Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Barakamon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really cute episode! I thought the girls looked cute in their yukata.

I am also amazed at some of the impressive fish catching skills this episode. No seriously, that's on another level. I really thought the episode was some good fashion fun though. Reminds me of those days near the end of summer where people get to have one last chance before the busy school days return.

Nice basketball skills sensei. Oh wait.
Sep 13, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
The director shouldn't forgive Sensei :(

Naru losing her ticket and got a rock out of it ^^
The festival seemed really fun and they were so cute.
That first scoop... such grace and such flow. Making the stall go into the red if it went well xD
The softball club being that good with basketball! Sensei believing in his skills of shoot the ball from reading basketball manga xD
Felt a little bad for Tama.
Sensei being able to experience a festival for the first time.
Sensei losing his chance to tell them about him leaving due to the fireworks.
Naru going into an empty house :( that secret entrance though.
Sep 13, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
I'll admit I got a bit teary eyed at the end there with Naru sneaking into the house to find him gone. I have long since given up trying to describe just how fantastic this series is with mere words.
Sep 13, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
Poor Naru
Sep 13, 2014 12:56 PM
Mar 2013
LOL "I used to read basketball manga"....yeah that will not help at all. xD

Naru looking for Sensei....I dont want a sad episode after this. T.T
Sep 13, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2011
On of my favourite episodes, I think. This episode was just filled with heart-warming moments. Lol at sensei's basketball skills. That's how I act at PE too. "I'm sure I hit the ball, I've read lots of manga about baseball." But the last part... poor Naru. I DON'T WANT SENSEI TO LEAVE.
Sep 13, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
And I was thinking that Naru would use the thicket to tell Handa to stay... she got robbed, but that rock was really good.

Sensei's skills at Basket. Tama reading manga on a black alley.
The fireworks, and that ending, poor Naru.

And poor fisherman, he was all alone.
Sep 13, 2014 1:06 PM
Jan 2014
Such an amazing and heartwarming episode again.

Handa's really got at stacking rocks. That's one of his other hidden talents.

I knew that call was only going to bring despair. It was very mature of Miwa for understanding the situation, even without Handa saying a thing. The fireworks also looked nice.

The festival looked very fun. There sure are a lot of people with hidden talents, mainly Akihiko and Ikue. Handa's other hidden talent however was very amusing. Basketball manga doesn't aid in real life shots, now does it?

Felt very sad when Handa just walked away without saying anything to Naru. He was very sincere and even finished his work. I guess keeping it a secret until he leaves Goto is a good idea, but Naru will be very sad both ways.
Sep 13, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
That ending. How can he leave without saying anything to Naru ( and the others). I hope he goes back to the island at some point. The Festival had some nice heartwarming scenes ^-^
Sep 13, 2014 1:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
That rock was not worth it.
Sep 13, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
nice ep

now i cant wait for the next ep about sensei leaving the island
Sep 13, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
Aww that ending ;___;
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 13, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode... The festival was epic:

And that ending... Makes me want to watch next episode even more.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Sep 13, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
As always.. I enjoyed the episode. That ending tho :/
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Sep 13, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
It seems like it was that old guy he hit in the beginning who sent him to the countryside and wanting him to write his own style until getting his forgiveness. That's why he decided to go back.

Rewriting name board with adding his name even though he didn't give donation.

Then summer festival, and he never experienced it before. Lots of competition mood, it seems. Seems like everything's first time for him. He didn't have time to tell them that he's leaving.

Oh, so that's where she usually get in before the main guy moved in.

Two more eps. left?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 13, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2013
Sucks that he has to return. Looks like he had a good time at the festival. Poor Naru trying to look for him.
Sep 13, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2014
whoah that rock-puzzling skill and fish scooping skill o.0

sensei got his first experience at "matsuri" but it's a shame that it's his last day on island

poor naru to lost his ticket and his sensei, what will happen to the last 2 episode i wonder...
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 13, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2011
Nooooo, Handa-sensei belongs with the villagers now, you guys can't have him back as the villagers will come with pitchforks after your souls, I bet they will XD.

LOL, Naru's gonna use her birthday present to make sensei listen to anything she tells him to do, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Toads, oh so really frightening...

Hahaha, Handa-sensei's disciples lost heart and are questioning their writings XD.

LOL, Naru entered the house only to find depressed people lying around.

I was sure he was so hyped to go to the festival since it was his last day there.

Hahahaha, those memories were freaking hilarious near the end XD.

LOL, Handa-sensei could rival Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket with those shooting skills.

Dem rich kiddies are making sensei looks really bad and poor...

Awwww, happy moments :3 that aren't going to last for too long T.T

Sensei left T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 13, 2014 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
That nurse is sure pretty good at scooping fishes.

Too bad, Handa leaving the house without telling anyone.
Sep 13, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
I thought this was going to be a happy anime.
Sep 13, 2014 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
Sensei shows his secret, he read a basketball manga!
That ending was a bit sad, Sensei left without telling anyone.
Sep 13, 2014 3:44 PM

Nov 2012
"I'm not happy about this or anything!" Sensei your tsundere side is showing lol.

Sensei's shot was depressingly bad XD.

Sensei left ;____;

Glad Naru didn't start to cry when she noticed Sensei wasn't at his house otherwise I would have cried too.
Sep 13, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
animefan8800 said:
I'll admit I got a bit teary eyed at the end there with Naru sneaking into the house to find him gone. I have long since given up trying to describe just how fantastic this series is with mere words.

The ending really made me sad. poor Naru.
Great episode! it was still funny and heartwarming at the same time. Love it

Sep 13, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
great episode as always

kinda dumb though how he just left without telling anyone, could have just told them after the fireworks

GOD DAMNIT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FEEL GOOD SHOW NOT MAKE ME SAD
Sep 13, 2014 3:59 PM

Jun 2012
Definitely glad the manga isn't caught up / ahead of the anime since I wouldn't be able to resist reading it to see what happens next week. I'm sure the show will have a happy ending though. I'm guessing this just because Naru has lost her grandma, her parents(i think they died?) and now another adult figure in her life is leaving her without saying a word :/
Sep 13, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait to see the next one.
Sep 13, 2014 4:25 PM

Dec 2011
Lol at Handa... unlocking his secret skill. And he left. I can't wait to see Naru and the others' reaction to this... I wonder if someone knew he is leaving.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
NOOOO!!!
It's smells the end!
This episode was super cute and to see him leave
while Naru comes to play was so SAD!!
MY FEELS!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Sep 13, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
the ending too sad
Cty Best mid
Sep 13, 2014 5:14 PM

Jul 2010
''Sensei?...huh'' YEA RIGHT, BREAK MY KOKORO IN 2 BARAKAMON.
That basketball scene tho.Lold so bad.
Sep 13, 2014 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
LOL what an epic hidden talent. I was greatly mistaken to have expected something great.

So that's how Naru got into the house. Dem feels when nobody's home though...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 13, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2012
Still the best this summer season.

Why does it have to end in 2 episodes.. why?
Sep 13, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2013
I get that he probably didn't want to tell people he was leaving because he'd hate to see their faces after having bonded so much, but why do that to poor old Naru as well =/ She should have been the first to know.

It did seem like Hiro, Tama, and Miwa understood that Sensei would leave one day, I just feel really bad for Naru. I hope he either comes back or Naru catches him at the airport.
Sep 13, 2014 6:38 PM
Jul 2014
Festival scenes were heartwarming&funny. Especially that basketball scene lol. I'm probably just as bad as sensei haha

Feel really bad for Naru, she doesn't know sensei left :( Hope he'll come back soon.
Sep 13, 2014 7:05 PM
Jul 2014
I can't believe Sensei left without a goodbye :(

queue sad tears
Sep 13, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2014
-Wait, so can Naru no longer use the ticket she got from Sensei?

-That scene with Sensei's basketball skills had me dying. ^.^

-The fireworks scene was touching, since it seems that the others knew was Sensei was about to say to them. Or was that something else?

-I got my weekly dose of adorable Hina, so I'm happy :)

-Naru finding Sensei's house empty was heartrending, I can't wait for the next episode to make me into an emotional wreck.

-All in all, great episode. Made me feel all warm inside, as always. I can't believe it's almost over .
Sep 13, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
For a second I thought this was the last episode.
Sep 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
The episode was so cute, nice to see Sensei so used to the new life, though I'm sad for Naru now ): Do you guys think he will be stopped before leaving?
Sep 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Feb 2008
This series is definitely one of those series where episodes feel like 5 min rather than 20. This episode was just so damn good again. Naru and Hina are just so damn adorable. And like half of the posters already said, sensei was hilarious trying to unleash his hidden talent. And the ending, wasn't it a bit cowardly to leave without saying. Poor Naru & co, though of course especially Naru. She's going to be devastated.

DCDrewzee said:
-Wait, so can Naru no longer use the ticket she got from Sensei?

Ain't that the trick behind it? The granddad used it before Naru could use it on something else, making Naru still able to use it? It would just feel to cheap to see that ticket to go to waste by Haru getting ripped of, and having never used it herself. Well that or sensei has to star missing the island realizing the island or Naru is sort of his muse. Or a mix of both?
Sep 13, 2014 8:55 PM

Feb 2012
Cute episode, esp that basketball scene. lol!

I had a feeling Sensei wouldn't tell anyone about his departure. I guess its also hard for him to say "goodbye". Cowardly, but less painful on him.

Ugh, gotta wait another week for the next episode? :(
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 13, 2014 9:27 PM

Jun 2014
I wanted to scream 'HANDA-SENSEEEIII' right now.

Poor Naru.
Even though it's another fun and interesting episode as always, the ending though... Ugh.
2 more episodes. Great anime are ending now.
Sep 13, 2014 10:13 PM

Aug 2011
Nice, heart-warming episode. Sei-chan taking in all the sights and savoring them, knowing that this will be his first and last festival in the village.

Haha, if he'd gotten the chance to tell them, I would've expected Naru to use her 'Sensei will do anything only once' coupon to get him to stay, but to no avail. Would've made a really emotional scene though -- "You promised! That you'd do anything...! *tears up*" *sound of Yulin's heart breaking*

Sigh, next episode will probs be the entire village finding a way to contact Sensei and get him to come back, geez... Sensei could've at least left a note at his door saying that he left, so that the village folks won't be worried. Actually, he may have told the village chief to tell everyone in his place, but I'm still a little mad at him for not saying goodbye. Can he even imagine what kind of heartbroken expression Naru will have on her face when she finds out?

Oh and gotta love the scene when Miwa asks Hiro if he has a girlfriend. Just something to note: Seishuu's face instantly relaxed when Hiro said he didn't. Tama looks at Seishuu. Tama the Seihiro shipper, who never misses the shounen ai moments (●´ω`●)

ugh they're totally teasing usss

gyuuniuAug 18, 2015 12:23 PM
Sep 13, 2014 10:22 PM

Jun 2014
Another great episode! I can't believe Handa is leaving without saying anything to at least Naru!

The end was so sad when she saw that his house was empty!

Only 2 more episodes, and I hope that he realizes that living on the island is much better for him than living in Tokyo!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 13, 2014 11:51 PM

Aug 2013
Hina definitely got scammed by her grandpa >__>

"Yes, long ago, I read a basketball manga!"
I died of laughter.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 11:53 PM

Aug 2014
I have a feeling he is only planning on leaving for a few days. I don't see Handa as the type to leave permanently without a word.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 14, 2014 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
Two more episodes to go,while Handa went already without telling anyone.

It was great and funny episode. I wonder how will they close it all up.
Sep 14, 2014 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode as always
Can't believe that was the first time Handa has gone to a festival.......
Poor Naru at end....
Sep 14, 2014 12:58 AM

Oct 2013
NARU Q_Q... NO.
Sep 14, 2014 1:59 AM

May 2012
05:45 LOOOOL

7/10 for this episode.
Tama best girl.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 14, 2014 2:40 AM

May 2013
HAH! Sure sensei, you read basketball mangas with your skills!

But dem, feels will overflow next week.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

154 by Term4738 »»
Apr 25, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

337 by Devonnius »»
Feb 21, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

400 by Devonnius »»
Feb 20, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

175 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

148 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.