Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 13, 2014 8:30 AM

Jan 2011
Satan-sama said:
Well, I said that I did enjoy the fight between Hisoka and Gotoh and the result of the fight was pretty obvious to be predicted, yet I feel bad for Gotoh, he was introduced in the very beginning of the anime and he died for no reason in such a place like that. that's somehow sounds lame to me. What did he die for ?

the butler never was a relevant character, same thing as the archer kid an the bug lady that died in chimera ant arc, they got a few eps an then got killed like trash, you should have gotten used to this after the previous arc
Aug 13, 2014 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
silversaint said:
Satan-sama said:
Well, I said that I did enjoy the fight between Hisoka and Gotoh and the result of the fight was pretty obvious to be predicted, yet I feel bad for Gotoh, he was introduced in the very beginning of the anime and he died for no reason in such a place like that. that's somehow sounds lame to me. What did he die for ?

the butler never was a relevant character, same thing as the archer kid an the bug lady that died in chimera ant arc, they got a few eps an then got killed like trash, you should have gotten used to this after the previous arc

Dying doesn't make them irrelevant regardless of when it happens or how much/little they glorify the death.
Aug 13, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Hisoka doesn't seem extremely strong, he is just always one step ahead.
Aug 13, 2014 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
TonyTonyStark said:
silversaint said:

Dying doesn't make them irrelevant regardless of when it happens or how much/little they glorify the death.

i dunno where you got that from, never said that dying makes a character irrelevant
Aug 13, 2014 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
silversaint said:
TonyTonyStark said:

i dunno where you got that from, never said that dying makes a character irrelevant

Because you cropped out/ignored the subordinate parts of my sentence.

So let me generalize: How was he irrelevant?
Aug 13, 2014 11:47 AM
Jul 2014
Did the needlemen running remind anyone else of the titans from Attack on Titan.
Aug 13, 2014 1:11 PM

May 2013
Aw...Gotoh :/
Aug 13, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Gotoh, goddamnit. I kinda knew he was going to die but still .. meh.
Aug 13, 2014 2:37 PM

Mar 2014
TonyTonyStark said:
silversaint said:

This is the same guy that thought Kite was irrelevant. I don't think you'll get anything out of him.
Aug 13, 2014 3:00 PM

Feb 2013
jreginald said:
This is the same guy that thought Kite was irrelevant. I don't think you'll get anything out of him.

He's funny though
Aug 13, 2014 3:18 PM
Nov 2008
Kyouraku-san said:
Damn, R.I.P. Gotoh. It was a great fight but Hisoka is the boss.
WTF This ugly monster transforms into a motorbike ? xD
WOW THEY DRIVE SO FAST ON A CURVED ROAD, SCREW THE CENTRIFUGAL FORCE.
Canary rofl
I guess Illumi is the main villain of the arc. Too bad Hisoka is just his pet.

Even if you can't see them you can actually hear the brakes being used on the curved parts.

Edit: actually the rumor is for when the motorbike accelerate but then it should be a conseguence of it being slower a moment before.
Aug 13, 2014 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
Kyouraku-san said:
Canary rofl

They're each other's pets.
Aug 13, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2014
Bwahahaa!! The way Illumi's needlemen were running!

Goddamn I love this show. I'm going to be incredibly sad when they run out of material. :(
JankenStudiosAug 13, 2014 4:32 PM
AnimuPlyr for the iPhone and iPad. Plays your anime MKV's, updates your anime list automatically.

www.janken-studios.com
AnimuPlyr club on MAL
Aug 13, 2014 4:42 PM

Jan 2014
Loving Hisoka even more !
Aug 13, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2013
"Oookaaay..." - Hisoka

Haha, had to play that part a couple times lol. Love Hisoka
Aug 13, 2014 7:47 PM

Nov 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
Canary rofl

Lol, an old lady just turns into a motorcycle and you're complaining about physics?!
I'm assuming their Nen could keep them glued to the road.
Aug 13, 2014 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
TheBigL said:
"Oookaaay..." - Hisoka

What HxH fan doesn't love Hisoka?
Ston3_FreeN7Aug 13, 2014 8:36 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 13, 2014 7:57 PM

Jan 2011
jreginald said:
TonyTonyStark said:

im pretty sure all i did back then was question wether Kite was strong enough to measure how dangerous the chimera ants were (an ultimately only 4 chimera ants can be considered a threat), i also remember saying that i thought he had some good tracking skills but nothing particularly impressive when it comes to combat... never mentioned anything about how relevant he was, an to be honest i wouldnt compare how important Kite was to the story with the butler guy
Aug 13, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
RediceRyan said:
Great episode. Hisoka doesn't seem extremely strong, he is just always one step ahead.

I would say Hisoka is stronger than he lets on. Especially if he has already fought with Chrollo and survived (This is obviously still unconfirmed as to what is going on with Chrollo. I wish we could get some info about him soon).
Aug 13, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Gotoh vs Hisoka didn't take long at all.

RIP in piece Gotoh.
Aug 13, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2012
StriderZero said:
RediceRyan said:

I would say Hisoka is stronger than he lets on. Especially if he has already fought with Chrollo and survived (This is obviously still unconfirmed as to what is going on with Chrollo. I wish we could get some info about him soon).

It's been stated that Hisoka hasn't shown even close to his full power, Hisoka wanted to fight Netero and wants to fight Ging and he isn't suicidal. I doubt Bungee Gum is the only power he has.
Aug 13, 2014 10:21 PM

Sep 2009
wat. i never thought that hisoka would lose, but i was still shocked that gotoh just died like that. i grew to like him after his little spiel about deception to gon during the killua arc and he was still just as likable when he came back for this arc.

but i guess after reading previous comments about that archer kids, this isn't something that i should be too shocked by. still sad though.

and it turns out that amane isn't just a stick in the mud. her "real" personality turned out to be pretty fun~
Aug 13, 2014 10:48 PM

Nov 2011
insan3Spectre said:
TheBigL said:
"Oookaaay..." - Hisoka

What HxH fan doesn't love Hisoka?

I hate Hisoka.

I can't say that I "like" him, but he's a superb villain.
Aug 13, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, I didn't think Gotoh was going to die so easily. I really wanna see Hisoka go all out in a fight. It'd probably be pretty epic haha.
Aug 14, 2014 12:20 AM

Jul 2014
Ando- said:
Damn, I didn't think Gotoh was going to die so easily. I really wanna see Hisoka go all out in a fight. It'd probably be pretty epic haha.

Yeah I'm looking forward to an all out Hisoka fight too. I can't wait to see how powerful he really is.
Aug 14, 2014 3:53 AM

Feb 2014
silversaint said:
jreginald said:

im pretty sure all i did back then was question wether Kite was strong enough to measure how dangerous the chimera ants were (an ultimately only 4 chimera ants can be considered a threat), i also remember saying that i thought he had some good tracking skills but nothing particularly impressive when it comes to combat... never mentioned anything about how relevant he was, an to be honest i wouldnt compare how important Kite was to the story with the butler guy

And you dodged explaining how.... again
Aug 14, 2014 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
Oh Hisoka, the things I'd do to you.
Aug 14, 2014 4:53 AM

Jul 2012
fuckin hisoka man..we need more of him bungee gum. i wonder what other abilities hisoka has..
Cty Best mid
Aug 14, 2014 5:43 AM

Aug 2014
I want Chrollo to get his Nen back already, then I want to see him fight Ging. Speaking of Ging, I want to know what his Nen ability is, he's
but I'm hoping it's actually creative in some way. Hisoka needs to go to the
TyrelAug 14, 2014 10:42 AM
Aug 14, 2014 7:35 AM

Apr 2011
Poor Gotoh didnt stand a chance against Hisoka.
Aug 14, 2014 7:54 AM

Jul 2013
LainsHairline said:
I want Chrollo to get his Nen back already, then I want to see him fight Ging. Speaking of Ging, I want to know what his Nen ability is, he's an enhancer but I'm hoping it's actually creative in some way. Hisoka needs to stop posting spoiler, I'm sure there will be more "95-100" enemies he can fight there, right now he's just screwing around bored with no real challenges, I can relate.

We don't know if Ging is an enchancer or not.
Aug 14, 2014 8:20 AM
Aug 2014
MrLief said:
StriderZero said:

It's been stated that Hisoka hasn't shown even close to his full power, Hisoka wanted to fight Netero and wants to fight Ging and he isn't suicidal. I doubt Bungee Gum is the only power he has.

Plus Hisoka seems good at rating opponents, So he probably rated Netero like 150 lol. Nd he still wanted to take him on, Hisoka is definitely holding out on some serious power.
Aug 14, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
Aug 14, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2014
Rly nice fight between Gotoh and Hisoka ;p R.I.P Gotoh you fought well.
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Aug 14, 2014 8:22 PM

Dec 2011
Flashoftheback said:

Wow, i just realized it. His initial name is fit. I for ISLAND.

Oh shiiiiiiiiit! Ickshonpe is a hacker hunter too! He would probably know how to integrate nen with the game disc and the joy station.
Aug 15, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't think he was gonna really kill the butler xD. Cool episode.
Aug 15, 2014 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
Seeing Illumi's bloodlust and Hisoka fighting really revved me up for HxH ever since I caught up to current. It looks like they're on an entirely different level (probably from honing their abilities during the Chimera Ant arc).

Hisoka's confidence made shivers shoot down my spine!!
Aug 15, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2011
Every time I'm thinking of Hisoka can't get out of my mind this scene here

from Greed Island OVA & it makes me ROFL hard always it's so hilarious that I can't help but laugh just from imagined it in my mind :P
This guy is so damn funny some times :)
Aug 15, 2014 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
Gotoh is dead. No! He was such a cool guy.

Also love how Canary distracted Amane just like that. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
RIP Gotoh, you were such a good father-figure of some sort. -sigh-

Next episode will be fun I think
Aug 20, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2012
Gotoh was so nice... Too bad he died early. He loved Killua... I hope the boy knows it :(

Please, don't kill Canary... And Amane is really cute when she's not butler-mode, haha.
Aug 23, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
R.I.P Gotoh D':
Aug 25, 2014 7:28 PM
Apr 2014
nice fight, and RIP Gotoh
Amane was really cute
Aug 26, 2014 7:59 AM

May 2013
R.I.P Gotoh. Of course Togashi killed off the most likable butler...on the other hand it does succeed in establishing Hisoka as a threat again, which hasn't really been the case since Yorkshin, or Heaven's Arena for that matter.

Great episode overall, but it's the kind that's mostly self-explanatory. Lots of psychological mind games, as usual, and a fantastic build-up of suspense for what happens next. I did particularly enjoy seeing a different side to Amane and Killua's conversation with Morel, where we see the full extent of how much Killua loves Alluka and the level of hatred he holds for Illumi, something the latter is almost completely oblivious to. Also, the way Togashi effectively tied the Election arc into Killua's arc was brilliant, a really clever way of turning what had been two mostly unrelated stories into one.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Aug 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
R.I.P Gotoh!
One can't just fight Hisoka and expect to come out alive.
Sep 8, 2014 1:09 AM

May 2013
Rip Gotoh I always liked him but he didn't stand a chance against Hisoka. Loved the scene when Hisoka delivered the finishing blow. As for Serin group plans, don't know if they brave or just plain stupid for going after Illumi. Probably stupid though...

Damn I can't believe how much I missed this show.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 13, 2014 9:49 AM

Apr 2007
But...I like Gotoh :( Honestly I didn't expect him to die, even knowing how strong Hisoka is.
Sep 14, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2013
Gotoh was a strong but he didn't stand a chance against our almighty JOKER. He has way too many tricks up his sleeve.
Sep 26, 2014 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
why did Gotoh have to die i really liked the guy
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FrostToaster - Dec 22, 2012

135 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

155 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ElectricSlime - Dec 8, 2012

257 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 57 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Dec 1, 2012

133 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Nov 17, 2012

124 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.