Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2015 2:48 PM

Nov 2014
I liked it I guess, not much action in this episode.
Loved the song at the end though
Hi there
Jan 15, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
arima kishimoto in ending picture!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 15, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2014
Hide looks like ash ketchup, if only this show was about pokemon

Jan 15, 2015 3:04 PM

Aug 2014
Akira is introduced, and she loses no time and immediately owns poor Amon. Oh, but never fear... Amon will get into some interesting situations with her down the road (if they even animate up to that point). Arima taking those quinques and engaging Owl with a whatever face was priceless. He's also too badass for meetings, the hell's info going to do him good anyway?

Extreme absence of Kaneki, but not everyday is Christmas. Looks like he's playing the evil guy now, but it seems his compassion is still intact, since he let that human/ghoul live. Yoriko is the ultimate shipper, lmao. Little does she know Kaneki x Touka never happens in the manga. That song towards the end was awesome.

Lol at how they pretty much revealed Yoshimura was the Owl. Also, those were some fine lips at the end.

Overall a pretty good episode, despite the lack of action and Kaneki. Hinami continues to be adorable.

4/5
MaledictJan 15, 2015 4:14 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
Another nice episode. Yoriko and Touka's conversations are always fun. Keep it up, square root of A-chan~.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
It was good to see the point of view of the others, while Aogiri was starting to take action.
Eto... she was a girl? I seriously don't remember ever having seeing her on the manga o.O
Jan 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Mar 2012
Kvothe51 said:
Blaming Pierrot for things has kind of become a circlejerk at this point.

Although they definitely did mess up the first season.
I recently started reading the manga (I'm at chapter 20) and, so far, I prefer the anime in every way. The first few chapters had a lot of clunky exposition, and the art is shockingly bad at times— at least, in comparison to what I was expecting. Some of the ghouls' facial expressions are almost comical.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 15, 2015 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
The first 2/3rds were fairly uninteresting. Many new characters.
Jan 15, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2013
Akira talking about all the time she was saving by not talking so much gave me a good laugh and Nishio being a dork and wanting to take a break.Touka being sad over kaneki's absence though :(( great episode overall [lets just pretend uta and co. weren't there]

Jan 15, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2014
The Anteiku looks well since they lost of Kaneki-kun to Aogiri group. Just Touka stills worry about him... The ending is better than the OP. Well is my opinion ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 15, 2015 3:34 PM

Nov 2014
ImmahJosh said:
Kvothe51 said:

I recently started reading the manga (I'm at chapter 20) and, so far, I prefer the anime in every way. The first few chapters had a lot of clunky exposition, and the art is shockingly bad at times— at least, in comparison to what I was expecting. Some of the ghouls' facial expressions are almost comical.

I personally didn't have a problem with the art, and it gradually improves.

I think most people are mad about Pierrot rushing the first season and not explaining certain things, such as the different types of Kagune and RC levels.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
Silver4000 said:
It was good to see the point of view of the others, while Aogiri was starting to take action.
Eto... she was a girl? I seriously don't remember ever having seeing her on the manga o.O

Dude you read the manga and you didn't know that????
Jan 15, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
Why no Eto nudes?
Jan 15, 2015 4:21 PM

Jun 2014
Is the mummy girl, Owl? If so, is she the one that was the big monster in ep 1?

Jan 15, 2015 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
This is so much better than the first season. I'm glad they took an alternate route.
Jan 15, 2015 4:45 PM

Jan 2014
That was nice :)
Etooo <3
Jan 15, 2015 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
Eto was really HOT in the manga and I am sure that she will be even HOTTER (notice the caps, lol) in the anime. Those lips tho! hnnnnngg!
Jan 15, 2015 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
Arima hype
Jan 15, 2015 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
The Aogiri ED illustrations are gonna be insane next week.
Jan 15, 2015 5:25 PM

Mar 2012
ImmahJosh said:
Kvothe51 said:

Well, that's definitely a first I've heard, considering how rushed the anime is. Keep reading, it gets better.
kurcio said:
Is the mummy girl, Owl? If so, is she the one that was the big monster in ep 1?

No. That wasn't her. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell you who it is cause it's slightly spoiler-ish - I'm not sure if they made it as obvious in the first ep as they did in the manga. .-.

Mod edit:
Double post merged.
AversaJan 16, 2015 1:16 PM
Jan 15, 2015 5:34 PM
Jan 2011
Too much filler. I wanted to see Kaneki fighting.
Jan 15, 2015 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
Never would've expected Kureo to have a daughter
Jan 15, 2015 5:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
xsilicon9 said:
Too much filler. I wanted to see Kaneki fighting.

yeah fuck the story
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 15, 2015 5:40 PM

Feb 2014
I understand that the anime has to build it's self up and show new characters and such, but agggh. Can't wait to get into meat of the anime. Want to see some fights scenes and such haa. Either way we'll see how the anime goes.
Jan 15, 2015 5:40 PM
Dec 2011

Nahhh. There is no reason for him to hold her like that. It's more likely to be a metaphor for his old 'dead' persona.

Back to the episode, I love the episode well maybe because I has always liked the CCG folks. And NNnnnggghhh that Arima tease tho, giving me goosebumps seriously. Also I am surprised that Ui is introduced this early.

Cute Touka/Yoriko scenes, I am hapy to see more of their friendship since it was one of major influence in Touka's character. Not to mention they really emphasize Touka's feeling towards Kaneki in the anime and Idk if this is a good thing or not.

And also great introduction to Akira. It had been a while since I read the manga when she first appeared that I forgot she had this sassy, cold attitude back then lol Poor Amon andddd Takizawa Seido!! Omg I miss him so much T.T

Lastly, gorgeous ED as usual ! I kinda wish that Pierrot hired that guy who did the manga pv for TG:re for the OP. It would be so fucking badass than the current OP.
Jan 15, 2015 6:08 PM

Feb 2010
Ughhh I hate to be that one person who points it out, but.
Kaneki is just FREAKING GETTING hotter as every episode pasts by. Like what is this even.

How did I just notice the perfection and beauty of the black outfit he wears and how it contrasts with his hair.

THE LEATHER. That mask. Those nails.
EarlCielJan 15, 2015 6:54 PM
Jan 15, 2015 6:20 PM

Dec 2014
This episode was ok.

I mean they seem to have rushed it
Like there is not alot of animation put into this.
Cant wait too get more into Kaneki kicking ass with Aogiri.
Jan 15, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2007
Is the coffee shop owner

I feel like there's more to him than meets the eye.
Jan 15, 2015 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
It's been very vague this season so far.
It is like it is two totally different anime going on at one time, and they do not seem to fit well with last season.
I hope they do not end up destroying this show artistically. Everything just seemed to fit together so much more in the story line before.
Dare I say... It is like the producers of TG are trying to drag out a story line. I've seen this type of thing many times over the last 30 years and it always destroys the series. They simply try to take one season of information and stretch it over 2 seasons. And this story's flexibility is not infinite, and if stretched too much, could snap.

I know we are only upon the 2nd episode.... but am I the only one feeling.... well, unfulfilled? (Yeah... that was a pretty lame pun, sorry. lol)
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 15, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
Another good episode, glad it's still incorporating some stuff from the manga. And Eto's lips at the end really said it all. Can't wait to see more of her and hopefully some more Kaneki kick ass adventures.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Jan 15, 2015 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
I freakin' love the OST.
Nothing much happened this episode, besides the fact that Mado's daughter got introduced.
Jan 15, 2015 6:51 PM
Jun 2011
lol kaneki's kick ass adventures that made me laugh for some reason
Jan 15, 2015 7:02 PM

Feb 2008
Meh, still a bit bitter that it's different from the manga, but it's pretty safe to say that it'll end the same way, just he's in Aogiri instead of creating his own team...
yahzeeJan 15, 2015 7:13 PM
Jan 15, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2010
That Eto at the end... feels like fan service for us manga readers

Really liked the last few minutes. The whole Anteiku together happy, while Kaneki is going on missions

Touka's friend ships her with Kaneki xD
Jan 15, 2015 7:23 PM

Jun 2014
I just need to know what that OST just before the credit was!
Jan 15, 2015 7:25 PM

Dec 2011
Painfully boring. I'm hating that they're jumping from canon to new plot all the time. You do a good adaptation from the manga or a whole original story, not both at the same time. It's annoying.
Jan 15, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Studio Pierrot and Ishida folks:
- cuts out most hyped up Kaneki x Ayato scene, one of the most acclaimed fights in the entire manga.
- leaves the Mado x Akira interactions almost word for word from the manga.

*slow clap*

That aside, they still made Takizawa as annoying and hate-able as he was in the manga, so I guess they did something right.

They also decided that Arima had blue hair when he was younger, and they decided to give Eto brown hair since she had illustrations with both a brown and blonde look. The final results were acceptable so that's good.

Tres_Bandidas said:
I wonder if Akira is a ghoul herself?

She's not.
Jan 15, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. More CCG perspective, some Anteiku parts and last but not least our Kaneki-kun in Aogiri.

BTW the next episode title is "Hangman". ISHIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2015 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
Pyr0 said:
Barrian14 said:
I'm not enjoying this season so far. I think that the pacing is off and there is a lot of fat to be trimmed. There are boring being introduced left right and centre and the show hasn't given me a reason to be interested yet.
How did you ever get through the first season? I think these first two episodes alone have been more interesting than the first 10 episodes in the first season.

Lol, Touka eating lunch with her friend. Investigators talking about ghouls.

= more interesting than 10 episodes of season 1.

Do you hear yourself talk?
Jan 15, 2015 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
Fuck that was too good! Eto!! Arima!!! Akira!!!!

Glad there's still some content from the manga being used here, didn't expect to see that Owl fight from 10 years ago, plus they're filling some info left out from S1, nice!

6/5
PriestSlayerJan 15, 2015 8:15 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 15, 2015 8:17 PM

Nov 2010
Zzzzzzz, waiting for next episode.
Jan 15, 2015 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
A solid episode. From the looks of it, it seems season 2 will be better than season 1
Jan 15, 2015 8:54 PM
Jan 2015
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
It's been very vague this season so far.
It is like it is two totally different anime going on at one time, and they do not seem to fit well with last season.
I hope they do not end up destroying this show artistically. Everything just seemed to fit together so much more in the story line before.
Dare I say... It is like the producers of TG are trying to drag out a story line. I've seen this type of thing many times over the last 30 years and it always destroys the series. They simply try to take one season of information and stretch it over 2 seasons. And this story's flexibility is not infinite, and if stretched too much, could snap.

I know we are only upon the 2nd episode.... but am I the only one feeling.... well, unfulfilled? (Yeah... that was a pretty lame pun, sorry. lol)

That's exactly how I feel too.
I feel like the flow of the story is too strange, it feels like watching a confusing dream.

I hope episode 3 will help give me more clarity.

(But I'm sure it all makes more sense for the manga readers thou, and it's been a quite some time since I watched Season 1)
Jan 15, 2015 9:05 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty boring episode and why is the animation quality so appalling for a popular series that's only 12 episodes. I like the first episode and thought maybe this season will be better, this second one does not fill me with much hope.
eXtacy67Jan 15, 2015 9:10 PM
Jan 15, 2015 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
That Amon derp face when he was inviting Akira though..
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 15, 2015 9:26 PM
Oct 2012
Lol, I really felt Akira's sharpness.
It was nice to see Arima too.
I think this season will be better than the last. Its understandable they left out the Ayato Kaneki scene, otherwise they would not be working together. And from here it seems they are working together quite closely. Meanwhile the talking scenes between Amon and Akira might not be the most interesting but it builds their characters at least, and in the first season they didn't give much of a crap about building characters at all.
Jan 15, 2015 9:43 PM

Jul 2014
Ishida-sensei makes this season much better.

The OST & the ED was great.

People who said this eps was boring should think more carefully.

This is not boring, It's called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
Jan 15, 2015 9:44 PM

Jan 2014
I think i'll like this route the best, seems pretty interesting :)
However it feels a bit strange since it's not following the manga, but as Ushida-sensei is the one writting it it's ok for me.
Jan 15, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2012
Rumble_Shift said:
Ishida-sensei makes this season much better.

The OST & the ED was great.

People who said this eps was boring should think more carefully.

This is not boring, It's called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

Exactly this

Manga tards still find a way to complain about this episode though, it's quite amusing
Jonesy974 said:
Pyr0 said:
How did you ever get through the first season? I think these first two episodes alone have been more interesting than the first 10 episodes in the first season.

Lol, Touka eating lunch with her friend. Investigators talking about ghouls.

= more interesting than 10 episodes of season 1.

Do you hear yourself talk?

Background of Mado + Owl given, intriguing new character in the form of Mado's daughter, and a suspenseful ending. What the fuck do you want? A completely out of place fight? Besides the conversation with Touka and her friend signifies her feelings for Kaneki and shows that she hasn't lost her way as a ghoul trying to be human (At least as of now). Talk between the investigators was a tension reliever and presented a lot of key information for anime only watchers. hints of kaneki's motives are shown. Pacing is far more impressive than first season.

But no, I guess this episode can be condensed into to two shitty conversations because studio pierrot does nothing right hurr
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.