Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2014
If you could pick a game or several right now and give it a sizable community, which would it be? Any game that has a relatively small community due to either being unknown or unpopular, with few people talking about it and having events. Or even moderately popular but you wish you could give it LoL levels of popularity. Can be any game, MMO, RTS, fighting game, or even a single player game where people discuss and perfect it.

For me one of the most important aspects of a game is what kind of community it has. A good community makes certain games more enjoyable. But sometimes you find a game and hardly anyone's playing it and it sucks. Everyone's too busy playin LoL.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Jun 2008
Underrated eh?

Haunting Ground
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Rule of Rose
Fatal Frame 3
Xenosaga
Gunbird
Time Gal
Power Stone
Floigan Brothers
Blue Stinger
Illbleed
Tiny Tank
Robot Alchemic Drive
Clock Tower 1 & 3
Time and Eternity
D2
Deadly Premonition
Rival Schools
Project Justice
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Super Robot Tiesen: OG Saga
Blue Toad Mysteries
Fancy Pants Adventure
Einhander
Retro8bitDec 22, 2014 8:36 PM
Dec 22, 2014 8:31 PM

Apr 2014
Bioshock 2
That game had beast multiplayer, but hardly anyone played it even in it's prime.
Dec 22, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2014
Protaku94 said:
Bioshock 2
That game had beast multiplayer, but hardly anyone played it even in it's prime.

I agree but the problem it was so laggy and Bioshock games have primarily been a single-player game
Dec 22, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
Mother/Earthbound series
Well if this melancholy intro theme to the first Mother game doesn't make you at least a little curious about the series, I don't know what will.

Radiata Stories
- JRPG with an average story about racism/conflict between humans and non-humans. This game shined in its gameplay however, with over 100 characters you could interact with and recruit into your party as you semi-free roamed the world. Each character had their own personalities, problems and goals as well as their own schedule that they followed each in-game day. There's even an ISO out there with Japanese voice and English subtitles -wink wink-.

To the Moon
- Puzzle RPG with a romance story; puzzles and romance in a video game is something I normally wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. This game was different though. I feel sorry for the people who watched a Let's Play of it instead of actually playing.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Dec 22, 2014 9:53 PM

Apr 2014
Drakehawk said:
Protaku94 said:
Bioshock 2

I agree but the problem it was so laggy and Bioshock games have primarily been a single-player game
It wasn't really laggy for me though? The multiplayer was superior to the single player in my opinion. The only problem with it was that there wasn't much variety in terms of plasmids or weapons. I'd love for an HD remake though with multiplayer in tact.
Dec 22, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2014
Protaku94 said:
Drakehawk said:

It wasn't really laggy for me though? The multiplayer was superior to the single player in my opinion. The only problem with it was that there wasn't much variety in terms of plasmids or weapons. I'd love for an HD remake though with multiplayer in tact.

It was laggy for me.

I am fine with the amount of weapon or plasmid for me what got me hook was the different combination of the weapon or plasmid to kill your enemy. I was always experimenting to see which weapon goes well with which plasmid.
Dec 22, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Killer Instinct on the Xbone.

It has a great fighting system that rewards smart play. The depth of combo/counter breakers is enough to make any real fighting game fan drool. I dunno if it's the art direction, or the cost of the console in order to play the game that keeps people away, but KI on the Xbone has re-awakened my love for the chess match that occurs between two players who know what the F they're doing.
My watch list for anime: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Stonedtanuki

"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream." - Wallace Stevens
Dec 22, 2014 10:32 PM

Apr 2014
Protaku94 said:
Bioshock 2

Nope nope nope. Multiplier was fine but bioschock 2 doesn't even hold a candle to bioshock 1 or infinite.

As far as the original question is concerned, no particular game really comes to mind
Dec 22, 2014 10:39 PM
Sep 2014
None, really. There are many games I wish people played less, though.
Dec 22, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
Drakehawk said:
Protaku94 said:

It was laggy for me.

I am fine with the amount of weapon or plasmid for me what got me hook was the different combination of the weapon or plasmid to kill your enemy. I was always experimenting to see which weapon goes well with which plasmid.

I know I always was too xD But if you wanted to win, there wasn't much choice besides use that one hunting rifle w/ Electrobolt or the shotgun w/ Freeze or the whirlpool plasmid. There were also only a few useful tonics, but they varied depending on the game mode you were playing. I mostly only played FFA. I remember I went 30-0 once lol. I was dissapointed Infinite didn't have any MP :/
Dec 22, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2013
Fire Emblem and Shadow of the Colossus
Dec 22, 2014 11:03 PM

Nov 2013
I'd have to say the Shadow Hearts games and the Xenosaga series. Xenosaga could easily get a remaster edition if enough fans called out for it since the namco dev has exploited this. The flaws could be corrected and the series could be finished.
Shadow Hearts is gone forever thanks to the lost ip to a japanese developer who no longer does games. I think these games are very dark and interesting, but are not known at all.
Dec 22, 2014 11:09 PM

Dec 2011
Alan Wake - Because of it's poor sales the game never got a real sequel with a proper ending.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - One of my favorite beat em ups to date and sadly a pretty overlooked one.

Demon's Souls - Dark Souls already has too much attention, yet most from people who never played Demon's Souls.
Crzy_MinusDec 22, 2014 11:18 PM
Dec 23, 2014 12:11 AM
Nov 2012
There are so many games that I wish more people I know IRL played... And it's even more frustrating when people play it, but aren't as into it as I am haha. But I'm generally happy with the amount of online discussion. I guess if I could give some games a bigger community they would be:

Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal - Any players here? I used to play this so much as a kid. Love the designs, environments and sound! It's pretty old, though, and hope for a sequel is dying...

Roguelikes, like Nethack, TOME, Incursion... I actually don't really know how big the community is because I only started playing fairly recently. I feel like there isn't as much discussion as there could be. A lot of them are free, too :D
But they're really complex and difficult, so I can see why that wouldn't appeal to a lot of people.

TOME: http://te4.org/
Incursion: https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/downloads/Incursion-0.6.9Y14.7z

Edit: I give up on doing links OTL
pf5tDec 23, 2014 12:18 AM
Dec 23, 2014 2:00 AM

Dec 2014
Alan Wake.
Dec 23, 2014 2:04 AM

Aug 2010
Jet Set Radio Future.
Dec 23, 2014 2:18 AM

Oct 2009
I wish Monster Rancher (Monster Farm in JP) series has wider audience. Pokemon seems to be eclipsing it in markets outside Japan. Personally I'm thinking Monster Rancher as superior to Pokemon where you really bond with your monsters as you nurture it from they were babies and watch them grows with you. The monsters have emotions too, and you just can't help it when you see they were feeling down after being lost in a tournament, that feel when you tried your best to cheer them up to get back on their own two (or maybe one or four or multiple) feet. And then when they got old and weak, and just one day you wake up in the night rushing to the ranch and found out he/she was dying... I have cried multiple times watching my pet dies.

pf5t said:

Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal - Any players here? I used to play this so much as a kid. Love the designs, environments and sound! It's pretty old, though, and hope for a sequel is dying...

Water fairies and lightning fairies is all you need to win the game.
azzuReDec 23, 2014 2:27 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 23, 2014 2:50 AM
May 2011
tales of series, fire emblem series and dragon quest series. i want more games to be localized.
Dec 23, 2014 2:58 AM
May 2009
None really. considering even if they didn't play it, I still enjoyed it.
Unless ofcourse its a Multiplayer game or online only game then you'd wish for more players.
Dec 23, 2014 3:07 AM

Nov 2014
i like it when games are not popular and thats a contributing reason to why i love anime so much it is not something everyone loves and i like that (im not a hipster)
Dec 23, 2014 3:41 AM

Jun 2011
I wish that more people would play YU-NO. It's my favorite visual novel, but I hardly ever see it mentioned.

Another great game that I have never seen mentioned is the roguelike One Way Heroics.
Dec 23, 2014 4:26 AM

Aug 2012
We need more KanColle love in this world \o/
Or well, more people in the west that aren't too lazy to join >.>

http://i.imgur.com/4pfc9Xu.jpg
Dec 23, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2014
I can think of a lot of examples but I think one that stands out would be Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. If you're into RPGs, Bloodlines is one of the best role-playing experiences you could have.

Not only that, Bloodlines is probably one of the best vampire-related media you could find. None of that sissy, sparkling gay, cute vampires and shit. The vampire clans in the game are all based on different vampire legends. And they're all done well. Werewolves, while only appearing once are also well done.......and are absolutely terrifying.
Dec 23, 2014 5:15 AM

Nov 2013
Frozen Synapse. I can't believe how much the community bombed in the space of 2 years, it's a well received game too. I can load it up and not even find anybody online.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 23, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2012
Anarchy Reigns. It might be because I played on 360, but there's very few people online and it's a game with a mulitplayer that definitely deserves to be played.

Metro 2033. Simply put, it's one of the few FPSs with a gripping plot. The atmosphere is captivating and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems not enough people have had a go at it.

Vanquish. Although the story is subpar, the gameplay and visuals do more than enough to rectify that. It's a non-stop action game that almost never gives a moment for rest and the mechanics are just so fluid. I remember hearing how it was greatly overlooked upon release in 2010 because of Halo: Reach and CoD: Black Ops.

Alan Wake. It's something refreshing and one of the better single player experiences out there.
Dec 23, 2014 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
castlevania los 2

Dec 23, 2014 7:45 AM

Sep 2014
Okami. That game is a pure gem. More people should've played it.
Also Vanquish. It was insane and mindless fun.
Dec 23, 2014 12:13 PM
Sep 2014
Alan Wake, Shadow of the Colossus, Castlevania Los 2
Dec 23, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2010
Protaku94 said:
Bioshock 2

what? xD i never even botherd to look for the MP :D (untill now i didn't know it existed)

i skimmed through BS2 but didn't have the magic from the original and the same they put into infinite.

that made the game kind of "meh" in most people's opinion

and for me... probably suikoden 1 & 2 (and the rest) just for the sake of it getting a PC port one day :D (FF is getting ported so we can only hope hehe)
Dec 23, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, I see nobody there playing online EVER and I am talking about the Wii U version. My money flew to the sewers because the only reason I bought the game was to play online.
Dec 23, 2014 5:38 PM

Jun 2011
LoL.
Dec 23, 2014 8:51 PM
Dec 2014
@retro8bit

OMFG YES CONKERS BAD FURDAY IS MY CHILDHOOD.
Dec 23, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
Conkers Bad Furday
Paper Mario

thats all i can think of
Dec 23, 2014 10:58 PM

Mar 2014
I wish the Super Smash Bros Melee community was twice it's size worldwide.

Other than that, Awesomenauts. It's a fun little MOBA but it's got a lot of problems.
Dec 23, 2014 11:00 PM

Nov 2014
I wish the people still played the original Modern Warfare, that was the best one I've played till date still.
Dec 24, 2014 5:00 AM
Jan 2013
the f-zero games, expecially x and gx
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2013
Ni No Kuni
Demons Souls - its all Dark Souls n Dark Douls 2 blah blah blah. give THAT some love mayne!!!!

Yakuza series. (no1 I know plays it)
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Dec 24, 2014 10:50 PM

Jul 2011
dynasty warriors. i understand that theres not much too it after you've beat it but theres never anyone to play that shit with. They need to make a good online mode for it or something so it has replayability
Dec 24, 2014 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
Dead Space
and i mean the first one... super underrated (or at least people only know it cause of the failure dead space 3)
Dec 25, 2014 2:03 AM

Jan 2011
I dunno, maybe Digimon World and Digimon Digital Card Battle. Wait lets just say any cult classic that I like.
Dec 25, 2014 5:17 PM

Mar 2014
Hulmy-chan said:
the f-zero games, expecially x and gx

my main man

Also, Nidhogg. Just bought this on the PC last night and it's a ton of fun and cheap.
Dec 26, 2014 6:25 PM
May 2007
Shenmue
Maximum Tune
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Heritage for the Future
Rent-A-Hero
Burning Rangers
Panzer Dragoon
Dec 26, 2014 6:33 PM

May 2014
AoPS FTW!(For The Win!)
Fun online math game that not many ppl play :/
Dec 26, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
The Zero Escape series so we could get a sequel
Dec 26, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
Final Fantasy XI and XIV:ARR
They go on sale regularly
It's pretty much $13 a month that you can stop paying for anytime
It being online doesn't mean shit, other than you need an internet connection to play
People should give them a go before waving their hand at them for being MMO's
Dec 26, 2014 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
hamaon said:
Meh
Dec 26, 2014 11:44 PM

May 2012
VitaminCaim said:
hamaon said:
Meh

MEH WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN MEH.
Dec 27, 2014 1:34 AM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
VitaminCaim said:
Meh

MEH WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN MEH.
999 was glorious. Virtue's last reward.. Meh. Meh meh meh.

The art style change bothered me. I didn't like it. Animations were weird and I feel like if VLR stuck with the original art style, the game would have saved enough money to make a third.

Like wtf? When I first played VLR and Phi jumped out of the elevator in the first puzzle, I saw the jumping animation and I was about to hurl.

Go to 24:35 and watch it. I'd rather there just be a still frame of her jumping instead of that.

Also, the 999 cast is so much better than VLR.

Akane > Phi
Lotus > Alice
Clover (999) > Clover (VLR) (I don't know why but Clover turned into some genki girl in VLR for absolutely no reason)
Seven > K
Clover (999) > Quark
Ace > Dio
Although Sigma was easily the best character among the cast, Junpei of 999 still outshines him. Junpei had more motive, more emotion, more "character" than our robot friend Sigma.

The whole "cult free the soul" shit felt really arbitrary along with the radical 6 disease. The science got even more pseudo than 999 and unlike 999, I had to roll my eyes every time it went there in VLR. VLR complicated the overall plot too much.

That and the game was too expositional. The ending wasn't as emotional as 999 was. There were too many routes and the game forced you to play through all of them to get the final ending so every emotional outburst, every death, every suicide, lost all of its emotion and luster. Later in the game characters were even starting to say things like "Lol ok Sigma, let's hope you figure this out in your next life"

The rabbit thing also reminded me too much of the dangan ronpa bear and that bothered me.

I feel like if a third game was made, I wouldn't like it at all anymore.
Dec 27, 2014 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
I still need to continue VLR was good but I'm not smart enough for these games.
Still stuck in that room with the drink mixing stuff.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3537 by M2zC »»
2 minutes ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

150 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

531 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
3 hours ago

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

21 by whitebeartigtig »»
8 hours ago

» Contrary to popular belief, Windows 8.1 is still being supported RIGHT NOW

DesuMaiden - Apr 29

7 by whitebeartigtig »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.