Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
Aria!
Sep 21, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
mayukachan said:

Probably lol. I'm one of the few girls that would have preferred Misa x Light over any of the yaoi couples in Death Note x_x Same with DRRR actually.

Yeah, females tend to really like Misa for some reason. I don't dislike her, but I don't like her either. I'm neutral in other words.
No, I don't like her particularly but she had more chemistry with Light. Females actually tend to like either Light or L more so than any other character.
Sep 21, 2014 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
AzuStar said:
every 12min episode anime.

could be longer
I think that's actually a strong point for Yama no Susume 2. It keeps each episode fresh without dragging out around the 17-19 minute mark like several SOL do at one point or another.
Sep 21, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2014
Nisekoi, If only they make some actual romance instead of some fucking ambiguous ending it would be better imo.
Sep 21, 2014 7:15 PM
Oct 2010
Going to add Mahouka to the list....

1. Interesting world
2. Detailed Magic system

All brought down by shitty characters and a ridiculous power fantasy plot.
Sep 21, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2014
Sunday without god (Kamisama no inai nichiyubi)
They spend a lot of time building a really beautiful world with an amazing lore but ends up restricting itself to a school environment and the main character's goal (to save the world) is too general to have a clear ending.
Sep 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
Kotoura-san
It start off pretty good but went down hill since episode 5.

SAO
Too much fan-services, time-skip and the incest thing.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
The first season is great, but the second one is so failure.

Mahouka
too many minor characters, I have to go back to old episode almost every time to see who the hell the guy is. lol

Imphee said:
Sunday without god (Kamisama no inai nichiyubi)
They spend a lot of time building a really beautiful world with an amazing lore but ends up restricting itself to a school environment and the main character's goal (to save the world) is too general to have a clear ending.

This
Sep 21, 2014 10:35 PM

Jun 2014
SAO
Sep 21, 2014 11:02 PM

Aug 2013
Bebop. Bebop was good but could have been great if it was arc based and not episodic. Considering it is such a character driven show each character should have gotten an arc specifically dedicated to them. Say ten episodes (with the exception of Ed, like 5 episodes would be sufficient for Ed) for each main character. Spike's arc would have focused on

Zankyou No Terror - it would have been a great mystery thriller if
, there were actually other good investigators in the police force instead of just Shibazaki and if 9 and 12 didn't have such predictable back stories. Also 11 episodes is kind of ridiculous for a show like this, it should have been 26 episodes at least.
Sep 21, 2014 11:07 PM

Oct 2013
The amount of SAO being mention in this thread is over 9000! Can anyone be a little bit more original here?

Let me be the first then, Cowboy bebop and Psycho pass both had potential especially psycho pass but both didn't live up to it.
Sep 21, 2014 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
The amount of SAO being mention in this thread is over 9000! Can anyone be a little bit more original here?

Let me be the first then, Cowboy bebop and Psycho pass both had potential especially psycho pass but both didn't live up to it.

That would make you: wrong.

Anyway, SAO is the correct answer.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 21, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2011
Zankyou No Terror

i see lots of posts mentioning SAO, to be honest i never saw any potential on it
Sep 21, 2014 11:42 PM
May 2014
skudoops said:

1. Interesting world
2. Detailed Magic system

lol mahouka without godstuya and his harem wouldn't be mahouka at all.The light novel actually lives up to the hype and fulfills it's potential,though the same can't be said for the anime,screwed everything up with its bad pacing and adaption
Sep 22, 2014 12:00 AM

Apr 2011
X3blizzard said:
skudoops said:

1. Interesting world
2. Detailed Magic system

lol mahouka without godstuya and his harem wouldn't be mahouka at all.The light novel actually lives up to the hype and fulfills it's potential,though the same can't be said for the anime,screwed everything up with its bad pacing and adaption

How exactly does a better pacing fix up a story that could be better written by a toddler and a bunch of characters that are shit?
Sep 22, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
SAO had insane potential but it decided to stick their heads into fans' asses. For example, show started to focus on pathetic romance, made 12 year old girls fall in love with Kirito, completely OP main character with 0 development, etc.
Sep 22, 2014 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
X3blizzard said:

How exactly does a better pacing fix up a story that could be better written by a toddler and a bunch of characters that are shit?
Wow a toddler could create such an in depth and strategic magic system where magic is almost like a science and a futuristic Cold War setting.

OT No Game No Life. NGNL could have been a good game based anime instead of just an average one if there was more focus on games and less on fan service, the characters weren't terrible (with the exception of Kurumi who was the only one with a little character depth), the games actually had serious, deadly consequences for losing them like in the Yu Gi Oh manga and Kaiji in order to add tension, Sora actually lost a game once in a while and had to pick himself back up like Kaiji, villains who could actually give Blank a run for it's money and better world building.
Sep 22, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
yhunata said:

Wow a toddler could create such an in depth and strategic magic system where magic is almost like a science and a futuristic Cold War setting.

I said story, not concept.
Sep 22, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Those elements are part of the story.
Sep 22, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
yhunata said:

Those elements are part of the story.

Oh come one, you know what I meant there.
Sep 22, 2014 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
Oh come one, you know what I meant there.
So plot then not story.
Sep 22, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
robis798 said:
SAO had insane potential but it decided to stick their heads into fans' asses. For example, show started to focus on pathetic romance, made 12 year old girls fall in love with Kirito, completely OP main character with 0 development, etc.

Meh, I fell for him also.
Sep 22, 2014 10:27 AM
Aug 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

OT No Game No Life. NGNL could have been a good game based anime instead of just an average one if there was more focus on games and less on fan service, the characters weren't terrible (with the exception of Kurumi who was the only one with a little character depth), the games actually had serious, deadly consequences for losing them like in the Yu Gi Oh manga and Kaiji in order to add tension, Sora actually lost a game once in a while and had to pick himself back up like Kaiji, villains who could actually give Blank a run for it's money and better world building.

NGNL would be fine if it tried to abandon all its seriousness and didn't try to make their characters look smart, it's entertaining and doesn't need to pretend to be deep or smart or some other shit because it just makes it look ridiculous

also too many people mention zankyou before it has even finished, I doubt you can judge this kind of show before its done (especially since i think the last episodes have been getting better)
Sep 22, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
celeminus said:
NGNL would be fine if it tried to abandon all its seriousness and didn't try to make their characters look smart, it's entertaining and doesn't need to pretend to be deep or smart or some other shit because it just makes it look ridiculous

What seriousness?
Sep 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
celeminus said:

What seriousness?

celeminus said:
I don't think it would work as being just a comedy because imo no part of it was funny at all.
Sep 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
I don't think it would work as being just a comedy because imo no part of it was funny at all.
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 22, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
yhunata said:

What seriousness?

Oh, that. I thought you were talking about the games and the characters themselves.
Sep 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
Oh, that. I thought you were talking about the games and the characters themselves.
I have no problem with what I put in the spoiler but I wish that all the games had serious consequences for losing them like in Kaiji and the Yu Gi Oh manga and I have no problem with the main characters not being serious sometimes but depth should be added to them (in the form of back stories or character development) so that you can actually care about them. Sora is a guy I don't care about at all as character.
Sep 22, 2014 11:10 AM

Apr 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
yhunata said:
I have no problem with what I put in the spoiler but I wish that all the games had serious consequences for losing them like in Kaiji and the Yu Gi Oh manga and I have no problem with the main characters not being serious sometimes but depth should be added to them (in the form of back stories or character development) so that you can actually care about them. Sora is a guy I don't care about at all as character.

I'd say that's your problem with it, since NGNL isn't the type of thing that should be taken seriously.
Sep 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
robis798 said:

Yeah well...
Sep 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
robis798 said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

Yeah well...

not gonna lie episode 1 is super epic, i already imagining many things whats gonna happen next..... drama shit hahahahhahahaha
fuck author
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 22, 2014 11:50 AM
Aug 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

things don't have to be a comedy to be entertaining?

also i thought that the scene where he wished away the girls erogenous zones was hilarious since it points out the ridiculousness of the whole ecchi thing where showing boobs is absolutely fine but god forbid you show a nipple
Sep 22, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Shinsekai Yori.
It could have been miles better, i excepted more of it.
I wanted to see Fiends and more karma devils.
Sep 22, 2014 12:28 PM

Dec 2011
kurisubestgirl said:
-Klad- said:
Sōdo Āto Onrain

That and Angel Beats for recent examples.
Sep 22, 2014 3:00 PM
Oct 2010
Air Gear - for many reasons that are shown in the manga
Sep 22, 2014 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
Okashi--chan said:
Shinsekai Yori.

Go read the book, there are more detailed information about them there.
But overall, the anime was an incredible adaptation, I hardly see people bad talking it or finding it disapointing o.O
Sep 22, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
Danpmss said:
Okashi--chan said:
Shinsekai Yori.

But overall, the anime was an incredible adaptation, I hardly see people bad talking it or finding it disapointing o.O
What about everyone dropping it at episode 8 I think? I really need to watch SSY, I'm pretty sure I'd love it but I'm never in the mood to watch it.
Sep 22, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
Feaor said:
Danpmss said:

What about everyone dropping it at episode 8 I think? I really need to watch SSY, I'm pretty sure I'd love it but I'm never in the mood to watch it.

Not being extremist or anything, but those guys were just homophobical. Thank god we did not had to hear anything from them in the discussions after that "polemical" episode.

It wasn't even the point there (the main theme of that part was actually much more symbolic than
Sep 22, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
Danpmss said:
Okashi--chan said:
Shinsekai Yori.

i never said it was bad or disappointing, i just said it could have been better, since it had an amazing world building. And i also wanted to see Fiends and how they could handle them. Shinsekai Yori is by all means not bad or disappointing, i'm just saying it could have been better.
I might check the books then.
Sep 22, 2014 4:54 PM

Aug 2008
skudoops said:

1. Interesting world
2. Detailed Magic system

Well,it's a fanfiction after all though I never consider Mahouka to have potential anyway.
ZapredonSep 22, 2014 4:57 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 22, 2014 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Just from the anime I've seen, I'd have to nominate Geass R2, Kemonozume, and Jyu Oh Sei.
Sep 22, 2014 5:46 PM

Sep 2014
Chaos Head
VN was great. Anime was crap.
Sep 22, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
Not sure about most wasted, but I was really disappointed with Noucome. The choices could have set up some interesting scenarios, but instead it was always either "obvious choice" and "stupid shit", or "stupid shit" and "even dumber shit".
QuattroVaginasSep 22, 2014 5:57 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 22, 2014 5:57 PM
Dec 2009
SuperRed said:
Naruto Shippuden

This exactly. It could have gone in a different direction, like, in an adventure format where the Akatsuki were the main villains. But what we got instead was more Uchiha drama and zombie ninja (facepalm...)

Plus, the minor characters should have played a bigger role. It's a long running series, for craps sake! There was ample time to give them their moment in the sun and they essentially get shelved in the latter part of Shippuden! There's no excuse for that.
Sep 22, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
Log horizon
Black bullet
Sep 22, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 2012
legend of the galactic heroes, wasted too much time on irrelevant details and terraist asspulls. no wonder star wars is a classic but not that, logh does very little to involve the viewer and its a shame. a lot of the dialogue about politics and such and up being mostly irrelevant because in the grand scheme of things everything was a battle of pride between the important characters while the whole world is pretty much a second thought. still liked the first two seasons but it definitely went downhill after ep 52.

also @shinsekai yori the problem was that the show was simply boring, the directing was very mediocre, a lot of the emotional scenes felt dull, from the tense scenes to the dialogues betweens the characters. was very hard to care. it was hyped becauseit's rare to have anime that are a mix of many genres and such but there's a ton of gems that people have missed that are much better
Sep 22, 2014 9:22 PM

Jul 2012
Tarextherex said:
also @shinsekai yori the problem was that the show was simply boring, the directing was very mediocre, a lot of the emotional scenes felt dull, from the tense scenes to the dialogues betweens the characters. was very hard to care. it was hyped becauseit's rare to have anime that are a mix of many genres and such but there's a ton of gems that people have missed that are much better

>boring
>directing mediocre
>hard to care

Dude, I think you just don't like it because I disagree with those. It's not as hyped as other bigger shows, but reason why it was hyped is because:
- it's a serious anime (no fanservice, boobs, asspulls, filler etc.)
- dystopian speculative sci-fi setting; not done in anime usually
- laced story telling style; piece the puzzles together; foreshadowing well done
Sep 22, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
mayukachan said:

>boring
>directing mediocre
>hard to care

You gotta admit, there were stretches where the show was all of these things. Ultimately they're overshadowed by the good parts because of how awesome they were... but it has an unfortunate mix of rising and falling action in the middle.
Sep 22, 2014 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:

- it's a serious anime (no fanservice, boobs, asspulls, filler etc.)

LIES! I dropped at episode 8 because of typical Otaku pandering bs! /s
Sep 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I'd say that's your problem with it, since NGNL isn't the type of thing that should be taken seriously.
Well this thread is all about personal opinion and as celeminus mentioned there are serious things in the anime so it can't be completely not taken seriously.

celeminus said:
things don't have to be a comedy to be entertaining?
True , however I found NGNL mildly entertaining.

celeminus said:
also i thought that the scene where he wished away the girls erogenous zones was hilarious since it points out the ridiculousness of the whole ecchi thing where showing boobs is absolutely fine but god forbid you show a nipple.
That scene was definitely satire directed at the ecchi genre although I didn't particularly find it very funny.
Sep 22, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2014
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
This show is really under rated considering there are many many shows rated above it that are quite a bit worse in both writing, directing, and so on.

Few shows really captivate me and make me curious from the get go about it's world like this one has and unfortunately it's a completed LN with roughly the same score so I guess the writer didn't adapt the world that much? Pretty solid protagonist & likeable side chars that I really wanted to see expanded on even more.

Great world potential, great character potential, but needs a bit of elaboration in both to be excellent. Still enjoyed this show though.
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do so many people still shove anime through interpolaiton AI? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - May 19

70 by DigiCat »»
4 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

59 by AshuAmbrose »»
12 minutes ago

» Lifespan of an Anime fan? ( 1 2 )

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

75 by Gensouori »»
21 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that. ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 27

71 by Euhi »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime you liked more on second viewing

JoeChip - Yesterday

26 by Tulleha »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.