Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was alright episode, action was pretty fluid with the ongoing war still.

Kinda liked how Tokimune unleashes a bit of his anger against his enemies. At any rate, 2 episodes left and I think the war is drawing to a close. Hopefully Tokimune calms down a bit later on. Jamie has made her mind as well to fight with the Argevollen.
Dec 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
I'm liking the Tokimune - Jamie relationship here! Its cute and doesn't feel rushed or anything!

The chief is such an ass :/ He was weird the whole series but i never though he could have been planing this sort of thing for a while.

Just realised Tokimune has the same voice actor as Sawamura from Diamond no Ace.

Pretty nice episode with the group at the end =)
Dec 4, 2014 12:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
StormBoi said:
I'm liking the Tokimune - Jamie relationship here! Its cute and doesn't feel rushed or anything!

The chief is such an ass :/ He was weird the whole series but i never though he could have been planing this sort of thing for a while.

Just realised Tokimune has the same voice actor as Sawamura from Diamond no Ace.

Pretty nice episode with the group at the end =)

yeah I like how that group has bonded together too. It doesn't feel forced.

For a moment I was worried that the Lt was going to blow her brains out or something.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 4, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
This is actually so fucking retarded

Really? This is the setup to the final battle? This is what we get after putting up for 22 episodes of this shit? Just to fucking steal back a robot just to spite their former Captain? That's fucking it?! I seriously cannot believe they did it like I'm actually mad. I knew this series was not going to redeem itself but this is seriously one of the most unemotional, and COMPLETELY UNMOTIVATED reason to fucking go risk your lives.

I thought I had become numb to the overall mediocrity of the show but as Dewey said:

Fuck this show
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 4, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2011
Tokimune would make a good commander. After all, he is generally just as incapable of explaining what he does and why he does it as their actual commanders.

Did we hear a single logical explaination from the brass? From Cayenne? Izumi? Samonji? Or now from Suzushiro?

Deciding on the spot based on current emotions and limited knowledge, without ever consulting with or at least explaining to anyone, coming up with actions that are not really understandable to anyone else? Tokimune is your man. Make him general and he would fit right in.

And how the heck do they think theys can take out Argevollen, the Perfevollen and Sturm Beta?

Even if Unit 8 teams up with what Ingelmia team up and throw in what they have..unless they get lucky they'll just have lots of dead. If they can take out Samonji somehow..but Sturm Alpha couldn't. Why would they be able do with inferior models? And so far, Samonji also hasn't shown any signs of stress due to controlling so many units. The system must be different from Argevollen or Sturm Alpha..or it just wasn't enough time yet.
Dec 4, 2014 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Captain Samonji asked Tokimune to give up on piloting Argevollen and forget about it.

Tokimune, Jamie and others are going to get Argevollen back.
Dec 4, 2014 6:27 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Perphevollen is one HAX mecha! To think such a function was implemented from the start, the Kivernas folks are quite sly.

Samonji changed so much, he's doesn't even seem like the same person anymore. Maybe he still does in terms of his cool/calm attitude, but his mindset has taken a 180° turn.

Suzushiro deciding to retreat once Izumi instructed her to was realistically the best decision. Why change your mind just because everyone suddenly got fired up and wants to punch Samonji in the face?

Facing the Argevollen, the Sturm Betas and not to mention the Perphevollen along with it's unmanned army will be one tough mission. Probably won't end well anyways.

Decent episode. Wonder how they'll wrap this up in 2 episodes. I'm assuming the battle will end in a tie. Samonji's death is pretty much confirmed though.

Dec 5, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2014
I sense deathflag on Samonji
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 5, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2013
preparation to the final battle,
2 episode left :X
Dec 5, 2014 1:54 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
To be honest, the reason they fight is very lame.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 5, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
I found a bit surly the development in this episode, have Argevollen stolen now in my view only showed some defects in the plot, I hope the end is also not so

If in case they arrive the captain and with a speech make him change his opinion and back the unity I'll be quite disappointed, want to see a final realistic, with the captain dying and everything and not a happy ending ..
Dec 5, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2014
well now that was quite the unexpected turn of events. What is the Captain REALLY planning to do here?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2008
And how the heck do they think theys can take out Argevollen, the Perfevollen and Sturm Beta?

Take down Saimonji and you have taken down the entire army. Seeing as he will be fighting Ingelmia, most of those mechas will not be in their way.
Of course, everything will depend on Jaime restoring control over Argevollen and giving Tokimune a weapon that fight Saimonji.

wakka9ca said:

I actually like it: the final battle is not something that will (at least not directly) decide the future of the nation, but a battle that is personally important to the Protagonists. And it fits: Argevollen is unique amongst the Mecha in the way that it the MC's are not a special part in this war, but one that is, even with a superior Mecha, only one regiment in the war. It would be a bit disappointing if the whole war suddenly started to revolve around them.
Dec 12, 2014 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
Punch him I think something a lot worst than that is going to happen
maybe someone getting shot O_O
[/quote]
Dec 16, 2014 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
Episode in which I very much appreciated the twist, almost unexpected.
Narration would not call exalted, except for that small detail already mentioned.
Oh well!
Drawings improve strangely, it is clear that this show is going to end.
I'm curious to see how they want to finish this anime.
Dec 23, 2014 8:40 PM

Mar 2012
Hope we atleast get some romance from Tokimune and Jamie in the end c;
And I really hope no one dies :c
Jan 10, 2015 12:01 AM
May 2013
wakka9ca said:
They should dig themselves a hole and hide there until Samonji finishes the man's business .
I hope gore fest is next >:)
Apr 13, 2016 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Ehh.. didn't expect Arge to be stolen just like that.
Then there's the betrayal and all the cliche drama set-up before the fight.
Namie-chan still the best kouhai, I support Tokimune and Jamie too.. in more ways than one lol.
Funny how Samonji went and did the deed with Suzushiro and just throw her aside like that. XD
I guess Suzushiro also got the gloomy illness from mr. captain-san.
Those faces are damn annoying ughh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.