Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2009 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
i been think of growing my hair long but not like death metal long. i just finished darker than black season 1 and i kinda think having hair like Hei would be cool.
pictures of what im talking about in the link.

http://carineswan.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/darker_than_black2.jpg

do you think its better to keep my hair short?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 21, 2009 9:18 AM

Mar 2008
I used to have very long hair. Now I'd say they're longer than Hei's, but not that much. Having really long hair is annoying after a time.
Nov 21, 2009 9:54 AM

Oct 2009
It sort of becomes inconvenient after a while. I used to have shoulder long hair but then I just decided to cut it. It just got in the way. :P

I might grow it back sometime later though...
Nov 21, 2009 10:10 AM

Oct 2009
i love longish hair on guys. id have to see a pic of you now in order to tell you which would look better though
Nov 21, 2009 10:16 AM
Nov 2009
My boyfriend has shoulderlength hair, and I find it deliciously strokeable.

As Triseke said though, you might not have the face to pull it off, so pics plox.
Nov 21, 2009 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
I've grown out my hair multiple times since the beginning of high school, longest time being somewhere around nipple level.

I don't really grow it out for any reason beyond not liking haircuts, paying or the time/inclination. And I don't mind it being long. It can be annoying sometimes I suppose, but I'd rather have it grown out long than have an emo-haircut. Also I just don't like how I look with a real short cut. Probably a throwback to when my mother used to dictate how my hair was. =P
Nov 21, 2009 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
It depends on your face. Some people just cant pull it off.
Nov 21, 2009 10:57 AM
Oct 2008
I'm actually growing my hair out right now, so more power to you Tanaen.
Nov 21, 2009 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
I use to have my hair long a few years back, now I keep it really short, much easier and faster to manage.
Nov 21, 2009 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
It depends how long, I like guys with long hair, but anything longer than shoulder length i don't really like. (I'm a girl btw ;P)
Nov 21, 2009 11:30 AM

Oct 2009
ive never liked guys with long hair to be honest, just doesnt suit my tastes at all
Nov 21, 2009 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Tanaen said:
i been think of growing my hair long but not like death metal long. i just finished darker than black season 1 and i kinda think having hair like Hei would be cool.

So you want to grow your hair long because an anime character looks cool with it?

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Nov 21, 2009 11:51 AM

Dec 2008
I haven't had a haircut in about 13/14 months, so I have shoulder lenght hair.
Every time my hair started to grow I went for a haircut but then I got lazy and I just let it grow, and surprisingly people have been telling me that I look much better with longer hair and short hair doesn't suit me at all.
Nov 21, 2009 11:52 AM

Dec 2007
As in everything, what matters is not the size.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 21, 2009 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
personally I don't think any guy looks good with hair longer than shoulder length. Otherwise, you can do whatever looks good on you.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Nov 21, 2009 12:16 PM

Oct 2007
Plun said:
Tanaen said:

So you want to grow your hair long because an anime character looks cool with it?
And, on that day, a million cosplayers died a little on the inside...
Nov 21, 2009 12:22 PM

Oct 2009
llxwarbirdxll said:
Plun said:
Tanaen said:

And, on that day, a million cosplayers died a little on the inside...

lold
Nov 21, 2009 12:33 PM

Feb 2005
I used to have long hair too. But it got really annoying after a while, especially because I felt I had to wash it all the time.
So I'd consider that the most. And how practical it is. You'll get it in your face all the time when it's windy and such, and if you end up, like me, with a pony tail just to get the shit out of your face, then that's your cue for cutting it.

But by all means, do try, you won't know for certain until you do, and if you don't like it, you can always just cut it.
Nov 21, 2009 12:37 PM

Feb 2009
It depends on how long you plan to have it but do keep in mind you will need to spend time in order to keep it clean and cool looking
Nov 21, 2009 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
You can try it, if you don't like it, you can always cut it afterwards.

However, if you do grow it long, take care of it. I can't stress that enough. Dead frizzy hair is just as disgusting as greasy, dirty-looking hair. XP Bleeeeh! So use conditioner and wash your hair at least every other day, if not everyday.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Nov 21, 2009 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
Nika-senpai said:
You can try it, if you don't like it, you can always cut it afterwards.

However, if you do grow it long, take care of it. I can't stress that enough. Dead frizzy hair is just as disgusting as greasy, dirty-looking hair. XP Bleeeeh! So use conditioner and wash your hair at least every other day, if not everyday.

Seconded. Long hair looks great on guys, but only if it's maintained well. I see way too many guys on my college campus who have greasy or unkempt-looking long hair. It's pretty nasty.
Nov 21, 2009 1:44 PM

Feb 2009
Try it out, don't worry about what others find attractive, because there will always still be the guy/girl out there that will find you appealing to them. Just worry about what you think looks good, and stick with it.

Develop your own style and carry yourself with pride, that always looks good.
Is there another word for synonym?
Nov 21, 2009 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not one whos a fan of barber, so I basically seek haircut twice a year...

But, everytime I had a haircut, guys laugh at me, and girls said it look nice...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2009 4:44 PM

Nov 2009
it's cool with the anime characters or with the final fantasy character(SEPHIROTH)
but with the real human ,
sometimes it is harder to keep it
Nov 21, 2009 5:01 PM

Sep 2008
like everyones said, if you have the face for it you could pull it off:

otherwise you don't wanna look like this guy:

although that guy probably got his idea of growing his hair after watching Darker than Black as well

moral of this thread: grow your hair coz you want to and not coz it looks good on some anime you just watched
ScryptNov 22, 2009 1:13 AM
Nov 21, 2009 5:06 PM

Aug 2009
I prefer long hair because with a long hair, you can do a lot of hair styles with it. If you have a short hair, then you'll just limit the styles that you can do in your hair.
Nov 21, 2009 5:07 PM

Oct 2009
my god that second picture is terrifying
Nov 21, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2009
Plun said:
Tanaen said:

i want to grow out my hair to impress you, it has nothing to do with trying something new

;P

Nov 21, 2009 5:59 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm. My hair's probably around shoulder length at its longest (that's when I get a small haircut).

It's often very nice-looking, but if your hair is too straight ad just hangs right down it doesn't look very nice. Slightly wavy hair, maybe with natural end "curls" usually makes medium-length hair (medium what I think it is), look much better on boys. typical straight hair with no real additional features often just ends up being that, uh ")metal fan" look; at shoulder-length that kind of hair often looks ugly.

Moreover, you'll have to wash it regularly, at least once every other day, and comb it, with a standard toothed comb, in mornings and preferably in the evening to prevent tangles, and to keep it looking good. If that's not much of a hassle you're fine in that department.

And then there's the issue of whether or not it looks god on your face. Typically the best thing is to divide your fringe towards either end of the face, giving it a "sideways turn" kind of look going just above or in front of the opposite eye. Mid-separating it may look good on some, though. But some just shouldn't try it out. And for guys, long hair + being blond isn't a good combo IMO, so you should preferably have medium-to-dark-brownish hair.

And if you use glasses then it's not that very recommended, because the hair often ends up winding in a pretty icky way when you have glasses equipped. And when hair gets inbetween your glasses and your eyes, it's pretty darn annoying. That is the main reason I started wearing lenses. If you care much, glasses don't looks as good with long hair either.

And, uh, when it's windy long hair can be kinda annoying (but look on the positive side, you can get that nice heart-shaken sad-boy look when the wind blows . It's kinda epic, especially for taking neat pictures). And when it rains, you'd better cover up, because long and wet hair looks like crap.

I realize now that I've made an overly long post about something I don't really care about. That's what I get for being bored.

P.S. It seems a lot of girls here likes long hair on boys. I'm idle, you know! ;P
Nov 21, 2009 6:11 PM

Sep 2008
thank you for the tips bruno...i think i'll go out and cut my head off now
Nov 22, 2009 1:04 AM
Oct 2009
I normally like it but it depens on the person.
Nov 22, 2009 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
going to the barber is too much work... so I'm letting it grow to shoulder length and keeping it that way
Nov 22, 2009 1:24 AM

Sep 2009
Tanaen said:

I think this length would be okay to try out.

Nov 22, 2009 1:26 AM

Apr 2009
NEVER get long hair..it's just repulsive..

*Shudders*

I like the hair on the DTB guy..it's hot :)
Nov 22, 2009 3:02 AM

Oct 2009
my hair is pretty much always like hei's
Nov 22, 2009 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
My hair is somewhere like to the middle of my back. Sometimes I hate how much effort I have to put into it compared to when I have short hair, but I rather prefer it.
Nov 22, 2009 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
I love my hair long. It's awesome.

(づ°‿°.)づ
Nov 22, 2009 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
Guys with long hair, girls with short hair - it's the same. Some can do it, some can't.

Personally, I can't grow very long hair - my hair is too thin and cracks if it gets too long. I would like to try long hair though, but it just doesn't work as it gets VERY flat and boring.

Because of that, I have hair to between my ears and mid-neck - something like that.

Long story short, go for it, see if it works, but PLEASE don't just "grow it long" - make it look nice!

Oh btw, I'm a girl ;)
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Nov 22, 2009 12:12 PM
Jun 2007
like most people have said already
depends on your hair type and how you maintain it
as far as weather you have the looks to go with it is not competely true
you have to take everything from your body type and type of clothes you wear rather than just how your face looks
cause if you compare brad pitt to that guy in the 2nd pic, even if pitt is bald/balding everyone will think he is looks better with it

for hei look you might have to go to a more expensive barber to get the shape done right unless you plan on a generic long hair going down to your forehead (like mine)
Nov 22, 2009 12:21 PM

Nov 2009
It depends on the guy's hair type and facial features.

Some guys look good with either short or long hair.
Nov 22, 2009 1:29 PM

Mar 2009
Depends on the person but I love a little length on guys hair to me is always cute!~
Nov 22, 2009 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
It depends on just how long you end up getting it and how you maintain it, my hair used to be really long but in that emo style, as in massive fringe. Pain in the ass to keep it how I wanted it and it actually looked ridiculous, looking back on it.

Long hair that's over the top and stupid:

... yeah, it's pretty bad. (don't worry, it isn't like that anymore :P)

Good news about having it long, though, is that you can style it from there however you want, there's a lot more you can do than when it's short.
Nov 22, 2009 4:21 PM

May 2008
Guys should have long hair.
Guys at the very least should have medium hair.

Bald on guys looks gross.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 22, 2009 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
hmmm, its fine as long as youll like it lol
but having a long hair would be annoying.. sometimes.
Nov 22, 2009 8:08 PM

Jul 2008
When guys look good with long hair, it is amazingly hot.
'S long as it's relatively well-maintained, of course.
Nov 22, 2009 10:01 PM

Nov 2009
hate it when slim guys have long hair. seeing them from the back, got tricked into thinking they're slim, long haired girls couple times before.
Nov 23, 2009 12:58 AM

Feb 2008
Olymunaai said:
It depends on just how long you end up getting it and how you maintain it, my hair used to be really long but in that emo style, as in massive fringe. Pain in the ass to keep it how I wanted it and it actually looked ridiculous, looking back on it.

Long hair that's over the top and stupid:

... yeah, it's pretty bad. (don't worry, it isn't like that anymore :P)

Good news about having it long, though, is that you can style it from there however you want, there's a lot more you can do than when it's short.

How do people even see with emo hair?

But yes, it feels good going from shoulder length to ear length. At least now I don't have massively long bangs falling in my face or food when I look down. I'll probably let it grow for another 8 months or so until it becomes bothersome.
Nov 23, 2009 6:06 AM

Jul 2009
I actually was able to see, quite unsure as to how, though :P
But the phase is over now so it's all good
Nov 23, 2009 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
i want a beard like this!

Needs more Drill Hair.
Nov 23, 2009 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
Hei's style is good. It's good as long as it doesn't reach the shoulders.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.