.

I'm thinking Kaori picked that song for Kousei because of the situation that she is in, as opposed to Kousei thinking it was for his mother.
Jan 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2012
Gosh, when Kousei starts humming the Claire de Lune and tsubaki finished it ... that was soo good
Jan 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
ah this series makes me cry literally every episode
poor tsubaki ;_;
Jan 22, 2015 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode as usual.
Tragedy is upcoming
Jan 22, 2015 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
Really good ep, probably my favorite so far and I don't even really like Tsubaki that much
Jan 22, 2015 2:59 PM

Nov 2013
please die already. I can't wait anymore. I feel so fucking bad for arima
Jan 22, 2015 3:00 PM
Mar 2011
Kaori is really getting on my nerves..she needs to stop hiding things ;-;
The ending scene had my crying and I don't even like Tsubaki.. Here we go again, a long week wait for 15.
Jan 22, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
VanishingKira said:
Somehow this episode made me feel even more annoyed by Tsubaki than usual.

This episode was suppose to make me feel sad for her but didn't feel a thing.

Same. I think it's because she's so wishy washy in everything she does. Wants Kousei to get back on his feet, aiding Koari in forcing him to face his trauma and return to musicianship, and is now wailing at the results.

Same here. Tsubaki really is an idiot. Kousei just sees her as his childhood friend nothing more. That hospital scene made me mad. Kousei keeps thinking about Kaori leaving him, instead of thinking how about ASKING her directly what is going on -.-
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 22, 2015 3:22 PM

Apr 2012
Show feels a bit dragged out. Kousei knows that she is is gravely ill but doesn't prod to get any real answers.
I enjoyed the Tsubaki centric part of the episode. The insert song was used to good effect.

Jan 22, 2015 3:25 PM

Apr 2011
Tsubaki!!!!

Nagi is finally appearing in the next episode!!!
Jan 22, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2014
There is no death flags. Like, she is going to die . 99.89% positive.
Jan 22, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
VanishingKira said:
Somehow this episode made me feel even more annoyed by Tsubaki than usual.

This episode was suppose to make me feel sad for her but didn't feel a thing.

Same. I think it's because she's so wishy washy in everything she does. Wants Kousei to get back on his feet, aiding Koari in forcing him to face his trauma and return to musicianship, and is now wailing at the results.

Well obviously she is jealous because she feels like she can't connect to him on the level that Kaori can. She just feels alienated. It's not that she is whining about his own personal achievements. I'm sure if Kaori wasn't in the picture, she wouldn't be so flustered.

Jan 22, 2015 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
so
>Kaori dies soon
>relationship with Tsubaki lost
>ggwp Kousei

nice ep because it focused on Tsubaki
Jan 22, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, Tsubaki is also conscious of him, it's about time. That beach scene where they switch their roles and grew up a bit was pretty emotional.

I'm torn cause I want to root for Tsubaki now, she was always the second one. I want her to to find out her happiness in her life. But at the same time, I wonder what will happen to Kaori. Either she dies at some point of the story, and Kousei will have to go again through great loss while Tsubaki will take a place by his side or Tsubaki will be friendzoned. And neither of this is good ending. Sufferring awaits, I guess.

It seems Tsubaki is going to break-up with Saitou next time. And it seems Takeshi's younger sister is coming on scene.

Sidenote: In a way, Tsubaki reminds me of Makoto from Tokikake.

bjorno said:
That hospital scene made me mad. Kousei keeps thinking about Kaori leaving him, instead of thinking how about ASKING her directly what is going on -.-

Well, he TRIED (if you haven't noticed). And not only this time. It's Kaori who doesn't want him to ask those questions.

By now, it's pretty obvious that Kaori is lying intentionally about her disease just that others are still acting the same around her.
Shigatsu wa Kimi Uso.
Mich666Jan 22, 2015 3:59 PM
Jan 22, 2015 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
ranma6899 said:
anyone know what she dieing from

(Wasn't sure if it's considered a "spoiler" or not since speculation, but safe than sorry.)
Jan 22, 2015 3:55 PM
Oct 2012
ranma6899 said:

Plot device?

I have very mixed feelings about this show (as well as the manga), there are a lot of good things in it, but I really wish the author (and the anime even more) would dial back the blatant attempts to manipulate our emotions. A little subtlety here and there wouldn't hurt.
Jan 22, 2015 3:58 PM

May 2011
My, things are getting more dramatic.

#teamTsubaki
Jan 22, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
Zeally said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Well obviously she is jealous because she feels like she can't connect to him on the level that Kaori can. She just feels alienated. It's not that she is whining about his own personal achievements. I'm sure if Kaori wasn't in the picture, she wouldn't be so flustered.
I think Kaori is an extension of it, but she's had this conflict for years as this episode shows. The way she really feels is what we saw at the end of the ep, she hates music because it takes him away from her. But she knows it's what he really wants to pursue, which is why she stubbornly urged him to get back into it despite her true feelings. That itself would be pretty honorable and make you feel for her, as would her attempt to move on with Saitou, if she wasn't so wishy washy about it. Surely she was prepared for Kousei moving away to pursue music, but she bursts into tears and runs away when he takes that step, blaming him and music. It's understandable for her to be conflicted, but seeing it to this extent makes you question how selfless her motives really were in pushing him.
Jan 22, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Another great episode, but were it not for Tsubaki throwing a fit, I'd felt that they're dragging it out a bit too much. This is the second episode in a row with almost no real plot development. Characters are developping, but more or less under the direction of Cpt. Obvious. As much as I would have hated it, if it continues along this track, it could have been a 12 episodes show.

Also, Kousei literally seeing his mother instead of Kaori when entering her hospital room was a bit overkill (pardon the pun).

ranma6899 said:

Well, she mentioned being "rather anemic", she seems to go for a copious sugar intake too, and this episode it is revealed that she's actually on some constant IV when here friends are not there, so chemo,.. Leukemia?

In any case, I'm pretty sure it's not Lupus.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 22, 2015 4:30 PM

Nov 2014
OHMYGOD THAT LAST SCENE KILLED MY HEART with the shiny mud balls TTOTT I feel really bad for Tsubaki. Omg and I feel so bad for Saito-senpai too cuz he seems like a nice guy, but Tsubaki already likes Kousei... It was also just super sad that every time anyone talks to Kousei, all he can think of is Kaori, like when Tsubaki was talking to him on the beach TTATT I feel like it was sort of a given that Kousei would go to a music school though... I wonder if he'll run into Takeshi or Emi?? Probably... I wonder what's going to happen to Kaori? Like, she was clearly faking being ok. And, will Tsubaki be kept in the story somehow after Kousei leaves? AGHHHHH I can't wait for next week :DD
Jan 22, 2015 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
ranma6899 said:

Plot device?

I have very mixed feelings about this show (as well as the manga), there are a lot of good things in it, but I really wish the author (and the anime even more) would dial back the blatant attempts to manipulate our emotions. A little subtlety here and there wouldn't hurt.

haha I actually completely agree, but I'm totally a sucker for this kind of thing, especially since it involves classical music to an extent XD
Jan 22, 2015 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
Meh episode focused around worst girl. This ep is probably my least favourite episode so far.

y123y said:
ranma6899 said:

I think its from a broken heart

lmao
Jan 22, 2015 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso made me cry again...,. what a surprise :)
Jan 22, 2015 4:42 PM

Sep 2010
It was ok even when the osanajimi is the most boring part of the series.
Jan 22, 2015 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
Tsubaki has fallen sharply in my concept in this episode, do not like indecisive characters and only after they lose something realize that was important, already Kaori appears to be with a death flag, I will wait and see

At this moment I would hope to Emi for do romantic couple with Kousei since she has romantic feelings for him, and I was curious to know who the blonde girl in Kousei's lap of that appears in the preview ..

Jan 22, 2015 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
that was a nice arrangement of clair de lune, it was the perfect time to play it too
lol
Jan 22, 2015 5:04 PM

May 2014
Every episode I watch I'm like this:

And I'm assuming if the show keeps going like this I won't have any more tears to shed by episode 22.
Jan 22, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2009
Kaori might be alright right now but they keep showing this hint of shadow that is so alluring

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 22, 2015 5:34 PM
Oct 2011
Great episode, got me tearing... get him Tsubaki!
Jan 22, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2009
ranma6899 said:

Cancer, she seem to be on chemotherapy. Tho im not 100% sure since she should be loosing her hair if its in a late stage.
Obviously it isn't going to well, since she seems to already know she is going to die, and that very soon.
ZnoteJan 22, 2015 5:40 PM
Jan 22, 2015 5:42 PM

Sep 2013
death flags.. death flags everywhere!
Jan 22, 2015 5:48 PM

Jun 2007
Znote said:
ranma6899 said:

Cancer, she seem to be on chemotherapy. Tho im not 100% sure since she should be loosing her hair if its in a late stage.
Obviously it isn't going to well, since she seems to already know she is going to die, and that very soon.

Put me down for some form of brain cancer. Depending on location these are often inoperable, so it would provide plenty of explanation as to why she seems to be alright on the outside (aside from these episodes of passing out), but has seemingly no hope for survival.
Jan 22, 2015 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
That face when Tsubaki finally realized she loves Arima. Sucks she had to realize it right after he decides to move to a music school for high school.

Kaori, pleaaaaaaaaaase get better. I'm still rooting for you!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jan 22, 2015 5:56 PM

Oct 2014
Great character development for Tsubaki in this episode!! Those feels when Arima was asking so many questions about Kaori inside his head though...... T_T
Jan 22, 2015 6:06 PM
Nov 2013
English translation of the novel she got. Might contain major spoilers. https://japanesenovels.wordpress.com/category/alliance-of-the-15s-complete/
Jan 22, 2015 6:06 PM

Jun 2010
Lol so this is how dense characters feel like after loosing everying XD.

well no worries Tsubaki, with the amount of death flags raised over Kaori's head there's no way you'd lose to her.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 22, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2007
richard360 said:
Lol so this is how dense characters feel like after loosing everying XD.

well no worries Tsubaki, with the amount of death flags raised over Kaori's head there's no way you'd lose to her.

I am afraid it is hopeless for Tsubaki. Kaori may have imminent death to overcome, but Tsubaki has a far more impossible hurdle: childhood friend syndrome.
Jan 22, 2015 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Good to see that Kaori is doing alright in the hospital.
Those cakes she got look really delicious. I want one.
A little flashback and Little Kousei and Tsubaki are so cute.
Tsubaki hated music because it always took Kousei away from her.
Really sweet seeing those two walk along the beach with their popsicles.
Kousei saying he wants to take up a music course at High School
bought tears to Tsubaki cause he is gonna have to leave.
So emotional and with the music which was great and really fit in with that whole scene.
Loving this show and cannot wait for next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 22, 2015 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Kaori looks just so sickly
Jan 22, 2015 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
the scene where Tsubaki realizes her true feelings was so well done T^T

Jan 22, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2009
Tsubaki is most overused archetype of stupid bitch. She drove herself there and must deal with losing him for good.
Smudy said:
I can only see this anime going two possible ways by now.

1. Kaori lives and Kousei x Kaori happens. (Happy ending)
2. Kaori dies and Kousei x Tsubaki get together long after her death. (Bittersweet/sad ending)

3. Kousei x blonde loli apprentice is most realistic option.
Jan 22, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
How to pull on my heartstrings:
[x] Unrequited Love

I think episodes like these are actually more "feelsy" than the previous, simply because Tsubaki is more relatable as a character than Kaori.

Clare de Lune!!!!!!!!!!! I know they changed the key and all but it was still a really good remix with that original insert song.

4kicks said:
Just a bit of trivia:
Did anyone else catch that Mongoose mask cameo (and yes, it's a mongoose) during the festival? It's also featured more prominately in Nodame Cantibile as it's mascot, another music-related series that Aketagawa Jin, the sound director worked on. Shigatsu and Nodame also share a couple of the same producers.

YEAH IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. i didn't know they have the same producers. good surprise!!
for anyone else who's curious: http://i.imgur.com/A5zA9XT.jpg
Jan 22, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2009
alright. this anime is just 10x better when i DONT read the manga (like i did for last week's episode). the hype is just so much better without the spoilers.

ah, what an amazing episode. i was kinda mad that they neglected kaori (like they put her subplot/plot aside for now to deal with tsubaki's), but in the end, her story was handled so well that i cant even be mad.

wooooooooooooooooooooo~!
Jan 22, 2015 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
hmm not as good of an ep. but it's nice to have a slower ep...

I felt a little bit for tsubaki... only at the end there though...
still don't really like her that much; she reminds me of linda from golden time.

just PLEASE don't let kaori die... please :(

Celestrial2 said:

don't say that!
mika_chuJan 22, 2015 7:12 PM
Jan 22, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2012
Well, poor Tsubaki. I always ship for the childhood friend, even though, as someone said before, childhood friend never wins.

Except for

It is getting boring to me the whole Kaori death thing. But, everything else, 5/5.

mika_chu said:
hmm not as good of an ep. but it's nice to have a slower ep...

I felt a little bit for tsubaki... only at the end there though...
still don't really like her that much; she reminds me of linda from golden time.

just PLEASE don't let kaori die... please :(

Celestrial2 said:

I hated Linda, but I kinda like Tsubaki. Kaori seems to not give a shit to Kousei, except for the music thing.
Jan 22, 2015 7:13 PM
Oct 2010
yongming said:
English translation of the novel she got. Might contain major spoilers. https://japanesenovels.wordpress.com/category/alliance-of-the-15s-complete/

you guys should really read this if you want to understand what may come in the next couple of episodes. its the novel she got from the pool of books watari gave kaori where kousei's name is in the library card. contains major spoilers though...
Jan 22, 2015 7:18 PM

Aug 2011
I've liked every episode of this anime so far, but this one was by far the best. Dem feels, dem deathflags!
Jan 22, 2015 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
tunaspikes said:
yongming said:

you guys should really read this if you want to understand what may come in the next couple of episodes. its the novel she got from the pool of books watari gave kaori where kousei's name is in the library card. contains major spoilers though...

Thanks for the bump and link!

Will save the novel for later c:
Jan 22, 2015 7:21 PM
May 2014
The technical execution is just a charm to witness, that soundtrack is just fucking stellar. This episode was great to watch but sadly was plagued by the nonsensical dialogue this series has and will suffer from. At least it was kept down in this episode, good stuff, but the anime as a whole is still just mediocre.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jan 22, 2015 7:24 PM
Jul 2012
they were humming clair de lune
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.