Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the group goes out for some stargazing? Cute.

I'm not surprised by Kaori's shyness this episode. Had a bad feeling when they couldn't find Kaori this episode. Bus-kun strikes :O
Nov 22, 2014 10:25 AM

Aug 2013
That again!! :/
I hoped for not seeing this :(
rsc-plNov 22, 2014 10:28 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 22, 2014 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
"You have reached the [Bad Ending], do you wish to Restart? Y/N"
Nov 22, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2013
Man she didn't make it the second time around. I'm guessing there is going to be a restart again?
Nov 22, 2014 10:30 AM
May 2011
Damn it! How I hate Kaori!! Will she finally die or not&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Nov 22, 2014 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
so what do you guys think about this theory

MarikGrNov 22, 2014 10:37 AM
Nov 22, 2014 10:38 AM

Mar 2008
Damn, have to wait 1 week more for next episode ...

Nov 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
Stuff is finally coming together. Let's hope they keep it that way.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 22, 2014 10:53 AM

Mar 2009
Different events, same result. Enjoyed today's episode can't wait for the next one now.

Nov 22, 2014 10:57 AM
Jun 2012
omg yui and kaori are fuking annoying. and like really kaori cant see sou talking to a girl cuz she goes into full depression mode and that clumsiness only hapens wen she reaches for the bear wtf.
Nov 22, 2014 11:00 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I knew they couldn't avoid it but it ended up happening again. Well hopefully this next cycle Yui just goes about it a different way.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 22, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
OMG SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
Finally! and what happened was good.
Nov 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
Well like I said the past is obdurate...if something is destined to happen it finds a way, but if that's all this series has to tell us it's a pretty obvious and depressing message. It's like Kaori is in a Final Destination movie. So what now? Does Yui try again? We only have 4 episodes left...
Nov 22, 2014 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Yui can't save Kaori. She has to go back to the past and try again.
Nov 22, 2014 12:00 PM
Oct 2012
llcruz said:
OMG SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
Finally! and what happened was good.

For an adaption of a VN, this animation team is doing a really good job so far and they are making the story very compelling. Next week, based on the ending, we will get more of facts behind the quantum time travel.

But for now we know the box has been opened at least twice and the cat was dead in each of them, so we are down to either 9 or 10 (and that difference I think is important) alternative realities to attempt to alter, but I have a feeling that the more boxes that are opened the more distortion between the realities is going to occur (hence the reappearance of the ghost).
Nov 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
So Yui failed to warn/protect Kaori and the accident happened once again... I guess she'll start over or something like that...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 22, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
lol she died again.
Nov 22, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2013
So it end up with the same result bad ending again
Kaori is dead.

since only 4 episodes left im guessing next episodes will be the finally
story/restart were Sou and Yui finally able to save her.
Nov 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
MarikGr said:
so what do you guys think about this theory

I also think it will end up with something like this,
remind me of Steins;Gate :)

This theory also fits nice with the story
and will be a great ending to the series.
Nov 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
Sou is a massive fucking asshole, like a dinosaur sized asshole.

Also even though this was basically a more in depth version of episode 1 it was still the one of the best episodes.

Looks like we're actually going to finally get into the whole time travel plot which is freaking about time.

Anyways fuck Sou I hope he gets killed by a fucking bus.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Nov 22, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
Sou is my favorite character of all time and I dont even watch Uschinarewata mirai no motomoto :|
Nov 22, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
Yui failed. If I were Sou I would've rekt her so hard in the future.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 22, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
It resembled the first episode, that star watching thing and stuff.
At least on the next episode things will make sense.
Nov 22, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
This is clearly trying to tell a good story, possibly a very compelling one, but in this episode it completely and utterly failed to interest me in any way. To me, this is an example of the time travel story, with the whole "repeating the past over and over again to save someone" presented poorly. If presented properly, this could genuinely be great like Steins;Gate (but obviously nowhere near such levels), but this is presented so poorly most of the time that this isn't the case. And the characters all being bland and uninteresting (possibly other than Sou) really doesn't help.

On the bright side, at least we know now what events led to Yui getting there in the first place (more or less).

But what now?
Nov 22, 2014 3:49 PM

Dec 2013
So, we are now back to the first episode of the series with 4 left... Man, such bad storytelling.

At this point I know that more than likely the last 4 episodes will be another attempt, probably successful, to save Kaori. However, I wish they'd leave her dead- her character is actually better that way. She spent the first half of the series quietly keeping her feelings locked up inside, pining over Sou and never actually doing anything. Then she quite literally pushes Yui onto him, almost forcing some development between them(even though not the development she thought). She did that of her own free will, no coercion from anyone or anything. When she sees that they became friends she gets all emo- depressing and brooding, acts jealous and pouts like a child when she sees them within 10 feet of each other. Good God, just let the kid stay dead! At least her death has meaning for both the story and characters, whereas her continued existence is meaningless.

What I mean is, as a character she is meaningless. Her death gives the story/plot purpose, gives the characters motivation and causes emotional reaction. Her continued existence does nothing of the sort, her living causes the story/plot to lose purpose and her character becomes just another face in the crowd. While I admit, if they do as I believe they will and use the last 4 episodes to make another attempt at saving her, success would bring everything to the natural end of the story- the entire reason for Yui coming back would be complete and everyone could live happily ever after. So, that is the logical course. But, a fairy tale ending like that is crap to me. I would rather see her remain dead, and see the characters actually have to face it and deal with it instead of running from it and trying to change time/history because they're sad. Have Sou actually have to face reality and realize that he's only been running from his pain, that he needs to face the truth and the future and stop trying to change history to suit his own emotional baggage. That's the kind of ending that would truly give Kaori, as a character, real meaning and purpose.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Nov 22, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2008
I was kinda hoping Sou would have been hit by the bus for being such an idiot and asshole... heh. Well, at least now it's kind of clear why they made the first episode the way they did. Poor Yui though, for failing.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 22, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2013
Why so much hate for Sou? I keep seeing people say that he's an idiot and asshole, I don't quite get why people are saying that about him.

Please tell me you all are not saying that because he didn't return Kaori's feelings? That would just be ignorant to hate on him for that... His reaction is actually quite normal.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Nov 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode. It was similar to episode 1 with Kaori trying to pick up the bear and getting hit by a bus. Next time, the story begins!

The_Bif said:
Why so much hate for Sou? I keep seeing people say that he's an idiot and asshole, I don't quite get why people are saying that about him.

I don't get it either. Someone elaborate please.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 22, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Ow the accident happens again and Yui can not impede, poor Kaori so cute and so no luck, I'm starting to get angry of Sou, just how coward he is, when we finally have the chance to get the girl he does not give the answer

I'm curious as to how things will happen now, what will they do to save Kaori? The title of the next episode is very suggestive ..
Nov 22, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
she dieded again, feeder!

I think they'll not restart the event again from what the preview said..
Nov 22, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
The anime started on 10/01 and the accident is 10/14 at 4:20 pm. I just hope that if they do go back to the past, I just hope that they dont go all the way back to 10/01
Nov 22, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
drama_menck said:
Ow the accident happens again and Yui can not impede, poor Kaori so cute and so no luck, I'm starting to get angry of Sou, just how coward he is, when we finally have the chance to get the girl he does not give the answer

I'm curious as to how things will happen now, what will they do to save Kaori? The title of the next episode is very suggestive ..

I think that Sou likes Yui by how he was blushing around her this episode
Nov 22, 2014 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
Omg something actually happened!! And it was a good thing, that annoying girl is dead!!!(again)

Anyway...the plot just became so predictable since ep 3 or so... at least this ep. was entertaining, but this is just so slow paced, uninteresting and has such a subpar animation and retarded directing i don't even care anymore...i guess i must care a little bit though, since i'm still watching it...

It's not like i hate this, but OMG WHY U SO FUCKING SLOW? WHY IS SOU SO FUCKING SLOW? WHY IS KAORI SO FUCKING SLOW? WHY IS EVERYONE SO FUCKING SLOW?!

Sorry, didn't want to rant, this was actually my favorite episode so far, and i definitely don't hate this anime, hatred is a feeling i reserve only for the anime that can provoke me such strong emotions, but while watching this i just feel brain-dead...

5/5 because something happened, i wonder if we'll ever see Jeniffer's face...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 23, 2014 2:25 AM

May 2013
Welp, FINALLY THE PLOT IS MOVING NOW.

I have a mix feelings for Kaori, yes I like her courage for confessing to Sou (mainly the reason why I ship these two) but she pushed Yui and Sou so its her fault to get JEALOUS.

So in the end, Yui or Kaori? Idk
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 23, 2014 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Seriously why so much hate for Sou.
Good on Kaori for finally confessing.
Knew the same result was coming.
All that jealously was because Kaori pushed Yui towards Sou anyway so..
We'll probably get to see the others when they're older next episode.
They probably won't go over Yui trying to save Kaori again, it'll probably be about the creation of Yui and time travel etc.
Nov 23, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2013
I had a feeling Kaori would get wrecked the second time. Can't change the past no matter how or how many times you try. Yui just can't handle all of it. Back to zero I guess. Now, the Sou in that time will create another Yui probably. I don't even know anymore.
CreamZiNov 23, 2014 6:18 AM
Nov 23, 2014 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Kaoiri-Chan :(
Nov 23, 2014 7:01 AM

Jun 2014
Why do this to me Ushinawareta why ? :((
Nov 23, 2014 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
Finally a bit of action.

Nov 23, 2014 11:08 AM

Oct 2014
Fuck, Kaori died again in the same fashion, and Sou is annoying, he really doesn't get anything at all. So, I'm guessing it gonna be a rewind again where Yui get send into the past...again, I also guessing that she was already being send to the past multiple times and those ghost things where probably her who would disappear every-time she fails.
Nov 23, 2014 3:24 PM
Nov 2014
Lol couldn't Yui save Kaori, for all the time she spent on the ground? for those annoyed at Kaori.. some girls act like that and get jealous easily. the writrs place a huge emphasis on jealousy they place on the character. Sou and his denseness lol, I feel like Kaori and Kenny would be a good pair lmaooo imagine, but he got his bae Jennifer :P
Nov 23, 2014 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
oh no this is happen again Kaori get hit by bus and died. :(

let's see how they will save Kaori after this.

Nov 24, 2014 1:19 AM
Apr 2012
Kaori is annoying as hell and it's her fault that she forced Yui on to Sou due to her jealousy. She goes into that depression mode and it's annoying as FUCK.

Then it disappoints me that everyone thinks that Sou is a asshole.. seriously? The dude is actually pretty nice and his reaction to her confession is totally natural..?

The only reason she's dying because she's so dumb and goes all emo because her damn misunderstandings. Besides her dying really makes the plot more interesting rather than Yui trying to save her just so that Kaori and Sou can be together. It's totally pointless.
Nov 24, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2008
It's really interesting - when I was watching the 1st episode her death scene made me more emotional than when I watched this one. Way to make us want to see the characters die huh.
Nov 24, 2014 10:02 PM

Aug 2010
I tend to not like "time paradox" stories because they always seem to do the same thing. Someone goes into the past to prevent some future and yet fails because you can't change the past, since if you did you wouldn't have needed to go back in the first place...blah blah blah. BUT WAIT this unchangeable fate only applies to the one big event and a few key events leading to it. Other events can change no problem as long as the main one we are concerned with still happens...sigh. Basically "time" is just a trolling *******.

Now here you have all of the characters being dumb so the story can make sure the big event still happens. This episode made everyone oh so annoying.
Nov 25, 2014 1:05 AM

Feb 2013
Oh god....I have to wait to find out what happens....damn it!!
Nov 25, 2014 1:23 AM
Nov 2014
y123y said:
drama_menck said:

I think that Sou likes Yui by how he was blushing around her this episode

Exactly, why all the hate on Sou? Sou starts to have feelings for another girl so he can't answer right away. IMO i'd like Sou and Airi or Sou and Nagisa. BWUAHAHAHA!
Nov 25, 2014 7:53 AM
Nov 2014
Sou isn't an asshole--he's just dense as a brick wall. However, there might be a double meaning to his statements that he wishes things could stay just as they are: perhaps he means that he wants to have Kaori in his life forever, and he fears that she only has sibling-like feelings for him. (Like I said, he's dense.) His inexcusable action, however, is his indecision to reciprocate Kaori's feelings. He obviously loves her too--so he should have some bravery here and reach out for the wonderful thing in front of him. The second time around, however, I think he might have some slightly conflicting feelings due to his interactions with Yui (I mean, come on, she's adorable too.)
Kaori is shy. Duh. I'm amazed she had the balls to confess to him in the classroom and under the stars those two times (well, one time really.) Also, she's conflicted because she wants Sou to be happy, and she, like Sou, fears that the object of her affections feels only sibling-like emotions towards her and doesn't want to lose the good parts of the relationship that they have.
In short, they're both dumb, but only dumb in the sort of ways that many people are in matters of the heart.
As for Yui, I think she genuinely DOES have feelings for Sou as her maker, but I think her interactions with him in the past are gradually shifting those feelings to something she knows she shouldn't have--romantic love for him. However, I also think she's very dedicated to her mission, and simply is naive about how her close interactions with Sou look to Kaori.
So why is everybody so quick to hate these characters? It's always easy to see mistakes when you're a third party--it's when you're experiencing events yourself that it's difficult to see clearly the course you should take. It's called being human.
gimli1234567Nov 25, 2014 7:56 AM
Nov 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2013
Just..JUST what the hell is happening in this anime? So this another version of the 1st episode? What`s Yui? If this is an adaptation from a VN,does this anime shows the bad endings or smth? There are some hints here and there,and i`m starting to get the grip of the story,but it`s so confusing!! -,-
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Nov 25, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2010
So in short Yui failed to prevent Koari's death something she was send for back in the past, at least that's what's suggested.
Seeing the thing she knows it's most likely that she is from the future.
The question is what know.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by White_Alice »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.