Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2015 10:08 PM

Jul 2007
elitsu said:
silversongwriter said:

It's from the previews. There are a ton of hints towards those two being gay but you definitely won't see them since you refuse to accept gay characters so don't worry about it.

oh... that's a sick fucking preview... underage boys kissing? The fuck were they thinking... although, HxH is pretty decent so far.... no Full Metal Alchemist, but still.... devent

They're 14. I don't know how old they are in that preview but 14 year olds kissing isn't a new thing.[/quote]

WOW the things i miss by not watching OP, ED, and previews.
Great Show!
Jan 4, 2015 10:09 PM

Jan 2009
mayukachan said:
j0x said:
dragonball z is gay huh lol

goku is totally asexual tho

you could say that, i read somewhere that toriyama is not good with writing romance so that maybe the reason
Jan 4, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2009
Caboose said:
azzuRe said:

Kyou kara maou is actually much clearer on that issue if you consider the revelation of the MC previous incarnations in the latter half of the show.

Does it...honestly it's been quite a while since i watched this so i was just going off the general impressions it left me. Anime are starting to blur together and it is getting harder and harder to remember specifics

It is, and I think that plot twist was beautifully done. I even ship those two to be together.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 4, 2015 10:16 PM

Dec 2013
Wow...this thread....

I don't know what to say, really.
silversongwriter said:

oh... that's a sick fucking preview... underage boys kissing? The fuck were they thinking... although, HxH is pretty decent so far.... no Full Metal Alchemist, but still.... devent
Nevermind, OP has shit taste, remarkable shit taste
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 4, 2015 10:17 PM

Feb 2013
j0x said:

Are you implying it is'nt???
Jan 4, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
j0x said:
mayukachan said:

goku is totally asexual tho

you could say that, i read somewhere that toriyama is not good with writing romance so that maybe the reason

No, he literally doesn't show any feelings of lust to any of the girls or guys, in the anime at least.
Jan 4, 2015 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
mayukachan said:
j0x said:

No, he literally doesn't show any feelings of lust to any of the girls or guys, in the anime at least.

ah ye i know, but im just saying that we should blame toriyama the writer for that he made goku that way

Hand_of_the_King said:
j0x said:

Are you implying it is'nt???

welp
Jan 4, 2015 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
j0x said:
ah ye i know, but im just saying that we should blame toriyama the writer for that he made goku that way

ye aight lets blame him
im okay with that
Jan 5, 2015 12:35 AM

Dec 2014
ghoullovesharemJan 5, 2015 1:09 AM
Jan 5, 2015 4:58 AM
Dec 2013
silversongwriter said:
PoeticJustice said:
Hunter X Hunter is gay. Surprised no one mentioned it.

I don't care though, cause he's not the main character

JumpinJackCrash said:
Berserk gay moments are minor: it's implied that Griffith had sex with a man, but doesn't show it.

NGE episode 24 is pretty gay, but no gay kissing anything like that. It's the only episode like that in the series.

Yu Yu Hakusho has a minor gay moment, where this henchman character says he is in love with one of Sensui's (a male main villain) personalities, the female one.

The only reason I'm watching NGE is because a friend keeps recommending it. Honestly its not that good so far. Also, how does Beserk imply Griffith fucked a guy?

Gymkata said:
I hope incest doesn't bother you, because Utena....lol

Again... I don't care unless it's between two dudes who are main characters. I'm not gonna drop a series cause of a villain or minor character... and lesbians don't bother me... I can tolerate incest, but I don't like it.

You can skip episode 24 if you want. It's an episodic, um, episode anyway (but IMO the best episode of the entire series). The gay moments are between Shinji (a main character) and a supporting character) And Berserk heavily implied that Griffith "fucked a guy" because it showed him by a window, naked, next to a clothed man, and he had a reason to do it with him (Griffith himself is not gay). And it's talked about with another character a short while later, so it's obvious that he did it with him. Griffith is a main character btw. And in Yu Yu Hakusho, the henchman and Sensui are supporting characters.
wildhoodJan 5, 2015 5:19 AM
Jan 5, 2015 5:07 AM

Nov 2012
all anime can be gay if you want it to
Jan 5, 2015 5:09 AM
Dec 2013
SpaceHamster said:
Someone explain to me this thread because I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

And since when did anime become gay.

OP wants to avoid anime with gay stuff in it, and he wants clarification on whether or not the following anime: (X, Yuyu hakusho, K, Neon Genesis evangellion, Bersek, Gundam wing, and 07 Ghost...) have it, as he plans to watch them.
Jan 5, 2015 5:14 AM

Jul 2014

Doublethink: the post.

also excelent trole
Jan 5, 2015 5:23 AM

Feb 2013
Naruto is the gayest thing ever, be careful op

Jan 5, 2015 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
j0x said:
on the topic of dbz
Jan 5, 2015 6:53 AM
Feb 2014
all anigay is may
Jan 5, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
silversongwriter said:

Anyone who says you are homophobic just because you wouldn't feel connection with a gay protagonist is dumb. I can't stand wuss protagonists, does that make me wussphobic?

But anyway, I think you shouldn't rely on that list, it listed some shows that made me scratch my head. If you want to see a show, just see if it has yaoi tags.

Yea... I probably won't watch 07 ghost, or beserk... those look the gayest. And I probably won't watch NGE either cause there's some really gay shit in it... however, it looks like it's kind of one sided.

Have you by any chance seen Shinseki yori? I've heard there's many bisexual characters, but I don't care unless the main male protagonist is gay

Because I simply don't like gay characters... Women are supposed to like guys, so obviously it won't bother me if a woman is into guys...and the reason why two chicks doesn't bother me is because I'm a pervert... simple. I like lesbians and find gays to be gross.... and if that makes me a homophobe, well too bad.

Jan 5, 2015 7:11 AM

Aug 2014
SpaceHamster said:
silversongwriter said:

Anyone who says you are homophobic just because you wouldn't feel connection with a gay protagonist is dumb. I can't stand wuss protagonists, does that make me wussphobic?

But anyway, I think you shouldn't rely on that list, it listed some shows that made me scratch my head. If you want to see a show, just see if it has yaoi tags.

Yea... I probably won't watch 07 ghost, or beserk... those look the gayest. And I probably won't watch NGE either cause there's some really gay shit in it... however, it looks like it's kind of one sided.

Have you by any chance seen Shinseki yori? I've heard there's many bisexual characters, but I don't care unless the main male protagonist is gay

Because I simply don't like gay characters... Women are supposed to like guys, so obviously it won't bother me if a woman is into guys...and the reason why two chicks doesn't bother me is because I'm a pervert... simple. I like lesbians and find gays to be gross.... and if that makes me a homophobe, well too bad.

One of the most quality posts MAL has ever seen?
Jan 5, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2012
SpaceHamster said:

And since when did anime become gay.

When did anime ever stop being gay? Face it all anime is gay and we are all circlejerking fags for watching it.
Jan 5, 2015 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
kawaii-despair said:
silversongwriter said:

What can I say.. it's that simple

monarchyanarchy said:
You sound homophobic. One suggestive scene or two won't kill you

I'm not afraid of individual gay scenes... it's the fact that I cannot bring myself to empathize or connect to a gay character, so the image of the protagonist is ruined. Then I can no longer like or root for the protagonist... And I just wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

aikaflip said:
silversongwriter said:
I'm not homophobic, it's just that I can't connect or feel reverence or attachment if they're gay... And if I can't like a character, how can I enjoy the show while disliking the protagonist

silversongwriter said:

I'm not a male fujoshi that watches gay shit... sorry. I can't help that I don't like gay characters

You claim to not be homophobic and yet you refer to gay male subtext or relationships as "gay shit"?

I made a typo, I don't actually care if I'm a homophobe or not, so it's irrelevant. So I might be homophobic, I just don't give a shit if I am or am not
Jan 5, 2015 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
You are homophobic, there's no denying that.
Jan 5, 2015 8:21 AM

Jun 2014
blessofcurse said:
/facepalm
Jan 5, 2015 8:27 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty homophobic vibes.
you can basically find something yaoi/shounen-ai/yuri themed in every show there is if you start looking for them. It's a really thin line between close male-male friendship and that possibly-something-more -relationships.

If a person don't want to watch anything that have any small implications of bl, the life is going to be quite limited.
Jan 5, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
Insertanamehere said:
You are homophobic, there's no denying that.

I think I've said it before... I don't care if I'm homophobic or not

quentariel said:
Pretty homophobic vibes.
you can basically find something yaoi/shounen-ai/yuri themed in every show there is if you start looking for them. It's a really thin line between close male-male friendship and that possibly-something-more -relationships.

If a person don't want to watch anything that have any small implications of bl, the life is going to be quite limited.

I don't stop watching a show just cause it might seem gay... I finished Deathnote and kids on the slope. As long as the character is straight, I'm fine... It's not so much that I'm grossed out by it, as much as I'm inable to empathize with the character so I'd lose interest in the story. If an anime pretty much states a character is bi, I'll drop it... Ex. My bride is a mermaid... even though it's a straight romance there's gay moments involving the main character... so the main character is bi... Now, I can't care about him marrying the mermaid or doing anything at that point. I'm disinterested in the show, because I can not longer root for the character
Jan 5, 2015 8:46 AM

Dec 2013
all of them are gay
BAN ME
Jan 5, 2015 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
silversongwriter said:
I don't stop watching a show just cause it might seem gay... I finished Deathnote and kids on the slope. As long as the character is straight, I'm fine... It's not so much that I'm grossed out by it, as much as I'm inable to empathize with the character so I'd lose interest in the story.
I actually understand you better now. It's hard to empathize when the character is different from you in some important level. Especially if it's a main character and the story lies heavily on him/her.
Jan 5, 2015 8:51 AM

Jun 2011
@silversongwriter-
the MC from Berserk (guts) doesn't seem gay considering his love interest is female, the only thing you can really say against that is that his best friend seems like he is (and that he may have a crush on guts)

Also Guts is one of the biggest badasses in anime (hes also my avatar) and may be my favorite character.

do with that knowledge what you will
Jan 5, 2015 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
Stop watching animus,what about that. Or
Red_Keys said:
I have a better solution. Maybe you should stop acting like a 5 year old.

No one says you have to like gay stuff or the yaoi genre. Just stop whining about gay things in anime,because they will always be there.
Jan 5, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Killaclown said:
@silversongwriter-
the MC from Berserk (guts) doesn't seem gay considering his love interest is female, the only thing you can really say against that is that his best friend seems like he is (and that he may have a crush on guts)

Also Guts is one of the biggest badasses in anime (hes also my avatar) and may be my favorite character.

Pretty sure the argument is Griffith is gay from that website the OP posted.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2015 9:04 AM

Jun 2011
Landos said:
Killaclown said:
@silversongwriter-

Pretty sure the argument is Griffith is gay from that website the OP posted.
well I was more addressing whether the OP should watch Berserk since its the MC he cares about, haven't looked at the site yet..... had to stand up for one of my fav. shows/characters :p
Jan 5, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2012
OT: Of course, they all REALLY gays ^^ Now, either stop watching anime, or quit being an epic fail of attention whore.
Jan 5, 2015 9:09 AM

Aug 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Stop watching animus,what about that. Or
Red_Keys said:
I have a better solution. Maybe you should stop acting like a 5 year old.

No one says you have to like gay stuff or the yaoi genre. Just stop whining about gay things in anime,because they will always be there.

Which is why I wanna find anime to scratch off my list... I'm not complaining about it, I just simply don't wanna see it... This isn't a rant
Jan 5, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2014
silversongwriter said:
I made a typo, I don't actually care if I'm a homophobe or not, so it's irrelevant. So I might be homophobic, I just don't give a shit if I am or am not

But why do you have such a strong and adverse reaction towards gay relationships? What's the big deal?
Jan 5, 2015 9:48 AM

Jun 2011
you guys are being really intolerant of his intolerance :p
Jan 5, 2015 9:52 AM

Apr 2012
Killaclown said:
you guys are being really intolerant of his intolerance :p

Bunch of hipocrites I say. They are the most intolerant of them all. Most people that are intolerant are intolerant towards people of a certain class, but they, they are intolerant to people of every gender, every class, every race, every age. Such intolerance, just because those people happen to be a little intolerant.
Jan 5, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
aikaflip said:
silversongwriter said:

But why do you have such a strong and adverse reaction towards gay relationships? What's the big deal?

moeanao said:
silversongwriter said:

Disliking someone for a irritating personality and disliking someone for liking the same gender is NOT the same thing.

I don't even get why. Why do you have to connect with someone to like them? Why is them being gay making you unable to connect them anyway? Don't you connect with their personality not what gender they like? And why do you dislike them just because they're gay? What's so repulsing about being gay?

You're being ridiculous.

Oh... you wanna know why? I'll tell you why... I'll tell it straight. You wanna know? Well here it goes...

I don't know...

there. That's why
Jan 5, 2015 10:53 AM

Aug 2014
Evangelion and berserk fucking yes, that's the point. Shinji loves kawrou because he's the only one giving him any affection and Griffith loves guts and takes out his sexual frustration on the princess after he leaves him.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 5, 2015 10:56 AM

Aug 2014
black1blade said:
Evangelion and berserk fucking yes, that's the point. Shinji loves kawrou because he's the only one giving him any affection and Griffith loves guts and takes out his sexual frustration on the princess after he leaves him.

ok..ah... evangellion is over rated as hell anyway
Jan 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
silversongwriter said:
black1blade said:

But you haven't even finished it.
Jan 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
Lyuze said:
silversongwriter said:

I mean it's not bad. but god damn the main character is almost as annoying as the one from Mirrai Nikki.. actually never mind, I take that back. He's not that bad, but he's still pretty annoying. The symbolism I've seen so far is pretty forced.. Keep in mind I said "over rated" and not bad
Jan 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Jun 2011
silversongwriter said:
black1blade said:

*cough* berserk is awesome *cough*
Jan 5, 2015 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
great thread
Jan 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2014
silversongwriter said:
Oh... you wanna know why? I'll tell you why... I'll tell it straight. You wanna know? Well here it goes...

I don't know...

there. That's why

You should think about it. I'm straight, but seeing two people, whether they're both male or female, verbally or physically expressing strong admiration for each other doesn't bother me. Why should it? With all of the hate in the world, love between people is something to celebrate, not condemn or feel disgust over.
Jan 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
Killaclown said:
silversongwriter said:

I've only seen the films and I don't like reading manga. They where still good though but I imagine a lot of character depth was left out.

Jan 5, 2015 11:19 AM
Sep 2014
silversongwriter said:
Lyuze said:

I mean it's not bad. but god damn the main character is almost as annoying as the one from Mirrai Nikki.. actually never mind, I take that back. He's not that bad, but he's still pretty annoying. The symbolism I've seen so far is pretty forced.. Keep in mind I said "over rated" and not bad

No, it's a great and perfectly fine character, but is one of the most hated in anime.
Jan 5, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
I still love end of eva.

Jan 5, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2011
black1blade said:
Killaclown said:

I've only seen the films and I don't like reading manga. They where still good though but I imagine a lot of character depth was left out.
only seen the 1st movie but yeah the anime was better (also due to the art). The manga is suppose to be better but I skipped the part that was the anime so hard to compare the 2 since its pretty different (definitely loved the manga and need to pick it up again)
aikaflip said:
silversongwriter said:

I don't know...

there. That's why

You should think about it. I'm straight, but seeing two people, whether they're both male or female, verbally or physically expressing strong admiration for each other doesn't bother me. Why should it? With all of the hate in the world, love between people is something to celebrate, not condemn or feel disgust over.
I think seeing old people kissing is gross does that count? :p
Jan 5, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
aikaflip said:
silversongwriter said:

I don't know...

there. That's why

It's just gross... when you smell shit do you decide in your head that it is gross? No. You immediately think it's gross. There's no logic behind me thinking gays are gross... cause that's just not how the feeling of disgust works
Jan 5, 2015 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
I love my yuri undertones.
OP's just attention whoring by pretending to be stupid.
Probably.

I can see you

Jan 5, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
Homosexuality it's self isn't gross. The only gross thing about it really is anal sex imo but that's just me and people can do whatever they want I just don't want to be involved.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

29 by Azuchi »»
1 minute ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
11 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
19 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.