Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
Madhouse please remake Tokyo Ghoul
Sep 9, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
ChrnoTodd said:

What a off topic comment, but it deserve a 1+ from me.
Sep 9, 2014 6:28 PM

May 2012
God, Something was adorable. Teared up a bit, especially when it said it loved Killua

Hard to believe that there's just two more episodes left.

Sep 9, 2014 6:31 PM

Mar 2014
Lol I love how you guys keep calling it "Something". I never liked that translation, I preferred "Nanika".

Anyway, can't wait to watch all these episodes!
Sep 9, 2014 6:31 PM

Dec 2008
keragamming said:
ChrnoTodd said:

What a off topic comment, but it deserve a 1+ from me.

HAHAHAHAH because I like this episode so much
Sep 9, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2013
Starmac said:
VERY excited for next episode. Judging from the preview, they're going to be covering an extremely important scene, and based on the tone of the narration, they're going to be executing it with more panache and reverence than Togashi did in the manga. I've got faith Madhouse: work your magic.

It's done by the same people who did episodes 80 & 126 (Gyro flashback & Netero vs Meruem finale), judging by the way Gon looks, so I expect nothing less.
Sep 9, 2014 6:47 PM

Jun 2009
jreginald said:
Lol I love how you guys keep calling it "Something". I never liked that translation, I preferred "Nanika".

Yeah, wish crunchy roll would have just went with Nanika.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 6:49 PM
Jan 2014
Really nice episode, the final part was very emotional and I ended up crying xD. Only two episodes to go :(
Sep 9, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
So much feels :/
Sep 9, 2014 6:57 PM

Oct 2013
insan3soldiern said:
jreginald said:

Yea, I was like who the hell is "something"? I wonder why they choose not to use Nanika?
Sep 9, 2014 7:01 PM

Apr 2014
Omg! That was so sad and so sweet! Gahhh! The feels! My eyes want to sweat! Whys this show have to end!? My lifes over T-T. Awesome episode one of my favorites!
Sep 9, 2014 7:09 PM

Jun 2009
keragamming said:
insan3soldiern said:

Yea, I was like who the hell is "something"? I wonder why they choose not to use Nanika?

From what I understand Nanika = Something. They decided to translate it, I feel they shouldn't have.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
insan3soldiern said:

I was fine with them calling Senritsu "Melody", since that can be an actual name. As someone else said, this is like translating Jamal to "Camel".

But, if this show were to be dubbed in another language - I suppose they had to go with Something.
Sep 9, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
I honestly would prefer them to use Nanika even in a dubbed version. Calling a character "something" sounds stupid.

What does Viz's translation do with Nanika's name? Pretty sure I've asked this before, but I don't remember what the answer was.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
Well now they can basically solve any problem by using their little pocket sized miracle maker.

She's too OP she needs to die or have serious limitations imposed before the story starts getting negatively impacted by her presence. Oh well only 2 more eps left anyway.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 9, 2014 7:30 PM
Jul 2014
The relationship between Killua,Nanika&Alluka is so sweet ;-;
Sep 9, 2014 7:31 PM

Jun 2009
DerpHole said:
Well now they can basically solve any problem by using their little pocket sized miracle maker.

She's too OP she needs to die or have serious limitations imposed before the story starts getting negatively impacted by her presence. Oh well only 2 more eps left anyway.

It's pretty obvious they are setting up a power struggle over Alluka in the Zoldyck family. So, basically, her overpowered abilities have opened up another can of worms.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 7:33 PM

Oct 2011
I really hate that they call Alluka's other side "Something". It sounds incredibly dumb in my opinion. "Did you make Something cry?" What the fuck? Why couldn't they just name it somehow? :P
Sep 9, 2014 7:36 PM

Jun 2014
Saraph said:
I really hate that they call Alluka's other side "Something". It sounds incredibly dumb in my opinion. "Did you make Something cry?" What the fuck? Why couldn't they just name it somehow? :P

Lol yeah they were extremely uncreative about its name
Sep 9, 2014 7:36 PM

Mar 2013
insan3soldiern said:
DerpHole said:

It's pretty obvious they are setting up a power struggle over Alluka in the Zoldyck family. So, basically, her overpowered abilities have opened up another can of worms.
a power struggle that's destined to be won by kilua because he controls her and hardly has to do anything for her to grant him wishes.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 9, 2014 7:40 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, but he isn't planning on using her powers anymore right?

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
Good episode. The Alluka part was emotional so it didn't bother me like it did in the manga. Ging was hilarious but next episode is his best moment~ Pariston just wanted to play with Netero and the association one last time, Ging didn't think things through apparently. XD

insan3soldiern said:

What does Viz's translation do with Nanika's name? Pretty sure I've asked this before, but I don't remember what the answer was.

It's Nanika in the Viz's translation.

We have 2 episodes and 3 chapters left, maybe the last episode will have some stuff from the Dark Continent Arc.
Sep 9, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
Hated him in the beginning of arc but damn has Pariston become a better and better character per episode
Sep 9, 2014 8:17 PM

Sep 2013
Nanika bringing the feels :( but her face thou :O

Ging is a grown up Yuusuke :O

Kite is alive and is a girl :O he was probably turned into an ant or something, he did get eaten (his organs at least hence the scars on his dead body) :(
Sep 9, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
Fuck, I wish we had more of Pariston in the anime!
Sep 9, 2014 8:35 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode, the interaction between Gon and Ging + the crowd was hilarious to watch. Madhouse did an amazing job handling the 2nd half, I didn't really care much about it while reading it in the manga, well done Madhouse, you made me cry again ;__;
Sep 9, 2014 8:53 PM
Jun 2010
RagingMan said:
Well the Gon and Ging Reunion was... anticlimactic.

Haha, what's cool is how original it was. Most shounens make first meetings like that super special or dramatic, Togashi doesn't do that. Who would have thought Gon would meet his father like that?

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Sep 9, 2014 9:15 PM

Nov 2011
insan3soldiern said:
DerpHole said:

Even at that, I tend to agree with him. As it is, she's overpowered. It doesn't matter who controls her or who she wants to help. I'm not saying that overpowered is inherently bad, but I hazard to say that I'm concerned, even with Togashi being the writer here.

Even if the power itself is left OP, there needs to be some kind of limiter. I think Vash the Stampede is a good example- extremely overpowered, but he'd never use the full extent of his potential simply because of who he is. Alluka has no limiter. Not only that, her specific ability is far more vast than the likes of someone like Vash or even (in HxH) Meruem. She can do literally anything, as far as we can tell.
Sep 9, 2014 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
TripleSRank said:
insan3soldiern said:

Even at that, I tend to agree with him. As it is, she's overpowered. It doesn't matter who controls her or who she wants to help. I'm not saying that overpowered is inherently bad, but I hazard to say that I'm concerned, even with Togashi being the writer here.

Even if the power itself is left OP, there needs to be some kind of limiter. I think Vash the Stampede is a good example- extremely overpowered, but he'd never use the full extent of his potential simply because of who he is. Alluka has no limiter. Not only that, her specific ability is far more vast than the likes of someone like Vash or even (in HxH) Meruem. She can do literally anything, as far as we can tell.
Yeah. Isn't it a little strange that back in the Chimera Ant arc Killua didn't just go back home and ask Something to kill Meruem? Or all of the royal guards? The only thing preventing him from seeing/remembering Alluka was Illumi's needile right? He should have remembered as soon as he pulled it out. Not really a plot hole, but still rather strange. As far as we know Alluka is even more powerful than the Dragon Balls.
Sep 9, 2014 9:36 PM

Aug 2014
When nanika was crying her eyes looked like scribbles so I couldn't take it seriously. =_=
Sep 9, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:
TripleSRank said:

Yeah. Isn't it a little strange that back in the Chimera Ant arc Killua didn't just go back home and ask Something to kill Meruem? Or all of the royal guards? The only thing preventing him from seeing/remembering Alluka was Illumi's needile right? He should have remembered as soon as he pulled it out. Not really a plot hole, but still rather strange. As far as we know Alluka is even more powerful than the Dragon Balls.

Uhm, no. His dad wouldn't even allow him to see Alluka. The whole reason why Alluka is locked up is because they don't want to divulge any information about his powers AND he can cause a whole bunch of deaths. That's kinda why Killua made all those conditions (ie. no one can be in the hospital) when he talked to Morel. Killua only considered Alluka because Gon's life was on the line (which is important to him). If Alluka had actually killed Meruem and co. then everyone will eventually be onto Something.
Sep 9, 2014 9:46 PM

May 2013
Not enough people are talking about Pariston, king of the trolls. The trolliest troll that has ever trolled. Lol @ the moment with Ging. I still don't like Alluka's power (I love this anime but it seems like an asspull since it was introduced), it definitely caused a good arc though and I can't deny that she is cute too. I was close to crying at the end with a series of d'awws. I wonder what will happen with her later cause her power is way too OP.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 9, 2014 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
Gon finally gets to meet Ging.
Lol at everyone calling him a bad father and Ging wanting to fight everyone.
Pariston becomes chairman and then quits. LOL.
Love the moments with Killuia, Alluka and Something.
Cannot wait for next week. Gon and Killuia get to meet again.
2 more episodes to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 9, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2009
@ TripleSRank

Not really much to say about that, I'm honestly not too big on speculation though I can't help but have a nagging feeling that Killua hasn't been honest to his family regarding how the restrictions apply to him. I remember him saying something to the effect of "if my family knew the last rule, they would never let me go" in one of the past episodes. Though I guess that may have something to do with what Illumi figured out this episode.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 9:53 PM

Feb 2014
jreginald said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Uhm, no. His dad wouldn't even allow him to see Alluka. The whole reason why Alluka is locked up is because they don't want to divulge any information about his powers AND he can cause a whole bunch of deaths. That's kinda why Killua made all those conditions (ie. no one can be in the hospital) when he talked to Morel. Killua only considered Alluka because Gon's life was on the line (which is important to him). If Alluka had actually killed Meruem and co. then everyone will eventually be onto Something.

As if Killua would do something like that in the first place . If it's free risk, someone like Illumi would do that, but Killua not. That's why Morel said it will be dangerous if Nanika fall into a bastard hands, and Killua not someone like that. Nanika is OP, but Nanika will not use her/his ability for her own gain. It's all now for Killua, but Killua intending that it was his final order/wish.

On another note, it's true Nanika's "ability" is overpowered as hell. It may be annoyed for some people who only watch the anime only which is understandable. But this is will be carried out to the next arc, just little spoiler. Nanika is "something from another place" you know, if you know what i mean. Just look on Chimera Ants incident, you will know it.

Then again, Alluka is normal child. Her own self supposedly can be killed easily if someone wanted it to. Because she was being protected and almost no one know about her that something like that doesn't happen.
Sep 9, 2014 10:41 PM

Jun 2009
cantius said:
Kefkiroth said:
Of course Parriston gives up chairmanship at the last second. Not sure if it's just me, but I find Cheadle somewhat obnoxious for some reason. It was satisfying seeing her get defeated like that.

Yeah. She's annoying

It's the voice, I think. She never bothered me in the manga.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2012
Ging acted so Yusuke-like when he said he would punch everybody (and he did it)... too bad, cuz I love Yusuke but I just wanna punch Ging till he forget his own name.

I love Alluka/Nanika so that scene broke my heart in a million pieces... first time we saw little Alluka angry :o

anyway... it's 1:52am in my country. can't say anything
Sep 9, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was definitely a little sad seeing Alluka cry like that... I didn't think Something was that linked to her.

I have to admit, Ging's reunion with Gon was perfectly executed. It wasn't over the top, it was realistic. I thought Gon would probably start by bringing up the fact that Kite is now a little girl lol. I wonder what that nen power he used was, isn't that essentially resurrection? Too OP lel.
Sep 9, 2014 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
Mawwww, Killua and Alluka/Nanika hugz

Who are the other characters again? /shrug
Sep 9, 2014 11:25 PM

Feb 2014
Mikaze said:
This episode was definitely a little sad seeing Alluka cry like that... I didn't think Something was that linked to her.

I have to admit, Ging's reunion with Gon was perfectly executed. It wasn't over the top, it was realistic. I thought Gon would probably start by bringing up the fact that Kite is now a little girl lol. I wonder what that nen power he used was, isn't that essentially resurrection? Too OP lel.

In the manga, Ging said that Kite's Crazy Pierrot has one ability called "How could i die like this". But they didn't know how it actually works or something like that. If it was that magical staff ability, maybe it was really a good spin after all.
FlashofthebackSep 9, 2014 11:31 PM
Sep 10, 2014 12:05 AM

Dec 2010
the last rule was really simple
you like some one , respect some one , you do favors for them . favors are free . it makes us humane . alluka is not a wish granting beast ! she is begging killua to be that person . you don't need complex thoughts to understand alluka's rules . the exception of last rule is so simple , so humane that it reflects appropriately the simplicity in togashi's complexity . brilliant stuff ! you need to be kind . kind towards both alluka and nanika .in the end that's what a human being wants despite how much of a dangerous being he is ...

another thing that was really impressive was the subtle messege that togashi left in this episode . when you see pariston doing everything and leaving the chairman's position in the end just for the sake of fun, you clearly get the message . its not the result / aim , its the journey towards aim that matters . interesting to say togashi did the exact same thing with gon in this episode . he made gon meet ging out of blue where everyone thought that was the end goal of gon and this series . togashi broke the notion of typical shonen hero's ultimate aim and wrapped it beautifully midway .and we can't deny we had fun all the way to the end

with that , its finally the end . we will see the " golden chapter " animate next week . at last ! it will be amazing to see the brilliant ending montage that was the chapter !
Sep 10, 2014 12:06 AM
Jun 2012
One thing which bothers me is that last several eps they spend quite a bit of time on cryptic discussions of Nanika's operating manual, how (s)he sleeps, and how Killua had some genius plan to... well, solve it once and for all. Somehow.

This ep it all was washed down the drain by the stream of feelz and tears (masterfully executed, but still...). The whole brilliant plan was an order "don't come out again", Nanika doesn't sleep, rules don't apply to Killua, etc.

That said, still great show. Pariston! It's amazing how they managed to turn him from some weird semi-villain into deep character. After this episode I can see why Netero would have him as vice-president.
ElfsterSep 10, 2014 12:50 AM
Sep 10, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
Nanika (alter ego of Alluka) is the girl that Killua is referring too
Sep 10, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 2013
Damn my eyes are teary watching this episodes. Hunter x Feels

Gon x Gin
Pariston
Alluka x Nanika x Killua
Sep 10, 2014 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
Flashoftheback said:
Mikaze said:

In the manga, Ging said that Kite's Crazy Pierrot has one ability called "How could i die like this". But they didn't know how it actually works or something like that. If it was that magical staff ability, maybe it was really a good spin after all.

"how could i die like this"
somehow this feels very kiteish
Sep 10, 2014 12:36 AM

Jun 2009
headless_nick said:

with that , its finally the end . we will see the " golden chapter " animate next week . at last ! it will be amazing to see the brilliant ending montage that was the chapter !

The montage shouldn't be until episode 148, should it?

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 10, 2014 1:11 AM

Dec 2010
The montage shouldn't be until episode 148, should it?[/quote]

if they animate next 3 chapters on 147 then yes it would be the last episode . besides they actually said 147 is the final episode and 148 may work as the prologue for the next arc . source is provided here

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-17/megumi-han-hunter-x-hunter-anime-to-end-at-episode-148/.77699

so consider 147 the apparent ending episode for HxH 2011. though they might work with their chapter structure as they did before ... lets see what happens .
Sep 10, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2007
Does this mean no more fabulous Pariston suits?
Sep 10, 2014 2:24 AM

Sep 2011
Killua and alluka's scene almost had me in tears ;____;
can i have a big brother like killua plz ;----; <3333
Sep 10, 2014 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
This episode is perfect 10/10
GosuDRMJan 19, 2023 11:58 PM

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - May 3, 2012

155 by wibugar »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Avato-chan - Apr 7, 2012

107 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Mar 31, 2012

116 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Mar 24, 2012

130 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Mar 17, 2012

133 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.