Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 10, 2011 4:33 AM

Jun 2011
Poor Orange-kun
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 2, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
C.C's hax powers are a real put off for me. It takes away any sort of realism in war strategies and whatnot
Apr 21, 2012 2:22 AM

Feb 2011
That was a pretty intense episode, with all the fighting and stuff. Even more so since I haven't seen decent fights (even more so for mech fighting) in a while. And Kallen looked pretty jelly haha.
May 4, 2012 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
Absolutely hated that, couldn't wait for it to end.
Sep 26, 2012 4:05 AM

Dec 2010
Whew, people scared me with that "Kururugi geass" in the comments of episode 10(I hate when people spoil with what they see in previews, I don't watch them myself). But nothing happened as I'd predict in this episode. Except for Orange's survival... I think I was the only one who didn't think of his am dead after the previous episode. And the only one who cared for him as it seems... :D What? He is actually at least decent character, he just had bad luck being picked on by Zero :D

The Four Divine Swords sure were badass. Especially Toudou. "Someone with the skills of a Shogun and a Kinght."

Total loss for Cornelia but not absolute victory for either Nippon Liberation Front or The Black Knights. It's way more realistic, when the outcome of the battle is actually quite vague and there isn't winner.

The fight between MK Guren II and Lancelot... that was awesome.
Oct 28, 2012 11:49 PM

Sep 2011
Just when you think it cant possibly get more epic, it does.
Feb 28, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2012
Nice episode some backstory on CC but why didn't they show it to the viewer, kinda silly or it has a bigger meaning to it!

Great episode either way, lets see what's next!
Mar 13, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2012
Suzaku ruins everything, EVERY TIME SOME SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL, his shiny ass has to pop up ( ̄へ ̄)
May 16, 2013 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
zombiepika said:
Suzaku ruins everything, EVERY TIME SOME SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL, his shiny ass has to pop up ( ̄へ ̄)

I know. Lelouch was about to win. His hypocritical, goody-two shoes character is starting to get really fuckin annoying.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 29, 2013 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
This was by far my favorite episode so far. I love that Lelouch is opening up to C.C.
Oh, and I think Suzaku is endlessly annoying with his "Do the right thing"-business. Like really. Screw him. I'm so relieved to finally see an anime where the annoying do-good'er is NOT the main character. It always seems so fake.
May 29, 2013 3:59 PM

Jul 2012
Actually, this...
vhynz said:
zombiepika said:

I know. Lelouch was about to win. His hypocritical, goody-two shoes character is starting to get really fuckin annoying.

... Is exactly what I meant.
Jun 23, 2013 12:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Jawaese said:

You think Lelouch would account for Lancelot appearing.

I know right. It's happened twice already, so I don't see why he wouldn't appear a third time to ruin Lulu's plans...he's a genius alright, except for the fact that he seems to pretty much rely on one plan and doesn't have any backups just in case it doesn't work out. Should it even be a surprise that Lancelot would appear? Hopefully Lulu learns from this and next time remember that there might be a high possibility of Lancelot appearing when things are going very well for the Black Knights.

Best part about this episode was seeing some background info on Suzaku and C.C. Really mysterious stuff.

jeanfarias said:

but strange how C.C. can use that power through objects like Lancelot's armor o.O

^This. I mean we don't really know how her power works anyways, but it seems weird nevertheless that she doesn't need to directly touch the person to use her power.

Lastly, I find Lloyd incredibly annoying.
tingyJun 23, 2013 12:11 PM
Jun 30, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
vhynz said:
zombiepika said:

this

& cute CC and Lelouch scene at the end.
Aug 13, 2013 8:57 AM

May 2013
Man, I'm starting to find Suzaku really annoying, and why didn't they let us hear CC's really name...Looks like CC and Lelouch have gotten a bit closer.
Aug 16, 2013 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode. A glimpse of C.C's past was shown and it looked pretty tragic. I really liked the development between Lelouch and C.C.
Oct 1, 2013 12:27 PM
Dec 2012
I was hoping for Lulu to kill Cornelia but nope.
I guess there's time for that later.
Mar 2, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
Hmmm that was tense! The mystery of C2 is looking more interesting

tingy said:
Jawaese said:

You think Lelouch would account for Lancelot appearing.

I know right. It's happened twice already, so I don't see why he wouldn't appear a third time to ruin Lulu's plans...he's a genius alright, except for the fact that he seems to pretty much rely on one plan and doesn't have any backups just in case it doesn't work out. Should it even be a surprise that Lancelot would appear? Hopefully Lulu learns from this and next time remember that there might be a high possibility of Lancelot appearing when things are going very well for the Black Knights.

/\ This is a good point that I didn't think of. Though to Leluch's credit they all managed to safely retreat.

I'm starting to really get into this show!
DaydreamHeroMar 2, 2014 7:08 PM
Love and Peace!!!
May 15, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 2013
C.C. *.*
she s do interesting
Jun 2, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode.

I'll begin by saying I personally lean toward "justice / righteous" characters and good guys (L is my favorite by far over Kira) but Suzaku gets on my nerves. I think the problem is he's supporting the bad guys. He's not a bad PERSON but what he wants to do contradicts his station. He's saving Cornelia who is a mass murderer - which is actually HELPING her do it again. Cornelia is just like her brother if not worse. I think Suzaku needs to realize that whole butchering thing on the first episode and the one a few after that were all their doing. They killed innocents, women, children, all while Suzaku thinks he's doing the right thing. I feel like the show is going to gloss over that and slowly make Cornelia look like a "good person" which she is far from it. Only her sister is the good person in Brittania.

I love the brilliant plans by the Black Knights so seeing Lancelot appear conveniently and win annoys me. I thought his mech looked cool but Suzaku is making me hate it. Kallen's mech is way more awesome and unique. Which btw, she owned Lancelot and he still happens to be running around chasing Zero.. wtf.

CC and Kallen are my favorites. I'm glad the Black Knights get the cool characters because I've found no likable characters on the Brittania front.

shotta77 said:
I hope this guy Zero doesnt lose in the end like Yagome Light!

Eh at first I thought Zero = Light but now I don't think so. Light went psycho and killed everyone in his way, no matter who they were. He started off righteous and then turned into an evil dictator. L was justice and the law trying to stop him. There's no L in this series as Suzuka is just a guy with good values on the wrong team. Zero hasn't mass murdered people for petty theft or made everyone in the entire world afraid of him. Light mass murdered all the cops chasing him as well. Zero hasn't really killed anyone innocent or things that could be avoided. He also seems to care about people in which Light cared about no one, he basically manipulated them all.
GabranthJun 2, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 23, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
Fantastic episode. The battle was just great. The suspense and especially the soundtrack of this anime is top tier.

It's nice to see some C.C. character development. That "mind fuck" ability was creepy as hell. It seems like Suzaku is traumatized.
Jul 25, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Holy shit,what the fuck did C2 do to Suzaku?

Sep 6, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
What a damn stupid arsehole that Suzaku. Now I remember why I hate him so much.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
damn, between Shirley, Kallen, and now C.C., this show is turning into a lowkey harem.

Cornelia reminds me a lot of Olivier Armstrong from FMA:B and, frankly, I don't think she's "evil" as much as she is ignorant. I also don't understand the hate Suzaku is getting. Frankly, his method would be damn smart if it weren't for the fact that he's "an Eleven" and doomed to discrimination because of it. The best way to eliminate corruption is to destroy it from the inside. If Suzaku was a Britannian, he'd have a good chance at being able to do that.

So, no, Suzaku's methods aren't at all wrong. I highly doubt he's blind to the prejudice the Japanese are subject to due to the Britannians, either.

Watching the Lancelot and Guren duel was really cool, too, considering they're the only two "unique" mecha shown so far.

P.S. Not everybody here has watched Death Note, so fuck up with the spoilers. ¬¬

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 9, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2013
Re-watching now, one year later, is definitely worth it.
Sep 12, 2014 2:05 AM

Jun 2013
That was a pretty good episode. Shame they didn't let us hear CC's real name.
Nov 7, 2014 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
Kallen vs Suzaku was really cool :)
And CC.. droplets?
Hmm.. More mystery :3
Nov 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode, I like C.C. now a lot more. She can be really cute :3
Nov 28, 2014 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

So that's how Jeremiah.... /nospoiler

Bit of background on C.C. I still don't know what her real name is...
Epic fight between Guren and Lancelot.
Stalemate end to that battle though.
Dec 11, 2014 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was pretty interesting, best one so far! Some nice character development for Lelouch and C.C., they've both gotten a lot closer now and it was cute lol. It was annoying that they had to cover up C.C's name which was strange.
Suzaku was getting on my nerves... really he had to get involved into everything while acting so good and righteous yeah it was fucking annoying lol.. especially when he ruined the good fight towards the end..
Anyway it's a good anime so far, can't wait for the rest :)
Jan 5, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2013
So everyone retreated and CC wants Lelouch to say her real name bc it gets her wet.
Jan 10, 2015 12:58 PM

Nov 2014
Well, I really liked the episode: finally some things are coming together (C2's story, what makes her tick). I absolutely cannot stand Kallen or Suzaku, hope they get wrecked and this doesn't devolve into some stupid shonen love triangle.

(also, thank God Suzaku wasn't getting geass of his own, that'd have made him unbearable, with his goody two-shoes self)
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Feb 3, 2015 12:46 AM

Jul 2008
Very solid episode, but I forget why the secrecy of her name.
Feb 7, 2015 7:06 PM

Aug 2012
Suzaku annoyed the hell out of me when he interrupted. Still the episode redeemed itself with what followed. Very enjoyable.
Feb 9, 2015 5:10 AM
Jul 2014
Will there be 2 protagonists with Geass now? Can't wait to see...
Apr 3, 2015 8:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can't dislike one character so far besides Suzaku. You just can't have a mindset like that when you are in WAR. And it looks like C.C. made him remember sth unpleasant.

Also Orange-kun is not dead! o/
SmudyApr 3, 2015 8:45 AM
Apr 25, 2015 1:56 AM

Jun 2011
Apr 25, 2015 3:09 AM

Feb 2015
Trust me i did think the same but i ended up liking Orange/Jeremiah as a character 1 of the characters that always had 1 true goal without too much moral preaching.
May 17, 2015 7:42 AM
Nov 2014
Awesome episode overall, some fantastic mecha actions and the mindfuck. CC and Lelouch relationship reminds me of Lawrence and Holo from SaW :P
Aug 27, 2015 5:30 AM
Jun 2015
orange going to get geass ability from the scientists?
Sep 30, 2015 2:12 AM

Mar 2015
My favorite, orange is here but he lost consciousness, LOL.

The battle between Guren and Lancelot is sugoi. This strategy game felt like I was playing DOTA.
Oct 9, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2014
Damn fanservice!

4/5
Feb 19, 2016 6:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
CC still great

4/5
Feb 25, 2016 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
What an epic battle!
Mar 7, 2016 4:04 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far! That was fuckin epic.
btw Fuck Suzaku, He's so annoying, Why is he even defending Britannia? He ruined everything.

Still great episode 5/5
Mar 7, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2016
PumpkinSmiley said:
This was by far my favorite episode so far. I love that Lelouch is opening up to C.C.
Oh, and I think Suzaku is endlessly annoying with his "Do the right thing"-business. Like really. Screw him. I'm so relieved to finally see an anime where the annoying do-good'er is NOT the main character. It always seems so fake.

Watch Death Note.
Mar 8, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
ORANGE-KUN LIVES!!! xD

CC : "Don't...Invade me!"
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I see that the Lulu x C.C ship is sailing strong.
Jun 5, 2016 3:54 AM

Mar 2014
There are more than just that . Like anything can happen ~ . Interesting !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
Orange-kun is alive? 10/10 episode then.
Dec 5, 2016 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
Sixth time binge-rewatching Code Geass and this episode always bothers me so much LOL

WHAT IS YOUR NAME C.C. AND WILL I LEARN IT IN SEASON 3 THAT'S BEEN ANNOUNCED? X.X

Feb 27, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
An exciting conclusion to the last episode. Suzaku in the Lancelot vs Kallen in the Guren, was hands down the best mech fight we've gotten in this series. The Resistance is starting to push the Empire around a bit. And that can't feel good on their end. Perhaps the most interesting part of the episode is that we already dive into C.C.'s back story. The flashbacks we saw didn't explain the narrative of her life very well. But maybe Lelouch understands it better than we do. He knows her name now, while it seems like we maybe never will. My real question is in order to stun him, did C.C. unlock a Geass in Suzaku? Kind of seemed like they said that. We'll have to wait and see.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.