Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2014 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that started off weird at the beach and then to a transformation scene.

The CGI threw me off a bit along with Angela's voice. I do find her relationship with Zarik to be somewhat interesting throughout the movie though. OST is surprisingly strong as well. So Angela makes her resolve to fight. Idk how I feel about the guitar song sung by Zarik though but it looks like both the main characters made it out of this movie alive.
Nov 17, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
i hope someone fansub this and Urobutcher said that this will have no deaths long ago anyway, here is his past interview about this movie - http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5247869&postcount=90

Gen Urobuchi : "I'm also writing a story that people do not die!" - expelled from paradise.
Nov 17, 2014 9:19 AM

Oct 2007
Yeah I'll long since cease being an anime fan (pretty much have in a way already though) before I get used to feature length anime where I can literally count the number of frames in most animation sequences. Maybe it's Rie Kugimiya or that this was Toei but this feels almost like some sort of redux on that Kyosou Giga project from last year in terms of style and some thematics. Also of course Gen Urobuchi which WILL invariably be the sole subject of the discussion for this movie once it gets subs with no other staffer or anything getting discussion besides maybe the Angela characters design and how much people fapped to it cause anime fandom. God knows it's not like anything else could ever matter in the long run to do with this project.
PeacingOutNov 17, 2014 9:29 AM
Nov 17, 2014 6:22 PM
Oct 2010
I thought the animation was pretty watchable, some of the fights were nice. I don't have context for the plot, but anyone turned off by the CG should just go ahead and watch it before they dismiss it.

Oh yeah, I didn't expect "that" in the first few minutes.. I was like wtf? Warning to whoever, there's a fair amount of nudity and fanservice in this so don't watch around the wrong people.
GD1551Nov 17, 2014 8:52 PM
Nov 22, 2014 12:32 AM

Mar 2008
my thought can be summarized as
Kugyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu -> *Happiness*
TyrelDec 10, 2014 1:07 PM
Dec 1, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2013
This will probably be the best result of using 3D attempting to imitate the feels of 2D anime, though it didn't have much impactful scene. The story is on an OK level to be frank, but OK is rather a compliment since it is not a prevalent nowadays. Overall, very satisfying movie.

Song near the end was so sudden.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 3, 2014 7:30 AM

Apr 2012
nice movie

I thought the integration between 3D cg and 2D drawn background and characters was quite good.
bunny1ov3rDec 3, 2014 3:30 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 10, 2014 10:24 PM
Jun 2013
I like the story, Dingo had a huge space cowboy feel to him which is nice. Now, why not stay in a robo-body and kick ass the whole time? Why download back into a clone body?
Dec 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2011
Just got back from the NYC screening. Really fun movie. The 3DCG was the best I've seen in anime. The action was really nice. The OST was great.

It was kinda like Elysium only the message was far more interesting and not just a boring "rich vs poor" story. It was more about what defines "freedom" and whether or not being able to experience the marvels of the universe is worth it if you live in a society that constantly measures your worth to the collective.

All in all certainly worth watching if/when you get the chance.
Dec 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
I just finished watching in D.C

Was there anything after the end credits ?
Dec 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
Erzo said:

There was a quick scene with the authorities on Deva about halfway through the credits, and then another quick scene at the very end with
WingKingDec 13, 2014 12:48 PM
Dec 13, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
WingKing said:
Erzo said:

There was a quick scene with the authorities on Deva about halfway through the credits, and then another quick scene at the very end with

Thanks for the info. I couldn't stay during the credits so figured I'd see those scenes when I watched it again (if there were any).
Dec 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
neontaster said:
Just got back from the NYC screening. Really fun movie. The 3DCG was the best I've seen in anime. The action was really nice. The OST was great.

It was kinda like Elysium only the message was far more interesting and not just a boring "rich vs poor" story. It was more about what defines "freedom" and whether or not being able to experience the marvels of the universe is worth it if you live in a society that constantly measures your worth to the collective.

All in all certainly worth watching if/when you get the chance.

You were there too? Yay. Another New Yorker!

Seconded on that. You pretty much took the words out of my mouth.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Dec 13, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2011
neontaster said:

You went to the one at 2nd ave? I was there too lol. The poster is hugeeee. I don't know if I want to hang it up in my room.

Yup the movie was great. I loved the animation. Also Elisa singing that ED song. I already dled it.
Dec 13, 2014 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
zzjingzz said:
I like the story, Dingo had a huge space cowboy feel to him which is nice.

Yep. The fact that his facial hair and serape made him look a lot like Clint Eastwood in the "Dollars" trilogy didn't hurt either.

Also saw it in DC, and overall I enjoyed it. Had a few flaws in the execution, but I liked the ideas and what it was trying to do, and for the most part it was pretty entertaining. Not sure how soon I'll want to watch it again, but it was worth the time to go.
Dec 13, 2014 2:33 PM

Dec 2012
I can't say it was the worst anime nor the worst movie I saw this year...but it's pretty close to both. Watching this atrocity was the first time I ever considered walking out of a theater in the middle.

I'm not even sure where to begin. The story, the characters...Angela is like an awful gross light novel heroine but somehow even worse because I'm supposed to take her seriously. I'm sorry this is so incoherent but this movie just made me so mad. I could never have possibly imagined Gen Urobuchi could have written something this bad.
Dec 13, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
whitehairgirls said:
neontaster said:

You went to the one at 2nd ave? I was there too lol. The poster is hugeeee. I don't know if I want to hang it up in my room.

Yup the movie was great. I loved the animation. Also Elisa singing that ED song. I already dled it.

Yep. The noon screening at the East Village Theater.

Gotta make room for the poster.

So, I was not the only one who fell head over heels for that ED song, huh?
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Dec 13, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
CreationBreaker said:
whitehairgirls said:

Yep. The noon screening at the East Village Theater.

Gotta make room for the poster.

So, I was not the only one who fell head over heels for that ED song, huh?

It's funny, as I was sitting in the theater before the movie started I was thinking to myself "I wonder if I know any of these people from Twitter or MAL"
Dec 13, 2014 7:19 PM

Oct 2007
DrCakey said:
I can't say it was the worst anime nor the worst movie I saw this year...but it's pretty close to both. Watching this atrocity was the first time I ever considered walking out of a theater in the middle.

I'm not even sure where to begin. The story, the characters...Angela is like an awful gross light novel heroine but somehow even worse because I'm supposed to take her seriously. I'm sorry this is so incoherent but this movie just made me so mad. I could never have possibly imagined Gen Urobuchi could have written something this bad.

He did get his start as an eroge writer, it's not to surprising really
Dec 14, 2014 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
DrCakey said:

He did get his start as an eroge writer, it's not to surprising really

It's true he started writing visual novels, including eroge, but in order we have Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass, Gargantia, arguably Aldnoah.Zero (if you want to count that as him or not)...I mean, it's not like he wrote "Angela's breasts bounce" in the script, but this gross, clumsy tsundere heroine is completely uncharacteristic.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Urobuchi's just not as good as I thought and I can cross him off my not-exactly-extensive list of consistently brilliant creators.
Dec 14, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 2014
DrCakey said:
Or maybe I'm wrong and Urobuchi's just not as good as I thought and I can cross him off my not-exactly-extensive list of consistently brilliant creators.

Like I said in the "review", Urobuchi is that kind of writer like Mari Okada who needs someone capable to control or guide them so that they don't mess up the script or just write whatever he/she wants. I can understand why someone may like his style at first sight, I used to enjoy his game when I was young and inexperienced, but now he is just so tiring.
Dec 14, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2012
AaaaaaKun said:
DrCakey said:

Like I said in the "review", Urobuchi is that kind of writer like Mari Okada who needs someone capable to control or guide them so that they don't mess up the script or just write whatever he/she wants. I can understand why someone may like his style at first sight, I used to enjoy his game when I was young and inexperienced, but now he is just so tiring.

I haven't read any of his VNs, but simply looking at his anime it's seemed the ones where he had more creative control were quite a bit better. And even setting aside quality, Angela just seems like such a...not Urobuchi character. Do you agree/disagree?

Ugh, in any event, I need to find somebody who I know I'll like pretty much no matter what.
Dec 14, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
Talking about Urobuchi while having not played any of games where he was the writer is... lacking. It makes me think you are one of "omfg urobutcher does it again" guys. And definitely there's one on top of this page, I won't say who's that, everyone on MAL knows how he hates Urobuchi for some incomprehensible reasons.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 14, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
DawnJ said:
Talking about Urobuchi while having not played any of games where he was the writer is... lacking. It makes me think you are one of "omfg urobutcher does it again" guys. And definitely there's one on top of this page, I won't say who's that, everyone on MAL knows how he hates Urobuchi for some incomprehensible reasons.

Urobuchi is (was?) my favorite anime writer. Madoka Magica is my favorite anime, the Fate/Zero anime was excellent, Kamen Rider Gaim is my favorite Kamen Rider (though I don't have too much experience in that area), etc. I haven't played any of his games because I strongly dislike visual novels, and no one has ever described any of them to me and made them sound like something I was interested in.
Dec 14, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
DrCakey said:

I haven't read any of his VNs, but simply looking at his anime it's seemed the ones where he had more creative control were quite a bit better. And even setting aside quality, Angela just seems like such a...not Urobuchi character. Do you agree/disagree?

Ugh, in any event, I need to find somebody who I know I'll like pretty much no matter what.

Like which anime?

If this is old Urobuchi, Angela would get crushed because of her ignorant and lack of understanding of the world. But in this movie because of it's obviously lighter tone (In fact I don't get what the movie's tone is, bland?), all she has to go through is to renew her morals and values after she got pushed to an corner. It's more like a light-heart adventure you know, see a different world, open your mind, question the old style of living things like that. With this in mind and considering the target audience for this movie, Angela is kind of the perfect MC for this action movie from the point of storytelling. So in some aspects she is still a Urobuchi character, but more positive.

Well, how about Masaaki Yuasa? I consider his Ping Pong the animation the AotY material. And he never disappoints me.

DawnJ said:

It's more like how he presents his material rather than what he comes up with that disappointed me. Since this is a movie I have a different expectation and let's be honest this is not a script suitable for a movie format. I felt like it is written by the old Urobuchi who was just writing a VN, which can explain why the pacing is so off, almost no world building, long boring exposition and crazy amount of dialog, and this is not acceptable because this is a completely different format, and he knows that, he has been working in this field for quite some time.
Dec 14, 2014 2:44 PM

Feb 2011
I curse the people that got the limited posters from Japan because they were first in line.
Dec 14, 2014 7:57 PM

Oct 2007
DawnJ said:

I don't hate the guy, I hate the culture of infallibility and perfection surrounding him. I dislike that sort of fanboyism period where someone or something has to be made out to be this idea where anytime they're involved in anything it must be regarded as an instant masterpiece and people have to tiptoe around criticizing it and deal with it with the kiddie gloves off or theyre being a hater or some nonsense. Its just so stupid and trivial, like if he's so utterly infallible as an otaku friendly writer than whats the point of anything anymore. Might as well call it a done deal as far as anime goes and have him write everything cause clearly nobody can do any better ever.

Not really the case though but good luck convincing some people who either have to be all for or all against something. Those people really need to grow up already and realize that the real world doesn't work that way.

@Aaakun: I feel that of late he's betrayed how he's not very capable of getting past his eroge routes but fortunately for him it doesn't matter since its the key to success in today's anime market that is pathetically dependent on LN/VN style writing and that will barely give anything outside that sphere the time of day anymore. Its evident in the way they try to make these blockbusters out of his stuff but a lot of his dialogue just comes across as stiff and cliche albeit with the auspicion of sophistication. He still primarily writes through the lense of Moe moe characters or the standard otaku stuff so at the end of the day I really wonder what is the difference between him and any other popular writer in the otakusphere besides the fact he has more fanboys and people will buy just about anything with his or Nitroplus name on it similar to KEY/VISUAL ARTS

Yuasa is a good example of someone who has never really relied on otaku friendly writing and directing techniques or sentiments who draws on other forms of inspiration with his works. He'll never manage to be as popular or successful as an Urobuchi, Mizushima or Shinbo for it but its that sort of going it the hard way genuine effort that earns my respect in the long run. Urobuchi had it for a bit mind you with the surprising Madoka TV and Psycho Pass but everything else he's handled is just kind of the standard otaku stuff albeit usually with some glitzy visuals thanks to having sponsors that will kick in an arm and a leg as long as they can keep using his name for that easy profit
PeacingOutDec 14, 2014 8:17 PM
Dec 15, 2014 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
Omegadark said:
I curse the people that got the limited posters from Japan because they were first in line.

I know some people get excited for these kinds of things, but the poster's really nothing to get excited about. The Madoka movie posters had some cool art from what I saw (I never got one), although they're still just cheap free gifts, but the Expelled from Paradise one is pretty plain.

AaaaaaKun said:
Like which anime?

Well, there's Madoka Magica, which at least in interviews he's said he came in with the rough draft of an idea and it was approved with basically no revision (though of course aesthetically Madoka's nothing like him), and he wrote all the scripts. I think JesuOtaku put it quite nicely when she said Madoka Magica is so amazing, if it had been a hundred years ago it would be taught in school. I've actually only seen pieces of everything he's worked on after that, but I know he wrote most of the scripts for Psycho-Pass, only two for Gargantia, and whatever his concepts for Aldnoah.Zero were, they were changed enough he thought it was important enough to mention in interview the show wasn't what he'd wanted. As far as I know, that's also the order of quality most people see for those shows.

AaaaaaKun said:
Well, how about Masaaki Yuasa? I consider his Ping Pong the animation the AotY material. And he never disappoints me.

Ugh, I wish I liked Yuasa, that would make my life so much easier. I watched the first episode of Ping Pong and I just couldn't.

Maybe if I punch myself in the temple a few dozen times I'll like every Shinbo anime instead of just Madoka and Monogatari. I could imagine a me who liked Shinbo.
Dec 15, 2014 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
DrCakey said:

I think JesuOtaku put it quite nicely when she said Madoka Magica is so amazing, if it had been a hundred years ago it would be taught in school. I've actually only seen pieces of everything he's worked on after that, but I know he wrote most of the scripts for Psycho-Pass, only two for Gargantia, and whatever his concepts for Aldnoah.Zero were, they were changed enough he thought it was important enough to mention in interview the show wasn't what he'd wanted. As far as I know, that's also the order of quality most people see for those shows.

Well if you put anything today back to the past almost everything would be gold, even SAO, but it's about creating something that would stand the test of time, like the original Gundam and Ghost in the Shell. Madoka does have interesting setting, characters and visual, but that's about it. Throughout the anime I can't help but feeling it's all Urobuchi pulling the string whenever the plot needs it. Like Mami's untimely death and Kyouko's sudden change of heart for Sayaka, not to mention QB is just the impersonation of Urobuchi to spill out information when needed, sometimes he's just trying too hard and you can feel it from the way the character is acting and how the story progresses. SHAFT obviously knew this and they gambled on it, and it worked. For Psycho-Pass, Urobuchi was just hired to connect the dots for the script for obvious reasons, that show is basically the brain child of director Naoyoshi Shiotani and novel author Makoto Fukami so Urobuchi had little freedom to create the show in his way. Gargantia to me is just boring, has good premise but shallow exploration and before it seems it's going somewhere it's ended.

DrCakey said:
Ugh, I wish I liked Yuasa, that would make my life so much easier. I watched the first episode of Ping Pong and I just couldn't.

Maybe if I punch myself in the temple a few dozen times I'll like every Shinbo anime instead of just Madoka and Monogatari. I could imagine a me who liked Shinbo.

Haha, not the first time I heard that, but it's understandable. It's that kind of show that picks its audience, not the usual other way around.
I gave up on Shinbo's style long ago. He is more of a businessman before an animator nowadays.
raveninthemuddleDec 15, 2014 7:48 AM
Dec 15, 2014 8:34 PM

Oct 2012
I came for the suffering. I stayed for the booty.
But I gotta say, I loved Dingo's poncho =p
Dec 16, 2014 4:01 PM
Mar 2012
The movie was quite boring in the beginning and we were pretty much spoon-fed the plot, but after they introduced the true identity of Frontier Settler, things got much better. I enjoyed the comedy and the action, especially the space battle. I only wish they showed more of what this "Paradise" is rather than explaining it.
Dec 17, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
AaaaaaKun said:

It's more like how he presents his material rather than what he comes up with that disappointed me. Since this is a movie I have a different expectation and let's be honest this is not a script suitable for a movie format. I felt like it is written by the old Urobuchi who was just writing a VN, which can explain why the pacing is so off, almost no world building, long boring exposition and crazy amount of dialog, and this is not acceptable because this is a completely different format, and he knows that, he has been working in this field for quite some time.

Except that's kind of what is considered good storytelling and what is desirable when it comes to anime culture now for most people and if you try to do it differently people complain about things not making sense and the writers being bad so that's the way it stays. People very obviously love that sort of thing though with the huge exposition dumps and just droning largely pointless pseudo-philosophical dialogue. Worth pointing out even though I'm far from disagreeing with you.

AaaaaaKun said:

I gave up on Shinbo's style long ago. He is more of a businessman before an animator nowadays.

True, though he's far from the only example of that out there now. Honestly it's his overhead at Aniplex that are the real businessmen making anime into something less about the animation and content that is interesting for general audiences and kind of something more akin to matching key pieces and brands together like they are building a championship sports team except it's about trying to pander to otaku and score a hit with them that'll sell a lot of merchandise. They're also extremely successful and good at it, but too bad it's made anime kind of boring bland and samey now as we continue to cycle between the same group of clearly played out headline staffers and general otaku friendly ideas that clearly ran their course years ago yet continue on because Japan only changes up it's status quo every couple decades or so.

DrCakey said:
I think JesuOtaku put it quite nicely when she said Madoka Magica is so amazing, if it had been a hundred years ago it would be taught in school.

People actually listen to this person? She's possibly the worst example of a raving over the top lunatic fangirl I've ever seen and kind of represents everything wrong with anime fandom all in one package. She acts like she's all of 12 years old on the ANN forums (way worse than all the most belligerent of regular posters) and just posts either columns or forum commentary in this sensationalist over the top and unprofessional manner and turns every argument or point of contention into some eye roll inducing victim complex diatribe about how hard it is being a woman and how misogynistic everyone is. It's to the point where I almost have to wonder if it isn't just someone playing a character she's so absurd. Like to put it in perspective you get the raving lunacy, the victim complex, the childish posting and fangirling all at the same time.

I'm not even sure what she's supposed to mean about that comment either. Like what about Madoka Magica could possibly have any educational value to the point where anyone would think to teach about it in schools. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
PeacingOutDec 17, 2014 3:07 PM
Dec 18, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2014
DrCakey said:
DawnJ said:

Urobuchi is (was?) my favorite anime writer. Madoka Magica is my favorite anime, the Fate/Zero anime was excellent, Kamen Rider Gaim is my favorite Kamen Rider (though I don't have too much experience in that area), etc. I haven't played any of his games because I strongly dislike visual novels, and no one has ever described any of them to me and made them sound like something I was interested in.

I liked Gaim too, but I have yet to see any kind of praise for the 6 (SIIIIIIX, fucking SIX, man) directors that show had, or for the two producers. Just Urobuchi this, Urobuchi that.
Agree with the guy saying he's inconsistent like Okada; I apreciated Wixoss and NagiAsu, but Black Rock Shooter was just laughable, for example...

Just my 2 cents...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Dec 19, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
fansubs are out on nyaa, sample of subs, cant wait to fully download and watch it

Dec 19, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2009
j0x said:
fansubs are out on nyaa, sample of subs, cant wait to fully download and watch it
fish fansubs are flawed but sufficient to get the story.

this movie was excellent.
i also thought it was gonna be weird having Rie play a character like that, but somehow it worked. I do wish they'd filmed this in 24fps, but i can see they were going for keeping it comfortable with the pseudo-24 12fps animation we're used to in 2d stuff (also saves on production costs, less rendering time, can use the funds on making stuff more spectacular).
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 19, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
I really need to rewatch this, the theater atmosphere really took away from my enjoyment. It was pretty good still tho. Love the concepts of the devas and stuff. Dingo was a cool dude. Good thing I have the bluray coming as a gift from a friend.

Eonian is now favorite song hehehe
Dec 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
People actually listen to this person? She's possibly the worst example of a raving over the top lunatic fangirl I've ever seen and kind of represents everything wrong with anime fandom all in one package. She acts like she's all of 12 years old on the ANN forums (way worse than all the most belligerent of regular posters) and just posts either columns or forum commentary in this sensationalist over the top and unprofessional manner and turns every argument or point of contention into some eye roll inducing victim complex diatribe about how hard it is being a woman and how misogynistic everyone is. It's to the point where I almost have to wonder if it isn't just someone playing a character she's so absurd. Like to put it in perspective you get the raving lunacy, the victim complex, the childish posting and fangirling all at the same time.

I'm not even sure what she's supposed to mean about that comment either. Like what about Madoka Magica could possibly have any educational value to the point where anyone would think to teach about it in schools. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

You're a child.

Fabris said:
I liked Gaim too, but I have yet to see any kind of praise for the 6 (SIIIIIIX, fucking SIX, man) directors that show had, or for the two producers. Just Urobuchi this, Urobuchi that.

Well people are always going to latch on to the name they recognize. And in the case of Gaim I don't think there was much all those directors did that impressed me anyway, though I wasn't really looking for anything. Besides, having Urobuchi not only do (most) of the plot planning but also write almost all the scripts is a degree of singular creative vision you don't usually get to see on TV, especially in something like Kamen Rider.
Dec 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2009
just finished watching the movie it was fucking great, for now i will give it a 9/10

humans becoming AI
AI becoming human

i like the plot of the story which revolve around the concept of Deva where humans are computerized but they are content with that false utopia and abandoned their dream of finding other habitable planets in space
Dec 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Feb 2011
expected at least aldnoah tier butchering, or even any butchering whatsoever actually
ended up being more mild than gargantia
was still decent though, frontier best char
reminded me of hotel manga sorta
Dec 20, 2014 5:19 AM

Jun 2014
That was great.
Very intriguing setting.3 ways of life,3 different kind of humans.
The cast,while not the most orginal, delivered a great performance and the interaction between them was good,too.
I really enjoyed the action scenes as well.
The CG limited my enjoyment a bit,thoug.
Dec 20, 2014 8:30 AM
Jan 2013
What I dislike is how Urobuchi gets all the credit for the any animation he writes. What script writer does is creating story that DIRECTOR wants. (Madoka was very rare case as Shinbo pretty much gave entire control on story to Urobuchi.) For me, this is very typical Mizushima Seiji style anime, with very small bit of Urobuchi's idea on hope.

Plus, I liked the movie. Very well made SF + amazing animation. Sexuality described in this one was very mature unlike others.

DrCakey said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

You're a child.
Everyone should say this to him. Everyone should STOP discuss anything with KSS, because anyone who disagrees him is apparently lunatic fans.

DrCakey said:
Fabris said:

Well people are always going to latch on to the name they recognize. And in the case of Gaim I don't think there was much all those directors did that impressed me anyway, though I wasn't really looking for anything. Besides, having Urobuchi not only do (most) of the plot planning but also write almost all the scripts is a degree of singular creative vision you don't usually get to see on TV, especially in something like Kamen Rider.
Well.... Kamen Rider Gaim is to me, the WORST heisei era rider ever, I hope Urobuchi never write anything that is live action stuff. Interesting setting, but horrible characters + story + ending.
KitchiriDec 20, 2014 8:34 AM
Dec 20, 2014 8:47 AM

Dec 2013
Really great movie, almost want to see it as a hollywood movie with real actors and all :3

Dec 20, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2007
Kitchiri said:
.... Kamen Rider Gaim is to me, the WORST heisei era rider ever, I hope Urobuchi never write anything that is live action stuff. Interesting setting, but horrible characters + story + ending.

At the end of the day that almost describes every animated project he's ever worked on really.
Dec 20, 2014 10:57 AM

Dec 2013
That was actually pretty good. The animation was also interesting since it had 3D CG and 2D BG. Loved the OST too.
mods are cucks
Dec 20, 2014 10:03 PM

Feb 2012
The concept of humans becoming computerized scares me. Maybe the afterlife really is just a cloud of people competing over resources.. Good movie, nice titties.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2014 6:59 AM

Sep 2013
Uh, that was pretty fucking bad to be honest. It screamed 'Expelled from Originality' throughout the whole movie. The characters were so cheesy and unoriginal I had to cringe during multiple scenes. Can't really get much more your run-of-the-mill hollywood feelgood action flick than that. The loli fanservice carried my experience. >_>

The action scenes looked pretty decent, if the future tv series can make cgi look at least good as it was in this movie, I'd be fine with more full cgi stuff. OST was pretty decent too.

4/10
cupcDec 21, 2014 10:27 AM
Dec 21, 2014 7:46 AM

Jun 2014
The fight scenes were enjoyable and the dance music that accompanied it was very fitting.

Dec 21, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Kitchiri said:

DrCakey said:

You're a child.
Everyone should say this to him. Everyone should STOP discuss anything with KSS, because anyone who disagrees him is apparently lunatic fans.

^This.
Dec 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
Nice movie overall. Angela was sekushi.

The story was nice. It wasn't something captivating or marvelous I something that would blow you away. It was good. It didn't have any problem like plot holes or something incoherent. It was told perfectly.

The cg felt off at times. Sometimes it was great, sometimes it felt really off. The fight scenes were great though.

The song in the end was great. And Dingo should never sing. He wasn't made for singing.
Dec 21, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2014
The Arise version of Eonian is epic, sadly it's only a minute and 20sec long.

Anyway, this anime is great, I will watch it again.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» It might just be me but

mydaddy - 4 hours ago

3 by VioletFalcon83 »»
2 hours ago

» Sequel

Chipp12 - Jan 26

9 by Yay267 »»
Feb 7, 9:21 AM

» what's the name of that song Dingo sings with his guitar before the end credits roll

YeetDabMcFapDab - Nov 20, 2022

1 by Renzoku_Rentou »»
Nov 28, 2022 1:00 AM

» Rated R+ for mild nudity?

TaigaStyle - Jan 14, 2015

6 by Felkyr »»
May 27, 2020 8:11 AM

» The BD/DVD will come out on 10 December.

rederoin - Sep 14, 2014

38 by DangerMouseDM »»
Apr 30, 2015 11:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.