Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
I got to say that, even the ending of it is sad, it is a great ending for the entire series. Much more better than that Aldnoah ending

Although the characters imo is good, though I wish we see more on 5, 9 , and 12's background story. I wish this was 22-26 episodes.

9/10. Art, animation, music, story, and the suspense was thrilling, but the characters needs improvement in this.

Sep 25, 2014 7:42 PM
Nov 2012
I'm not sure why it took me so long to see it but this show is very similar to V for Vendetta.

Good show but not amazing, 7 or 8 for me.
Sep 25, 2014 7:42 PM

Jul 2010
Watanabe what the hell why kill my favorite character and my Otp ?!
The explosion of the stratosphere was beautiful
The pain man the pain .
Nine seem like he did what he had to do.
In a sad way why did the chopper have to kill Twelve !! Could of just done a warning shot but ....
The pain to see Nine see his friend down ahhhhhhh

I am sad....
Not what I expected
But overall I love this anime
Great conclusion
They were not just numbers they are humans
Never forget them 09/25/14
They existed,they lived
I will miss them

Overall 9/10
Sep 25, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
That was a decent episode I guess..

This whole series felt kinda flat for me. But oddly enough I started enjoying it more when 5 showed up, which is the opposite of a lot of people's opinions apparently. I was just bored as hell with all the riddle of the week and/or hipster safe-terror event of the week.

The characters, I felt were pretty bland and I didn't feel I connected with them or cared about them much. That's unfortunate, because characters usually play a huge part on how I enjoy an anime.

Its funny a lot of people were upholding this anime was going to be Hurr de herr da grates masterpiez of the zummers ! But I don't think it turned out that way for a lot of people including me >.>

Overall I give it 7/10. I was rating it a 6 until the show ramped up my enjoyment a bit in the final few episodes. It was a decent enough show to watch on a weekly basis, but looking back on it, I probably would have got bored/impatient with it if I had chose to marathon it in one sitting. The whole show just feels sort of anticlimactic to me, strange in a show I thought would be about terror/violence/tragedy..
Sep 25, 2014 7:51 PM
Apr 2014
I Loved the series as a whole and was glad to see they actually did something notable. As a whole I gave the series a 10/10 even though it had a week story at times.
Sep 25, 2014 7:54 PM
Oct 2013
wait, so they let Nine, Twelve and Lisa run free for /an entire year/ before capturing them??
Sep 25, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2011
snowykillerz said:
wait, so they let Nine, Twelve and Lisa run free for /an entire year/ before capturing them??

No
twelve and nine die

one year later lisa and the detective guy visit their grave
Sep 25, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
Easily best of the season and one of the best of this year
Sep 25, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2010
Ending was a bit anticlimactic, especially Twelve's death.
He was my favorite character, so I felt a bit upset that he died in such a way, without much closure with Lisa either. I guess that is how people die, though. You don't have time to recite endless monologues to the person you love. Sigh.

It was very realistic. And they achieved their goal. But I'm left with a certain emptiness, and maybe that was the point. The explosion was beautiful.

The show had some very amazing, poignant moments that were so original and beautiful - thanks to the unique visuals and soundtrack. However, the plot jumped around at times, especially with Five. She seemed out of place in the show - a cliche villain in the midst of the originality.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the ride. I really, really did. It didn't reach what I'd hoped it would, but it's left me with some beautiful scenes, music, and ideas to cherish. I'll particularly always love the ferris wheel and motorcycle scene. Slightly embarrassingly, I've already written little spin-offs based on those moments...

I just wish this could have been so much more, even though I'm mildly satisfied with what was given. This'll just be one of those shows where the characters really stay with me, where I'll think about them and write about them for months on end.

8/10
fishergirl16Sep 25, 2014 8:17 PM
Sep 25, 2014 8:20 PM

Mar 2013
I thought that this was an excellent final episode for an anime that had an excellent beginning followed by a meh middle. Even though I really disliked the parts with 5 in it, I'll give this anime an 8-9/10
Sep 25, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2011
was it really necessary to kill my baby 12? was it??? smh

idk i used to rate this 9 throughout the whole series cuz i really enjoyed it but somewhere at the end it went meh
but 7 is too low for this so probably 8.. yup

could have been better
Sep 25, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2014
That ending was so anticlimactic, anyway 9/10 for the series.
Sep 25, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2014
Had alot of potential, started out good, turned out to be a very average anime. 5-6/10
Sep 25, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2014
What a nice episode. I thought the bomb was going to fail or something, it was really impresive how things turned out.

I knew they were going to die, there is no other way to finish this kind of anime, but this died in a beautiful away.

8/10
Sep 25, 2014 9:10 PM

Feb 2012
Zankyou no Terror, more like.. No-Thank-You no Terror. I waited all this time to make that joke. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Very average, some decent moments but has pointless characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah this isn't a show to watch while it's airing. I'm not that smart, so I don't think I fully understood everything. Will definitely rewatch this one day.

Anyway, it was a mellow last episode. Overall thoughts about this series: Style over substance for sure. Loved the directing, the scene transitions, how episodes were paced (but not pacing overall) and how well the music and animation worked with the show. It was a great thriller although it could have been a strong mystery/detective drama if it had more episodes to flesh things out.

Favourite things about the series was the mood and overall atmosphere. Since the first episode, it had a lot of these chill/mellow moments with nice symbolism and even in the last episode, that aurora scene was really nice.

In the end, I didn't really care much for characters like other people. Lisa still didn't really matter overall. Maybe she did, but we needed a monologue or two from her. Her character development from this emotionless girl to someone who cried for her comrades, was unnatural. I wish we saw more of that.

I would compare this show to Mawaru Penguindrum (for people who've seen both, you know why) but the orphanage part in ZnT was not really elaborated at all other than being talked about and seeing a few flashbacks. I wish it could have been more focused on that instead of throwing in psychotic moments from Five.

Will leave it at a 8/10 because pros outweigh cons. Nevertheless, I wish we got more anime like this - be it a similar style, plot, or both. It has inspired me to watch more Watanabe shows ASAP! Cowboy Bebop is definitely next on my PTW.
MayukaSep 25, 2014 9:33 PM
Sep 25, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2011
Meh, nice idea. The ending was a letdown. These kids were smart enough to pull off elaborate stunts and out sleuth the detectives at almost every turn. Yet, they didn't figure that the detective they knew would find them would have been tailed? And that they wouldn't be out bluffed with their detonator ploy?

That and if the "Americans" didn't care about a nuke going off in Japan they certainly wouldn't think two seconds about offing the detective and the girl who are witnesses.

Like a lot of people have said. The beginning was nice. But it seemed to run out of steam at the end. The ending was too simplistic and clumsy. It closed the book. But not in a good way.

7/10 cause I liked the effort.
Sep 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2010
NO idea what the Americans were thinking at the end. So you shoot the guy who's not holding the detonator... and don't do anything against the guy who is. USA logic right there folks.

Super anticlimactic ending. The international implications of a homegrown nuclear bomb exploding over Japan would have been WAAAAY bigger than what we saw. For one, China would completely lose its shit and probably invade by immediately seizing the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands... but I suppose that's beyond the scope of this show.

The nuclear explosion was quite nice to behold, though. And I note that the aerial height of the bomb matches Aldnoah.Zero's stratosphere ascent: in that show the stratosphere was 20,000 meters above, here they showed the bomb was at 10,000 meters with one hour left.
Sep 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
I love the mood, the music and the fantastic directing. It sure had an explosive start then the middle kind of plateau'd for me. As for the finale, the feels definitely hit me but there's one part I just can't understand. Why did the Americans choose to shoot Twelve first? Wouldn't it have been more logical if they actually shot Nine and Twelve at the same time, headshot at that too?

Well anyway, I enjoyed it. It could have been so much more but not I'm going there.

8/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 25, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2013
This epi was beautiful, to the very end. I cried.

Anime of the season for me. 10/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:18 PM

Mar 2012
I thought this had the best finale of any anime I watched all year.

It wasn't as "amazing" of a series as I thought it was going to be, but it was still remarkable and extremely atmospheric.
Sep 25, 2014 10:25 PM

Sep 2014
The first half was out of this world beautifully intense. The second half dragged your heart to hell and back. Only to blow your mind in the end.

9/10

Now, who's going to make the nuke explosion into a gif?
Sep 25, 2014 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
At least now I understand the point of having Lisa in this show

very great but kinda underwhelming.

8/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:36 PM

Oct 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHH T__________T Nine and Twelve. I will remember them forever
Sep 25, 2014 10:37 PM

Feb 2014
Weak show with a good ending (the bomb explossion scene was pretty thrilling). I kind of suspected some connection between "von" and Iceland from the beggining. I guess I was right in the end. I believe there is a strong connection between the OST and Sigur Rós, the dream pop, post-rock quartet from this cold land, and they also have an album named Von.
Sep 25, 2014 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
Sep 25, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2010
I applaud shows that have the guts to kill off their main characters. It was pretty sad though, at least they got to have a little bit of happiness before their deaths.

So their plan way to expose the conspiracy the government was hiding? At least their plan worked, and now Lisa can move on with her life.

This is one of those shows that you don't want to watch weekly. I watched the last two episodes weekly and it didn't turn out so well. But when marathoned, its fantastic.

I'll give it a 9/10
Sep 25, 2014 11:04 PM

Feb 2014
Shiyu said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt3wkaIfZ7c
makes me cry everytime

As Sigur Rós as it can be.
Sep 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2013
It could have been done better, especially 12's death scene, but I'm not going to complain. This was one of the best anime I've watched in a while. LOVED the atmosphere and OST, among other things. It really sucks that it's over after a measly 11 episodes. Hopefully Mushishi/Psycho-Pass/Fate/Stay Night fill the void next season!
9.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 11:21 PM
Aug 2011
Twelve.. :( I was so sad when he was shot.

LOL when Lisa kicked the volleyball backwards, haha.
I personally loved the series, the art, the soundtrack, the characters - it was great.

9.5/10, but I guess it should be 10/10 since MAL doesn't settle with decimals.
Sep 25, 2014 11:31 PM
Sep 25, 2014 11:55 PM

May 2012
05:21 RIP

07:44 melonfeel

11:11 bowowow

15:01 earpod lol

6.5/10 for this finale.
7/10 overall.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 26, 2014 12:02 AM

Mar 2012
dat animation is epic.

Good final.

Lisa is alive, she's gonna be the next terrorist xD
Sep 26, 2014 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
Brilliant, best anime this season. Although it really suffered from the whole 5 arc.

I guess that is what set up for the ending though, however it seemed their time was up anyway without the US interference.
Sep 26, 2014 12:17 AM

Mar 2013
It was a good series tho it would have been better if they stick to Nine/Twelve vs. Shibazaki and make mind fucking riddles like in ep.2.

The finale was great tho but overall i give this 8/10.

RIP Nine & Twelve ;-;
Sep 26, 2014 12:19 AM
Nov 2012
10/10
Sep 26, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
I can't decide what to rate this series. It's one of those series that has a very 'empty' feeling. But it's definitely one of the better series this season.
Sep 26, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
damn, I feel empty.
Thank goodness they got rid of the Five arc tho
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Sep 26, 2014 1:15 AM
Jun 2014
Well this series was decent, but not great. It just seemed to introduce ideas but never explored them properly due to the plot just bouncing around. I wonder what Lisa's mother is doing now.
Sep 26, 2014 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
Good stuff, nice theme, and everything was pretty well executed.

Damn, beautiful nuke too.
Sorta sad, though, the corruption of those involved in this plan from the Japanese side was brought to light, but the US walks off unscathed. Well, at least 12's and 9's plans were fulfilled.

I'm not gonna lie though, seeing the nuclear plant get bombed would've been neat, so as to sate my inner need for destruction in fictional stories like this one.
Sep 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2008
This was definitely a unique anime for me.

I'm a little conflicted about how I feel about it, there's a lot a feel that wasn't answered very clearly, and even though I did predict both 9 and 12 would die, I didn't expect it like that.

Although, I can't deny that this anime was indeed entertaining and for the most part pretty enjoyable.

8/10
Sep 26, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2012
A beautiful ending to a very good series overall.

They managed to deliver a stable, in general, plot with some nice development in only 11 episodes without it feeling rushed, and I really appreciate that.

Animation was great, the bgm very fitting

8/10
Sep 26, 2014 2:03 AM

Dec 2013
Beautiful ending
Sep 26, 2014 2:17 AM

Feb 2014
A bit rushed. I think it need 1 more episode to get a real proper epilogue about what happen after Sphinx dead.
Sep 26, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2009
Flashoftheback said:
A bit rushed. I think it need 1 more episode to get a real proper epilogue about what happen after Sphinx dead.

no need for that since shibazaki already brought justice to those two and it can be seen on the last remaining scenes
Sep 26, 2014 2:34 AM

Dec 2011
I wasn't expecting the atomic bomb to actually go off and it seems it sent EMP waves that have left Japan without electricity and any kind of hardware.

Now Five also has a grave and Nine has reunited with Twelve and Lisa.

It would seem Shibazaki has finally found them.

Ah c'mon, did Nine and Twelve really have to die >.>

They spared Lisa and Shibazaki for whatever reasons since they also knew about all of the incidents and everything lol.

The end made me give this a lower rating than I initially wanted to... 8/10.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 26, 2014 2:37 AM

Feb 2008
Loved the finale, the series as a whole was rather enjoyable as well, definitely one of my all-time favourites. Such a beautiful nuclear explosion indeed, and I guess no-one died after all, in correspondence with the duo's plans. And all mysteries solved... Long story short, brilliant!

The soundtrack was spectacular this week, even more so than usually.
Sep 26, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2013
The animation in this episode is superb. I freaking love it.

But daaaaaamn, Nine and Twelve died and Nine crying over is really emotional, their reasoning behind the situation is really heartwarming. And did I saw Lisa and Twelve holding hands? Haha.

8/10, great OST and Lisa's hair became long at the end c: The bonding between the three was cute.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 26, 2014 3:05 AM

Jun 2014
7/10
Sep 26, 2014 3:10 AM

Jun 2014
BRK25 said:
invisibletrigger said:
I don't get the hate over Five. The US intervention was purposeful to me and without it, some of the themes would not have come out as strong. Look up Unit 731, a Japanese biological warfare unit that took part in human experimentation. After the surrender of the Japanese, General Douglas McArthur secretly granted immunity to the physicians of Unit 731, including their leader, in exchange for providing America, but not the other wartime allies, with their research on biological warfare and data from human experimentation. You can draw a parallel between those 2, with US taking Five away and keeping quiet over the whole issue. We gain an insight into the Foreign Policy of the US.

As for her character, she might have been over the top and random, but her childish behavior is no surprise given how she has been confined in that institution for so long. She is meant to be a collection of paradoxes: a teenage girl that tries to be an adult (link it back to the show's theme of conflict between generations), an outcast that stand in a position of authority. Some call her stupid for living so long just for a game, but that's the point: while the government can try to artificially create superhumans, they cannot compensate for the hollowness in the children. To others it might look like a petty rivalry, but to Five it is her only source of motivation.

The complaint about 'having no emotional connection to Nine and Twelve' isn't a valid complaint, because attachment to the characters is a very subjective matter. I did feel connected to the characters and felt anxious for them every time before the new episode came up.

People on here can choose to not admit it, but criticising a show that's totally bad is nowhere near as fun as shitting on an above average show you deem overrated, isn't it. The hate bandwagon is very tempting, people like criticizing something that is generally deemed good just to feel that they are more 'evaluative and objective' than others. But maybe you just don't 'get' the show. (I saw some people giving this a 6/10 but gave a higher rating to shows like Elfen Lied and No Game No Life... Sorry but I had to laugh.)

Personally, I loved the anime and it enlightened me on Japanese history. I found the ending very moving and this show is easily my favourite among the anime released in summer.

One hundred percent agreed.

http://moesucks.com/2014/09/18/terror-in-resonance-ep-10-nuclear-option/

This guy goes along more or less on your views.

Oh, I shitted on NGNL cause I despised the characters. I rather take these characters who are bland but have motivation to bring something, have a cause then two siblings fucking shit up cause it is a game and nothing else. They don't care at all.

To think that it gets such a high rating reminds me that the majority of anime viewers are little children by the age of 12-17 who gets attracted to bullshit easy. Then there's Sword ARt....

Let's not get into it but yes, I hate shows that get recognition that isn't even worth it. They broke to mainstream success but can't be remembered in years. This show will stick by me for its music and the characters. While not much on development, the characters made me grow fond, I couldn't help myself to like these two terrorists.

Thanks for the link to the article! (it's great to see an article that articulates a lot of my thoughts in a clearer and better way haha)
Exactly, when people say how they felt nothing when Nine and Twelve died, isn't that their own problem?? As for the characters, I think Nine's lack of development is meant to serve as a foil to Twelve, his commitment to revenge emphasises the change in Twelve's mindset (his yearning for connection with humanity and hope for a normal life). Lisa during the ferris wheel scene showed growth, she had multiple bombs strapped onto her, yet she did not turn into a panicking crying mess, she calmly told Twelve to go back to Nine. I don't think you would call that 'weakness'. Anyway, although the development was not outstanding, it's certainly not static.

Can't believe NGNL has such a high rating either. The invincibility factor resulted in zero tension. Some might argue that the excitement lies in how the problems were solved, but the show was nowhere as strategic and clever as it makes itself out to be. (the chess scene......) The parts where they won games by 'complex calculations in my head just because I'm a genius' are very lazy writing. I guess it appeals to the male gamer demographic, which makes up the majority of this website.
Pages (18) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.