Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 19, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
needs are akatsuki
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 19, 2014 1:01 AM

Feb 2013
Takata said:
I'm still a bit confused about the details of raid mechanics.

1. When a player gets killed in a raid, can they re-enter the battle immediately, or do they have to wait for the other players to exit the zone or die? (I'm guessing they're just re-entering without delay in Elder Tale, but I'm not sure. I'm also guessing if all 24 players are dead at the same time, the whole raid gets reset, and they have to kill -all- the bosses again.)

2. Shiroe says raids can take over a month, but how is that possible in the real world? Does the raid not need to be completed in a single play session? ...Or is Shiroe including the time spent figuring out the boss's attack patterns in failed attempts?

Aside: That character at the end appears to be the same one that was polishing the Royal Guard armour in episode 1.

1. no they start at the beginning of the being of the raid. they have to walk back to the team.

2. other people can explain that better then me look at page 4 of this topic
Oct 19, 2014 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
PoisonedTea said:

1. no they start at the beginning of the being of the raid. they have to walk back to the team.

2. other people can explain that better then me look at page 4 of this topic

1. ...okay, so just a walk back. Doesn't sound too bad.

2. Okay... so I guess the 1 month quoted by Shiroe is the time taken to figure out boss attack patterns and explore the area. I'm also guessing they defeated Vendemiaire again if he respawned, without as much trouble as the first time since they figured out an efficient way to defeat him. O.o
Oct 19, 2014 3:24 AM

Aug 2012
Takata said:
2. Okay... so I guess the 1 month quoted by Shiroe is the time taken to figure out boss attack patterns and explore the area. I'm also guessing they defeated Vendemiaire again if he respawned, without as much trouble as the first time since they figured out an efficient way to defeat him. O.o

I don't think the mobs are respawning, since dead players should have to face the respawn without the full raid. And I don't think bosses can just respawn, there should be some kind of reset of the istance before that.
Oct 19, 2014 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
Excellent episode with all the explanations on game mechanics, but seeing them raid like this and the members die and getting revived especially that one guy who kept saying he screwed up, it kinda form a scary thought in perspective just how many times some of them died in this raid not to mention since the Apocalypse begin and how much memory of the real world they have lost.... fifty times? A hundred?

Thinking about it more and about what William said in the last episode, these guys are indeed super hardcore gamers. How many had a troubled real life that they ceded to forgetting in favor of immersion into the ET world ie. game>irl? I also recall that line Crusty said in S1. "You forget what you have forgotten." There's a bit of a somber undertone behind these glorious fighting but interesting stuff nevertheless.
Oct 19, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 2010
Great action with the raids in the first half
Snowfell a poke to Winterfell?
Oct 19, 2014 4:27 AM

Dec 2013
AppoX said:
HAHAHA, YES FINALLY.

Long have I waited, finally an 'MMO' anime with actual MMO mechanics in it!
GLORIOUS, 10/10.

DEEN didn't destroy the dream. They continued it! (though I preferred Satelight's animation and art for everything.....)

^^

lenessia is really bad too
Oct 19, 2014 4:37 AM

Mar 2013
I really like how they explain the mechanics of the game.
Oct 19, 2014 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
Loved all the explanatory stuff during the raid and Shiroe .....keep talking strategy!

Tetra's really funny too...love her and Naotsugu as a team.

William's pretty awesome too and the dude at the end! More action coming up...yaayy!
Oct 19, 2014 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Good ep i guess. I dont seem to enjoy it as much as S1
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 19, 2014 8:05 AM

May 2010

Demi is super-annoying.

Dat "Christmas" and "Santa Claus" was so awesome yet the "Snowfell" was kinda weird, did Rudy always speak like that?

Great episode nonetheless.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
julyanOct 20, 2014 8:02 AM
Oct 19, 2014 11:23 AM
Apr 2012
Decent episode I suppose, action was sub-par but that's always been the case with this series. Those raid bosses looked hella difficult. Demi-Demi beginning to recognize the ultimate OPness that is Shiroe, that'd annoy me two. Still love the idol girl (name eludes me). Hope we get a bit less action next episode.
Oct 19, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
wigglejelly said:
slime is level 90. lol

can't they have a better mob ?

Too much explaining.
Well, it is a classic thing where there is an absurdly high level monster that is just a jelly but can do one-hit kill to a lower level equipment players, so i guess LH put that into this. XD

It really suck if they need to walk again from the re-spawn spot, though. I guess teleport skill really didn't exist on this game, huh. XD

Now the threat comes. Why everyone seems to hate Akatsuki, though. It's true all of her "my lord" talk can be a annoying, but i never think the hate wave will be such strong. Well, next week "probably" her time to get some development.
Oct 19, 2014 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
Seems like that raid is gonna take them awhile, not good since there's some weird fella lurking in Akihabara :o

TragicRomance said:

I'm hoping this isn't a spoiler -_-

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
julyanOct 20, 2014 8:03 AM
Oct 19, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
Nice explanations, that's one of the things i like the most about this show.

Tetra was more tolerable this episode, thank goodness.

Lol Delicious-san sure is pissed!

Akatsuki seems troubled.

Great episode 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 19, 2014 6:22 PM

Mar 2013
xAvengerx said:
Seems like that raid is gonna take them awhile, not good since there's some weird fella lurking in Akihabara :o

I'm hoping this isn't a spoiler -_-

It is, albeit a minor one.
Oct 19, 2014 9:31 PM

Oct 2011
Dat RAID OMFG.

Wishing to go back to one of MMO's clear a raid dungeion someday.

Santa Clause is the spy : 0
Oct 19, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
That was a Hard Raid :o
but slowly they making progress

nice episode :D
looks like the next episode kinda gloomy

Oct 20, 2014 1:14 AM
Feb 2014
All the love. AWESOME
I spent my time here nowadays: [url=forums.spacebattles.com]Spacebattles Forums[/url]

Its been a while since I came to MAL. Ignore my old posts please, they were dumb.
Oct 20, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2013
Those raid scenes were exciting. They were already fighting for like a month jeez.

Demicas has to calm down for real. How you going to get mad at being buffed?

I thought the white haired dude at the end would be a spy from the south but he's actually one of the People from the Land. Interesting.
Oct 20, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Wow! That the TV series has placed the arrow and is preparing, albeit slightly, to overtake the previous season?
This is my impression.
Narration that begins to like it, perhaps because it resembles to a certain qualmodo that seen in the first season, all of nature is a lot of information about the world of RPG!
The drawings are unfortunately ugly, animations on the sufficiency.
I look forward to the next episode to be denied.
Oct 20, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2010
Holy mother of in-game mechanics. That's like the dream of every MMORPG players. How awesome it is if you can actually do a raid like that in a game? Where you actually spend that much time and teamwork @_@...

William have a pretty badass bow. Also I hope Akatsuki gets that Teaching
Oct 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Jun 2014
shirozuki said:
Good ep i guess. I dont seem to enjoy it as much as S1

It might be because you watched the first season in a row and this one weekly? I dont know for you but that what happened to me so it take out a little bit of enjoyment but its still really enjoyable for me.
Oct 20, 2014 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
Really good episode, I liked the full raid explanation. Looks like Demi Demi has anger issues. And looks like a new villain has shown up.
Oct 20, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
This episode made me miss raiding so much... I suppose I'll end up doing it again someday!
Oct 21, 2014 2:41 AM

May 2013
Imagine being in a raid for weeks on end. Raids can get pretty intense.
Oct 21, 2014 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was a masterpiece,a true raid.
It reminded me of my WoW days.
Oct 21, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2013
Nice detailed raid talk.
Want more mysterious of the game revealed this season.
Oct 22, 2014 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
I participated to a few raid, but I was always confused with all the action that is going. It's hard sometime to keep your role because it can be lame or whatever.

Chrismas is coming, and from the last scene of the episode, it look like Santa has lost his way... :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 23, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
PaleBlue said:
This episode made me miss raiding so much... I suppose I'll end up doing it again someday!
Haha me 2.

Oct 24, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
Well for those who said that the first season lacked Action, they certainley got their wish in this episode and in the next few episodes wll get more for sure.

The action was very boring. Even few seconds of death gun vs Kirito feels 10x better and more intense that this childish fight. The gap in enjoyment is unbelievably massive between the two.

LH fights = Stupid characters against some random monsters, and it there too much explanations during the fights. The fight does not give me the same feeling as fights in other anime.

SAO fights = More intense, more dramatic and more serious with better animation and visuals. Death Gun feels like a real villian, his voice sound like a real villian. Much better that these random monsters.

Not just SAOII, but most of anime that I watched in this season have much more intense fights that this. Akame Ga Kill episode 16 fight for example was like thousand times better than anything in Log Horison. Thats how a real action is supposed to be.
Oct 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
thepath said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
Well for those who said that the first season lacked Action, they certainley got their wish in this episode and in the next few episodes wll get more for sure.

The action was very boring. Even few seconds of death gun vs Kirito feels 10x better and more intense that this childish fight. The gap in enjoyment is unbelievably massive between the two.

LH fights = Stupid characters against some random monsters, and it there too much explanations during the fights. The fight does not give me the same feeling as fights in other anime.

SAO fights = More intense, more dramatic and more serious with better animation and visuals. Death Gun feels like a real villian, his voice sound like a real villian. Much better that these random monsters.

Not just SAOII, but most of anime that I watched in this season have much more intense fights that this. Akame Ga Kill episode 16 fight for example was like thousand times better than anything in Log Horison. Thats how a real action is supposed to be.

For the Nth time. If you're watching this show for the action or for the fights, you're watching the wrong show.
Oct 25, 2014 9:27 PM

Feb 2013
I thought their raid strategy was pretty bad. If you put all the tanks in one party, it makes it harder for them to be healed (party heals ftw, plus easier targeting). As a healer, if you aren't in my party, you aren't getting healed.

"Hey, you're using me as a shield, aren't you?"
"You use me for heals, and I'll use you as a shield!"
... spoken like a true healer.
Oct 27, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2013
I rrly loved this episode, fight, tactics and wipes(maybe cuz i play wow)
Oct 27, 2014 9:42 PM

May 2009
Demikas is hilarious. xD

Aaah thanks to the people whispering about hints about Tetora now I have suspicions. . . thank goodness I didnt read spoilers though. AAAAAAAAGH. Now I have to look out for them everywhere?!
Oct 27, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2012
3 episodes into the second season, I'm quite confused if the animators changed? Like the art style seems to me to be different compared to the first season. This is obvious in the shape of Naotsugu, Marielle, Lenessia and Shiroe's faces.

I liked the style of before, can anyone tell me if they indeed changed?
Oct 28, 2014 7:06 AM

Sep 2013
Oct 28, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
thenwhowasphone said:
3 episodes into the second season, I'm quite confused if the animators changed? Like the art style seems to me to be different compared to the first season. This is obvious in the shape of Naotsugu, Marielle, Lenessia and Shiroe's faces.

I liked the style of before, can anyone tell me if they indeed changed?

Yes. The studio changed. Satelight produced the first season, and Studio Deen is doing this season.
Oct 31, 2014 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
That raid was amazing! Really loving the MMO 'realism' in this.
Nov 2, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2009
accurate explanation of what a raid actually is. nice job log horizon. one of the things that are way better about this show is how well the mmo mechanics are portrayed. shitting ALL OVER sao.
Nov 9, 2014 7:06 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Tetra and her Aurora Heal xD

I'm surprised that Demi guy hasn't quit the raid. I mean after all those repeated defeats to the bosses.

Nov 29, 2014 3:22 AM

May 2013
So they faced Vendemiaire of the First Prison and El Raida of the Fifth Prison so far.
They only have around three weeks left or so because of supply problems.
Despite that, Demikas is still pissed off because of Shiroe.
Lol, Akatsuki's curse.

Meanwhile in Akihabara, Santa Claus is coming to town.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 19, 2014 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
How did Tetra stick to Naotsugu's back like that LOL

More Akatsuki in the next episode :)
Mar 4, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
Tetra LOL what is she a monkey ??
Raid time hohoho let's get some action.
Mar 11, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
This is actually quite enjoyable for the time being. Less Akatsuki is never bad and same goes for less festivals.
Apr 6, 2015 7:53 AM

May 2012
Solid development, I like where this is going!
Oct 4, 2015 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
Who was that creep at the end? One of the Southern people? Anyway I remembered that the npcs are called the "people of the land" so these southern people must be another group of players. Anyway full raids sound ridiculous lol! 1 month to finish? damn.
Nov 15, 2015 5:24 AM

Oct 2010
The raid was glorious, especially the fact that they couldn't win against the boss on their first try. Shirou's explanations and bad animation was my only thumbs down for this episode. It kinda breaks the flow of the battle, but I'm satisfied with it regardless. If anything this anime needed more good action and it was nice to see here everyone giving their all and being useful.

Lol that Chef character saying that Deluxe guy is probably angry cuz' he got extra veggies in his meal.
Mar 13, 2016 6:30 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know what some players were thinking when they created their characters.
I mean, they were like, thinking it would be cool to create a fat giant cat who talks funny,
or a fat beethoven, or a small fat viking with big eyes... what's wrong with them? jajajaja

Btw, I still don't like the pink haired girl...

I don't know how Rudy manages to have new fancy clothes every episode and those magic
attack enhancer things in his arms all the time jaja.

The fighting was good, a lot of explanations. That's good because I haven't played a MMORPG
in my entire life, so everything is new =)

Demikas is going in rampage jaja

PD: How cool that the flashbacks are with the original animation jaja. Shiroe's eyes look... well..
Deen-ed.
Nov 29, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2013
Finally got the chance to catch up to old animes after my exams >.>

I wonder who that guy in the end was, because from the way I see it, this episode tried to bring forth the new items/people/objects/stuff that was not predisposed during before the...conversion of the game, I forgot what it's called again. But yeah, action packed too.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.