Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
Sep 3, 2014 12:50 AM

Mar 2013
My list is fixed. Thank You, admins of MAL. :D
Sep 3, 2014 12:57 AM
Feb 2009
yay fixed, saving my life :D
Sep 3, 2014 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks for the fix
Sep 3, 2014 1:14 AM

Dec 2013
Best of luck with returning everything back to normal.
Sep 3, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
Thank you, you guys are the best! I thought this would take way longer! :)
Sep 3, 2014 2:05 AM

Aug 2013
ryuuji_xvii said:
72 days -> 47 days in my anime stats.
what really happen? o_O

Same, my days like halfed =
Sep 3, 2014 2:14 AM

Jan 2011
see, everything was not so worse. ^^

nekomimibadik said:
ryuuji_xvii said:
72 days -> 47 days in my anime stats.
what really happen? o_O

it seems those stats arnt updated every second. wait some time, until „the math bot“ reaches your stats. ^^
Sep 3, 2014 2:18 AM

Oct 2013
That is nice to hear, I am so happy to see my list not fucked up anymore:D
Sep 3, 2014 2:18 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
AkibaNightrider said:
Thank you, you guys are the best! I thought this would take way longer! :)

Same, I was expecting like a month or more.

Awesome job, MAL and Mods!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 3, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2013
summerwars said:

nekomimibadik said:

it seems those stats arnt updated every second. wait some time, until „the math bot“ reaches your stats. ^^

Update a show and your days will be what they used to be in a few minutes.
Sep 3, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2011
React775 said:
summerwars said:

Update a show and your days will be what they used to be in a few minutes.
so „the math bot“ doing his work after someone updates a show on his list. thats better. ^^
Sep 3, 2014 2:33 AM
Aug 2013
Thanks for fixing it ! Been lost these couple days without MAL .
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Sep 3, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2014
Xinil said:
Restore was just performed recently.

To everyone still experiencing issues with your total time watched, it should be fixed on your next list update.

Awesome work man
Like I Care.... The World's Gonna End anyway

Sep 3, 2014 2:37 AM

Feb 2014
Thank you for the fix! ^_^
Sep 3, 2014 2:37 AM

Sep 2013
Indeed, the number of episode, description etc.. are clear but my stats never change. In fact, my stats have Decreased 70 to 46.5, someone can help me ?
Thank you. :)

Here for my MAL: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Niyanaka
Sep 3, 2014 2:40 AM

Sep 2013
Niyanaka said:
Indeed, the number of episode, description etc.. are clear but my stats never change. In fact, my stats have Decreased 70 to 46.5, someone can help me ?

No problem, just update one of your shows and your days watched will go back to 70 in a few minutes.
Sep 3, 2014 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
Thank your for all your effort. I think that everything in my list is now ok.
Sep 3, 2014 2:48 AM

Sep 2013
React775 said:
Niyanaka said:

No problem, just update one of your shows and your days watched will go back to 70 in a few minutes.

Oh yeah, it's ok now. Thank you. :)
Sep 3, 2014 3:14 AM

Jun 2010
Thanks for all the hard work guys!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 3:46 AM
Aug 2014
Arigato gozaimasu! Everything is okay :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gnomciu&sclick=1]
Sep 3, 2014 3:55 AM

Nov 2011
Looks all great from here! Thanks for working so hard to fix everything!
Sep 3, 2014 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
AfterGlow said:
Noboru said:

Except that's not how SSJmaster operates, he strong arms his way in and he does it annually. He isn't hacking third party sites to obtain a password for MAL, that would be such a round-about way, not to mention that it's completely illogical. One guy with a grudge against a specific site is targeting random sites whit the hopes of obtaining passwords for MAL? Please...

My three steps would solve the problem, unfortunately I can guarantee it as the problem is and has always been a combination of promoting dumbasses to mods and not forcing them to have better passwords.

First of all, people can grow older, busier, more mature or simply tired of messing around, but if something was easy obtainable, they could be tempted to try it out.
Secondly, do you have clear evidence that it was this "SSJmaster" guy?
It could have been anyone with how easy obtain-able a password from another portal was. There has been apparently a list from some Anime or Manga site with user names and passwords. I won't mention the name of the affected site here, though, you can write me a private message if you're interested about the source.
And if the same password is used on multiple portals, then anyone can "hack" an account if there aren't any restrictions or additional verifications. Your three steps wouldn't have stopped that if that had been the case.

by the way: I'm not saying your scenario is wrong, I just find the theory of having the same or a similar password compromised from another portal more likely to be the case.
Sep 3, 2014 4:25 AM
Nov 2013
thanks for fixing the hacker - anime issues. greatly appreciated :)
Sep 3, 2014 4:29 AM
Nov 2008
Noboru said:
AfterGlow said:

Except that's not how SSJmaster operates, he strong arms his way in and he does it annually. He isn't hacking third party sites to obtain a password for MAL, that would be such a round-about way, not to mention that it's completely illogical. One guy with a grudge against a specific site is targeting random sites whit the hopes of obtaining passwords for MAL? Please...

My three steps would solve the problem, unfortunately I can guarantee it as the problem is and has always been a combination of promoting dumbasses to mods and not forcing them to have better passwords.

First of all, people can grow older, busier, more mature or simply tired of messing around, but if something was easy obtainable, they could be tempted to try it out.
Secondly, do you have clear evidence that it was this "SSJmaster" guy?
It could have been anyone with how easy obtain-able a password from another portal was. There has been apparently a list from some Anime or Manga site with user names and passwords. I won't mention the name of the affected site here, though, you can write me a private message if you're interested about the source.
And if the same password is used on multiple portals, then anyone can "hack" an account if there aren't any restrictions or additional verifications. Your three steps wouldn't have stopped that if that had been the case.

by the way: I'm not saying your scenario is wrong, I just find the theory of having the same or a similar password compromised from another portal more likely to be the case.
ssjmaster's calling cards are gore, obvious phishing, and fucking with the database. no ransom, no delay, just major inconvenience.

the moderator fell to obvious phishing. i still laugh at whatever mod fell for it.
Sep 3, 2014 4:35 AM

Jan 2009
dity said:
ssjmaster's calling cards are gore, obvious phishing, and fucking with the database. no ransom, no delay, just major inconvenience.

the moderator fell to obvious phishing. i still laugh at whatever mod fell for it.

Well, if you say so and have proof and/or are convinced that it has been him and not some copycat...

Anyway, glad to see it's fixed and what should matter now imho is how to prevent such cases in the future.
Sep 3, 2014 4:41 AM
Nov 2008
Noboru said:
dity said:

Well, if you say so and have proof and/or are convinced that it has been him and not some copycat...

Anyway, glad to see it's fixed and what should matter now imho is how to prevent such cases in the future.
we could ensure that our mods are not idiots.
Sep 3, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2012
Yay!!!
Arigato!!!
Sep 3, 2014 5:09 AM
Aug 2009
My days watched stat is almost halved and my avatar doesn't load. Will it be fixed soon?
Sep 3, 2014 5:18 AM

Oct 2012
Thank you for the fix and the hard work :)
Sep 3, 2014 5:19 AM

Mar 2012
Thanks for fixing the anime titles thing ^^ I hope Season 3 won't ever happen.
Sep 3, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
Im not sure if it was mentioned before; but was this a rollback? And if so, how long? Just so i can try to remember what to re-add if i have to
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 5:28 AM

Sep 2011
Thanks for the hard work!
Sep 3, 2014 5:42 AM
Mar 2013
Thanks, mods! :)
Sep 3, 2014 5:57 AM

Aug 2014
anime titels and ep. count is fixed (ty for that) but it seems the pics on my thumbnails are still missing. does any1 else have this?
Sep 3, 2014 5:59 AM

Oct 2007
My days still aren't back to what they were (154.3).
Sep 3, 2014 6:12 AM

Jan 2014
DanshiDerp said:
My days still aren't back to what they were (154.3).

Update your list, then it should be fixed after a while.
Sep 3, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
Thank you so so so much for fixing every thing my list feels healthy right now ♥ ~
Sep 3, 2014 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
Updated my list and I got my days watched back.
Sep 3, 2014 7:17 AM
Jan 2012
season 3 hype
Sep 3, 2014 7:18 AM
Sep 3, 2014 7:28 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Good jobs, MAL! I'm happy to see almost everything is fixed. Aside from around 100 days missing from my Anime time progress, everything appears to be fixed. Now fix the site so this doesn't happen again! I'm sure many users have left MAL over this incident.

Also, how about increasing your social media presence like your competitors? A lack of an official and ACTIVE Facebook & Twitter will come back to haunt you.
Sep 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
Thanks, mods (:
Sep 3, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2014
IAmLoudness said:
anime titels and ep. count is fixed (ty for that) but it seems the pics on my thumbnails are still missing. does any1 else have this?

Lolicon said:
Good jobs, MAL! I'm happy to see almost everything is fixed. Aside from around 100 days missing from my Anime time progress, everything appears to be fixed. Now fix the site so this doesn't happen again! I'm sure many users have left MAL over this incident.

Also, how about increasing your social media presence like your competitors? A lack of an official and ACTIVE Facebook & Twitter will come back to haunt you.

Glutek said:
Thanks, mods (:

Ignore much?
Sep 3, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2012
Thank you for your hard work.
Sep 3, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
Thank you so much for the hard work and quick fix!!!
Sep 3, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2010
IAmLoudness said:
IAmLoudness said:

Lolicon said:

Glutek said:
Thanks, mods (:

Ignore much?

Right before and during attacks, some ppl's Dropbox accounts crashed out of nowhere including the ones containing the code your list uses to show covers. Mods or Xinil can't really do anything to prevent this based on what I've been told atm. You can get the covers back with the solution on my club's front page. Under the K-on! pic "Fixes for covers":
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19736

If the import you replace the old import with stops working in the future, then whatever caused the crash during the hacking is still happening and crashing Dropboxes. But you can use the "generate your own covers" solution instead, and that should never crash.

When I have more time and all this dies down I'll post more updates on that same page
Sep 3, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
Shishio-kun said:
IAmLoudness said:

Ignore much?

Right before and during attacks, some ppl's Dropbox accounts crashed out of nowhere including the ones containing the code your list uses to show covers. Mods or Xinil can't really do anything to prevent this based on what I've been told atm. You can get the covers back with the solution on my club's front page. Under the K-on! pic "Fixes for covers":
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19736

If the import you replace the old import with stops working in the future, then whatever caused the crash during the hacking is still happening and crashing Dropboxes. But you can use the "generate your own covers" solution instead, and that should never crash.

When I have more time and all this dies down I'll post more updates on that same page

k ty :)
Sep 3, 2014 9:23 AM

Jul 2013
Glad to hear this xD
Sep 3, 2014 9:27 AM
Jan 2009
I'm so happy now! :)
I love you MAL guys!!
~Futari no ai wa eien ni naru~
Sep 3, 2014 10:24 AM

Oct 2011
Hah, that explains a lot. Is that why some things said X/9001?
Time waits for no one...

DrunkenBlowfish said:
Ho-oh, I'd imagine its like a Skittles flavored turkey.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

225 by Baldo_zz »»
7 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime đź—» ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.