Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 17, 2015 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
so, now the introduction episode. and it turns out that Kato Megumi is the girl who inspired aki to make dating sim.
great, can't wait to see Kato again
Jan 17, 2015 12:15 PM
Oct 2014
orario said:
KittyDaFuhrer said:
Pretty nice first episode. As a departure from Episode 0, I appreciated how they slowed down the pace to show how everything got started. Though it seems like a problem that it's already pretty damn obvious who is going to win even considering I haven't read the LN, it'll be fun to see the ride getting there.

The journey is more important than the destination, right? I better hope so.
Who is going to win?

I said it three posts ago ffs
Jan 17, 2015 2:56 PM

Feb 2014
Jarkzy said:
orario said:
Who is going to win?

I said it three posts ago ffs

It was obvious from the start. Seems like Japanese writers can't mix things up. First girl rule forever, right? What's more always those plain ones/least interesting win.

Other then that OK episode but comedy isn't really that good and romance/drama is predictable as hell. I'm not sure what can it offer to keep me interested. So far doesn't look very promising...
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 17, 2015 5:37 PM

Dec 2009
I like it, it subverts what we think are going to be the two front runners and puts a girl who doesn't follow the stereotypes of anime.

Instead of the gloomy long haired beauty or the tsundere foreigner its just some girl who doesn't seem to be abnormal at all.
Jan 17, 2015 10:32 PM

Aug 2014
I want mooooore!
can't get enough of that art and the characters
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2015 3:27 AM

Sep 2014
This anime has so many references such as Amagi brilliant park, Date A Live, SAO, Kannagi, Oreimo, Sekai Seifuku. I'm amazed by his room. I want Aki's room!

The returning of Kirito's voice, I just love his voice :)

Utaha and Eriri are the best! But I'm more on Utaha :D
Jan 18, 2015 8:11 AM

Oct 2009
How the animation quality stay consistent cus it was really pleasant.
Jan 18, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2010
So in love with this.
Don't even know why. Maybe it's the animation and quick dialogue. It's just really endearing to me. Gonna be great!

I also love Kato. She's my fave.
Jan 18, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2010
Jarkzy said:
Just in case you want to know, the main heroine here is
so dont get your hopes up with the other girls or you will be heartbroken.

Seriously? I was under the impression that it was

I don't really mind though. I really liked this first episode. It feels as if all 3 of the heroines are going to be important.
Jan 18, 2015 7:23 PM

Nov 2007
Ragna92 said:
Jarkzy said:
Just in case you want to know, the main heroine here is
so dont get your hopes up with the other girls or you will be heartbroken.

Seriously? I was under the impression that it was

I don't really mind though. I really liked this first episode. It feels as if all 3 of the heroines are going to be important.

They gave it away in the parody (prologue) episode if you did not notice.

Anyways, the epilogue episode was never to fool me. I knew I would like this anime if I gave it a try. So, it seems it's going to be a good ride. :)

The ED is lovely.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 18, 2015 7:49 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode, I loved it! Eriri & Utaha are both awesome, I love how they were acting so uninterested in Tomoya's idea but they both showed up anyway, hm...~

And Kato's the girl who inspired this all, definitely looking forward to seeing more of her.

Go Tomoya! I really like how passionate he is about this and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Jan 19, 2015 9:22 AM

Feb 2010
I really enjoyed this episode, I need more of this :)

Can't wait for next week
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 19, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
Jesus the blonde.... such a generic tsundere.... Not that any of the girls so far are any unique but she was too painfully tsundere that I had to cringe. I love Tsundere characters, but after watching 50 anime with the same o'l generic Tsundere I am starting to get pissed off by the noticable lack of originality.

Generic otaku loser-kun protagonist gets all the girls.... Gotta love those wish-fulfillment pondering to the otaku crowd anime....

Yay! Another harem.... episode 0 was enjoyable because of the brilliant fanservice making me ignore the Harem aspect (I hate harems with passion) But now in the real thing... they take out the only redeemable aspect of the show and make it a generic harem without fanservice..

Well I guess you could consider the 'game making' aspect as 'unique' or 'good' but lets be honest, the 'game creation' is just an excuse for the same old generic harem BS. I doubt game creation is going to be a big focus of this anime, more like its just a set up or the theme of the harem. Just like Infinite Stratos has generic fights, this has generic group work. I also feel like this game creation could very easily feel like another school club anime (where the action is centered on a high school club and its members, eg Suzumyia Haruhi, K-on! etc.) Because of those cast members doing all those 'club screwing around' activities I've seen in 9000 other anime.

In any case, I was dissapointed by this episode. I will not drop this anime yet, but I feel like I will need to force myself to watch episode 2. In any case I will give it a chance.
I am a human.
Jan 19, 2015 5:34 PM
Sep 2013
All the characters are generic to the absurd, but I feel like that's part of all the lampshading that this anime seems to be centered around. I really enjoyed it, in fact I enjoyed it so much that I don't even feel mad about the fan service. I'm a sucker for lampshading and otaku bait, both of the episodes kept me smiling for the most part so that's nice.
Jan 20, 2015 2:10 AM

Jan 2014
Well, not so bad. But also sad.
Jan 20, 2015 4:01 AM

Sep 2010
Gsimp said:
Love the animation, the plot could be interesting if they manage to avoid the usual generic plot points, and the girls are good to look at as well, but am I the only one that dislikes the MC? During his two convos with Eriri and Utaha he came across as very obtrusive and annoying. "Yeah I know you're busy, but hear me out one more time, just one more time, please hear me out one more time."

I find the MC a bit overdemanding of the girls too, but that _could_ be interpreted as a positive. Worst bit is, he stood them up in the AV room. >.>

Sokah said:
I feel like I've seen this anime about a thousand times before. Ironic that the main character's work is getting criticized for being derivative and unoriginal. With dozens of series each cour, most of them set in highschool, and most of those with pathetic male protagonists surrounded by super effective female harems, it can be hard to stand out... except by, you know, doing ANYTHING AT ALL different, which this show doesn't. Looking a lot like a huge waste of ink.

I'm guessing that's the point - to poke fun at and deconstruct the high school harem anime genre. Episode 0 poked plenty of fun at the genre too.
Jan 21, 2015 2:46 AM

Apr 2011
Fantastic 1st episode, cant wait for the 2nd episode.
Jan 21, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
eriririririri best girl. twintails always are the best
Jan 22, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
Takata said:
I'm guessing that's the point - to poke fun at and deconstruct the high school harem anime genre. Episode 0 poked plenty of fun at the genre too.

Poking fun at the harem genre is also pretty generic and cliche which I've seen done thousands of times before(hyperbole). It is just basically a harem anime which doesn't see itself seriously. So I personally don't really care if it is intended to 'make fun off' the Harem genre or be another generic harem, because in the end they are one and the same.
I am a human.
Jan 23, 2015 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
I admit that before I began to see this episode, I had a different opinion of this anime, but now I have to change my mind and admit that it is not so bad.
Narration more than positive and not so obvious.
Drawing more than good.
For now, the A1 Production is doing a great job in the TV series in which he is involved.
Jan 23, 2015 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
So far it’s good but since it’s basically a harem I’m going to keep my expectations low, although I’m hoping it’ll be more like Hagenai instead of Trinity Seven. Utaha is so far the one I like the most and I haven’t seen 1 thing that is likeable about the MC so I’m hoping the next episode will give me an idea. The art is perfect and I'm loving the references though.
Jan 24, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
A really interesting episode, as we now know that Tomo has connections with them.

I honestly can't stop looking at how silly this is though
Jan 24, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
It's OK so far. The art style is really nice. I only like the blonde tsundere & the girl with the beret so far. I didn't really find the jokes all that funny.
Jan 25, 2015 7:39 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
llcruz said:
Those stockings... holy shit, can't take my eyes of them.

I prefer those over regular socks.

It was an ok episode. Tomoya got rejected twice, tells Sawamura and Utaha tp meet him in the AV room and he leaves them planted xD

Jan 25, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
That was a lot less bad than I was expecting. Mr. 2d met the 3d girl. They did a nice job on that.
Jan 27, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2012
Takata said:

Thats not how you do it tough. This show is just pretending to deconstruct and poke fun at the harem tropes, in reality its becoming and is exactly what it is trying to poke fun at. Take the dialgoue of any other harem/romance tropes riddled anime and put it over Saenai and you wouldnt notice.
Jan 29, 2015 11:00 PM

Jun 2008
So this a typical harem but with better character artwork i guess since the girls look really fine.
They don't have that much of that childish moe look many girls in LN's have.

baki502 said:
Takata said:

Thats not how you do it tough. This show is just pretending to deconstruct and poke fun at the harem tropes, in reality its becoming and is exactly what it is trying to poke fun at. Take the dialgoue of any other harem/romance tropes riddled anime and put it over Saenai and you wouldnt notice.

I agree. In the end the show really is a generic harem anyway so i don't get how is deconstructing anything. It would have been deconstruction if it looked like a generic harem but ended being something else and this show doesn't seem to have such intentions.

AppoX said:

Yay! Another harem.... episode 0 was enjoyable because of the brilliant fanservice making me ignore the Harem aspect (I hate harems with passion) But now in the real thing... they take out the only redeemable aspect of the show and make it a generic harem without fanservice..

Finally someone who understands and is not all "fanservice ewww". I mean what the fuck is wrong with this people?
They all try to play the intellectual and how they are above fanservice but then they are fine with watching a silly harem. Do they really think that by making a comment against fanservice suddenly means they appear like serious shit?
Why wouldn't you want fanservice in a show like this anyway? It can only be a plus really since it adds reasons to watch it.
Feb 1, 2015 1:02 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode.

Though i admit i enjoyed Episode 0, but it seems their going back on how the girls were introduce to Tomoya.

Lol i saw some Oreimo posters, Highschool DxD BD's, Sword Art Online, Ano Hana, Vividred Operation and Zvezda figures!

Seems the two girls are artists and illustrators in their occupation. I have to wonder if there are some cute girls who are in highschool, but doing Ero manga's as they're other jobs :)

So that's how Kanou was met!!! So that's what he meant when she said in Episode 0 "You finally noticed me" idiot Tomoya they have been class for so long now.

Any case i hope they reached the same relationship they have in Episode 0.

Also Team Katou all the way!!

Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 2, 2015 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
llcruz said:
Those stockings... holy shit, can't take my eyes of them.

I know right... *drools*

But anyway, great first episode! This has a lot of potential!

I love the art :3
Feb 6, 2015 3:17 AM

May 2013
Definitely gonna keep up with this show.

I really like the atmosphere and the MC who is true to himself lol.

Was laughing all episode!
Feb 10, 2015 5:53 PM

Dec 2013
I like the art here, story seems interesting.

Seeing some people hate on episode 0 made me realize how glad I didn't even know about it.
Eh
Feb 15, 2015 6:15 AM

Jan 2011
This art man, it's slightly shafty at times.
I'm expecting more comedy later on.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 23, 2015 5:44 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I was late.....This show is what I am longing for.....This is just like milder version of NHK ni Youkoso.....Very nice anime....

This anime is now become one of my priorities now

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 23, 2015 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
RayAdha said:
I was late.....This show is what I am longing for.....This is just like milder version of NHK ni Youkoso.....Very nice anime....

This anime is now become one of my priorities now

i just wanna say lol XD
Mar 1, 2015 6:54 PM

Jun 2011
That was fun, all 3 girls are so good so far, I can't choose which one I wanna ship with Tomoya.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 7, 2015 7:57 PM

Sep 2008
Not bad but I doubt I can sit through 11 episodes. These kinds of anime really bore me nowadays. Dropped.
Mar 31, 2015 9:40 AM
May 2012
I decided to skip the prologue for now.
I am really enjoying this. It has been a while. I really like the art style. It's refreshing.
I like the MC and the harem, too.
Well, let's see how this will go. Imma eat first.
Apr 4, 2015 7:39 AM

Mar 2015
How heavy is the nudity on this show? Is it like DXD? or is it more of a comedy like Nisekoi with not much nudity?
Apr 26, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2014
Hmm, pretty interesting premise. Nothing like what i've seen before.

Ah well, got my hopes up for this one!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2015 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
Already hating this shit. Talk about a terrible and generic first impression. Here's hoping the game development part of this might save it.
May 6, 2015 5:35 PM
Sep 2013
Plain? Ordinary? But beautiful? A beautiful girl is NOT ordinary, if she is ordinary than the rest of the world is trash. What does a girl have to do to be considered extraordinary in the wish-fulfillment world? Be a witch, vampire, AND ninja? The only one who is ordinary here is the MC, who might as well not have a face. In fact, he would probably be less annoying if he didn't have a face.
May 7, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2012
Not too bad to be honest, this was a lot better than the prequel ova! Either way let's see what this series will offer us!
May 8, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
Wow the seiyuu(s)
Eriri's seiyuu is so bold xD

I like how everyone talking about the animation, characters, beautiful/plain
And here I am
Talking about the seiyuu xD
"Signature removed"
May 21, 2015 12:15 PM

May 2014
This is a very nice start :D The artstyle reminds me of No Game No Life.
Jun 18, 2015 2:27 PM

Jul 2012
Was as bad as the prologue. I realize why I wasn't planning on watching this.

Blonde pigtails needs to be flushed down a toilet forever.
Jun 26, 2015 5:02 PM

Apr 2010
How is that blonde girl one of the two hottest girls of the school when she's got vampire fangs that stick out of her mouth?
Aug 3, 2015 3:22 AM

Aug 2013
scythesword said:
The art in this show looks really nice. So far Eriri is my favorite character from this so far.

The Op and Ed themes are really good.

This show might be an interesting ride...

It gets way better after the third episode. Also Katou ftw!
Sep 6, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
It reminds me of Haganai ;) Eriri vs Utaha and Sena vs Yozora :-) I liked Sena more, but here I vote for Utaha, at least that is my first impression.
MC baka! He did not realise who was the girl to whom he felt something?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 14, 2015 6:17 PM
Oct 2007
I need some help here. I saw episode 0 and now this one.
I cannot see a fair reason for the 2 most beautiful girls on the school likes this MC. Can someone give me some explanation about that? My first thoughts is this is forced liking. Please, give me some help here. He has no appeal, or anything, I can not understand this.
Seems too forced to me. But i am open to read some advice here.

Thanks
Dec 14, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2014
Eiffel said:
I need some help here. I saw episode 0 and now this one.
I cannot see a fair reason for the 2 most beautiful girls on the school likes this MC. Can someone give me some explanation about that? My first thoughts is this is forced liking. Please, give me some help here. He has no appeal, or anything, I can not understand this.
Seems too forced to me. But i am open to read some advice here.

Thanks

Because it's anime. Are you new to harems?
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

316 by Kcisdumb »»
May 4, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.