Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2014 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, Tsubaki in a nutshell. Great episode nonetheless since it highlighted more of the two more prominent main characters. I'm not a big fan of Tsubaki but her moments with others are important and shows different sides of her character too.

Relationship wise, we see more of Kaori and Kousei reflecting the recent events. Really nice backgrounds and talk though. Yeah, I think they can get rid of that fear if they try.
Stark700Nov 6, 2014 11:22 AM
Nov 6, 2014 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
Nice episode. Hoping for more relation development between kousei and kaori. Let's just hope kousei friend does not get in the way. Tsubaki back story was interesting and needing that to add more development to her character.
Nov 6, 2014 11:38 AM
Jul 2012
This series is just too perfect.
Nov 6, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
More emphasis on the opposite personalities of Kaori and Kousei this episode with the heavy play on lighting. They are two completely different people, and yet it is Kaori's free spirit that is drawing Kousei in.

Seems like Tsubaki also sees Kousei growing closer to Kaori and its hurting as a result. She clearly feels something for Kousei, and yet her sempai comes back into her life.

So Kousei will be heading back into the world of music. As a rigid by the books compositioner or like a free spirit like Kaori?
Nov 6, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
That's why Japan birth rate is decreasing, kids randomly jump of from bridges.
Good episode, it looks like her passing out wasn't that dramatic.
Nov 6, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
It was too short :| Another great episode 5/5
'I will never forget it, because I am a musician '
Yeah, I know that feeling very well.
rsc-plNov 6, 2014 12:38 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 6, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
Kousei fidgeting and then that backdrop throw!

That was a really wonderful episode. Kousei and Kaori's interacting with each other.

Tsubaki's feelings, how she isn't happy that her senpai confessed to her. How she has clouded eyes... it really is hard to watch sometimes. Kousei and Kaori always smiling at such a radiant level yet from Tsubaki's pov, it hurts her even more.

It was nice to see Kousei giving off such a free smile and finally desiring the piano once again.

Awesome episode!
Nov 6, 2014 12:08 PM
Sep 2009
Another decent episode. One thing I wish the show didn't do is slip into super-deformed designs the way it does during comedic moments. I like the character designs the way they are, and the detail between the two is big enough to get jarring. Besides, it is a technique used far too often in anime, and it is kind of a waste to do it here with such nice character designs.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Nov 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2014
Glad Kaori is better.

Haha, the way Watari scared Kousei like that was too funny.

What a way to describe the look in Tsubaki's eyes
> "Your eyes are cloudy."

Tsubaki and her senpai

Kousei remembering the performance he did together with Kaori.
Looks like he's made a decision.

Jumping off the "Courage Bridge" just like when he was a kid ~

Coming home from school every week to watch each episode is just the biggest highlight of my day.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 6, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2011
"I won't forget, even if I die."
"So I passed out again."

I'm getting worried =/
Nov 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
The ending was great :)
Kousei jumping off the bridge and joining Kaori :)

Nov 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
JUMP JUMP!! was what i was chanting
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 6, 2014 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Still love this show.

I think this episode was very beautiful and sincere.
For me, the highlight of this episode was Kousei's smile... I mean, what a gorgeous smile !
Kousei really needs to have a bit more faith in him, but it's pretty obvious that he's a good guy, an authentic one.

On the other hand, although I was not yet convinced about Kaori, I must admit she's started to grow on me. She can be selfish sometimes, but she's a well-rounded character, very spontaneous and cheerful.

blazehero said:
So Kousei will be heading back into the world of music. As a rigid by the books compositioner or like a free spirit like Kaori?

Neither of them, in my opinion.
Kousei used to play the piano for his mother, and his mother wanted to see Kousei as a "rigid by the books compositioner". That's about it.
But now, Kousei plans to do music for himself, because he begins to feel that he's not a fake, he's a real musician.
As a result, I think Kousei will neither be a cold and rigid performer as he used to be before, nor a "free spirit" like Kaori, because he's not Kaori.

Kousei will start to seek himself through the music, to seek his own music.
removed-userNov 6, 2014 5:04 PM
Nov 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Tsubaki is so sad in the episode

Tsubaki I know you did the right thing for Kousei you are his best friend.
Nov 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder if Kaori is terminally ill? Co'z everything she does looks like it's gonna be her last days being alive.
Nov 6, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2012
Tres_Bandidas said:
I wonder if Kaori is terminally ill? Co'z everything she does looks like it's gonna be her last days being alive.

I think she has the same condition as Kousei's mom. [SPECULATION ONLY]
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 6, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. This was another superb episode. I've been very impressed by A-1 in their directing and handling of this show. They've really brought together all the different manga scenes and given them new life especially during this episode. The interspersing of flashbacks, different angles and little details during those crucial moments really added something that gave more power to those scenes. Bravo so far.

And for the episode itself, it is the continuous journey of Kousei who is becoming slightly less of a pansy. This felt like a slower episode but it seems to have set up huge events are to come. And now we are well on our way to that treasured love triangle. Here. We. Go!

dankzelNov 6, 2014 7:14 PM
Nov 6, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2010
Just too beautiful. The art and animation this ep felt quite different but was amazing nonetheless. I liked it more than usual actually which is saying something since that was already amazing enough.
And the character design just look so good. Kaori esp is so damn pretty <3

Also love the directing in this ep. The way all the characters had monologues of their own in different parts of the ep was really nice.

From the pv...this really will go through a love triangle phase won't it? Tsubaki doesn't seem to care about her crush anymore and she definitely doesn't seem interested in Watari for now. Maybe later but for now I'm seeing a love triangle happening. Kaori and Kousei are already giving OTP vibes though :3

Loved the meeting on the bridge. Kaori slapping him for not bringing her a gift and the way she was asking If he'd do anything was cute :3 Lol'd at those 2 kids XD

Seems she's gonna be getting Kousei to participate in a concur :D Nice. He seems to have agreed. Let's see how he'll get over his problem.

Still wondering how serious Kaori's condition is? This isn't the first time as expected.
Nov 6, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Good stuff. Hopefully this means Kousei has finally broke out of his shell.

Kaori is always seen with little children, haha.

Have a feeling her illness might be terminal, hence her need to make an impression on other people.
Nov 6, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2011
Death flags and feels, feels and death flags...
This is the only time when I'll be a stupid fanboy and score 10 out of 10 for this anime BEFORE I've completed it.
Nov 6, 2014 1:08 PM
Feb 2013
Death flags everywhere.
Could see them going the route where Kaori breaks Kousei's shell, then dies and Kousei would keep playing in memory of her. That'd be one hell of a sad story.
Nov 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Overall a very pleasant episode. It was great to see a little more of Tsubaki and Watari instead of focusing all the time on our two main characters. But still, in particular the last scene with the bridge was awesome, just like the inner monologues of Kousei. They might even be one of my favourite parts of the show.

Oh, and death flags... Death flags everywhere.
Nov 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
I do like this show a lot, its greats in a number of areas. But the comedy really falls flat on its face. Its also too contrasting from the atmosphere the show sets. Anybody else feel this way?
Nov 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
wow? WOW. WOWWWW!
everything about this show is incredible. the characters, the animation, the clever cut scenes, everything! i'm literally blown away. thank you based anime for literally making my day.
Nov 6, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2014
eXtacy67 said:
I do like this show a lot, its greats in a number of areas. But the comedy really falls flat on its face. Its also too contrasting from the atmosphere the show sets. Anybody else feel this way?

I kinda feel the same, it constrast too much and sometimes is timed really poorly but overall it's alright, I'd not mind if the show was 100% serious though, doubt it would hurt it.

This scene was hilarious, 10/10 voice acting right here.
Nov 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
Another great episode!! somehow i feel sorry for Tsubaki
Nov 6, 2014 1:22 PM
Jun 2013
This is what you call a perfect adaption. Hyped for the next episode. That's where
if I recall correctly.
Nov 6, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
RIP little girl, caught in crossfire.
Nov 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
Super super happy they didn't drag out drama with her collapse. Really adorable episode, loving how they're handling everything so far.

I'm worried about the romance with Tsubaki though... I foresee stormy seas!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
So she is originally easy to get lack of blood. He feels guilty for ruining her recital, and everyone trying to cheer him up. Is that a dream or his imagination? She finally called him by his name in there. The manga release and musical have also been announced so far.

Then meeting childhood girl's sempai, who goes to highschool. They seems to have something between them.

Now she told him to participate in the recital. To be free, just like the childhood girl suggested him to at young.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
That. episode. was. beautiful.
Nov 6, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2011
Damn this episode was so beautifully done that I shed a tear.
Nov 6, 2014 1:38 PM
Sep 2013
Another very good episode. I'm wondering Kaouri has something life threatening since she mentioned even If I die. Tsubaki gets some character development but I feel she will just be a supporting friend who later realizes her feelings for Kousei.
Nov 6, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
hantere said:
Another very good episode. I'm wondering Kaouri has something life threatening since she mentioned even If I die. Tsubaki gets some character development but I feel she will just be a supporting friend who later realizes her feelings for Kousei.

>later
Not really, she already likes him, the way I see it she's just uncertain about it because she knows Kousei likes Kaori and probably doesn't want to get in the way and not only that it seems like she's questioning herself as to why she likes him.
Nov 6, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
This show is the most beautifully beautiful show that ever beautifuled and the most perfectly perfect that ever perfected and at the end of the day that's what matters. Story content...it exists, but who cares the show is just that beautiful. Has anyone discussed yet how beautiful the show is and that it has such a pleasant color palette? I feel if one is going to discuss this show it should be pointed out and praised more. It's just like so mind blowing and stuff and clearly the next big step in the evolution of anime. Truly it does not get any better than this masterful mastery of art, music and totally believable characters with their gripping drama that makes them totally feel like people I could meet and identify with in real life. Is there just nothing this show isn't perfect at? I don't think there is, it's just that perfect because it's perfect and beautiful.
PeacingOutNov 6, 2014 1:52 PM
Nov 6, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
This show is the most beautifully beautiful show that ever beautifuled and the most perfectly perfect that ever perfected and at the end of the day that's what matters. Story content...it exists, but who cares the show is just that beautiful. Has anyone discussed yet how beautiful the show is and that it has such a pleasant color palette? I feel if one is going to discuss this show it should be pointed out more.

The sky theme this episode took was glorious, the colours were all over the place and it was fantastic to take in indeed c:
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 6, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2007
Vexper said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
This show is the most beautifully beautiful show that ever beautifuled and the most perfectly perfect that ever perfected and at the end of the day that's what matters. Story content...it exists, but who cares the show is just that beautiful. Has anyone discussed yet how beautiful the show is and that it has such a pleasant color palette? I feel if one is going to discuss this show it should be pointed out more.

The sky theme this episode took was glorious, the colours were all over the place and it was fantastic to take in indeed c:

Oh yeah totally perfect and beautiful. The mastery and the technique is unlike anything that has ever been done in anime before. Just so amazing. A-1 is just the greatest, they never cheap out nor rely on things like color palette to make up for a lack of actual animation and cinematography at any point cause they're just that great. Doesn't get any better than this.....doesn't get any better than this.......

eXtacy67 said:

They're really playing up the slapstick comedy aspect of the adaptation for sure, possibly to fill in a little extra bit of time here and there. A-1 loves them the slapstick comedy when they're trying to do a show they think will make their enterprise look more artistic that's for damn sure.
PeacingOutNov 6, 2014 2:00 PM
Nov 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
Lol ending.
Nov 6, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2010
Is Kaori going to die? So many things seem to point toward it.

1) The hospital visit (where she blatantly lied this wasn't the first time she'd collapsed)
2) The excessively emotional "I won't forget even if I die" line
3) Shigatsu = April = cherry blossom season. Cherry blossoms commonly carry the meaning of evanescence; that is, the briefness and fragility of life
4) Kaori wears a cherry blossom clip in her hair
5) And of course the tons of cherry blossom scenes (though this is common in anime in general)

Oh boy....this is gonna crush Arima if she dies

Edit: And as someone else said, her fixation with being remembered by the people she performs for.

Ohhhhhhhhh boy...
PknoctisNov 6, 2014 2:05 PM
Nov 6, 2014 2:00 PM
Jul 2013
I was like: ''Where are his glasses?''
Then she asked and then I thought good thing I wasn't the only one seeing it...
Nov 6, 2014 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Oh yeah totally perfect and beautiful. The mastery and the technique is unlike anything that has ever been done in anime before. Just so amazing. A-1 is just the greatest, they never cheap out nor rely on things like color palette to make up for a lack of actual animation and cinematography at any point cause they're just that great. Doesn't get any better than this.....doesn't get any better than this.......

Such a troll, lmao.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I think you have too much times on your hands if you keep watching this show you hate so much.
People love Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for what it is, an entertaining show. So what ?
I don't really see the problem here.
removed-userNov 7, 2014 5:33 AM
Nov 6, 2014 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
Pknoctis said:
Is Kaori going to die? So many things seem to point toward it.

1) The hospital visit (where she blatantly lied this wasn't the first time she'd collapsed)
2) The excessively emotional "I won't forget even if I die" line
3) Shigatsu = April = cherry blossom season. Cherry blossoms commonly carry the meaning of evanescence; that is, the briefness and fragility of life
4) Kaori wears a cherry blossom clip in her hair
5) And of course the tons of cherry blossom scenes (though this is common in anime in general)

Oh boy....this is gonna crush Arima if she dies

Edit: And as someone else said, her fixation with being remembered by the people she performs for.

Ohhhhhhhhh boy...
You say that like he'll be the only one being crushed ;_;
Nov 6, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2007
-Skyleo- said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Such a troll, lmao.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I think you have too much on your hands if you keep watching this show you hate so much.
People love Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for what it is, an entertaining show. So what ?
I don't really see the problem here.

Don't hate it, I just find the commentary on it pretty lame since honestly it's a solid enough show but so far from being great. I'm not someone that gets bought off by glitzy looking stylized visuals though if the storyline is just kind of the usual generic genius yet trouble boy meets girl with entirely too much personality and melodrama ensues affair. It's almost like the show is caught halfway between being a shonen manga and a light novel story. It's not exactly like this show is as original or cutting edge as some people like to think and not like it isn't without it's issues like the ever irksome slapstick comedy and the inconsistent animation quality. Not color palette, I'm talking about how the show isn't even really all that well animated half the time and the director is pretty much kind of saving it and finding ways to keep people from noticing what has become evident and he's even spoken about that the show is barely on schedule in terms of it's production and they're in fact playing catch up right now and just barely getting every episode out each week. The animators at A-1 must just be dying more than they already usually are.
PeacingOutNov 6, 2014 2:17 PM
Nov 6, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I still think Kaori is pushing him a little too hard though. I feel weaning him would be better but it seems he is ready to go out and try the competition. Well I can't wait to see how does next time.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 6, 2014 2:17 PM
Apr 2014
Yet another amazing episode!

Loving Kaori so much ; _ ;

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 6, 2014 2:17 PM
Aug 2014
An okay episode. I feel like I should wait till it finish airing and watch all at once cause I am not really getting the "feels".
Nov 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'm gonna build a shrine for A-1.

You're focusing and nitpicking presentation because you obviously have a thing for loathing A-1 Pictures, but they're hardly lowering the quality of the content so far. It may not be unique but the execution is better than most series airing at the moment.

Plenty of decent shots this episode which you seem to have missed because you were no doubt steaming from the ears during it c:
Nov 6, 2014 2:28 PM
Nov 2010
I was totally surprised that Kousei jumped in also. The way they capture Kaori and her spontaneity and the way Kousei can now see things in color and with a new appreciation is amazing. I'm loving this show's execution.
Nov 6, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
I'm a girl in love with a girl. lol

Kaori is such a great character, I'm worried about something. I had a Clannad feeling.
[spoiler]
Kaori's health... omg, she CAN'T DIE.
Please god don't let it happend.

Nagisa's health in clannad wasn't good too, and she dies. But in the case of Shigatsu we don't have an alternative magic world that can change past.
Nov 6, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Don't hate it, I just find the commentary on it pretty lame since honestly it's a solid enough show but so far from being great. I'm not someone that gets bought off by glitzy looking stylized visuals though if the storyline is just kind of the usual generic genius yet trouble boy meets girl with entirely too much personality and melodrama ensues affair. It's almost like the show is caught halfway between being a shonen manga and a light novel story. It's not exactly like this show is as original or cutting edge as some people like to think and not like it isn't without it's issues like the ever irksome slapstick comedy and the inconsistent animation quality. Not color palette, I'm talking about how the show isn't even really all that well animated half the time and the director is pretty much kind of saving it and finding ways to keep people from noticing what has become evident and he's even spoken about that the show is barely on schedule in terms of it's production and they're in fact playing catch up right now and just barely getting every episode out each week. The animators at A-1 must just be dying more than they already usually are.

I see.

I don't think the show is a masterpiece or anything, but for me, it's still very entertaining and it gave me a lot of good vibes I don't find in so many animes. And quite frankly, that is good enough for me.
I like a few of the comedic moment, even if I agree, there are too many of them.
I don't like all the foreshadowing, because it's way too obvious.
And... I guess it's all ?
I appreciate the colors, the stereotypes and the other qualities of this show, I am easily entertained maybe.

Or, your expectations are too high, maybe ?

As regards this episode, I've already shared what I love about it in this thread. These are just some of the reasons why I find this show entertaining, and why I love it :
-Skyleo- said:
Still love this show.

I think this episode was very beautiful and sincere.
For me, the highlight of this episode was Kousei's smile... I mean, what a gorgeous smile !
Kousei really needs to have a bit more faith in him, but it's pretty obvious that he's a good guy, an authentic one.

On the other hand, although I was not yet convinced about Kaori, I must admit she's started to grow on me. She can be selfish sometimes, but she's a well-rounded character, very spontaneous and cheerful.

blazehero said:

Neither of them, in my opinion.
Kousei used to play the piano for his mother, and his mother wanted to see Kousei as a "rigid by the books compositioner". That's about it.
But now, Kousei plans to do music for himself, because he begins to feel that he's not a fake, he's a real musician.
As a result, I think Kousei will neither be a cold and rigid performer as he used to be before, nor a "free spirit" like Kaori, because he's not Kaori.

Kousei will start to seek himself through the music, to seek his own music.
removed-userNov 6, 2014 5:04 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.