Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
Showing that this carefree violinist girl she's having fun playing violin even though it's a competition "Konkuuru"), and getting audiences' hearts. As pre-professional pianist, his judgements are as the professional judges. He thinks that her performance is random, but making it her own. He is also afraid of telling the truth when she asked the opinion.

He thinks about her, who showed up, after that but she thinks about that another boy, who has other girls. He's afraid of telling the truth again, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 16, 2014 2:41 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Animation is top notch, they really got this done! Not a fan of classical music, but Kaori's version really got to me, amazing. I like where this is going since the romance part was also well executed until now.
Oct 16, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
well i guess the point of this anime, so far, is the true love and stuff... however, kaori doesn't seem to be that smart, regarding the love subject. imean... she's dating watari (at least she wants), not just a guy she just met, but also a pretty shallow guy
Oct 16, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
This will be a great series, i'm sure of it!

how did the performance played by Kaori is absolutely great, i'm not sure i could wait for it next week because i don't have patience for good series like this!

110/100 for this episode, hope it will always be better in the next episode!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Oct 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Dec 2013
"She was beautiful."

This episode represented Kaori's exquisite and personal style she brings to the stage. Her music, that she wanted to reach the audience, is full of colour.

I personally have played both the Piano and the Violin for many years, after listening to the two comparisons and looking at them through the same eyes Kousei did, there was a stunning difference. Not only through the sound but through the feelings they were able to express during their performance. The first one focused too much on getting everything right and perfect. He aimed for a perfect copy while Kaori brought her own piece, it was like she owned it.

This anime is wonderful and the opening is beyond addicted I'm already in love with all the characters except maybe Watari, he's ok~

I cannot wait to see Kaori's expression when she hear's Kousei's music, his feelings through his song on the piano. I just can't wait to see it. It will be amazing. I think that this anime is my #1 for this season followed closely by Akatsuki no Yona and Pyscho-Pass 2.

5/5 for this episode since I cannot rate it higher. I love it. Kaori is beautiful.
kingsheep812Oct 16, 2014 2:56 PM
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2012
Kaori's outfit & performance were beautiful.
Oct 16, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah, that was amazing. Loved it. As a piano player who loves virtuoso solo performances, this was a real treat ^^
Oct 16, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
I can't stop rewatching the freaking opening. Why so good?

Oct 16, 2014 2:59 PM
Jun 2012
This is the first time I'm glad that SAO is so popular in Japan - otherwise we probably wouldn't have seen this amount of quality in the animation, unless I miss an major anime A-1 did that selled just as good.

This is definitly high up there for AOTS - for me it will be this, Bahamut or UBW ... depending on how those shows will play out in the end.
Oct 16, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
The animation in here can never cease to amaze me. After the still scenes during the violin performance, I was disappointed, but when Kaori came on, I was completely blown away. The movements were amazing, and I felt like I was there watching her!

It stinks that the head judge wasn't pleased. Very reminiscent of my sister's orchestra group- they played extremely well, but got low scores because their music choices were "modern." Ah, such is the life of musicians, I guess!
Oct 16, 2014 3:17 PM
Jun 2013
I bet the third episode will cover up to...
Oct 16, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
I'm in love with this show <3
Oct 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
She seems like a smart girl. Pretty sure she took the hint that Watari was playing around with some other girl.
Oct 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2013
Lovely episode. Kaori is just like Nodame, she does her own thing rather than play the piece as it was intended. Arima can spot errors in music just by listening too, like Chiaki. Wayyy too many similarities :D Not that I mind I guess. If people are enjoying what they've seen of this so far, I'd definitely recommend hitting up Nodame Cantabile.

So glad this series has 22 episodes, I hope the characters go far! :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 16, 2014 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
Kaori's performance was beautiful.
Oct 16, 2014 4:01 PM

Dec 2011
That is just beautiful. Also, Kaori is the direct polar opposite of Arima, who is playing on the score. Can't wait for the next development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2014 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
Watari youre digging your own grave!! Please end up with blondie, leave keiko out. I dont want friend a to leave his childhood friend alone.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 16, 2014 4:36 PM
Sep 2014
Truly an amazing show. Looking forward to the next 20 episodes. It should be a fun ride.
Oct 16, 2014 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
Ah, Kaori is really pretty! She reminds me a little of Chitoge from Nisekoi.

The animation during the performance was amazing! They really went the extra step and made sure that all the bowing and playing techniques were animated the way they'd be played in real life. Almost every time I've seen instruments being played in anime, they kind of arbitrarily move their fingers or arms so that the viewer can kind of acknowledge that the music is supposed to be coming from the person playing, even if the movements make no sense.

The only thing I'm still a little iffy about is how Kaori feels about Arima. She seems to switch from disliking to kind of liking to being indifferent about him pretty often. Other than that, this show still excites me and I may pick up the manga when it finishes.
Oct 16, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
This is exceeding my high expectations. Please maintain this level of amazingness.

And yes, performing your own intepretation like that would completely jeophardize your entry into the competition, and cause the composer to turn over in his grave. It always has to be by the score :( Of course at a concert, like mentioned, that would be a different matter.
Oct 16, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I got no words a truly great ep. Music was great and everything flowed well. This is already going to be my AOTS for me.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 16, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2009
This anime has potential. I will look forward to watching it all with anticipation!
Oct 16, 2014 4:49 PM
Jun 2014
ahh the music was great. i also love the music that comes along when we begin getting hints of kousei's past. i love that little tidbit. great episode cant wait for more.
Oct 16, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
It was a shame that the other performers's performance didn't get animated.
Kaori looks really good with her dress! That was quite the performance with the style.
The accompanist with that look ^^

Kaori not caring about the results and made it past the prelim too!
Kousei's way to describe Kaori's performance! Also on his feelings towards Kaori, just feels really nice for some reason.
Being the substitute for Ryouta xD The background art was beautiful.
Oct 16, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
God I love this anime.

The music in this was absolutely incredible and I'm not even going to comment on the animation as it's praise has been done to death.

What I ESPECIALLY love about this is that for once in an extremely long time I find myself unable to side with either heroine in a romance anime.

I really like both a lot which I thought would be impossible to do as I usually end up siding with one [and that one usually never wins :( ] BUT THIS TIME I'M NOT AND THAT'S SUCH A RELIEF. (For now of course) I just want everyone to be happy in the end Please no bullshit where someone dies PLEASE :((

Man, I just can't get over this, this episode was so great. After I watched it I got out my guitar, dusted it off and started playing for the first time in months.

This episode reminded me how much I like to play music and I can't thank it enough for that :)
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 16, 2014 5:35 PM
Jun 2014
feels good to watch a great episode from the best anime of the season
Oct 16, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, Amazing animation during her performance.
Can't wait till they play together
Oct 16, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2011
I really loved the Violin performance and hope we will get more of that later on in the anime. Minor animation weakness here and there but overall a really really good episode. 5/5
"Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist." -ΛΔ

"Without love, it cannot be seen."

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. Thats is the secret of life." -Rider (Fate/Zero)

Oct 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2013
"It's only natural for the girl you're crushing on to be in love with someone else."

Aha...does that mean what I think it means, Watari? He pretty much told Kousei he's cool with him crushing on Kaori so it seems he sees her as just another cute girl who's into him.

*enter Tsubaki*

The pretty boy talked about unrequited love. Ah...now I know where this is going.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 16, 2014 6:46 PM
Jan 2014
This is so awesome to the point that i have to watch the episode several times before I'm willing to move on to the other anime that's airing today.
Oct 16, 2014 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
dam good episode, again

the complexity of the phaggytime is picking up
Oct 16, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
omg, that ending. i want more!
this probably is/or will be one of the best romance anime of this year if it remains consistent and entertaining to watch like this
Oct 16, 2014 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
As a classic music lover, gotta say im enjoying this aniem sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, im glad i pcked it up !:3
Oct 16, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
I loved the music, art and animation in this one. A-1 is really showing their stuff off here. The whole concert scene definitely brought the inner musician within me out. However, the "she'd never like someone like me" middle school romance drama was not as interesting for me. Hopefully, this show continues to focus more on the amazing classical music and Kousei's development vs the love triangle/polygon that I see coming from a mile away. I need to see/hear Kousei and Kaori play a duet ASAP.
Oct 16, 2014 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
The only thing I found bad is the clear decline on animation quality and art detail in some scenes
A-1 slacking as usual, sigh..
Aside that, no problem. Love the music and performance
TriZenOct 16, 2014 8:35 PM
Oct 16, 2014 8:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really liking the serious atmosphere parts. I also like hearing Kousei narrate his inner thoughts. I enjoyed this episode overall, though I have to agree with some people here that the comedy is okay. And also it seems like there was a part where they weren't done animating or something. Like that one scene (Watari and Kousei talking in the piano room) where we see the same frame twice at different times. But understandable since all the other scenes were beautifully done. Looking forward to seeing how Kousei and Kaori's relationship will develop!
Oct 16, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2011
pakoko said:
Tried to look up Kreutzer on Youtube to compare Kao's rendition of the piece to how it's normally played, and found that her performance in the anime matched that of this one:

Pretty well done in terms of animating the hand movements and choosing the right rendition to represent Kao-chan as a musician and character. Great episode.

I had a feeling it was Mutter's recording, as she often strays from the "standard" when playing these types of pieces.

It kind of annoyed me how they didn't animate the other performers, but I'm sure it was to save budget. Also, that scene with Arima and Watari talking in the music classroom was kind of an art fail, so hopefully it'll improve in the BDs.

If this show continues to be as good as the first two episodes, then it's probably going to end up being my favorite of the season and possibly earn a place in my top 5. This anime brings me back to my piano and violin competition days~~
Oct 16, 2014 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
Stunning absolutely stunning. This imo could be the anime of the season tied with parasyte and Bahamut.
Great to see motion and sounds from this epic anime
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Oct 16, 2014 8:55 PM

Feb 2014
Adair said:
It kind of annoyed me how they didn't animate the other performers, but I'm sure it was to save budget.

I think it is a trick to make us more conscious about Kaori's performance (which was pretty lively, but not genuinely fantastic) and dismiss what the others played. I mean, they even cut the introduction just to ensure we wouldn't pay enough attention to it.
Oct 16, 2014 9:02 PM

Dec 2012
friend a. he's going deep in the friendzone now, that made me died a little inside. loved the performance. their early relationship kinda reminds me of golden time's

Oct 16, 2014 9:10 PM

Sep 2011
She actually managed to pass the preliminaries, wow. Audience choice op! That was a pretty nice presentation though, with good animation. Even made Friend A fall in love with her. I wonder if him being chosen as the sub is good or not.

Seems like this is that one anime that I'll be looking forward to the next episode during the whole week. I usually leave those to watch at one go after it's over, but no problem. In other words, I'm loving it.

Also for some reason I get the slight feeling I'm being trolled... Dunno, it's probably me being dumb, but...
Oct 16, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2012
Damn!! can't get enough of it ...i wish it was one of those series i picked up after a year of its completion ....I want to watch all the 22 episodes non stop.
Oct 16, 2014 9:30 PM

Dec 2013
Dem feels.
Oct 16, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2012
I've never liked violin, even when I had to have someone accompany me with one and vice-versa. However, Kaori's performance was gorgeous. (I'm a bit of a nerd for classical music). I've listened to it 5 times already, and I'm not gonna stop.
The mentioning of the past gives me hope that this show won't end up going nowhere, and I'm getting more and more hyped with each episode. Hopefully we'll see "Friend A" (I don't know his name yet, and I'm too lazy to check, so bear with me here) play piano soon.
Oct 16, 2014 9:48 PM

Oct 2007
Man I wish I could be completely blown away as most people seem to get over shows like this claiming they watch scenes and episodes x number of times in a row etc. Frankly nothing is ever that exciting to me that I'd ever consider doing that, not even my most favorite series. I mean it's not like I haven't found it sort of kind of interesting, but I'd be lying if I said I'm even remotely close to having my socks blown off by it. I don't know I just don't seem to have those sorts of intense religious experience level type reactions to anime that most people seem to have almost by the hour these days. Lucky for other people I guess if that's really how they feel about this sort of stuff, must be better than sex I'd imagine. :/

Cedronia said:
The only thing I found bad is the clear decline on animation quality and art detail in some scenes

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Usually you get at least a couple episodes with an A-1 show before the art quality starts to sag noticeably so I really can't say that bodes well for later.
PeacingOutOct 16, 2014 9:51 PM
Oct 16, 2014 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
The violin seems like an easy instrument to stereotype. This makes one of a few pieces I've heard that I really loved.

Apart from the music itself, the competition scene was executed superbly. It served as an excellent introduction to Kaori while developing a great deal more of Kousei's character. The contrast in why they play(ed) music is nice, but the interesting part is his almost poetic dramatization of everything. It fits the role of the depressed introvert very well. His hesitance to state his opinion and attention to detail also fits. A self-insert protagonist he is not.

The comedy was as bad in this episode as it was in the last one. I wish they would cut that out.

The production values seemed lower than most people are acting, too. There were a lot of stills in the beginning; the art was pretty bad at the end of the episode; there were a lot of frames during Kaori's performance, yet it seemed a bit choppy at times too... It's confusing to me to see everyone praising the animation.

Overall the episode was good.
Oct 16, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2014
Kaori goes against Arima's discipline, and their conflict in ideologies make for an interesting dynamic. The attention to detail during Kaori's turn was nice; her movements and the way the flustered accompanist struggled to keep with the her unconventional performance.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 16, 2014 10:49 PM
Oct 2012
god tier epi , can't wait for next epi
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Oct 16, 2014 11:00 PM

Jan 2011
Cedronia said:

i know right when they were in the class room they stood out so much

other than those bits everything else is pretty great
Oct 16, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
It was good but.. holy shit did A-1 take many shortcuts with the art. They didn't even bother to draw faces for most of the background characters.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.