Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the drawing is somewhat right?

Solid episode overall. I think Shinchi's personality is getting more and more tougher, even with Satomi around. Yuuko had a pretty good death flag on her. Poor girl...Never follow a parasite around. I thought the back to back special was pretty good.
Stark700Nov 26, 2014 9:30 AM
Nov 26, 2014 10:23 AM
Apr 2014
is this 2 episodes shown today? though ive seen from the last commercial from animax that it will be back to back episode?
Nov 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
kryst0203 said:
is this 2 episodes shown today? though ive seen from the last commercial from animax that it will be back to back episode?

Yes it's back to back episode today.
Nov 26, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
kryst0203 said:

Back to back?

Nov 26, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2011
Lichtspiel said:
Stark700 said:

Back to back?

one episode after another, episode to episode, back to back
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
Nov 26, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2010
Well, that girl is pretty fucking stupid. "I don't know whether he's an alien or not, so I'll ask him directly in an otherwise empty classroom, without telling anyone. With my back facing him. Surely nothing could go wrong."

Anyways, whooooo great episode. Can't wait for more.
Nov 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Feb 2014
They ended it right where I expected they would. Have fun with that cliff-hanger, anime-only watchers. Other than that? Amazing episode, I absolutely can't wait for the next episodes. Hideo's been one of my favorite parasites, and he sure delivered so far.
Nov 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
Damn, these last 2 episodes were fantastic. Well, for the most part anyway.

Art/Animation: Mostly fluid but the real thing I'd like to point out is the subtle change in Shinichi's face. They made it more like how the parasytes look, very cold, emotionless and with strange eyes. Also, the last bit, with Shimada making his eyes bulge and the parasyte itself looked much more detailed and horrifying in design. Impressed.

Music: Atmospheric mostly, very fitting given what happened.

Story+Characters:
I do have to admit, even the manga had this problem. The side characters are so boring. I mean, the dad is good, Shimada's cool, Kana's nice, Murano is fine but the rest of the girls and the bullies and such kind of lack personality for the most part, disappointing since the main characters are fantastic. Shimada is so cool in a creepy way. lol

A lot of clear pointing to the fact that Shinichi has changed, normally I dislike this in anime but it wasn't overblown in this case, it was more so everyone around him being terrified of him and pointing out that him changing so drastically was indeed unrealistic, which makes sense given that he developed by supernatural means.

The Dad... geez... I feel bad for him... He is just not himself at all. Funny how Shinichi gets super powers and grows more manly and good looking, yet everything in his life is just a wreck. He is constantly on edge about the parasytes, his family is pretty much broken beyond repair, his relationships are hurt and he lacks most of his empathy now. Migi may be okay with it but I feel so bad for him.

Also, want to give props to the series for having cops who ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING COMPETENT. Investigating the horrifying things going on and trying to find a solution to it. So many anime with supernatural things going on just have cops who either do nothing or are completely incompetent.

I did think the girl asking to meet with Shimada to confront him was pretty dumb on her part but she prepares for it so I excuse it. Besides, anything to see that grotesque face Shimada makes. That's what real horror looks like. lol
Nov 26, 2014 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
Greatness
Nov 26, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
2 great episodes. Can't get enough of it :3
Nov 26, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
That cliffhanger was too intense. Since we got a double episode, hopefully this doesn't mean we're not going to get one next week cause I don't think I can wait 2 weeks >.<

Those were some intense faces from Shinichi.
Nov 26, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
That was a cute way to meet each other.

It was interesting to see that the government knows about these parasites!

Nice to see Shinichi's dad recovering a little from last episode.

Pretty cool way to stop Yana with that look!

Murano with her talk about Shinichi being different. Can't blame Murano at all, after all, she loves him but it would be really shocking to see all that changes! Shinichi losing it at that moment :/ Wonder what it is going to take to fix their relationship.

Tachikawa seeing Shimada getting hit by a baseball and transforming into a different person. Knowing full well the dangers, she decides to talk to him about it. I really let out a wow at that moment. Shimada preparing to dispose the witness and Shinichi having to move.
Nov 26, 2014 11:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Masterpiece. And i am a slice of life sucker. If this keeps up the pace...
Nov 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
Why so good >.< Based MH!

The change in Izumi and all the conflicts with Murano have been really awesome to watch :3 How the hell will their relationship recover after all this? His sudden outburst are uncontrollable right now.

Izumi scaring away those delinquents like nothing was so cooool! BA!! The guy pissed his pants XD DAT 3+ Meter JUMP :O SO cool! Even Hide was shocked XD

So there are some humans who believe these aliens exist? That's good to know that they're investigating about them.

Yuko really is screwed! What the hell is she thinking. RIP I guess.
Nov 26, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode, that girl is an idiot really, how stupid can ya get. D:
Nov 26, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
Best 2014 anime by far!... it just keeps geting better =)
Nov 26, 2014 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
2 episodes and still a fucking Cliffhanger madhouse i hate you :D
Nov 26, 2014 12:07 PM
Aug 2013
So will there be a new episode next week?
Nov 26, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
Not that cliffhanger! Why, why?! :D

So, his dad finally decided to talk to the authorities and his son about mom's incident. IIRC, his father was a journalist. Back in episode 6 his dad tried to explain to the local police about the monster and hide the truth from Shinichi, but obviously he can't more forward leaving things like they were.

Tamiya again, taking to an important person, more hints to the monsters doing stuff around Japan, and the public being kept intentionally in the dark.

Shimada was done well. Maybe a little less threatening than the manga, but certainly managed to rile Shinichi up.

More stupid girls. It was cute that Murano fell in love with the meh-Shinichi, although I like the new one. He really is changed.

6/7//5
Nov 26, 2014 12:09 PM
Jan 2014
The suspense from the last episode carried over to this one as well. This 1-hour block has been a bliss to watch. The atmosphere completely indulged me this time, and let's not talk about the immersion... Such a fantastic experience.

As good as this episode was, I still can't get over the fact about how Yuuko managed to screw up so badly. She is in a complete constast with the cops pretty much. The preview for the next episode looked somewhat promising for her future, so I hope I won't need to choke upon my words later on.

The change in Shinichi's behavior has been very stable so far, nothing too out-of-context. His relationship with Murano has been literally tanking it though. I hope he can go on even terms with her again soon.

Shimada's definitely an interesting parasyte. He acts very unpredictable, when compared to the rest. He's the one that's been driving my feel of suspense out of bounds. I'm really curious about what's going to happen to him after he meets up with Shinichi, especially after his most recent encounter.
ResidentNov 26, 2014 12:31 PM
Nov 26, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
I hope that the Hide parasite guy doesn't die, for some odd reason i find myself liking his character even though he is a man eating asshole.
Nov 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
Shinichi is a gentleman and a scholar. A complete bro. Saving bitch as wanna-be gangsters from imminent death when they have no clue what's going on. He just screams:

And what a stupid glasses-wearing bitch. "Hey! Let me go tell the possible people eating murdering monster that I know his secret and ask if he is actually a nice monster and doesn't kill people like all the rumors say. And why I don't I do it alone in an enclosed room with nothing but a bottle to protect myself." Classic women of anime. She should be killed off.
dankzelNov 26, 2014 2:14 PM
Nov 26, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
Shinichi just became the new Inaho with anger issues.
Nov 26, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhhhhh Give me next episode now!!!!
Nov 26, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
such a great Anime. can't get enough of this series.
for me personally, it feels really weird, wachting shinichi that changed, but it's somehow fascinating
Nov 26, 2014 12:17 PM
Apr 2014
This anime is so goddamn good.
Madhouse = Gods.
Nov 26, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2014
Whoa, will Shininchi be able to save Tachikawa?
Nov 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
Really loving this anime and the way the Parasyte's are drawn.
11/10

Anyone know if we're still getting an episode next week?
IZEROII said:
If you legitimately enjoyed this as a series then I honestly believe you need to reevaluate your definition of entertainment because watching tin foil blow in the wind probably is a way you kill time.

SolviteSekai said:
Lol wish fulfillment. It's always been my wish to be a greasy lolicon with a mullet who plays Civ all day every day.

He got me.
Nov 26, 2014 12:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mitsuo got owned again. This guy keeps chasing for troubles himself. Won't be surprised if he ends up dying sometime soon.

Ah Damnit! Shinichi keeps messing up with Murano and even yelled at her! How'd he make up to her for all these?

Looks like there's an parasyte investigation team now. I wonder what countermeasure they'd come up with to stop them. One of the guy seems to have an excellent perception too.

Shinichi Handled those delinquents like a boss. Yano-san was pretty quick to go home with his crews. XD

Tachikawa probably has a death wish. Why'd she follow Hideo around and even when she saw such an abnormal side of him, why the hell confront him about it? >.<

Great episode. Murano crying again in the PV? Shinichi needs to come up with a pleasant present for her later.

Nov 26, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
god damnnnnn Tachikawa is sooo dumb lol
why would she try to confront a mass killer by herself

Nov 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Zeally said:
god damnnnnn Tachikawa is sooo dumb lol
why would she try to confront a mass killer by herself

The plot has to move forward.
Nov 26, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Pknoctis said:
Well, that girl is pretty fucking stupid. "I don't know whether he's an alien or not, so I'll ask him directly in an otherwise empty classroom, without telling anyone. With my back facing him. Surely nothing could go wrong."

Anyways, whooooo great episode. Can't wait for more.

She deserves to get killed, I won't shed a single tear.

Otherwise a very good episode, this show is awesome!!!
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
Dammit this is freakin awesome!

Shinchii is getting less human by the minute.

That cliffhanger man. Megane girl made the worst decision of her life by asking Shimada.
Lol at Shinchii when he shouted out in class.

LOLOLOLOL. That Migi.
TyrelNov 26, 2014 8:18 PM
Nov 26, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2014
Now why would someone who wasn't entirely sure is a peron was human and thought that they might be an alien/monster decide to confront them on this topic alone in an isolated room? So stupid. But it was still another awesome episode!
HellLyterNov 26, 2014 12:40 PM
Nov 26, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome 2 episodes....seems like 2 episodes left to conclude Hideo arc and the death flag on Yuuko is almost 100%.Can't wait for next episode...this gonna be epic and things gonna get worst
Nov 26, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
I got LOL'ed on the last part(Shouting during the middle of the class). Anyway, that girl is so dumbass.

Nov 26, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
That girl is fucking stupid, She saw him change faces and know that they eat people, why would you go an confront him about it. -.- anyway great episode.
Nov 26, 2014 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I watched episode 9 by mistake first and I was so confused. I then corrected my mistake and was relieved o see they didn't do a timeskip.

Madhouse continues impressing with their fine adaptation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 26, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
This might be the best anime of 2014.
Nov 26, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
Those drawings.

Shinichi just can't fix things with Murano.
Too many things going on.

Tachikawa goes from admiration to totally terrified.
I wonder what kind of liquid she decided to take out as a weapon.
Shimada shows his true self to her.

Shinichi yells out in the middle of class.

Another amazing episode. Can't wait for the next one!

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."

Jan 2014
Pknoctis said:
Literally what I was thinking the entire time. Plus, how the hell did she connect the dots so quickly? She didn't know anything about them before, did she?

This anime is still freaking good though, lol 5/5

Jun 2011
Sape said:
So will there be a new episode next week?
Nov 26, 2014 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
Why you gotta go and do some stupid stuff

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Nov 26, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome episodes. There is a lot going on.

I am not sure what to think about Shinchii's anger issues.
That girl is really asking to be killed, I feel it's gonna happen.
I prefer Kana over that other girl... what s her name again ? :D
Nov 26, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2013
What a fantastic show. I love how Shinichi changed. Not that I like his change very much, but I like that there are shows today that have some character development.

Though not so much action today, but it was still kickass.

5/5 for both.
Nov 26, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
Damn Shinichi, yelling at Murano like that.. You are in serious bad standing now. I hope he will tell her about his condition at some point.
Nov 26, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2013
This is anime is too good. kinda scared of watching next week now...
Nov 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
Shinichi sure has gone back a few steps emotionally hasn't he? Oh well she'll be quite surprised when she finds out about his little secret.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 26, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
This show is crack! Ugh.
Nov 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
It is refreshing to see a character like Shinchi, and not some typical male anime protagonist. Cold-blooded and, badass, but still has some character flaws as shown when he interacts with Murano.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - Yesterday

14 by egosumjohn »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.