Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2008 11:40 AM

Dec 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So after the game ended, they passed the test and Goro got a one shot invitation straight to the Majors. To be expected, right?

It's really interesting that when he arrives to the spring training, he learns the ins and outs of the Majors, and even meets the Team Ace, Sanchez.

While challenging Sanchez to a game using the grid iron, Goro realizes that he's way below the Major level. And to put even more pressure, he gets to be the starting pitcher in an exhibition game in the next two days. Oh boy.
Feb 4, 2008 1:51 PM

Aug 2007
I liked this episode better, and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming game!
Goro better sharpen up, I'm hoping they won't make the next game too easy for him to do the whole "oh surprise, he really wasn't bad it was just that sanchez guy that was amazing" scene. I hope it stays competitive : ).

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Feb 4, 2008 4:29 PM

Jan 2007
thank god they showed Goro his place. Good to see that there is a big difference. I am very excited about the next episode now. I wan't to see many games played for this season.
Feb 9, 2008 4:11 PM

Dec 2006
I can't agree more. I would like to see Goro improve his game over a lot of games and slowly make his way to the majors like he should be.
Jan 24, 2012 7:41 AM
Apr 2011
Yes, finally someone showed Goro his place and that he's not the best or special or anything. It was great when Fox was yelling at Goro about basically how lucky and naive he was about the majors. I kinda hope that someone will show him the ropes at the majors and more about pitching.
Although it's nice to see Goro improving through his games, it has been quite repetitive where his speed just increases. I really want him to learn curve balls etc and throw them at his top speed.
Jul 7, 2013 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode, if Goro coasted right onto the team like that I would have dropped this anime right then and there. Thankfully he got shot down like that. Sanchez hit it right on the money. Speed, control, and PITCH VARIETY need to be better.

Translation: LEARN MORE TYPES OF PITCHES!!!

Sanchez was a bit of an ass, and punching Goro was out of line, but I agree with everything he said.

Its time for Goro to grow the hell up.
Dec 29, 2013 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
"just eating hamburgers and hot dogs everyday".... wut?

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Jan 3, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2009
GypaetusBarbatus said:
This.

Anyways, since when was Goro the type of guy to give up before even trying at something. He seems pretty out of character this episode.
Apr 16, 2015 6:39 AM

Aug 2013
^I agree, it's not like Gorou at all.
And I hope the upcoming match will be a good experience for him.
Jul 1, 2015 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
Fox was right. He can't afford to complain like that after some of them struggled so much. It just wouldn't be fair.

Goro fighting against Sanchez was hilarious. Sneaky kick! That bastard x)
Also, when Sanchez missed, I reacted exactly like Goro, laughing my ass off. It didn't last long though.

It was nice to see what was happening to Shimizu. I hope we see what is happening in Japan from time to time.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2015 3:58 AM

Jun 2009
GypaetusBarbatus said:

junk food is cheap, you tend to be a cheapskate when you don't make any money...
Aug 8, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
Another good episode, the level of struggle feels about right
Feb 29, 2016 12:27 PM
Jan 2016
iwould've wanted him to start in double A league but whatever. we'll see.. also now that he already did this whole shitty team thing in s1 and s3 id like him to go into good organization/team
Apr 23, 2016 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
He got in a fight with the team's ace and lost his confidence.
Sep 10, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2008
Goro will soon become the clown of Major the way he acts lmao

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 19, 2018 5:27 PM

Jul 2016
The disrespect Goro gave to Sanchez was so over the top it was hilarious! Probably the funniest moment in the series I've seen so far. Had this been real life, his ass would have been shipped out of there in a heart beat, or everybody on the team, including the coaches, would have beat the fuck out of him. It was good to see Sanchez put Goro in his place and humble the guy.

This season is rocking it so far.. I'm not sure I want to go out tonight now :).
Jul 31, 2020 7:52 AM

Dec 2007
really loved this episode, especially for goro development, I mean, it's really first time since S1 that goro learned his place and don'y show off his power.
and though I'm agreeing with fox, goro aimed to get to the major and he complains now and he thinks he is not fitted yet, I'm really statisfied with goro this season, finally he starts to act like human and not kami.
and I want more kaoru shimzu moments~ it really surprised me to see her again.
Oct 17, 2021 6:58 PM

Jul 2015
For the time being Goro's actions speak for him but he really needs to learn some English.

Goro starting a fight and Sanchez missing the frame was just hilarious. Glad to see Goro being humbled there on not being ready for the Major League yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 18 Discussion

Harout - Nov 10, 2008

27 by QuestIonMark_ »»
Aug 8, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 3, 2008

33 by Meranwise »»
Oct 27, 2022 6:31 AM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Harout - Dec 28, 2008

50 by CLADDAN »»
Sep 19, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 3 Discussion

Awakened - Jan 20, 2008

32 by CLADDAN »»
Sep 16, 2022 4:33 PM

Poll: » Major S4 Episode 2 Discussion

lowell - Jan 21, 2008

34 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 18, 2022 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.