Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2009 5:37 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad he was able to control his powers. I'm also glad that it's over. I don't think I'm much of a harem person.
Dec 5, 2009 10:12 PM

Jul 2009
Well that's for 1st season..i don't think it was harem XD
And i don't see any romance at all..it's just light Tsundere from Chitose..that's all
6/10
Jan 25, 2010 1:50 AM
Oct 2009
Yeah, I don't think it was a harem either. It seldom had a few moments where general "friendship or appreciation" could have been seen as interest towards Ikko, but ultimately, it was nothing.
Like the TC, I'm glad he ended up being able to control his powers. However, the only two significant things that happened were that and that Chitose (especially portrayed in the later episodes) definitely likes Ikko and is giving him the "violent" treatment to conceal her true feelings. Which is nice considering there's a second season with "competition."

Since I can't really make an "Episode 13 Discussion," I'll also add my opinion on that in here.
Well, this episode actually stated "To Be Continued" at the end credits. To me, officially ending the first, but it really acted like an OVA - an OVA filled with definite R+ material.
They decided to cram as much fanservice in here as possible of all the girl characters (except Grandma, thank god). But it's not like the fanservice from the previous 12 episodes, involving barely-covered breasts, wardrobe malfunctions, etc., this one involved actual nudity (bare breasts, basically - no censors here).
SaintlyJan 25, 2010 1:54 AM
Feb 17, 2010 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
Ended. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 15, 2012 4:40 PM
Dec 2011
WoW finaly it's over ,but i'm going to watch the special and 2nd season too >_<

4/10 Overall really bad anime .

i hope it's get better in 2nd season.
Mar 15, 2014 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
wasn't bad not great but not bad looking forward to the ova
[/quote]
May 18, 2014 6:26 PM

May 2012
So so ending, really didn't like how this anime developed. The concept sounded interesting but the execution is just bad... Well let's see what the special and the second season has to offer although I don't think that will change my opinion about this show... 4/10
Jun 2, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
I guess I am the only one here who absolutely loved the show, even with my huge anime experience...?

10/10, it was perfect. I'm counting both seasons as one, so they share the score. Interesting storylines, incredibly stupid humor and an unforgetable BGM score. The OP and ED was fantastic as well. The episodes never got old and were really creative, with a touch of dramatic moments sure to reach out to the viewer. The result of Ikkou's power was always the same, but I see that as a running gag. The only thing I can complain about is Sumi (Too much of a crybaby) and Chitose (way too violent...) and perhaps even Kazuki (Isn't this going a bit too far...?), but every other character was very likable.

I guess there are pearls even between the animes with low scores. Will never forget
Keitaro004Jun 2, 2014 3:25 PM
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Nov 25, 2014 5:59 AM
Dec 2011
awesome.. going to watch the special and the 2nd season now :3 i love iku :3
May 22, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
The comedy and the ecchi didn't really got to me I'm afraid, there was some nice characters in it though. 3/10
Jan 17, 2016 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
The ecchi comedy in this is amazing. I loved this season.
Dec 3, 2016 7:10 PM
Apr 2015
The characters are like oh he needs to control his powers. They tell him this over and over again, but the only reason he can't do that is because the side characters keep just popping out there breast, and then they scold him for it. Don't blame the main character and tell him he needs more training. You would be dead by know because he does all the work!
Mar 19, 2020 11:00 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah not much happened plot wise for the whole season...not real story until we see evil monks in the last episode. Ecchi was good, I like some of the characters but they were all tropes. No story was a big negative.

5/10
Dec 12, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
Very enjoyable watch. As for the plot I wasn't really bothered by the lack of it, it's ecchi comedy in the first place.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
These past couple of episodes were a step up on the Buddhism. It would have been nicer to get more of that mixed in throughout. Beyond the dull start, this ended up being a mild bit of amusement. I don't really mind that this wasn't a standard fare of harem as I enjoyed seeing each of the girls get time their screen time without having to revolve around romantic feelings for Ikkou. It also makes the chemistry between him & Chitose feel nicer since it seems like all the other girls are rooting her on instead. Only thing that bothered me was how they seemed to constantly sideline Hinata in the fanservice scenes. I really loathe when ecchi anime make petite girls the butt of the joke and then proceed to focus mostly on (boring) big breasted girls.

I might watch the special later as it looks like they're finally going all of the way with the ecchi, but I can't say I'm even remotely interested in watching the sequel.

5.5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaenaide yo! Episode 9 Discussion

Drgentile777 - Nov 11, 2009

7 by MrGthBauglir »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:14 AM

Poll: » Amaenaide yo! Episode 1 Discussion

skriticos - Jun 25, 2009

21 by aTi »»
Jul 3, 2022 5:37 AM

Poll: » Amaenaide yo! Episode 8 Discussion

Drgentile777 - Nov 10, 2009

10 by Punkero »»
Jun 2, 2022 6:28 PM

Poll: » Amaenaide yo! Episode 5 Discussion

Drgentile777 - Nov 10, 2009

13 by Punkero »»
Jun 2, 2022 9:57 AM

Poll: » Amaenaide yo! Episode 11 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 17, 2010

7 by Shocked »»
Apr 29, 2022 5:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.