Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 21, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the new and improved Jericho is awesome...

A bit on the evil side but that's okay. Elizabeth grew back although I have to say that she is in a bit of a predicament. Pretty brutal episode. Hawk was brave but it looks like someone else takes the collateral damage. Those Holy Knights show almost no mercy D:
Dec 21, 2014 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
In order to not be involved in sudden attack, they revealed that they are Nanatsu no Taizai and let others evacuate. Inoue-san's character's new power has ability to block immortality? Wow, FukuJun's character is stronger than KajiKaji's character and Suzuki-san's character, who were defeated.

KajiKaji's character got caught, though, by using of a soldier who is very close to the princess (sister?). Everyone, even that soldier very close to princess got defeated, but KajiKaji's character caught out in monster's form?

Special show on January 4, 2015. Next ep. with new OP and ED on January 11, 2015.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 21, 2014 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
Was a bit disappointed about the animation and overall pacing of this episode. They went through 5 chapters the first 6 minutes (skipping important conversations and messing up animation and characterization).

Could handle it last episode (due to it being mostly senseless fighting), but this time it ticked me off ALOT
HelbramDec 21, 2014 6:19 AM
Dec 21, 2014 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
Another episode with skipped/rushed dialogue, A-1 proving AGAIN that they can't adapt good Manga right. The animation/music overall wasn't bad, but was it just me or was the scene of Elizabeth screaming "Meliodas" @22:03 badly synced? her mouth was closed and she was still screaming. If so someone needs to fire/replace these animators. Anime only watchers might enjoy it but for Manga readers it's hell to see this happen

Dec 21, 2014 6:07 AM

Dec 2013
So much rushing! It seems that they will be finishing this arc by next episode...
Dec 21, 2014 8:32 AM
Dec 2014
What you did with Jericho, Ban? =3

[spoiler]It is written "You made me a woman" in PT/BR.
Dec 21, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2014
waiting to see Meliodas giving a owner at all.
Dec 21, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
Why... why does it have to end in the best part?! :c
Dec 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
So... where's Diane and her hammer? She should have her original height by now, maybe she's stuck in that gorge.

Poor Elizabeth, as soon as she see back her sister, she dies. I'm beginning to think that Elizabeth is a walking badluck charm.

Those evil knights really are truly evil. Goddamnit, don't they have no shame? Jericho really have lost it. Somehow, I just knew Ban wouldn't remember who she was xD
''Jaleco!''
''It's Jericho!''
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 21, 2014 11:01 AM
Apr 2014
We're somehow supposed to give a damn about spectator Veronica's death when they skipped her mini introduction arc.
And what's worst is that it seems they're doing the same with Gowther, one of the NNT.
Also is it me or is Griamor's voice actor really terrible this episode?
Dec 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2012
WesCoP said:
What you did with Jericho, Ban? =3

I think she's referring to when he stole her armor in episode 5, thus getting a look at her feminine figure and exposing it to the other soldiers. Funny, it didn't occur to me at the time that she had actually been pretending to be a male, I just thought that she was using the masculine pronoun to appear tougher.
Dec 21, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
7 chapters :O?? Why so rushed D: But still pretty good tbh...after lowering my standards a bit.

So they decided to rearrange some of Elizabeth meeting Veronica's dialogue about Mel being a "Bakemono?" (Shouldn't it be Demon?) til this ep? And the necklace was integrated pretty well too I guess.

I don't get why they didn't let Diane's size grow back while she was destroying Meliodas. More Fanservice so they should've used the chance right away XD Oh well, it's pretty much the same either way. Her fight with Mel was pretty damn awesome but unfortunately not as intense as the manga. They made us feel how OP they are in the manga by showing the audience all saying they're scared and Hawk wondering if he can still remain alive after this, also Hauser thinking she really was going easy on him after seeing this XD Lol'd at her "I didn't do it" when Hauser told her she's a traitor XD So cute :3

Loved the scene when the Sins just sensed enemies incoming and Mel immediately played the big baddy. He fits as a bad guy XD And so does Ban when he took Veronica hostage. Looked BA in that scene :3

Jericho sure got stronger and quite more feminine :3 Ban got pretty owned there if u can say. Him and Mel just keep getting owned don't they XD King being friggin BA destroying both of them so easily was EPIC! His chill fighting style is really awesome to watch ^^ Slapping bitches left and right with his arrows with that chillax face XD Looking forward to his fight with Helbram.

RIP Veronica...I guess :P And Dat Mel demonic release was awesome. Too bad they didn't end the ep with

I'm still enjoying this a lot and I'm sure anime only viewers are too. It's a shame they're rushing it this much though as a manga reader. What's the F***n rush T^T
Dec 21, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
As a manga reader i say : A-1 You have failed this series.
It was good episode, i enjoyed it.
But it could have been so much better.
Dec 21, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
minouneetzoe said:
So... where's Diane and her hammer? She should have her original height by now, maybe she's stuck in that gorge.

Dec 21, 2014 6:45 PM
Jun 2010
So they sealed a demon inside mediodus? like Naruto?
Dec 21, 2014 7:59 PM

Dec 2014
Another rushed episode with skipped dialog, and lame fight scenes when compared to the manga. Seriously, the King ownage scene was much better in the manga, mostly every fight is. I mean, you have Sawano doing the OST, and you can't even give us some actual fights, A1? And they handled Veronica terribly. They skipped her mini introduction arc and now, in this episode she was pretty much introduced and killed off right away. Now that's some Akame ga Kill level shittery. In the manga, she had much better characterization and you could tell that she actually gave a shit about Ellie. I was really heart broken, but I felt nothing in the anime. A1 ruins a character, they might ruin Gowther next. Why would A1 even pick up this if they didn't give a shit? If this was put in the hands of Madhouse, they would've actually did this great manga some justice. Anime only watchers might love this, but as a manga reader. I think it sucks. Sorry, rant over
Dec 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
Kaji Yuki did an amazing job this episode
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 22, 2014 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
Eh, I dunno...as a manga reader this was certainly rushed I agree, but I still found it very enjoyable. Ideally would I prefer it not rushed? Sure, but this was still pretty damn great. After reading week after week about how all the anime I've watched this season without being familiar with the source material have been ruined by being rushed whether it be Grisaia, Vanadis, or what feels like several other series at last I can claim to know why everyone is so upset with this one. Still I'd say it's fine. :D
Dec 22, 2014 6:54 PM

May 2014
ilok said:
So they sealed a demon inside mediodus? like Naruto?

Dec 22, 2014 6:58 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow. Lots of things happened and that was a lot of chapters covered for sure. :o With this pacing, does this mean the anime would still completely cover the
for the 2nd cour?

Hawk got roasted like ham but at least he's still fine. :'D

Meliodas demonic release. Sh*t's about to go down in next episode!
Dec 22, 2014 7:38 PM

Apr 2013
well the comedy with Hawk sure has gotten lame and boring after 12 episodes.. episode was meh.
Dec 22, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
Good episode.

The ending had me into it; Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 22, 2014 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
They rushed this episode a bit too much.

Elizabeth grew back. Jericho got stronger and quite more feminine.
Dec 22, 2014 9:06 PM

Mar 2014
Gross, Jericho. Using blood as lipstick is nasty.
Dec 22, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2012
Hmmm, as an anime-only viewer, I enjoyed this episode a ton. Seems like a lot of content was crammed into this one episode though. King's moment of dominance was instantly stopped by Helbram.

Frankly speaking, it was hard to really empathize with Veronica when she died since she sort of just showed up and hardly had any backstory besides caring dearly about Elizabeth.

Dat Meliodas cliffhanger tho... I'm expecting Diane to join the fray as well.
Dec 23, 2014 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
The pacing seems so fast O_O it even sounded like Elizabeth was speaking at like 2x speed
Dec 23, 2014 2:02 AM

Oct 2014
Some things really feel out of place and rushed...

Tell me manga readers, are they pulling an Akame ga kill on us?
Because even a non-mangareader like me can feel that something isn't right...
Dec 23, 2014 2:11 AM

Apr 2014
Jericho and the other girl come back all powered up.

Jericho embraced her feminine side and kicked Ban's ass.
Melioda's was beat up by the other girl too.

Poor Hawk being roasted.

Veronica died trying to protect Elizabeth.
Meliodas releasing his hidden demonic power.

Can't wait for the next ep.

Dec 23, 2014 2:29 AM

Aug 2012
Shrimperor said:

They skipped an arc and are now trying to put a truncated version of it inside of the current one. It doesn't fit that well.
Dec 23, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2010
Watashii said:
Shrimperor said:

They skipped an arc and are now trying to put a truncated version of it inside of the current one. It doesn't fit that well.

I wouldn't really call it an arc. It was just a couple of chaps. But yeah skipping that mini arc did have a negative effect making Veronica's death meh
Dec 23, 2014 4:56 AM

Dec 2013
get rekt son
Dec 23, 2014 5:08 AM

Jun 2013
sigh New opening in next episode huh? cannot wait it tough.

Lol, Diane is so Pouting...looks hilarious..serious fight but Diane is pissed off that it is funny!
=) Meliodas...guys...T.T acting like bad Guys to save the city and it' people...so called 7 Deadly Sin's are the most chivalrous and true Knights...more than so called Holy knights!

Jericho...is quite Sadist ain't she? lol...almost sounded like she was going to marry Ban! XD

Tough King Harlequin shows us once again why he is Bad Ass...competently kicking Guila's And Jericho's asses for a while...would have won if not for his Old Friend.

Tough damn that New Generation is damn strong. LOL!!! WHAT A WAY VERONICA AND ELIZABETH MEET!! MISUNDERSTANDING AT it's Finest!!! XD

Hendricksen eyes already looks like one of the Monster...what he competently is utter and Manipulative monster...and his new Generation is same....heartless monsters...or is that Demon blood that makes them so?

And Que The Pissed of Sins after what they did to Eli and her Sisters.... let the slaughter begin
JarjaxleDec 23, 2014 10:57 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Apr 2013
quite alot of thigns happend this episode.

poor veronica
Dec 23, 2014 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode. Jericho broke the walls down. King was pretty pro as well. Don't really feel that bad for Veronica. And finally, curious to see what demon Meliodas will do.
Dec 23, 2014 8:29 AM
Oct 2007
I can definitely feel that the pacing for this episode is rushed even for a non-manga reader. Nanatsu no Taizai is one of my most anticipated show weekly and I will be sure to pick up the manga along-side with Tokyo Ghoul, Zetman and those that the studio has failed to adapt properly in the new future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
Next episode is gonna be fun, fun, fun!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
Did she just summon him? O.o
Anyhow, Elizabeth was too annoying
this episode... But it was nice overall...
King and Jericho were great this time!! :)
Oh, and I don't care about Veronica's
death. At all. I see no point in it tbh...
Dec 23, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
Woaaaah. Such a rushed ep.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 23, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode. Loved it.
Feel free to message me to chat.
Dec 23, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
Oh neko! Diane is trapped underground and has grown to her original size and is now naked! Damn! How will she manage this time? She doesn't have giant clothes anywhere. Dammit.
Dec 23, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
Yello, just a quick question, I wanna start reading the manga now because I saw the episode and realized that it was a bit tad rushed, especially Veronica's death which came outta nowhere. I wanna know a good chapter to start on that's not too early. I wanna start probably before the meliodas and ban fight in the town and not too early or too far from that point. Thanks
Dec 23, 2014 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Okay looks like a fight will occur
Dec 23, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode overall.
They had to make a cliffhanger at the best part!
Hi there
Dec 23, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2013

Wow. That escalated quickly. Those were some epic battles all around and the drama with Elizabeth and Veronica was the icing on the cake. That was a solid death right there for Nee-sama but it looks like it awakened Meliodas 2.0. He's about to go ape shit.
Dec 23, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
Theanimevoyeur said:
Yello, just a quick question, I wanna start reading the manga now because I saw the episode and realized that it was a bit tad rushed, especially Veronica's death which came outta nowhere. I wanna know a good chapter to start on that's not too early. I wanna start probably before the meliodas and ban fight in the town and not too early or too far from that point. Thanks

The best place to start is chapter 27
Dec 23, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Not a manga reader but, the episode was amazing but felt rushed to me.
Jericho became sexy. kicking ban's ass and using his blood as lipstick. it turned me on..
Hawk was trying to become useful lol
great episode tho. cant wait for next week with demon Meliodas
Dec 23, 2014 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Best episode so far.
Dec 23, 2014 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
Everyone said this episode is rushed, I hope we will see the skipped part latter.
The next episode will be epic, with the Sin of Wrath ;)

PS: The comeback of Meliodas was too predictable at the end of the episode :/
Dec 24, 2014 1:54 AM
May 2014
It was a good episode. Im sure theyll reveal another member of the team. (Previously shown for like a minute) and princess veronica (currently dead) will be brought back alive (maybe) by the new member. And theyll be indebt to them (again) and everyone will be happy. Just my thought
Dec 24, 2014 9:11 AM

Apr 2013
Splendid episode again! Love the action, love seeing King wrecking the two holy knights.~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.