Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2014 2:08 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Big thanks to koleare, Naru, Nefarious, Numi, Snaxia, and _Ghost_ for helping out this week.

You can find more details and an overview of all results in the club's official FAL Fall 2014 thread.

Points Criteria
Please see the Rules thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion posts ARE counted this week
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Week 2 Anime Points:

Total Weekly Points Rankings:

Total Overall Points Rankings:

Highest Unique Team Score:

Ace users:

Team Rankings:

Errors:

FAL banners:
Get your own FAL banner here!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2014 2:18 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Oh, hello rank 23rd~
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 12, 2014 2:22 PM

Apr 2012
My last message to change ace 1 minute after i sent the wrong one didnt count? Coulve been 5th instead :<
Oct 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Rank 206. Still not great, but it's a heck of a lot better than 270.

Hmm. Some of the other series are doing better than I expected them to. It's too bad I didn't realize sequels get such low watching numbers; my bench is pretty useless at this point.

Edit: Typo.
TripleSRankOct 12, 2014 2:34 PM
Oct 12, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
Only person to successfully ace an anime not in this week's top 3. Edit: oops someone aced terra formars. Mine was still the lowest though. Like that's some sort of achievement.

And down 236 rankings. Yay.
kuuderes_shadowOct 12, 2014 2:35 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Jul 2007
Goodbye top 20 T-T

Mar 2010
Well #150 now... and sigh... was too late for ace... I'll get it next week i guess.
Oct 12, 2014 2:27 PM
Sep 2014
Rank 136. I shouldn't have aced Grisaia. I had Kiseijuu on my bench, but I don't think you can ace benched anime right?
Oct 12, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
Ginko9787 said:
Rank 136. I shouldn't have aced Grisaia. I had Kiseijuu on my bench, but I don't think you can ace benched anime right?

No, sorry. You could've aced it after you swapped it in though.
Oct 12, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2011
Ginko9787 said:

Not unless you also switch them into your team.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 12, 2014 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
+188 jump :3 not bad. If only I didn't screw up my Ace D:
Oct 12, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2012
Luna, sent you a PM about my ace change. Is it not allowed to change ace 1 minute after you sent the first one? Because I made the wrong copy/paste in the message and realized it when i read it again :P. I also dont see it in the errors section if that is the case.
Oct 12, 2014 2:34 PM

Jun 2010
Jesus Christ. I'm confused as fuck.
Can someone explain how discussion post points are counted?
'cause I thought (example) Amaburi would be the sum of both ep.1 and ep.2 (446), on the overview it says (447) so far so good, but Grisaia, Terra Formars and many other shows a random number of posts (eg: Grisaia is 599). How?

btw
Oct 12, 2014 2:37 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
xbobx said:
'cause I thought (example) Amaburi would be the sum of both ep.1 and ep.2 (446), on the overview it says (447) so far so good, but Grisaia, Terra Formars and many other shows a random number of posts (eg: Grisaia is 599). How?

Terra Formars has a lot of discussion posts that were timestamped from before the the FAL season began. Those do not earn players any points.

Edit: Now that I've dug up the threads: the first 269 posts in Terra Formars episode 1 discussion thread are the ones I was referring to.

TF ep1: 331 - 269 = 62
TF ep2: 226
TF ep3: 148
--------------
436 discussion posts
NumiOct 12, 2014 2:49 PM
Oct 12, 2014 2:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Daym, way to go, fellow staff members!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 12, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2011
@xbobx: It's the number of episode discussion points within the past two weeks multiplied by 25.

Grisaia has two episode discussions. The first has 500+ posts; the second has 100+ posts. I don't see the problem.
Oct 12, 2014 2:38 PM

Jun 2010
lol wut....-190....orz
Oct 12, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2011
xbobx said:

It's the number of new posts that are made between 19:00 on 28th September and 19:00 on 12th October. Posts that are deleted by mods/the poster by the time of the update are not included.
Oct 12, 2014 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
Awyeah. Time to try for top 10 now. Terra Formars will be going out the window next week :3.
Oct 12, 2014 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
318----->162
Well still not in top 100 yet, but next week will be my comeback for sure
Oct 12, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2011
Funny How I'm already in the 280th place
Too many shows, too many games to play...
Yet I got lesser time.

It's a crazy world of gamer/watcher.
Oct 12, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
xbobx said:

I don't see the problem, Grisaia ended the week with 599 posts, people made posts after those that's why it won't be the exact same if you look now. But Amagi does have 1 extra point, unless someone delete their post after it got counted (right now there's 303 comments in episode 1 and 143 in episode 2, while here it says 447).

And maybe I benched World Trigger for Shigatsu a bit too soon but honestly, the extra points are very few and I get to swap earlier this way, god damn World Trigger though, last week I picked Grisaia for ace and WT ended up getting more points and now I'm probably benching it until the end too, can't always be lucky I guess.
Oct 12, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2010
I already hate you, Ookami Shoujo. I knew you would suck and disappoint me but I couldn't say no to those 9k PTW numbers because I'm WEAK :(. And it's not even bad enough that people want to talk about it, just kinda meh :/.

And to make things worse not only do tons of mid-tier shows (mainly the Trigger one being relevant) beat me, but also Garo getting double points as well as Motomete. With NeoAnkara managing to have both of them as well as the top 3 on his team, he's set for a super impressive start. My onle chance at redemption are Shigatsu and nanatsu who hopefully will out-score those other shows (except for Amagi and Parasyte) in the second half of the season. The only thing I'm certain about is that I'd rather have the Trigger anime on my team instead of Ookami Shoujo.

So yeah, while +57 and 11th for the week sounds good, it doesn't actually mean anything since Terra Formars is a dead weight from now on unless the uncensored version soon to come changes everything (which I doubt). So unless some of my other 3 shows can make it into the top 5 (aside from Grisaia/AmaBuri/Parasyte that is) it's going to go downhill from here on. I'm pretty sure Ookami Shoujo is already peaking, but the other two might have more room for growth and the question is just which of them is the better choice for weeks 3,4 & 5. Since Nanatsu has no simulcasts announced the signs point to Shigatsu for now and hoping that Nanatsu gets more hype until week 6 when I will be able to swap out Ookami Shoujo for Nanatsu (unless it's still behind at that point, but I doubt that).

tl;dr everything pretty much as expected, I'm just scared NeoAnkara might get too far ahead with his two doublepointers, which is not something I thought I'd see this season.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2014 2:52 PM

Jun 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
It's the number of new posts that are made between 19:00 on 28th September and 19:00 on 12th October. Posts that are deleted by mods/the poster by the time of the update are not included.

uhm, I see.
So it's the total amount of forum posts from the 1st day till the current deadline?
I thought it was only the current week discussion threads, then Amaburi would have twice while Grisaia would only score with the Ep.2.
Maybe it's worth including on the FAQ/Rules, in case someone makes the same mistake. If it's already there, nevermind.

@Off-topic:
And here I thought Amagi was a safe ace. Huh. At least I only lost ~50 positions with it. Crude world.
Oct 12, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
And to make things worse not only do tons of mid-tier shows (mainly the Trigger one being relevant) beat me, but also Garo getting double points as well as Motomete...

Motomete didn't get double points. There are 16 players with it active currently.

xbobx said:
So it's the total amount of forum posts from the 1st day till the current deadline?

No, it's from the last discussion post count to the next one. Since this is the first time discussion posts gave points, it's from the beginning of the competition until now. The next time discussion posts are counted, the ones already present won't give additional points.

So all new episode discussion posts from 19:00 12th October to 19:00 26th October will count for points next time.
TripleSRankOct 12, 2014 3:04 PM
Oct 12, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2014
Alright, sweet. Moved up 100 places. I dont how great I'll finish though seeing as my bench is really weak. I made a mistake assuming Gundam popularity transferred to MAL. I know Vanadis probably won't keep this up but I wish I had gone with my heart and put it on my team. Picking the stuff you like is always more fun.
Oct 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2013
Snaxia said:
Congrats to Jhoanais :P

feels so good to be tied with so many people!

Thank you!!! Now for another nerve wracking week D:
155---->10 that jump is incredible ! <3

Nefarious, do you regret making me play? >=)
Oct 12, 2014 3:24 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
[+175] to pos [#185] ..I can deal with that.
Why I didn't pick Terra Formars is beyond me, and to see Madan no Ou to Vanadis score that high was a surprise.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Oct 12, 2014 3:26 PM

Sep 2007
Snow said:
+175
Why I didn't pick Terra Formars is beyond me, and to see Madan no Ou to Vanadis score that high was a surprise.

+125, and I'm thinking exactly the same thing. Why did I have to go for Gundam G-Recon.
Oct 12, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2010
TripleSRank said:
xbobx said:

No, it's from the last discussion post count to the next one. Since this is the first time discussion posts gave points, it's from the beginning of the competition until now. The next time discussion posts are counted, the ones already present won't give additional points.

So all new episode discussion posts from 19:00 12th October to 19:00 26th October will count for points next time.

I see, I see. Thx.
Well THAT should be warned in advance on the rules/FAQ/guide/whatever.
I don't remember seeing it anywhere that the first two weeks were an exception and had this deal with them. As far as I knew, first week didn't count and week 2 was week 2 points, then week 3, 4, 5, etc.
Btw, I couldn't find any information regarding discussion thread's posts, only regular forum posts.
What a bummer. 3k pts and Amaburi's ace wasted :|
Oct 12, 2014 3:47 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
xbobx said:
TripleSRank said:

I see, I see. Thx.
Well THAT should be warned in advance on the rules/FAQ/guide/whatever.
I don't remember seeing it anywhere that the first two weeks were an exception and had this deal with them. As far as I knew, first week didn't count and week 2 was week 2 points, then week 3, 4, 5, etc.
Btw, I couldn't find any information regarding discussion thread's posts, only regular forum posts.
What a bummer. 3k pts and Amaburi's ace wasted :|

That information was available from the start. From the rules:

+25 points for each forum post in the anime's episode discussion threads in the previous two weeks (counted every two weeks using the replies column and the number of threads found on the anime's discussion board).

In addition, episode discussion forum posts that were posted before the FAL season starts will not count.

And from the FAQ:

How are forum posts counted?
The posts in all official episode discussion threads are counted—it does not depend on the episode number or week. If in week 6, for example, 5 episode discussion threads exist, you will get points for all new posts that were made in all 5 threads. "New posts" are only the new posts that were made in the previous two weeks. This way, every post is only counted once. For example, if an anime ends after 12 episodes, you will still get points in week 14 for new posts in all previously made discussion threads.

In short, all new posts in all official episode discussion threads starting from the beginning of the FAL season to the end of the FAL season will be counted at the end of every even-numbered week, in two-week chunks.
Oct 12, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
This is great. I'm 1st and all of my team is in top 5. I get a feeling that I will do better this time.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 12, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
190 (+137) after being in 327, 190 doesn't look bad xD
Hpefully I will make it at least top 100
Oct 12, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
Uh....regarding my invalid bench. I don't get it? I have Cross Ange on my active and switched it for Shigatsu before the deadline. Why didn't this register? I did it before the deadline. (check timeframe mark)

I think there's a mistake..

Anyways, I almost forgot to ace today. I don't think I'll be able to ace a third time in this season though.

Anyways, I'm confident I can end up at least top 30 this season. I tried to gamble with Cross Ange (double pointer?) but didn't work out well. Still, it didn't do that much damage to me. Also, Terra Formars will be uncensored soon (CR will be streaming it) so hopefully more viewers will add it to the list in time by at least week 5 so that I can swap it out for Nanatsu soon.

I regret not picking Madan no Ou to Vanadis this season. Should of known that LN adaptations with that premise would attract viewers. Same with Trinity Seven. Oh well, at this point, Shigatsu should be able to bring in a lot of points with what it has shown so far and possibly a good ranking position as well (and added favorites in the future?).
Stark700Oct 12, 2014 4:24 PM
Oct 12, 2014 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
@Stark

You are not using full title for Cross Ange. It should have been Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo and you just write Cross Ange.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Stark700 said:
Uh....regarding my invalid bench. I don't get it? I haveCross Ange on my active and switched it for Shigatsu before the deadline. Why didn't this register? I did it before the deadline. (check timeframe mark)

Unfortunately the title you listed for one of your series was not complete. You need to use the full title of the series as listed.

It is important that you copy and paste the titles. Swaps are collected automatically and if the titles don't match with the titles listed in our database, your swap request will be invalid.

Aug 2011
Stark700 said:

I guess the correct line is "Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo" as the swaps are taken automatically from the thread, that's why it says invalid on the active team.

welp Top 10 lets see how long this can be held. Hoping for a 3rd ace on Grisaia some time, but this might not happen.
Oct 12, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
Moved up from 94th to 25th. Pretty good week for me. I just hope that Nanatsu will start to get more points soon.
Oct 12, 2014 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
Ah damn it. I just realized it now...

It didn't cost me too many points but that's a silly mistake. Ugh, now I have to wait an extra week to swap out Terra Formars assuming if it can rack up some points. Luckily, Cross Ange beats Shigatsu this week by a slight margin.
Oct 12, 2014 4:47 PM
Mar 2013
Am I the onyl one here with no idea when to swap or whatever? I also see almost everybody with the same aces. How do you even know this stuff? :'D

For example I see people saying how they are going to swap out Terra Formers. Why? Its in first place right? >.<

I just picked the anime that seemed most interesting.. >.>
Still I got the 3 anime that scored highest until now :)

Anyways, I have the feeling I'm doing something wrong. Please help this noob :)
Oct 12, 2014 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
Luckily I've learn from the last two season on not too believe on sequel and there will be at least one LN adaptation on the top 5.
Oct 12, 2014 4:55 PM

Aug 2012
76 (+135) Alecks - 161051

Nice jump for me this week. Tossed World Trigger out the window once Kiseijuu started airing.
Oct 12, 2014 5:27 PM

Jan 2011
Mallewasbeer said:
Am I the onyl one here with no idea when to swap or whatever? I also see almost everybody with the same aces. How do you even know this stuff? :'D

For example I see people saying how they are going to swap out Terra Formers. Why? Its in first place right? >.<

It's because Terra Formars has peaked. It's not getting a lot of new watchers, while the other shows are passing it and have much more potential for growth. Also once the number of drops starts to be subtracted, Terra Formars will suffer huge deductions as its drop/watching ratio is very high. If you look at its rating, which is also a big points getter, you'll also see that it is low compared to each of the other ones. It was the best show to have for the first week, an ok show for this week, but it'll be a dog from now on.

If you look at the Spring Results you'll see that NGNL was in last place week 1, second place week 2, first place week 3, and ended up more than doubling the cumulative point total of the second place finisher at the end. Blade and Soul was in 1st place week 1, Third place week 2, Seventh place week three, and ended up in 14th--far back in the pack

This time around if you don't have both Kiseijuu and Amagi on your team (as well as probably Grisaia) the most you can hope for is the middle of the pack. Shigetsu still has growth potential as this was a short week for it, but the other shows need to bring out a real plot twist or else suddenly be discovered to break out from the rest. That's going to be tough for some of the categories who have a lot of competitors that are diluting the audience for individual shows (fantasy/action/harem I'm looking at you...)

Note that I have readjusted my goals to see just how far I can climb in the middle of the pack...
rodacOct 12, 2014 5:50 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 12, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2010
jhoanais said:
Nefarious, do you regret making me play? >=)

Nope~ doesn't mean I don't hate you so much right now :P

It's funny how some people are so bad at this that they can't even get last place when they're aiming for it.
Oct 12, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
TripleSRank said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
And to make things worse not only do tons of mid-tier shows (mainly the Trigger one being relevant) beat me, but also Garo getting double points as well as Motomete...

Motomete didn't get double points. There are 16 players with it active currently.

My fault, I was thinking of Shirobako. Makes NeoAnkara's team a little bit less scary, but it still might get double points at some time so that option is nice to have.

Mallewasbeer said:

Well, you can look up which week counts which points and all the data is available when you look at the stats page of the anime so there's a lot of stuff to work with when you make predictions/calculations. Terra Formars has a bad score, not many favorites, a lot of dropped and the number of viewers is stalling as well. It only scored comparatively good so far because all those things haven't been scored yet and because it aired early and had 2.5 episode discussion threads count this week, while a lot of series only had 1 episode discussion so far. But even then the posts/episode discussion thread is lower than for a lot of other shows.

Next week only total viewers and the score count, Terra Formars isn't even in the top 10 in terms of viewers and among the worst of the season in terms of score so it's not gonna be good at all next week.

It all may sound complicated, but if you read the rules and how points are counted and the schedule of when which points are counted, anyone should be able to do the math for Aces. Swaps are additionally difficult because you can only swap once every 3 weeks so how you time them has to do with predicting how things will be for the next 3 weeks, but if you lost look at it individually it's also just simple math of calculating which shows will generate more points this week.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
ehh i was hoping amagi would pass ace :( -4 this week
Oct 12, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
TripleSRank said:

My fault, I was thinking of Shirobako. Makes NeoAnkara's team a little bit less scary, but it still might get double points at some time so that option is nice to have.
My only worry right now is Terra Formars. Hopefully with it going to air uncensored thing will get to improve. If not I'll change it on week 5th with Inou Battle or Motomete if it get double point.
Oct 12, 2014 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
Was really worried about starting with Shirobako instead of Shigatsu(and kiseijuu) in my active team( no idea what I was thinking), but seems like it will be fine for now.

Now we just gotta hope for Terra formars and Grisaia to do worse (which seems likely), and double points to keep coming in :)
Oct 12, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2008
proxyprof's fail game is just too strong.
Oct 12, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2012
aw yes, rank 33! thanks kiseijuu~ but now i wonder if i can still get higher..
good thing my ace worked, it was really close between kiseijuu and grisaia.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
Apr 24, 10:48 PM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.