Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oooh how daring Kyoutarou. Hugging Tsugumi in public just like that? Anyways, I think he is on the right track to become a shepherd by taking risks but still not quite there yet.

But hey, the one that really took the risky move is Nagi imo this episode with that kiss. Now I know Tsugumi won't forget what just happened.
Nov 19, 2014 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
Anime still moving different from VN: :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 19, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2012
So they'd forget all about him huh? Well that's been hinted at for a bit now so not too surprising. As have Kodachi's feelings. I still say she's the female lead and not Shirasaki.

Most of the episode was fanservicey fluff. I expect some gifs of Kodachi on the dancing machine to be made. :D
Nov 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Probably getting on Kodachi route and that kiss in the end.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 19, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
I'm in Shirasaki or Misono ship, I hope that this kiss was just one-timer.
But anyway, another nice episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 19, 2014 10:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
zomg an actual kiss

what is this madness
Nov 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2010
The date with everyone, all those whispering about his type and those teasing.

O.o That shepherd work's back story!

Being forgotten is the price to pay for being a shepherd.

Kodachi kissing Kakei at the end!
Nov 19, 2014 12:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Tsugumi is so bold; asking Kakei to go on a group date with all the girls. Shamelessly competitive.

Kakei opening his door to 4 different Kodachi was pretty funny! Tsugumi and Tamamo were totally showing off that they can be good housewives.

Liked the group date part; not because the girls were extra cute while getting some alone time with Kakei, but how none of them were jealous when observing from afar. Even though it was a request to find out what type of girl he prefers, girls getting jealous when the MC is spending time with different girls is very natural.

Lol'd at Kakei concentrating on Kodachi's assets, rather than the dancing contest! I don't blame him. That was boring anyways.

Saving Tsugumi from future disgrace, Kakei's awkward hugging was hilarious! That Android #18 reference though. XD

Poor Ikkei.. Totally the Iwaizumi of this show with the awareness that he's being ignored by everyone. *Sigh..

Looks like normal people tends to forget anything that's related to Shepherd after a while. That kinda sucks, because I would've preferred Kakei as a secret Shepherd, helping people from behind the scene.
Kodachi acting all tough about what it means to be a Shepherd, just before breaking down in tears that she'll be forgotten by Kakei when she becomes one. That kiss was quite sudden too!

I think none of them will end up being the Shepherd though. Spending times with friends and building good memories are more important.

Good episode. Ikkei complaining about being treated poorly in the PV was LOL! Why can't he get just one girl? >.<

Nov 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this episode as someone who haven't played the VN yet. I will though, when the anime is finished. ^^ I really do hope it will turn out to be Kodachi in the end~ (and not no one ^^ pls don't exceed this harem crap to its limit >_>)
Nov 19, 2014 1:04 PM
Oct 2014
I really do love when romantic things actually happen between characters other than hinted romance all the fucking time as we are used to see

PS: Inb4 Kodachi gifs
Nov 19, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
A harem episode huh? I wonder who's route will the show do.
I do not wish for a harem ending.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
So yeah, wasn't expecting this:

Nice episode overall.
Kakei should end up with miss ponytail or kodachi.
Nov 19, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
Yamada2 said:

Nice episode overall.

I agree. Those are my two favorite chicks
Nov 19, 2014 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting, group date......
Kodachi's kiss at the end...
Nov 19, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2010
Personally i always thought that Sakuraba was the best girl but now i am starting to root more for Kodachi.
I think she is a better girl then the rest and she seems lonely and that last scene seemed to confirm this.

She seems so focused on becoming a Shepard that she is forgetting what's importuned, and it's clear that she has some feelings for Kakei.
Guess there was a reason why they where put together.
Nov 19, 2014 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Wow, they could have at least invite the other male MC

Dec 2011
Kakei X Kodachi. My OTP. Hell yeah!!!!
That kiss. Can't wait to see when Kakei remembers her fully.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2013
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN why can't he end up already with Misono? They'd be so cute together, firetruck that sheperd thing!

And what about Tamamo? Would love that/10
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Nov 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, this episode really impressed me. I am literally so surprised. I had written this off as absolute garbage and this episode just turned it around with solid consistent humor, a good script and a well structured pace.

It's too bad the first 6 episodes in my mind were terrible (not so much the concept but the overall execution was awful). Hopefully, this episode is the start of a turnaround. If they can keep up with this level execution this show may jump from a 4/10 to anywhere around 6 or 7/10
Nov 19, 2014 1:46 PM
Oct 2014
I suspect we might be on the Kodachi route, and this will end with both Kakei and Nagi being both lovers, and Shepherds together.
Nov 19, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
Wow, its like Rail Wars
Nov 19, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
y123y said:
Wow, its like Rail Wars but better

There ya go.

Kodachi be moving this harem.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 19, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
I have noticed that this anime makes all the chicks go for the MC because of his love to read and book collections.

So does having like a manga and comic collections count? Will that help me get a harem? If they see me reading it, will that get me on their good side?
Nov 19, 2014 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
y123y said:
I have noticed that this anime makes all the chicks go for the MC because of his love to read and book collections.

So does having like a manga and comic collections count? Will that help me get a harem? If they see me reading it, will that get me on their good side?

Probably not. But! If you want to turn peoples (girls?) heads, try pretending to read BL and if they ask about it say "I'm straight, just that the thought intrigues me." and prepare for squeals.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Nov 19, 2014 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
7thVoid said:
y123y said:

Probably not. But! If you want to turn peoples (girls?) heads, try pretending to read BL and if they ask about it say I'm straight just that the thought intrigues me.

OHHHH!!!!!!! THANK YOU SENSEI!!!!! =D
Nov 19, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
y123y said:
7thVoid said:

Probably not. But! If you want to turn peoples (girls?) heads, try pretending to read BL and if they ask about it say I'm straight just that the thought intrigues me.

Lol. At the very least you'll attract a lot of attention.

Nov 19, 2014 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
7thVoid said:
y123y said:

Haha true that.

Group date huh. A meh episode.
Till the end anyway. Becoming a shepherd means everyone who knows you will forget you. Wouldn't be able to stand that...
That kiss o_o :D
Nov 19, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Group date with 5 girls, what a lucky guy.
They are all nice girls, now I understand the Harem endings.

That kiss, so cute and so sad.
Nov 19, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Kakei got a group date with the girls, he is one lucky guy.

Kodachi kissed Kakei at the end.
Nov 19, 2014 5:42 PM
Nov 2014
Yamada2 said:

Nice episode overall.

IKR LOL that kiss had me like "O MY O MY O MYYYYYYY"
Nov 19, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
SandyBoi said:
7thVoid said:

Haha true that.

Till the end anyway. Becoming a shepherd means everyone who knows you will forget you. Wouldn't be able to stand that...

I think it will be more of a repellant and pain... but that's just me
Nov 19, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
Damn it! Things are just starting to get really good and now ive gotta wait another week! :)
Nov 19, 2014 6:57 PM

Oct 2013
Andyis said:
SandyBoi said:

Haha true that.

I think it will be more of a repellant and pain... but that's just me

A decent looking man wouldn't have any trouble. Until some seven foot dude comes up and grabs some cheeks.

Anyway, Senri FTW! I love characters like her.

Nov 19, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2011
I was smiling and giggling at the date, and then it ended with a awesome scene at the end. Thing are really getting better.

Five cute girls in his room and dating them. Kakei, you lucky bastard!
Nov 19, 2014 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
Jarkzy said:
I really do love when romantic things actually happen between characters other than hinted romance all the fucking time as we are used to see

PS: Inb4 Kodachi gifs

I completely agree. It's always hinting at someone's feelings but nowadays there aren't many actions like kissing or embracing, this was a nice touch in the episode, definitely one of my favorites just for that kiss with the tears~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 19, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
I dropped this anime in the first episode, continued it in the third ep after reading some of the eps discussion, I have to say that the way the story laid out hits the right spot most of the time. It's not overly done or downright boring.

That forced kiss at the end though. Damn.
Nov 19, 2014 10:16 PM

Apr 2012
Harem date episode
1.000.000 volt, Tsugumi #18 xD

aw that's consequence for being Shepherd :(
and that kiss in the end...

Poor Ikkei, being male best friend protagonist in harem anime is a curse xD

Nov 19, 2014 10:53 PM

Mar 2013
I really like Kodachi the most, and so I'm glad the anime route is leaning towards her. Can't help feeling sorry for Ikkei, though. Poor dude. Anime writers, just give him a girlfriend or smth.
Nov 20, 2014 2:20 AM

Feb 2012
That kiss was unexpected! I like Kodachi, but I also like Senri.

Great episode.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Nov 20, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2011
Does anyone know the song being played at the Dance arcade scene?
Nov 20, 2014 3:35 AM

May 2013
A date with everyone eh, Kakkei? Grabbing all of them wouldn't be so bad. Tsugumi #18 is a good name for a love doll. The other girls sure are daring when it comes to Kakkei. But wait, I thought Shirasaki is the main female character in this? Kodachi is showing more of her personal side than usual. The kiss was nice though.
Nov 20, 2014 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
Magito said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVs0xLMjoT0

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Nov 20, 2014 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
Last 2 episodes have been solid. It was a shame that the story started with so many lulls. Anyway, where is MY group date, huh..????
Nov 20, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
poor Ikkei, being left out.
Nov 20, 2014 7:24 AM

Jan 2014
:O wasnt expecting a kiss at all...i will be really surprised if this ends with Kakei being a shepherd or him chosing one girl...But then again i dont know about VN and so far anime did a good job at surprising me,so who knows...
Nov 20, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2013
ahahahahah I accidentally watched this episode before episode 6 without noticing. Ended up getting through the entire episode before noticing. Went back and watched episode 6 after I heard them mention a kiss i didn't remember...

TheMika said:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN why can't he end up already with Misono? They'd be so cute together, firetruck that sheperd thing!

And what about Tamamo? Would love that/10

It's pretty ironic, what little expectations I had for this show dissappeared when the first scene we saw of Misono was of her behind... but I have to say that she's pretty cute. Guess I'm a sucker for the short purple hair characters. There's no way they would go with her ending though.

I'm not sure Kodachi kissing Kakei changes much of anything for me. How many other shows have had one or more girls kiss the main character before he finally gets with the one girl that hasn't kissed him? This could just be a ruse to throw us off the obvious route with this show's poster girl. Personally, none of them seem all that interesting to me. Sure, they seem nice enough and all of the girls are cute, but most if not all characters are like that nowadays. Kodachi does have an interesting past (involving kakei?) it would seem, but I'm not fond of her character; she seems to be conniving when she makes the other girl's think Kakei and her have something going on between them. It is sad that she's choosing becoming a shepherd over her feelings for Kakkei, but that manipulative side (which seems to make her a good fit as a shepherd) takes away this appeal in my mind. I'm not saying she's a bad character; I guess she's a character that doesn't suit me well. It is nice that they have opened things up; it is hard to tell exactly what they'll end up doing with this show even now.

novalysis said:
I suspect we might be on the Kodachi route, and this will end with both Kakei and Nagi being both lovers, and Shepherds together.

Possible, but I don't think it's likely. As shepherds it seems that you devote yourself to helping others, so there wouldn't be much room for romance of any sort. That is how I see it at least. Plus, in the scenes where they go to the library, none of the other shepherds say a single word to one another. The people that speak are Kakei, Kodachi, and their mentor, and that is for obvious reasons. Although, perhaps if he becomes a shepherd that will change her in a way that finally allows her to become one. At this point, best bets would be kodachi, tsugumi, or none. If this is a harem route... bad things will happen to my mind. (need to find my happy place now... crawl into corner...)
Nov 20, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2010
Man all the girls are so shippable <3 I can't choose >.<! If I had to I'd definitely choose Nagi though. She's HOT and cute :3 Didn't expect that kiss :O

And her dancing body was *A*
Barion-ZaraNov 20, 2014 12:03 PM
Nov 20, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
lot of funny slice of life moments this time mixing with all this magic stuff:
Group Date, Dance arcade (over weight :P), Kakei huging Shirasaki like this....

cant get this loser guy out of my head, Shirasaki love doll- Tsugumi#18
give me a break :0

at least it end up with a kiss ;)

4/10 for this episode.
Nov 20, 2014 11:08 AM
Apr 2012
Magito said:

It's called "Dear Smile". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITXDqX34Bqk
Nov 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Sep 2012
definitely supporting Kodachi after this ep. she just has so much more screen time to express her feelings for Kakei (production studio bias?).

it will be a tough decision if the other girls get their own "emo time". but for now the other girls are more like really close friends to Kakei.

poor Takamine tho~ the forever alone MC's only male friend position xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

99 by Maelwine270 »»
Jan 14, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Whos is he gonna end with?

genetick - Nov 19, 2014

24 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:31 PM

» who does kakei end up with?

Belarabi - Nov 26, 2022

2 by AnosTheGod »»
Nov 27, 2022 11:19 AM

Poll: » Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2014

51 by Amatniki »»
Oct 31, 2020 10:02 PM

Poll: » Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

54 by Amatniki »»
Oct 31, 2020 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.