Forum Settings
Forums

Has an anime ever mad you so angry you couldn't continue watching it?

New
Nov 10, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
This has happened to me once and it was with "Strike Witches". With the over amount of fan service provided by an mostly underage cast I couldn't stand even getting through the first episode. (I do plan to finish it sometime though...)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 10, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
Not yet
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Nov 10, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2011
Elfen Lied
Not yet
Nov 10, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
"Has an anime ever mad you so angry you couldn't continue watching it?"
Someone sure is mad ;)

OT: I managed to finish a season of Hiiro no Kakera without killing myself and then I tried the second season and I just rage quit after 3 episodes. I wanted to murder the disgusting protagonist.
Nov 10, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
School Days
Not yet
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Apr 2014
This is like your 5th thread today~
And so far no. By the time I get mad at anime, it's basically already over and I finish it.

Jan 2013
Strike Witches was awesome. Hater alert.
Nov 10, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2013
World Trigger.

Seriously this was a new low for me. It was so retarded and stupid, I just quit at half episode 5 and dropped it. Out of anger.
Nov 10, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 2013
one piece

I had to put it on hold before it killed any more brain cells.
Nov 10, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2014
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.

I wouldn't say I got mad, but I did get fed up enough to stop watching anime for about two months.
Nov 10, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2013
no, most of the times i know what i'm getting into

from recent memory, only kaichou wa maid sama had some rage worthy moments
Nov 10, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2014
I swear I fucking hate this guys threads. They usually plague the Casual Discussion, but he's here too.
Nov 10, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2012
Naruto Shippuden
Nov 10, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
Get a life.
Nov 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Okashi_sama said:
Get a life.
NEVER!
Nov 10, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
School Days (finished it anyways but never got so angry over anime lol)
Sora o Kakeru Shoujo (extremely annoying characters made me really angry and had to put it on hold for couple of days).
Nov 10, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
sullynathan said:
I swear I fucking hate this guys threads. They usually plague the Casual Discussion, but he's here too.
now that you mention it, they do have that ""hey, everyone, post your opinion" and then everyone posts nobody replies"-vibe to them, just like casual discussion threads
Nov 10, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2011
RinPriest said:
MM!

The entire show is about how a masochist male gets beaten up over and over by girls and he likes it.

I just couldn't.

At least he liked it, there are shows where they don't and are beaten just for being there.
Nov 10, 2014 12:57 PM
Dec 2013
No. Cartoons can't make me mad.
Nov 10, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
No. Only just too boring. Getting mad may be part of the allure of the anime.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
Nope.
Nov 10, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
Mirai Nikki (it was the manga though)
Nov 10, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2014
Accel World

Only one I don't like is the protag. It was funny and amusing for the first episode but when he starts crying his eyes out cause some one beat him ONCE in his "game" it just went from funny to stupid AND he has these girls going after him? Ridiculous. Atleast on those Harem Animes the protag looks normal/good enough to do the Harem some justice. But this guy here is just.... a pig (literally), For some reason the producers thought it was a good idea to make his ingame character a pig.

He’s 3 feet tall, morbidly obese, and has a propensity to cry more than your 3-year-old nephew. His character design was too exaggerated; you can still be a loser while having the right body proportions you know?
Nov 10, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
MagwitchOo said:
Accel World

Only one I don't like is the protag. It was funny and amusing for the first episode but when he starts crying his eyes out cause some one beat him ONCE in his "game" it just went from funny to stupid AND he has these girls going after him? Ridiculous. Atleast on those Harem Animes the protag looks normal/good enough to do the Harem some justice. But this guy here is just.... a pig (literally), For some reason the producers thought it was a good idea to make his ingame character a pig.

He’s 3 feet tall, morbidly obese, and has a propensity to cry more than your 3-year-old nephew. His character design was too exaggerated; you can still be a loser while having the right body proportions you know?

I just looked it up....
The protagonist looks like a child.....-_0
I'm loving those butterfly wings on the girl, though.
Life isn't worth living if one isn't dreaming. Life isn't worth dreaming if one isn't doing.
Nov 10, 2014 3:18 PM

Dec 2012
Corpse Party-I can't stand to see/hear kids getting tortured

Diabolik Lovers-I have no desire to see a woman be held against her will, tormented and insulted by a buch of douchebags.
KruszerNov 10, 2014 3:34 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 10, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
MagwitchOo said:
Accel World

You can also not have right body proportions and be a loser. In the end, that should be irrelevant.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 10, 2014 3:30 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Basically anything on my dropped list rated 3 or lower.

Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san *H.P. Lovecraft rolls in his grave*
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Nov 10, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
Fairy Tail.. Don't get me wrong its great but i was partially shipping for Natsu and Elza.. nd then Gellal showed up.. :/ T__T
Get lost in the art that is anime/manga... :3
Nov 10, 2014 3:36 PM

Jun 2014
Toarujisuru said:
Basically anything on my dropped list rated 3 or lower.

Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san *H.P. Lovecraft rolls in his grave*

^ Hahahahahahahaha

Found those amusing. Japan anime has a habit of using old stories and flipping them on their head.

Never had an anime make me so mad that I had to leave, but it annoys me whenever there are deaths that didn't have to occur if the main protagonists were smarter.

Ex: Re: Hamatora <-

But that sort of fits alot of anime.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 10, 2014 3:54 PM

Feb 2014
Saint seiya omega. There is no bigger piece of shit in existence than this abomination.
Nov 10, 2014 4:36 PM

May 2010
Nooo, though I guess I was angry a few times, like when seeing worst girl win, or main character being a douche.
Nov 10, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
There are mangas that have angered me. I haven't enough anime, so I can't say the say here.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
Nope. Anime have to tried harder if they are going to make me mad.
Nov 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Nov 2010
I don't drop anime.
Nov 10, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Yep. A lot of times I get so mad it's not even funny.
OreImo, Infinite Stratos 2, Sora no Otoshimono and Toradora will always be top contenders for most frustrating anime ever.
Nov 10, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2014
hitman reborn shouldve been the one i was never so bored watching a anime the only thing that kept me watching were the babies.
Nov 10, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2013
Shakugan no Shana, might pick it up again later though.
Nov 10, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2011
Kuroko No Basket
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
RinPriest said:
mary88 said:
Kuroko No Basket

I am actually interested in your reasons, do tell.

He's probably MLG basketballer and got mad at the unrealistic side of it.
Nov 11, 2014 1:42 AM

Feb 2014
Omfg yes .

Mirai Nikki.

Damn was the Mc a chicken shit. He constantly whine and complain and he kept crying. I put it on hold for months til I decided to finish. Lol.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Nov 11, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2013
Fairy Tail and its shitty animation and art.

I'll stick to the manga tyvm
Nov 11, 2014 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
FroTheKnight said:
Omfg yes .

Mirai Nikki.

Damn was the Mc a chicken shit. He constantly whine and complain and he kept crying. I put it on hold for months til I decided to finish. Lol.
Yea he should just murder everybody in 5 seconds lol that's what I'd do
Nov 11, 2014 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
Red_Keys said:
FroTheKnight said:
Omfg yes .

Mirai Nikki.

which he did then he came back to being a chicken MC, cuz 180 flips.
Nov 11, 2014 3:01 AM

Mar 2014
I dropped Donten Ni Watarau because I was pissed about staggering similarities to Kenshin. I mean I know, "its 11th year meiji what should I expect?" but urgh.
Nov 11, 2014 3:08 AM

Feb 2014
Okashi_sama said:
Red_Keys said:
which he did then he came back to being a chicken MC, cuz 180 flips.

Lol I agree ^^

Eventually he was all depressed. Overall the series was great 'cept for the Mc imo.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Nov 11, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2014
FloatsBoats said:
RinPriest said:

I am actually interested in your reasons, do tell.

That's just a stupid reason. I know those lighting bolts in their eyes are unrealstic but there really is a state of mind in sports where you focus on the game alone and nothing else. This is in fact called "The Zone".
Nov 11, 2014 4:14 AM

Oct 2008
Milk_is_Special said:
FloatsBoats said:

That's just a stupid reason. I know those lighting bolts in their eyes are unrealstic but there really is a state of mind in sports where you focus on the game alone and nothing else. This is in fact called "The Zone".

Having actually done some competitive field track/running in college and did my fair share of basketball matches in high school,"The Zone " and the way it was presented in the absolute joke of a title that Kuroko No Basket is, its just complete bollocks and fabrications.

Sure some professional football/baseball players admit that they have experienced something,more or less, that could maybe be classified as that,where their concentration did increase for a brief amount of time.But as researchers discovered their brain activity actually lowered only to focus on just the activity at hand and is directly proportional to the athletes experience ,physical training,what they described they experienced the symptom and so on....
But again its nothing concrete or proven.And nowhere near something like a on and off switch where you "power up" straight out of DBZ.
amateurNov 11, 2014 4:17 AM
Nov 11, 2014 4:17 AM

Apr 2014
amateur said:
Milk_is_Special said:

Having actually done some competitive field track/running in college and did my fair share of basketball matches in high school,"The Zone " and the way it was presented in the absolute joke of a title that Kuroko No Basket is, its just complete bollocks and fabrications.

Sure some professional football/baseball players admit that they have experienced something,more or less, that could maybe be classified as that,where their concentration did increase for a brief amount of time.But as researchers pointed discovered their brain activity actually lowered only to focus on just the activity at hand ,but its nowhere near something like a on and off switch and is directly proportional to the athletes experience and physical training.
But it still exists. Here is a article from wikipedia about it:

[i]The concept of being in the zone during an athletic performance fits within Csíkszentmihályi's description of the flow experience, and theories and applications of being in the zone and its relationship with athletic competitive advantage are topics studied in the field of sport psychology.

Timothy Gallwey's influential works on the "inner game" of sports such as golf and tennis described the mental coaching and attitudes required to "get in the zone" and fully internalize mastery of the sport.

Roy Palmer suggests that "being in the zone" may also influence movement patterns as better integration of the conscious and subconscious reflex functions improves coordination. Many athletes describe the effortless nature of their performance while achieving personal bests.

Mixed martial arts champion and Karate master Lyoto Machida uses meditation techniques before fights to attain mushin, a concept that, by his description, is in all respects equal to flow.

The Formula One driver Ayrton Senna, who during qualifying for the 1988 Monaco Grand Prix explained: "I was already on pole, and I just kept going. Suddenly I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my team mate with the same car. And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. It was like I was in a tunnel."[i] - Wikipedia.
Nov 11, 2014 4:18 AM

Sep 2014
The third season of Zero no Tsukaima was horrible. Way too repetitive and just plain boring.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Nov 11, 2014 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
Accel World. Just couldn't finish it even though I was just 9 episodes from goal.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

15 by Lhundrup »»
56 seconds ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 49 minutes ago

12 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

108 by Piromysl »»
4 minutes ago

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - 14 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
12 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 9 hours ago

19 by Zimmu »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.