Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
parfaited said:
So what most of you are saying is that the mangaka chose to release and publish an inferior story to the one he had originally planned? because most of you are saying that this is better.
Who the fuck would do that?
I don't understand people saying this is how the manga was supposed to be since I'm pretty sure that's a lie right there. This season is just different route that the manga took and it's written by the mangaka
Jan 8, 2015 10:39 AM
Aug 2014
Kerozinn said:
didnt watch it yet but does this even follow the manga ? (not that the first season followed it 100%) i read the manga and just wanna know if im wasting my time.

For the moment it looks like it is not following the manga.

At this point in the manga, some differences include:

-When Kaneki fights Ayato, Ayato gets "Half-killed," which is basically Kaneki breaking half of Ayato's bones.

-Kaneki, Tsukiyama and Banjou leave together to destroy Aogiri
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Jan 8, 2015 10:42 AM
Aug 2014
Allow me to clarify to everyone this is an original story that Ishida went with because of he hated the way the first season was done. This does not follow the manga in any way.
Jan 8, 2015 10:42 AM
Nov 2014
it was Good
Jan 8, 2015 10:44 AM

Nov 2010
Eh, i had some yawns in between but still enjoyable.
Jan 8, 2015 10:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tsukiyama, Yomo and Uta vs Noro was HILARIOUS, Tsukiyama was having multiple oragasms, meanwhile Noro had zero fucks to give XDDDDD

Ayato vs Touka was a damn massacre and when Kaneki jumped in I was screaming like a bitch lol....Even though we didnt get our bone breaking scene, I was satisfied with everything else that they kept

Shinohara and Iwa vs Yoshimura + Amon and the other dude was BADASS (THANK YOU TATSUYA FOR NO CENSORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Suzuya casually carrying Jason's body like a child with candy made my day LOLOLOLOLOL and Eto was kawaii as usual <3 <3 <3

My only complaint about the episode is that it felt kind of fast paced and I didn't like the OP at all....The ED and the OST however was pretty awesome tho

Overall 5/5 for me. I really liked the episode, animation had a few derps but it was good for the most part
TokoyaJan 8, 2015 10:50 AM
Jan 8, 2015 10:47 AM

Oct 2014
metsujin said:
Despite everyone hating on the new opening, I really don't mind it. Now the episode was good, damn enjoyable, though gotta say, anime only watchers,read the manga. Though this is a original story, it's really fun, not only because people can't spoil you, 'cause you don't know what might happen XD, but it also seems like a reversed story from the manga. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

i'm on the same page. I read really vividly so i actually didn't want to see the series play out the way the manga did itd be like seeing a rerun for me (also i've read it 3 times now). I love/am obsessed with not only the manga but the whole world created so i'm excited about the divergent story cause it just adds more to the universe of TG. i thought the intro was cool but i also didn't compare or hold it to some unbeatablly high standard as most fans did.

Most folks are saying it felt rushed but to me if you have read the manga the whole first season feels rushed(and fragmented), i guess thats where the rift forms between the two(manga readers, and anime watchers) but this again is an ep that is still somewhat in the manga so certain things are kept in to create a bridge for the variation which i'm sure will be a different pace because theres an even bigger freedom to do things with out any real source material to compare it to (a manga following the same plot)

like i said i'm a big fan of the show so i'm really excited to see how they execute this!!
anikanekiJan 8, 2015 10:51 AM
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Jan 8, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
Tokoya said:

Shinohara and Iwa vs Yoshimura + Amon and the other dude

anime or manga, hirako, this one poor guy always forgotten,
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 8, 2015 10:48 AM
Jun 2014
YumeHunter said:
parfaited said:
So what most of you are saying is that the mangaka chose to release and publish an inferior story to the one he had originally planned? because most of you are saying that this is better.
Who the fuck would do that?
I don't understand people saying this is how the manga was supposed to be since I'm pretty sure that's a lie right there. This season is just different route that the manga took and it's written by the mangaka

It is "original draft" so it's how manga supposed to be.If you want the source it was show apparently in the PV.
Shiiiru said:
Allow me to clarify to everyone this is an original story that Ishida went with because of he hated the way the first season was done. This does not follow the manga in any way.

Ishida never said he hated anime,any source? It just false rumor.
Jan 8, 2015 10:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
Tokoya said:

Shinohara and Iwa vs Yoshimura + Amon and the other dude

anime or manga, hirako, this one poor guy always forgotten,
I never remember his name xDD
Jan 8, 2015 10:52 AM
Sep 2014
The ost before the end ...someone? know about this?
Jan 8, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2014
Holy crap like, amazing.

One tentacle deflecting all shots and using it to jump about and kneeing ayato, disabling his wings, my god the animation was beautiful there.

Defo 5/5. It may not be going with the manga but the original story seems promising.

The new OP is.... well, not as good as unravel but manageable. Both songs at the ending were very fitting. I can see Unravel being played near the end of the series for all out awesomeness.

Also, what the heck is wrong with you people voting it 1 or a 2? You mad muppets.
Jan 8, 2015 10:55 AM
Nov 2014
Hmm...when it was announced that the second season would have only 12 eps, my greatest worry was "how on earth are they going to put the whole story left in the manga in only 12 eps". Well, the asnwer it's obvious, "the won't. Instead there is going be a new whole story TAT". After having accepted this fact, this episode was just good. I would have to give it a few more eps and see what happens.
Oh, and yeah...after hearing the op the only thing I was thingking was "please, let this be the ending" (I was hoping they had exchanged the op/ed order TAT). Having said that, there is only one way to solve the op problem and its name is Ling Tosite Sigure.
Jan 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
mashmell said:
YumeHunter said:

It is "original draft" so it's how manga supposed to be.If you want the source it was show apparently in the PV.
Would you please link the source? Because "original draft" does not necessarily mean "THE original draft". I've also never seen anyone saying it's supposed to be "the original".
Jan 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
That was a pretty nice first episode, Kaneki being reborn and having a new goal.

The building breaking down with plenty of action and Kaneki joining the Aogiri!
Jan 8, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2010
vince1996 said:
Kerozinn said:

worst thing is the new OP. its a desaster.

*Disaster

thanks. was thinking in german there for a moment..its Desaster in german :)
Jan 8, 2015 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
after seeing 1 episode of seeing 2 i already know ima get the same shit season 1 gave me

so in order to not feel the same pain i felt from the first season ima have to drop this
Jan 8, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2011
One of the worst openings I've ever seen/heard in anime.

There was action but that action felt like it wasn't even there. Terrible fights. The atmosphere didn't feel like Tokyo Ghoul at all - like a completely different anime.

100% anime original story... well, we all knew about that, and at least there will be something new to see. Oh, and the censorship is gone.

Overall, I expected to be disappointed, but not this much. This isn't the Tokyo Ghoul I've been waiting for.
Jan 8, 2015 11:01 AM
Oct 2013
Damn it, doesn't follow the manga >_<, why would Kaneki join Aogiri o.o well i have no comment for it atm
Jul 2018
The opening was so-so.

Kaneki joined Aogiri was kind of surprising.
Jun 2014
YumeHunter said:
mashmell said:

Would you please link the source? Because "original draft" does not necessarily mean "THE original draft". I've also never seen anyone saying it's supposed to be "the original".

This article and PV
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825
Staff list in the official website.It's exactly said original draft by ishida sui.
http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/staff.html
Mar 2013
The new op is awful, ed is good. Extremely disappointed it's not following the manga, some parts of the manga were difficult to see or understand and I think by animating it, some things would be cleared up or I could've enjoyed the story more. I would've preferred an original story after the manga was adapted.

I hated that the part where Kaneki broke Ayato's bones was taken out
Jan 8, 2015 11:02 AM
Aug 2011
I'm sad because this means less Tsukiyama and shit I forgot Ayato was voiced by Kaji Yuki. fml.

Backgrounds are gorgeous.
I expect the actual animation/art to decay significantly as we go along because let us not forget the studio behind this.

Sep 2012
Solid start for a second season. Hope it doesn't go downhill like the first one.
Oh god who are you people?

Mar 2013
It was nice
Jan 8, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
I don't want to sound too pessimistic but don't keep your hopes really high guys, remember that episode 1 of the first season seemed pretty good as well.
Jan 8, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Trash opening
Jan 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2013
RUSHED : THE ANIME

Sachi isn't showing up is he? :'(

Full size ED pics

ichii_1Jan 8, 2015 11:13 AM
Jan 8, 2015 11:07 AM
Sep 2014
Whats the name of the ost before the ed? *-* Pls can someone tell me?
Jan 8, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2010
ichii_1 said:
[/b]RUSHED : THE ANIME[/b]

lol. and cross ange is crazy underrated. ppl dropped it too early
Jan 8, 2015 11:09 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Trash opening, but the episode was quite fulfiling, if someone was disapointed they shouldn't hype the expected so much.
Jan 8, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Well, firstly it obviously has some things that differ from the manga.
I feel bad for Touka :(

Kaneki's armor at the end looks epic.

P.S That casual walkaway when Uta,Yomo and Tsuki were fighting Noro :D
Jan 8, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
mashmell said:
YumeHunter said:

This article and PV
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825
Staff list in the official website.It's exactly said original draft by ishida sui.
http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/staff.html
The CM says "another Tokyo Ghoul spun" and the article says "new original story concept". It does not mean it's supposed to be how the manga was "supposed" to be at all. It literally just means that this an another story concept that's completely original just like some anime original episodes. Also Ishida's on the staff list because he is credited of the story of this season like it says on that article.
Jan 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
OP is ok, ED was really nice. This episode was interesting, but we didn't get the bones scene ;-;
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Completely garbage, the only good thing is the ending.
Jan 8, 2015 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
NO 103 BONES??? Disappointed :( Kaneki to joinn Aogiri, great shit right there

clowred said:
The worst op I ever heard in years. Never thought they would chose such a shitty piece. The rest is quite ok. I'm disappointed in the studio that did the anime considering the result.

What the fuck does an opening have to do with the quality of an anime?
Deal with it bruh

p.s I thought it was cool
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 8, 2015 11:21 AM

Feb 2014
OP was...was....Ahem that ost was really nice and the ED as well. The fight between Kaneki and Ayato was alright.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jun 2014
PriestSlayer said:
OP is ok, ED was really nice. This episode was interesting, but we didn't get the bones scene ;-;

This change in the story meant no 103 bones. sucks rights?
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 2014
l2wait guys we'll get the bones in the actual anime adaptation of the manga.
Jan 8, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
The OP fuckin' sucks, but wow Kaneki got pretty badass and I'm happy to see Shuu again <3

Jan 2013
Impressive amount of animation in the episode. Great fight scenes.
Not sure I remember all those ghouls from the finale of last season.
Jun 2014
Creamysan said:
Completely garbage, the only good thing is the ending.

That title belongs to Mahou sensou or Pupa.
Jan 8, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
I was a bit dissapointed when they didnt animate the ayato kaneki fight scene with the bone breaking...
kinda dropped my expectations of the anime series...

but i guess i should stop comparing the anime to the manga
it kinda feels like a VN and kaneki picked the choice 'join aogiri' instead of the choice he chose in the manga series. so i assume at this point it should be pretty different than the manga series

i hope this new route will be good too~ :)

edit: but hey, if kaneki joins aogiri, can we expect some more kaneki and ayato interaction? :D
haineko123Jan 8, 2015 11:33 AM
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jan 8, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
103 bones? Where?

#besanimuopeningsong2015lul /sarcasm

wanted based tsukiyama to join kaneki kun but oh well at least the ending is cool

>.> <,<
Jan 8, 2015 11:30 AM
Jun 2010
Things I liked:
Ayato, I love his character and I love his fight scenes.
Keneki's new idgaf face, I really like the direction his character is going; especially design-wise.
The ED art was beautiful.

Things I didn't like:
The clowns 4th wall break
The shakey cam
The song to the op, though I enjoyed the art.

Over-all I expected a little more of a bang with this first episode more like the first or final episode of the last season, but I did enjoy the introduction of new characters and the ending scene quite a bit.
Jan 8, 2015 11:31 AM
Aug 2014
I guess we'll get to see a lot more of Tatara, Noro, Eto, Ayato and perhaps the real one-eyed king if he does exist.
Jan 8, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
So the story continues and Kaneki left the Anteiku to join to Aogiri... That end was a kinda strange... What Kaneki is even thinking of doing with them...?
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 8, 2015 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
I kinda like the OP... Not as good as the first season but it's nice...
Jan 8, 2015 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
haineko123 said:
I was a bit dissapointed when they didnt animate the ayato kaneki fight scene with the bone breaking...
kinda dropped my expectations of the anime series
but i guess i should stop comparing the anime to the manga
it kinda feels like a VN and kaneki picked the choice 'join aogiri' instead of the choice he chose in the manga series. so i assume at this point it should be pretty different than the manga series

but anyways, ill keep watching~ :)

That fight was epic! The choice "Beat the crap out of everyone that appears" is always more interesting xD
Jan 8, 2015 11:34 AM
Aug 2014
AangMoreiira said:
So the story continues and Kaneki left the Anteiku to join to Aogiri... That end was a kinda strange... What Kaneki is even thinking of doing with them...?

Watch and find out.

Looks like we'll see Pierrot as well x.x
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.